PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi and Kendall Jenner

jimnyc
04-05-2017, 12:19 PM
Stupid ad, but I don't see the huge issue. The black lives matter group and so many others are freaking today over this commercial. I couldn't care less - EVERY commercial is designed to advertise and profit, and this ain't no different - and it doesn't harm anyone, other than those looking to bitch. BTW - I detest the Jenners and Kardashians!!

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA5Yq1DLSmQ

pete311
04-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Companies and celebrities making any kind of activist type statement is dubious at best.

jimnyc
04-05-2017, 02:51 PM
Companies and celebrities making any kind of activist type statement is dubious at best.

Agreed.

But the outrage over this is what is funny, like it's the end of the world. Folks go nuts over a commercial they don't like, but remain silent over murders and such.

jimnyc
04-05-2017, 06:36 PM
And now Pepsi already pulls the ad, and apologizes as well. Dumbasses apologize? Fuck that, I wouldn't have. PC wins again.

It was an ad. Ads are often meant to make you think, to remember and of course to have you purchase their product. You don't like it? Then don't buy the product. I guess Pepsi thought the nitwits whining on twitter made it financially necessary to do so. If anything, they should apologize for their shitty drink is all.

AND they also kiss Jenner's ass. :rolleyes:

---

Pepsi Apologizes, Pulls Kendall Jenner Protest Ad After Criticism

The commercial featured Jenner offering a police officer a Pepsi to bridge the gap of division between protestors and authorities.
Pepsi has pulled their recently released controversial ad starring Kendall Jenner.

"Pepsi was trying to project a global message of unity, peace and understanding," the beverage maker's statement read. "Clearly we missed the mark, and we apologize. We did not intend to make light of any serious issue. We are removing the content and halting any further rollout. We also apologize for putting Kendall Jenner in this position."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pepsi-apologizes-pulls-kendall-jenner-protest-ad-criticism-991367

Black Diamond
04-05-2017, 08:18 PM
They think it makes a joke of black lives matter?

Does it make a joke of the cops? All we have to do is give them a Pepsi and they'll quit being mean?

Black Diamond
04-05-2017, 08:21 PM
One thing I just thought of....

Blacks prefer Pepsi over coke so it makes sense Pepsi would kiss BLM ass.

Gunny
04-05-2017, 08:52 PM
One thing I just thought of....

Blacks prefer Pepsi over coke so it makes sense Pepsi would kiss BLM ass.Only thing I really know about it is Pepsico 0wns Pizza Hut, Taco Hell, and KFC. Probably more crap. I think maybe Long John Silver's. I don't get the involvement in politics from a business perspective. It's nothing new though.

They used to market Kools to blacks then Newports. It's all just marketing to a niche. They marketed Marlboro's to rednecks.

I smoke Winstons and don't eat at any of those places.:laugh:

Black Diamond
04-05-2017, 08:57 PM
Only thing I really know about it is Pepsico 0wns Pizza Hut, Taco Hell, and KFC. Probably more crap. I think maybe Long John Silver's. I don't get the involvement in politics from a business perspective. It's nothing new though.

They used to market Kools to blacks then Newports. It's all just marketing to a niche. They marketed Marlboro's to rednecks.

I smoke Winstons and don't eat at any of those places.:laugh:
I don't get mixing business and politics either. Whether you own the company or work production. You're gonna piss off half the people. Especially the last 8 years up to now.

And I would have figured you to be a lucky strike guy. :)