PDA

View Full Version : Mike Pence and his wife

jimnyc
04-05-2017, 05:42 PM
Mike Pence will only dine in if his wife is there. He won't dine with other women alone. He won't attend events that serve alcohol if his wife is not with him.

And folks want to jump on him for this, he's sexist and what not. :rolleyes:

I applaud him. I don't think there would be anything wrong at all if he dined with women when there's nothing going on. But I think it's great that he has such family values, that he's so close with his wife. And I think it sucks that there are idiots out there that will try and turn it around and condemn him, or her, or mock them. Good for you, Mike! :clap:

---

Mike Pence won't dine alone with a woman who's not his wife. Is that sexist?

Last week, the Washington Post profiled second lady Karen Pence, a devout Christian and devoted wife who is, as the story put it, her husband’s “prayer warrior,” “gut check” and “shield.”

Ashley Parker, the reporter, noted that Vice President Mike Pence once had told The Hill, a political newspaper and website, that he never dines with women alone, nor does he attend functions without his wife if alcohol is being served.

This tidbit popped off the page like a spark from a burning log. Twitter, which is always highly combustible, exploded.

Was this a sign of marital devotion and respect? Or a signal that the Pences don’t trust Mike Pence to be alone with a woman? Or perhaps don’t trust a woman to be alone with Mike Pence?

I figured this fusty-seeming practice must spring from the couple’s well-known religiosity.

They were married in the Catholic church, later became evangelical Christians and frequently talk about their faith. Mike Pence often describes himself as “a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.”

Some people said the vice president simply was following the “Billy Graham rule” — created by the famous evangelist in 1948, when he was on the road proselytizing. Graham and his male colleagues vowed to avoid situations that would “have even the appearance of compromise or suspicion.”

Rest here - http://www.chicagotribune.com/la-me-abcarian-pence-marriage-20170405-story.html

KarlMarx
04-05-2017, 05:54 PM
The only reason why the media are making such a big deal about this is that Mike Pence isn't giving them a chance to spread salacious rumors about him being involved with another woman.

Instead of giving those pigs the Pulitzer Prize, some ought to give them a size 12 right in the pants

Gunny
04-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Mike Pence will only dine in if his wife is there. He won't dine with other women alone. He won't attend events that serve alcohol if his wife is not with him.

And folks want to jump on him for this, he's sexist and what not. :rolleyes:

I applaud him. I don't think there would be anything wrong at all if he dined with women when there's nothing going on. But I think it's great that he has such family values, that he's so close with his wife. And I think it sucks that there are idiots out there that will try and turn it around and condemn him, or her, or mock them. Good for you, Mike! :clap:

---

Mike Pence won't dine alone with a woman who's not his wife. Is that sexist?

Last week, the Washington Post profiled second lady Karen Pence, a devout Christian and devoted wife who is, as the story put it, her husband’s “prayer warrior,” “gut check” and “shield.”

Ashley Parker, the reporter, noted that Vice President Mike Pence once had told The Hill, a political newspaper and website, that he never dines with women alone, nor does he attend functions without his wife if alcohol is being served.

This tidbit popped off the page like a spark from a burning log. Twitter, which is always highly combustible, exploded.

Was this a sign of marital devotion and respect? Or a signal that the Pences don’t trust Mike Pence to be alone with a woman? Or perhaps don’t trust a woman to be alone with Mike Pence?

I figured this fusty-seeming practice must spring from the couple’s well-known religiosity.

They were married in the Catholic church, later became evangelical Christians and frequently talk about their faith. Mike Pence often describes himself as “a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.”

Some people said the vice president simply was following the “Billy Graham rule” — created by the famous evangelist in 1948, when he was on the road proselytizing. Graham and his male colleagues vowed to avoid situations that would “have even the appearance of compromise or suspicion.”

Rest here - http://www.chicagotribune.com/la-me-abcarian-pence-marriage-20170405-story.htmlIs the best they can do? Holy crap. I wouldn't go out to eat or drinking without my wife (or assorted GF's :laugh: ) But I'm completely monogamous. This is yet another leftwingnut non-issue to me. Why would I want to go out to dinner or a club without my partner? (doesn't include fast food joints for lunch at work).

But really ... this is desperation to the nth degree.:laugh:

Elessar
04-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Is the best they can do? Holy crap. I wouldn't go out to eat or drinking without my wife (or assorted GF's :laugh: ) But I'm completely monogamous. This is yet another leftwingnut non-issue to me. Why would I want to go out to dinner or a club without my partner? (doesn't include fast food joints for lunch at work).

But really ... this is desperation to the nth degree.:laugh:

So many other media-created sensations are falling by the wayside, so some liberal
media f*cktard has to invent a new one, just to appear 'relevant'. And....going so far as
to plant ideas in their loyal flocks pea-brains.

Desperation indeed.

Gunny
04-05-2017, 06:51 PM
So many other media-created sensations are falling by the wayside, so some liberal
media f*cktard has to invent a new one, just to appear 'relevant'. And....going so far as
to plant ideas in their loyal flocks pea-brains.

Desperation indeed.Well damn ... I eat with my cat.

aboutime
04-05-2017, 07:56 PM
The MSM FAKE NEWS amateur journalists are just jealous, and miserable to see an Honorable man, and his wife portray real, honest, loving people dedicated to being good people. Primarily because the amateurs wish their lives had included parents like Pence and his Wife. But, in most cases. The amateur journalists must deal with being the ignored products of decisions...that didn't include ROE V. WADE by their phony parents.
If anyone thinks that is too harsh to say. Too bad. Liberals hate being confronted with HONEST FACTS.