PDA

View Full Version : More people are leaving NY

jimnyc
04-03-2017, 12:18 PM
Looks like I'm finally making an impact! Maybe if I stay here and start up more trouble they will all leave!

---

Report: More People Are Leaving New York Than Any Other Metro Area in the U.S.

More people are leaving the New York metropolitan area than any other metropolitan area in the U.S., according to U.S. Census data.

More than one million people moved out of the New York area to another region since 2010, the New York Post reported.

The number of people leaving the area, which includes parts of New Jersey, Connecticut, the lower Hudson Valley, and Long Island, increased from 187,034 in 2015 to 223,423 in 2016.

The number of international immigrants, on the other hand, decreased from 181,551 to 160,324 over the same period, records show.

Experts say people are leaving the area due to the improving economy, an increase in jobs in cheaper places to live, and because retirees are seeking warmer climates.

“The historical trend is that out migration grows when economy is getting better,” said Empire Center for Public Policy research director E.J. McMahon. “As the economy gets better there are more jobs outside the region and by the same token . . . more people to buy your house if you’re a baby boomer looking to move to Boca Raton or Myrtle Beach.”

Americans who choose to relocate are increasingly moving to Florida, Texas, and the Northwest from the Rust Belt and the eastern U.S.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/04/02/report-more-people-are-leaving-new-york-than-any-other-metro-area-in-the-u-s/

sear
04-03-2017, 12:35 PM
Good.

No intrinsic bias against New York.
My pappy was born in New York, New York; the city so nice they named it twice.

I was born there too. And I've been a life-long NYS resident.

But this State is infested with corrupt officials, stupid laws, and high taxes.

What Albany needs is a dope-slap. And moving out of State is perfect.

Thanks for the good news. It's the first reason to cheer I've found all day.

jimnyc
04-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Good.

No intrinsic bias against New York.
My pappy was born in New York, New York; the city so nice they named it twice.

I was born there too. And I've been a life-long NYS resident.

But this State is infested with corrupt officials, stupid laws, and high taxes.

What Albany needs is a dope-slap. And moving out of State is perfect.

Thanks for the good news. It's the first reason to cheer I've found all day.

I'll be on that list eventually, unless not only all the political weenies leave - but they would also need to pull the sun closer to us. :)

Being a LEFT or RIGHT state is cool with me. But New York is far too left for me. I was born and raised in NJ, which isn't nearly as bad no matter what anyone says. Been here 17 years now and have grown to like it less and less. I'm in Lower Westchester - what areas of NY did you live in?

Elessar
04-03-2017, 12:41 PM
I really liked upstate NY, plus monthly trips to West Point to hunt, camp, and fish.

The city (NYC) was too much of a rat-race for me, being a WVA Hillbilly!:laugh:

But since I was stationed there, had to suck it up and maintain! I did like
New Rochelle and Mamaroneck and some of the LI Sound coastal towns in Nassau County, though.

jimnyc
04-03-2017, 12:45 PM
I really liked upstate NY, plus monthly trips to West Point to hunt, camp, and fish.

The city (NYC) was too much of a rat-race for me, being a WVA Hillbilly!:laugh:

But since I was stationed there, had to suck it up and maintain! I did like
New Rochelle and Mamaroneck and some of the LI Sound coastal towns in Nassau County, though.

Think New Rochelle and Mamaroneck, on Boston Post Road if you recall, and I'm in the small city in between the two. See if you can guess it. Weird part is I'll you if you get it right...

When I was in Queens I REALLY hated it, the rat race, $400 month to park my car at home or spend hours daily looking for a spot! I HATED the subway from there. Now in Lower Westchester, it's more like home in NJ, a little more suburban, and it's not like the city as in less traffic and less cars. But when 9am or 5pm is nearby, the congestion is still there. :(

Gunny
04-03-2017, 01:51 PM
Y'all spend all your time denigrating us because we're Southern. Stay out. Don't come down here spreading your disease. We have things like ... oh ..table manners. We're dumbass hicks, remember? You sure as the Hell don't mind ripping us off.

And since we apparently have to do this now ... my comment is not aimed at an individual. It's aimed at a mindset. But it DOES bring up a good question ...why do we spend more time disclaiming crap than making a point?

Elessar
04-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Think New Rochelle and Mamaroneck, on Boston Post Road if you recall, and I'm in the small city in between the two. See if you can guess it. Weird part is I'll you if you get it right...

:(

I am guessing Larchmont. I could not get our boat in there....far too shallow.

aboutime
04-03-2017, 06:30 PM
jim. With a Mayor, like NYC has. It's a wonder more aren't moving there. Especially, Liberals, Illegals, and Gang Members who are basically PROTECTED by the idiot Mayor.
As for the rest of the state. Hope those who are leaving, go WEST, to Ca. We have enough LAW BREAKERS here in the South with EXPIRED N.Y. License plates, and OBAMA STICKERS on junked-out, blacked-out windows, with loud mufflers, and those 1000 dollar spinner, chrome wheels.

sear
04-03-2017, 08:02 PM
"New York is far too left for me." jc

Indeed!
Down-State truly is!

BUT !!

Get thee North of Albany, and the air clears, and so too the politics.
We're mostly Republicans up here, it's like a different country. Different culture. Different driving style / road manners, etc.

"I'm in Lower Westchester - what areas of NY did you live in?" jc

My condolence. Tell Bill & Hill sear said hello. (don't forget the N)

I started out in Rockland County, when it was essentially rural, in the late 1950's.

Our house had Hudson River frontage, and a private dock. My Dad & I built a boat when I was a boy, and I gained a love of and skill with water sport.
I earned my first steady paycheck as Committee Boat Captain for the Tappan Zee Yacht Racing Association, before I was old enough to obtain a car driver's license. I am a boating man.

I lived there until I went overseas as a Cold Warrior.

After ETS I settled in Dutchess county, south of Poughkeepsie.

Now I'm in the Adirondack Park.

At this rate by my 300th birthday I'll be living inside the arctic circle.

"I really liked upstate NY, plus monthly trips to West Point to hunt, camp, and fish." E #4

Some friends and I did paint-ball against a bunch of West Point cadets outside of Newburgh.
They kicked our asses!
But they were a great bunch of guys (for "Army slime").
First they'd beat us.
Then they'd recount the history of the battle strategy they used to beat us. It was an awesome day!

"The city (NYC) was too much of a rat-race for me" E #4

"The problem with the rat-race is, even if you win, you're still a rat." Lilly Tomlin
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9822&stc=1

Gunny
04-03-2017, 08:06 PM
"New York is far too left for me." jc

Indeed!
Down-State truly is!

BUT !!

Get thee North of Albany, and the air clears, and so too the politics.
We're mostly Republicans up here, it's like a different country. Different culture. Different driving style / road manners, etc.

"I'm in Lower Westchester - what areas of NY did you live in?" jc

My condolence. Tell Bill & Hill sear said hello. (don't forget the N)

I started out in Rockland County, when it was essentially rural, in the late 1950's.

Our house had Hudson River frontage, and a private dock. My Dad & I built a boat when I was a boy, and I gained a love of and skill with water sport.
I earned my first steady paycheck as Committee Boat Captain for the Tappan Zee Yacht Racing Association, before I was old enough to obtain a car driver's license. I am a boating man.

I lived there until I went overseas as a Cold Warrior.

After ETS I settled in Dutchess county, south of Poughkeepsie.

Now I'm in the Adirondack Park.

At this rate by my 300th birthday I'll be living inside the arctic circle.

"I really liked upstate NY, plus monthly trips to West Point to hunt, camp, and fish." E #4

Some friends and I did paint-ball against a bunch of West Point cadets outside of Newburgh.
They kicked our asses!
But they were a great bunch of guys (for "Army slime").
First they'd beat us.
Then they'd recount the history of the battle strategy they used to beat us. It was an awesome day!

"The city (NYC) was too much of a rat-race for me" E #4

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9822&stc=1The ex is from Rochester. Been there.

sear
04-03-2017, 08:49 PM
G #10

I have a soft spot for my ex.

It's out back behind the barn. I can dispose of her corpse back there in less than ten minutes.

jimnyc
04-04-2017, 01:14 PM
I am guessing Larchmont. I could not get our boat in there....far too shallow.

ding ding ding!!

Yeah, you have to have your boat in certain areas when low tide is in, or you'll be waiting for awhile. Getting into Mamaroneck is a little easier but not much. But we did have a body float up on the Mamaroneck beach which was kinda cool!

jimnyc
04-04-2017, 01:15 PM
jim. With a Mayor, like NYC has. It's a wonder more aren't moving there. Especially, Liberals, Illegals, and Gang Members who are basically PROTECTED by the idiot Mayor.
As for the rest of the state. Hope those who are leaving, go WEST, to Ca. We have enough LAW BREAKERS here in the South with EXPIRED N.Y. License plates, and OBAMA STICKERS on junked-out, blacked-out windows, with loud mufflers, and those 1000 dollar spinner, chrome wheels.

I'm sure they are. And now potential talk of Hillary running for mayor? :puke:

aboutime
04-04-2017, 04:03 PM
I'm sure they are. And now potential talk of Hillary running for mayor? :puke:

GOD FORBID. The only house she should be sent to by WE THE PEOPLE is in GITMO.

gabosaurus
04-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Of course they are leaving NY. They are moving to Southern California. Perhaps they are shamed my Jim's million-dollar home. :p

Elessar
04-04-2017, 06:11 PM
ding ding ding!!

Yeah, you have to have your boat in certain areas when low tide is in, or you'll be waiting for awhile. Getting into Mamaroneck is a little easier but not much. But we did have a body float up on the Mamaroneck beach which was kinda cool!

Side towing a boat of any larger size is tricky going into Mamaroneck...quite the narrow channel.