PDA

View Full Version : Trump: Gas Attack 'Very Much' Changed 'My Attitude Toward Syria and Assad'

jimnyc
04-05-2017, 05:49 PM
So what do YOU think should be done in Syria? Keep in mind before you reply - Russia disagrees that Assad played any part, and obviously would be against us getting involved militarily...

---

Trump: Gas Attack 'Very Much' Changed 'My Attitude Toward Syria and Assad'

WASHINGTON -- President Trump declared he and Jordan's King Abdullah II "will protect civilization" during the monarch's visit to the White House today, at which Trump told reporters that his "attitude" on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad had changed after Tuesday's chemical weapons attack.

In a Rose Garden press conference, Trump said that in "great warrior" King Abdullah "America is blessed with a thoughtful and determined partner."

"He is a man who has spent years commanding his country's special forces. He really knows what being a soldier is. That I can tell you. And he knows how to fight," he added. "The king has been a leader in calling for a plan to defeat ISIS once and for all, and I'm with you on that. We're both leaders on that, believe me. That's what we speak about today and that is what we are going to do. And it will be a shorter fight than a lot of people are thinking about, believe me."

The president said he and the king also "discussed measures to combat the evil and ideology that inspires ISIS and plagues our planet."

"In addition, we also acknowledged the vital role that Jordan has played in hosting refugees from the conflict in Syria. We have just announced that the United States will contribute additional funds to Jordan for humanitarian assistance," he said, adding they discussed the Mideast peace process because "I'm working very, very hard on trying to finally create peace between the Palestinians and Israel and I think we'll be successful."

Abdullah called the U.S.-Jordan partnership "very close to our hearts" and emphasized that "terrorism has no borders, no nationality, no religion, and therefore joint action with a holistic approach, as I just mentioned Mr. President, is crucial."

"No doubt with all the challenges that we face in the world, the role of the U.S. is key to all the issues that we have around the world. But it's not just the fact that we should expect the United States to do all the heavy lifting," the king added. "The heavy lifting has to be done by all of us in the international community to support the United States in being able to translate that vision into the right direction, so there's a lot of responsibility for all of us in the international community to support the president, the administration and the American people to bring brighter days to all of us."

Trump, who issued a statement after news of the chemical weapons attack broke Tuesday, included Syria in his opening remarks, calling the attack "so horrific in Syria against innocent people, including women, small children, and even beautiful little babies."

"Their deaths was [sic] an affront to humanity. These heinous actions by the Assad regime cannot be tolerated. The United States stands with our allies across the globe to condemn this horrific attack and all other horrific attacks, for that matter," Trump said.

Rest here - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/04/05/trump-gas-attack-very-much-changed-my-attitude-toward-syria-and-assad/

Gunny
04-05-2017, 06:04 PM
So what do YOU think should be done in Syria? Keep in mind before you reply - Russia disagrees that Assad played any part, and obviously would be against us getting involved militarily...

---

WASHINGTON -- President Trump declared he and Jordan's King Abdullah II "will protect civilization" during the monarch's visit to the White House today, at which Trump told reporters that his "attitude" on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad had changed after Tuesday's chemical weapons attack.

In a Rose Garden press conference, Trump said that in "great warrior" King Abdullah "America is blessed with a thoughtful and determined partner."

"He is a man who has spent years commanding his country's special forces. He really knows what being a soldier is. That I can tell you. And he knows how to fight," he added. "The king has been a leader in calling for a plan to defeat ISIS once and for all, and I'm with you on that. We're both leaders on that, believe me. That's what we speak about today and that is what we are going to do. And it will be a shorter fight than a lot of people are thinking about, believe me."

The president said he and the king also "discussed measures to combat the evil and ideology that inspires ISIS and plagues our planet."

"In addition, we also acknowledged the vital role that Jordan has played in hosting refugees from the conflict in Syria. We have just announced that the United States will contribute additional funds to Jordan for humanitarian assistance," he said, adding they discussed the Mideast peace process because "I'm working very, very hard on trying to finally create peace between the Palestinians and Israel and I think we'll be successful."

Abdullah called the U.S.-Jordan partnership "very close to our hearts" and emphasized that "terrorism has no borders, no nationality, no religion, and therefore joint action with a holistic approach, as I just mentioned Mr. President, is crucial."

"No doubt with all the challenges that we face in the world, the role of the U.S. is key to all the issues that we have around the world. But it's not just the fact that we should expect the United States to do all the heavy lifting," the king added. "The heavy lifting has to be done by all of us in the international community to support the United States in being able to translate that vision into the right direction, so there's a lot of responsibility for all of us in the international community to support the president, the administration and the American people to bring brighter days to all of us."

Trump, who issued a statement after news of the chemical weapons attack broke Tuesday, included Syria in his opening remarks, calling the attack "so horrific in Syria against innocent people, including women, small children, and even beautiful little babies."

"Their deaths was [sic] an affront to humanity. These heinous actions by the Assad regime cannot be tolerated. The United States stands with our allies across the globe to condemn this horrific attack and all other horrific attacks, for that matter," Trump said.

Rest here - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/04/05/trump-gas-attack-very-much-changed-my-attitude-toward-syria-and-assad/Wait for ... the usual suspects to come in and call Trump a flip-flopper.

I find it atrocious. Here's an interesting observation though ... remember those WMDs Saddam didn't have no one wanted to find? Wonder where they went in those convoys heading from Iraq into Syria?

Elessar
04-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Wait for ... the usual suspects to come in and call Trump a flip-flopper.

I find it atrocious. Here's an interesting observation though ... remember those WMDs Saddam didn't have no one wanted to find? Wonder where they went in those convoys heading from Iraq into Syria?

I asked the very same thing several days ago, and smart-assedly asked if people thought it was Dairy Queen deliveries.

Of course, none of the usual deniers or excuse pounders replied.

Drummond
04-05-2017, 06:17 PM
Wait for ... the usual suspects to come in and call Trump a flip-flopper.

I find it atrocious. Here's an interesting observation though ... remember those WMDs Saddam didn't have no one wanted to find? Wonder where they went in those convoys heading from Iraq into Syria?:clap::clap::clap::clap:

EXACTLY.

What if, in fact, the WMD's it's popular to assume don't exist, have BEEN SEEN IN ACTION, without anyone knowing it ?

That said ... surely WMD's have a shelf life ? It'd be in both Putin's and Assad's interests for Russia to sell restocks to the Assad regime.

I think Russia's economy is struggling to stay afloat, and that it'd be in their interest to support their potential buyers any way they can. With the result that any manner of atrocities will be seen in the world ...

Gunny
04-05-2017, 06:29 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

EXACTLY.

What if, in fact, the WMD's it's popular to assume don't exist, have BEEN SEEN IN ACTION, without anyone knowing it ?

That said ... surely WMD's have a shelf life ? It'd be in both Putin's and Assad's interests for Russia to sell restocks to the Assad regime.

I think Russia's economy is struggling to stay afloat, and that it'd be in their interest to support their potential buyers any way they can. With the result that any manner of atrocities will be seen in the world ...The thing is ... I can make a chemical weapon. If I was REALLY interested, I could probably google it to get it right since I'm not EOD. And yes, they have a shelf life as I understand.

I'm not ready to blame Russia without evidence. That is inhumane. I'm not sure even Putin is willing to go that far. He could be tried for war crimes for that. Problem is, the materials to make mustard or chlorine gas you can buy over the counter.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-05-2017, 08:05 PM

---

Rest here - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/04/05/trump-gas-attack-very-much-changed-my-attitude-toward-syria-and-assad/

Big mistake if Trump acts upon this false flag attack!!
Assad gained nothing by doing the deed, the ones that gained was his enemies..
Guess who did it??
Why would he chem attack civilians but not the forces fighting him??
This is a false flag attack--I'd bet my life on it..

And notice how it came just in time to divert attention away from the horrific muzzy attack in Russia!

Article cites Saudis going against ISIS--well so is Assad!
TRUMP HAD BETTER GET BETTER ADVISERS,IMHO..
THIS COULD GO VERY WRONG VERY FAST,, NEVER TRUST THE DAMN MEDIA OR ANY DAMN MUZZY ALLY..--Tyr

Gunny
04-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Guess who did it??

And notice how it came just in time to divert attention away from the horrific muzzy attack in Russia!

THIS COULD GO VERY WRONG VERY FAST,, NEVER TRUST THE DAMN MEDIA OR ANY DAMN MUZZY ALLY..--TyrDepends on what you want to call a "false flag". This business as usual. Life in the ME doesn't have the value it does in the West. They use terror as a weapon and this attack induced terror.

As far as I am concerned. this is Putin's problem. SYria has never been our ally and always allied itself with the USSR/Russia. And Iran.

I can understand a promise to defend our allies. Long as it's kept. However, as a Marine? Don't go sending our people over there and half-assing. And I hate to say this the way I'm going to ... but you hunt every one of them down and kill them. That's their game. They know we won't. You fight fire with fire not a garden hose. They pull this crap to get attention in which our media is willing to aid in their cause.

Charles "The Hammer" Martel had the right answer ... I'm going to hunt you down and wipe you out.

Drummond
04-05-2017, 09:03 PM
The thing is ... I can make a chemical weapon. If I was REALLY interested, I could probably google it to get it right since I'm not EOD. And yes, they have a shelf life as I understand.

I'm not ready to blame Russia without evidence. That is inhumane. I'm not sure even Putin is willing to go that far. He could be tried for war crimes for that. Problem is, the materials to make mustard or chlorine gas you can buy over the counter.

In this case, everyone seems confident that Sarin gas was responsible. But it all needs to be closely investigated. Of course.

I don't know about your media, but here, the Russian account is being widely dismissed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39500947

Is Russia's explanation credible?

Hamish de Bretton-Gordon, a former commanding officer of the British Armed Forces Joint Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear (CBRN) Regiment, said it was "pretty fanciful".

"Axiomatically, if you blow up Sarin, you destroy it," he told the BBC.

"It's very clear it's a Sarin attack," he added. "The view that it's an al-Qaeda or rebel stockpile of Sarin that's been blown up in an explosion, I think is completely unsustainable and completely untrue."

Hasan Haj Ali, commander of the Free Idlib Army rebel group, called Russia's claim a "lie" and said rebel fighters did not have the capability to produce nerve agents.

The UK's representative to the UN, Matthew Rycroft, also told the Security Council that his country had seen nothing to suggest that any non-state actors in Syria had the sort of chemical weapons that would have been consistent with the symptoms.

Francois Delattre of France meanwhile said there was "no fire" after the air strike, even though a strike on an ammunition depot "would have caused a fire".

It was also not clear why there was several hours' difference between the time of the strike reported by multiple witnesses and that stated by Russia.

Gunny
04-05-2017, 10:19 PM
In this case, everyone seems confident that Sarin gas was responsible. But it all needs to be closely investigated. Of course.

I don't know about your media, but here, the Russian account is being widely dismissed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39500947Any other denial groups weigh in on this? Somebody got there hands on or manufactured some sarin. I personally wouldn't want to be anywhere near the crap. I'm just going to wait before I lay blame. I think Putin's a dirtbag and a bully. So is most every leader in the ME.

And consider this ... they want to kill Americans but will do business with a despot? I'm sure there (isn't) some logic there.

Black Diamond
04-05-2017, 10:55 PM
Any other denial groups weigh in on this? Somebody got there hands on or manufactured some sarin. I personally wouldn't want to be anywhere near the crap. I'm just going to wait before I lay blame. I think Putin's a dirtbag and a bully. So is most every leader in the ME.

And consider this ... they want to kill Americans but will do business with a despot? I'm sure there (isn't) some logic there.
Still can't help but but think Putin is a leader. Obama wasn't. Trump we will see. But there is something about someone who picks up the torch. You can be evil and still have a following. He garnered respect. Not love. But respect.

Balu
04-05-2017, 11:45 PM
Guess who did it??

THIS COULD GO VERY WRONG VERY FAST,, NEVER TRUST THE DAMN MEDIA OR ANY DAMN MUZZY ALLY..--Tyr

Right! The decision to blame Assad was made too quickly. And there was no any investigation on this case.
From the military and political point of view there was no sense to use chemical weapons on own territory against own citizens.
Then, Syrian chemical weapons were exported from Syria under the supervision of international observers. Is there any evidence that it is generally available at Assad disposal? I don't remember, that anybody has ever showed and proved it. Or this is similar to the chemical weapons in Iraq, which the American representative Colin Luther Powell spoke about at the UN.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-06-2017, 05:32 AM
Right! The decision to blame Assad was made too quickly. And there was no any investigation on this case.
From the military and political point of view there was no sense to use chemical weapons on own territory against own citizens.
Then, Syrian chemical weapons were exported from Syria under the supervision of international observers. Is there any evidence that it is generally available at Assad disposal? I don't remember, that anybody has ever showed and proved it. Or this is similar to the chemical weapons in Iraq, which the American representative Colin Luther Powell spoke about at the UN.

The chem attack served no military purpose(killed a few civilians), however, it did serve a propaganda purpose.
And we can now clearly see which group that propaganda serves!
Wake up Americans, wake up Trump--you are being played..
Each time there has been chem attack used there it was used on civilians. Not used to wipe out enemy fighting forces!
That reality points to its true purpose=-propaganda and garnering world opinion and aid against the supposed enemy that used it.
So America please tell me how that helps Assad and why he would engage in that ..
Simple logic, simple human nature.. which group( hint, muzzy bastrds) routinely targets innocent women and children to further their goal?
Which group has repeated been caught faking attacks--especially in regards to faking attacks Israel supposedly made? hint- muzzy terrorists.

Now on to the main point, recently Trump has bee criticized for being too friendly with Putin.
Now we know Putin supports Assad.
Now this false flag attacks puts Trump at odds with Putin..

Is anybody getting the drift now, how this clearly points to not only Assad's enemies but, could even be engineered/aided , by elements in our on government.
Elements left in place by the obama regime..
As it serves to cause a huge problem for Trump and get back at Putin,the same Putin that made the obama lok like a damn fool..
Wake up..
2+2+2= 6..
I AM BETTING MY MONEY ON THE 6 AND NOT THE FFING DEM/LIB MEDIA SPILL ...-Tyr

pete311
04-06-2017, 07:42 AM
If this event changed Trump's mind on assad then what the hell was he thinking before. Was he not aware of assad's reign of terror for the past 20 years!?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-06-2017, 08:30 AM
If this event changed Trump's mind on assad then what the hell was he thinking before. Was he not aware of assad's reign of terror for the past 20 years!?

Right. :rolleyes:
As opposed to the kindness, fairness, generosity, compassion and tolerance of those that fight Assad--right you -appeasing moron??

So your ignorance thinks to- POINT ASSAD AS BEING MORE EVIL/ BLACKER, THAN THE MURDERING MUSLIM TERRORISTS THAT SEEK TO DEPOSE HIM AND WILL WITHOUT DOUBT MURDER TENS OF THOUSANDS OF THOSE THAT SUPPORTED HIM SHOULD THEY TAKE CONTROL.
YOU ARE A TOTALLY CLUELESS DUMBASS, THAT NEEDS MENTAL EVALUATION , IMHO.

AND WITHOUT ANY DOUBT IN MY MIND, A DAMN MUZZY APPEASING COWARD.....-Tyr

Balu
04-06-2017, 08:57 AM
Kremlin dismisses US envoy’s photo display of Syrian attack victims as ‘emotional gesture’Russian Politics & Diplomacy (http://tass.com/politics)
April 06, 16:32 UTC+3 MOSCOW
Commenting on Haley’s words about the death of children in Syria, Peskov reminded reporters that preventing such tragedies is exactly what Russia was doing in Syria

https://phototass4.cdnvideo.ru/width/744_b12f2926/tass/m2/en/uploads/i/20170406/1165617.jpg
US Ambassador Nikki Haley© AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews

MOSCOW, April 6./TASS/. US Ambassador Nikki Haley’s exhibition of pictures showing Syrian victims of an alleged chemical attack in the Syrian province of Idlib as she addressed a meeting of the UN Security Council might merely be an emotional gesture, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Thursday.
Read also
https://cdn2.tass.ru/width/333_3412a45b/tass/m2/en/uploads/i/20170406/1165577.jpg (http://tass.com/politics/939731)Putin's spokesman warns Idlib tragedy may be exploited by terrorists (http://tass.com/politics/939731)

"Of course, showing pictures can be important evidence of some fact, but it can also be just an emotional gesture and nothing else," the spokesman said. "Different data, not only on paper but even in glass containers has been demonstrated to the UN Security Council, but most often those were just a display of emotion having nothing to do with the actual situation," Peskov said (possibly referring to a tube with traces of alleged Iraqi chemical weapons demonstrated in 2003 by the then US Secretary of State, Colin Powell, which came as a pretext for a US intrusion into that country -TASS).
Commenting on Haley’s words about the death of children in Syria, Peskov reminded reporters that preventing such tragedies is exactly what Russia is actively doing in Syria. "Because only by ridding terrorists from Syrian soil can the country bring back calm conditions when children won’t be dying," the Kremlin spokesman stated.
He also said the use of chemical weapons "is absolutely inadmissible". "We believe everything must be done to rule out the possibility of the use of chemical weapons in Syria, and of course we can hope that the Syrian armed forces will be taking all necessary measures to see that substances that can be used as chemical weapons won’t get into the hands of terrorists and be used as terrorists," he added.
Reuters reported on Tuesday, citing the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights that an air strike by Syrian or Russian jets had allegedly killed 58 people, including 11 children, and wounded 300. As Reuters said, the air strike could have been carried out by the Syrian government forces in a suspected gas attack.
Read also
https://cdn2.tass.ru/width/333_3412a45b/tass/m2/en/uploads/i/20170405/1165469.jpg (http://tass.com/world/939493)WHO says people affected by nerve agents in Idlib chemical attack (http://tass.com/world/939493)

Some people who were killed and injured in the recent airstrike in Syria’s Idlib Governorate, were exposed to nerve agents, the World Health Organization (WHO) said in a statement on Wednesday.
"Some cases appear to show additional signs consistent with exposure to organophosphorus chemicals, a category of chemicals that includes nerve agents," the statement said. It put the death toll in the attack at least 70.
The Syrian army denied any allegations, saying "it is not using and has not used any chemical weapons."
The Russian defense ministry dismissed these allegations. Later, it said that an air strike on Khan Sheikhun’s eastern suburbs had been delivered by Syrian warplanes in the afternoon of April 4. According to its data, the strikes targeted shops where militants manufactured munitions containing poisonous agents that were supplied to Iraq and used in Aleppo.

More:
http://tass.com/politics/939784

pete311
04-06-2017, 09:01 AM
The Kremlin owns the Russian media. Stop being a Russian troll. Are you paid Balu?

Balu
04-06-2017, 09:09 AM
The Kremlin owns the Russian media. Stop being a Russian troll. Are you paid Balu?
You may be surprised, but Kremlin also owns Army, military experts, intelligence service and Ministry of Foreign Affairs whose work is presented in Mass-media. You are against such an approach and prefer a fake CNN bullshit coupled with rumors and speculations? http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

pete311
04-06-2017, 09:15 AM
You may be surprised, but Kremlin also owns Army, military experts, intelligence service and Ministry of Foreign Affairs whose work is presented in Mass-media. You are against such an approach and prefer a fake CNN bullshit coupled with rumors and speculations? http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

Why don't you go kill some more journalists http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

Balu
04-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Why don't you go kill some more journalists http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)
Because we are in Russia but not in Ukraine. This is their practice, not ours.
Or you want me to remind you about YOUR, American practice? No problems. Have a look. http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcxVrzNCGXk

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-06-2017, 09:51 AM

Are you paid to shill for dems/libs/muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzies, Petey????-Tyr

Black Diamond
04-06-2017, 09:53 AM
Are you paid to shill for dems/libs/muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzies, Petey????-Tyr
He has been promised 72 male virgins.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-06-2017, 10:17 AM

And most likely-- all with extra big thumbs, too... :laugh::laugh::laugh:--Tyr

Balu
04-06-2017, 10:17 AM

I think on the contrary - 72 male partners. :laugh: