PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul on Susan Rice

jimnyc
04-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Yup, he nails it again! I'm liking him more and more lately.

---

Rand Paul: If Rice’s Snooping Wasn’t Political…Why Wasn’t FBI Involved?

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) believes Susan Rice did not sufficiently answer Andrea Mitchell’s questions on Tuesday. When the MSNBC anchor pressed the former national security adviser over whether she spied on the Trump transition team and unmasked their names for political purposes, Rice said surveillance was well within her job description.

“We only do it to protect the American people and to do our jobs," she told Mitchell, adding she never “leaked nothing to nobody.”

“I don’t think she answered the question,” Paul said on Fox News Wednesday.

If it wasn’t for political reasons and she was really seeking the information for foreign intelligence reasons, Paul wondered, then why wasn’t the FBI involved?

He had more questions.

“Did the president direct you to eavesdrop and sift through intelligence?” Paul asked, wondering if President Obama was behind the privacy breach.

Paul, who is known as a champion for Americans’ privacy, said the situation raises too many constitutional alarm bells.

“We need to protect American privacy,” he said. “We can’t let political partisans search through databases.”

Paul is demanding Rice testify in front of a grand jury and explain why her actions weren’t political.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2017/04/05/rand-paul-if-rices-snooping-wasnt-politicalwhy-wasnt-fbi-involved-n2309142

Russ
04-05-2017, 10:18 AM
I'd like to see them review all the foreign surveillance cases in which Susan Rice requested the unmasking of an American citizen, and see just what percentage of them involved someone in the Trump campaign. If it is more that 5%, then Susan Rice did this for political reasons.

I'd also like to hear Susan Rice explain what the national security risk was in the case of Michael Flynn, that caused her to request the unmasking of the name.

Further, I'd like to hear Obama's explanation as to why, in the closing days of his 8-year administration, he thought it was necessary to create a rule disseminating confidential information like the unmasked names to almost every department of the government. I think we all know the real reason was to create leaks for the Trump administration, but I'd just like to hear the ridiculous, lying excuse that he comes up with.

Gunny
04-05-2017, 02:48 PM
I'd like to see them review all the foreign surveillance cases in which Susan Rice requested the unmasking of an American citizen, and see just what percentage of them involved someone in the Trump campaign. If it is more that 5%, then Susan Rice did this for political reasons.

I'd also like to hear Susan Rice explain what the national security risk was in the case of Michael Flynn, that caused her to request the unmasking of the name.

Further, I'd like to hear Obama's explanation as to why, in the closing days of his 8-year administration, he thought it was necessary to create a rule disseminating confidential information like the unmasked names to almost every department of the government. I think we all know the real reason was to create leaks for the Trump administration, but I'd just like to hear the ridiculous, lying excuse that he comes up with.Democrats explaining themselves. You turning into a comedian, Russ?

Black Diamond
04-05-2017, 02:52 PM
How long before the race card gets played in this ?

jimnyc
04-05-2017, 02:58 PM
How long before the race card gets played in this ?

How long? Surely you're joking!!

---

MSNBC’s Matthews, Corn Meltdown, Claim Susan Rice ‘Unmasking’ Controversy Is Racist and Sexist

On Tuesday’s edition of Hardball, MSNBC host Chris Matthews and MSNBC political analyst/Mother Jones D.C. bureau chief David Corn were unglued over the Susan Rice “unmasking” controversy, suggesting that it was racist and sexist for these accusations to be leveled at the former National Security Adviser because she’s never done anything wrong.

Matthews was off his rocker from the show’s opening minute, denouncing the Rice story as something pushed by the President to “distract attention from the investigation” even though he immediately touted colleague Andrea Mitchell’s lengthy interview with Rice hours earlier.

Why is he going after Susan Rice? It’s like he pulls out — he’s like an old deejay. He pulls out the old records from 20 years ago and plays them again,” Matthews later wondered to Corn and fellow panelist Simon Marks (who unsuccessfully tried to argue that Rice has done herself no favors in giving contradictory statements).

Rest here - http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2017/04/04/msnbcs-matthews-corn-meltdown-claim-susan-rice-unmasking

Gunny
04-05-2017, 03:13 PM
What a shock. Chris Matthews melting down and being an idiot. I don't get why anyone would hire that moron.