PDA

View Full Version : Need some serious advice

jimnyc
01-31-2007, 06:51 AM
If you read my other thread you'd know that I am on 3 different medications, Paxil, Trileptal & Xanax. I ran out of Paxil a couple of days ago and have been having some serious withdrawal issues. Tossing, turning and sweating has killed my sleep. 'Vibration shocks' in my head, dizziness & lack of appetite. If I force myself to eat I get an uneasy feeling afterwards. They say abruptly stopping Paxil can have some serious side effects, and I'm feeling them now.

Since this feeling pretty much sucks ass, I've compensated by taking more than my usual Xanax, so that I can either calm down, or sleep away the blues. Unfortunately, the increase has now left me empty as I took my last one this morning. There are also serious side effects from abruptly stopping Xanax as well.

No money, no doctor & my deductible is $5,000! I have no more access at all to medication and no way of seeing a doctor.

I'm back home with wife an son now. I wake my son daily and tend to his needs. Shower, dressed, breakfast... Then take him to school. After school I make sure he eats a proper dinner and he's in bed at 8pm daily now, and my wife generally leaves for work by 7am and is home around 7:30pm - so I'm pointing out that I do a lot for my son, and I'm proud of it. I don't expect to be paid for caring for my own son, but a little assistance when in trouble would be nice.

My wife won't gimme a dime. Not for coffee, not for smokes & not to see a doctor. She NETS $14k per month!!!! I guess that's a whole different thread in itself.

I'm feeling like my brain is gonna explode, or I'll be making some seriously bad decisions as a result of no meds, or have a seizure or something. Yes, both Paxil and Xanax list seizures as a possibility of abrupt stopping.

Any ideas, suggestions?

jimnyc
01-31-2007, 08:28 AM
Wife left for work about an hour ago, and I gave it to her good, which I guess is a side effect in itself. When I have my meds I can be pretty mellow but look out when I don't! I basically told her I was leaving again and would live in my truck if I had to. The problem with that is that my truck is behind on payments and likely to be repo'd soon! LOL

Dilloduck
01-31-2007, 08:44 AM
If you read my other thread you'd know that I am on 3 different medications, Paxil, Trileptal & Xanax. I ran out of Paxil a couple of days ago and have been having some serious withdrawal issues. Tossing, turning and sweating has killed my sleep. 'Vibration shocks' in my head, dizziness & lack of appetite. If I force myself to eat I get an uneasy feeling afterwards. They say abruptly stopping Paxil can have some serious side effects, and I'm feeling them now.

Since this feeling pretty much sucks ass, I've compensated by taking more than my usual Xanax, so that I can either calm down, or sleep away the blues. Unfortunately, the increase has now left me empty as I took my last one this morning. There are also serious side effects from abruptly stopping Xanax as well.

No money, no doctor & my deductible is $5,000! I have no more access at all to medication and no way of seeing a doctor.

I'm back home with wife an son now. I wake my son daily and tend to his needs. Shower, dressed, breakfast... Then take him to school. After school I make sure he eats a proper dinner and he's in bed at 8pm daily now, and my wife generally leaves for work by 7am and is home around 7:30pm - so I'm pointing out that I do a lot for my son, and I'm proud of it. I don't expect to be paid for caring for my own son, but a little assistance when in trouble would be nice.

My wife won't gimme a dime. Not for coffee, not for smokes & not to see a doctor. She NETS $14k per month!!!! I guess that's a whole different thread in itself.

I'm feeling like my brain is gonna explode, or I'll be making some seriously bad decisions as a result of no meds, or have a seizure or something. Yes, both Paxil and Xanax list seizures as a possibility of abrupt stopping.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Get your ass to a welfare mental health clinic unless your just trying to create a larger crisis for yourself.

jimnyc
01-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Get your ass to a welfare mental health clinic unless your just trying to create a larger crisis for yourself.

Unfortunately, being married with an annual income over $250k, and a home valued well over $500k, welfare places aren't very sympathetic. :(

OCA
01-31-2007, 08:59 AM
Jimmy, seriously brother, you need a job, i'm thinking if your mind we're busy then some of the medical probs might hit the road.

DO NOT GO ON WELFARE OF ANY TYPE, you are better than that.

Dilloduck
01-31-2007, 09:07 AM
Unfortunately, being married with an annual income over $250k, and a home valued well over $500k, welfare places aren't very sympathetic. :(

Then grab some damn money and get a DOCTORS HELP. You know full well you can't handle this yourself.

jimnyc
01-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Then grab some damn money and get a DOCTORS HELP. You know full well you can't handle this yourself.

I'd love nothing more but I have no access to even a dime. My marriage isn't exactly made in heaven...

Dilloduck
01-31-2007, 09:23 AM
I'd love nothing more but I have no access to even a dime. My marriage isn't exactly made in heaven...

Been there done that---not having access to your own money is criminal. Legal aid maybe ?

Mr. P
01-31-2007, 09:32 AM
I would think you could work out some sort of arrangement with a public clinic for payment. I'd call around and see. It'll be cheaper than an ambulance ride and an ER visit if you would happen to seize.

Dilloduck
01-31-2007, 09:41 AM
I would think you could work out some sort of arrangement with a public clinic for payment. I'd call around and see. It'll be cheaper than an ambulance ride and an ER visit if you would happen to seize.

Sounds pretty damn reasonable to me !

darin
01-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Can you get state or other local aid?

Pale Rider
01-31-2007, 10:47 AM
"Urgent care". NO hospital can DENY YOU urgent care. FOR ANY REASON! If your wife won't pay for your medical care up front, get it through the back door, or sue her for it.

AND, why hasn't she included YOU on HER medical insurance? Sounds like she's cutting you out of the loop KNOWING what will happen! What the fuck is going on?

jillian
01-31-2007, 11:40 AM

Any ideas, suggestions?

Go talk to your pharmacist. They know what Federal programs are available and might be able to help you. Also, if your wife has health insurance that covers "family", you should also be covered by them for prescriptions.

jimnyc
01-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Can you get state or other local aid?

Not with our household income, unfortunately.

"Urgent care". NO hospital can DENY YOU urgent care. FOR ANY REASON! If your wife won't pay for your medical care up front, get it through the back door, or sue her for it.

AND, why hasn't she included YOU on HER medical insurance? Sounds like she's cutting you out of the loop KNOWING what will happen! What the fuck is going on?

I am on her insurance, but there's a $5,000 deductible! Doesn't matter anyway as I can't even afford the co-pay. I was cut out of the loop a LONG time ago. :(

Go talk to your pharmacist. They know what Federal programs are available and might be able to help you. Also, if your wife has health insurance that covers "family", you should also be covered by them for prescriptions.

Same as above, covered for doctors visits and medications. Co-pay is $15, but since my 'current' doctor isn't in my plan, it's generally around $165 per visit. Once the meds are prescribed, they are $10, $15 & $35 respectively, $60 more than I have! LOL

I felt like I had the flu this morning with my head spinning. Laid down for a bit and woke up an hour and a half later saoking wet from sweating, and even more dizzy than before. They say the withdrawal symptoms last about 2-3 weeks... this is gonna suck! LOL

Dilloduck
01-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Not with our household income, unfortunately.

I am on her insurance, but there's a $5,000 deductible! Doesn't matter anyway as I can't even afford the co-pay. I was cut out of the loop a LONG time ago. :(

Same as above, covered for doctors visits and medications. Co-pay is $15, but since my 'current' doctor isn't in my plan, it's generally around $165 per visit. Once the meds are prescribed, they are $10, $15 & $35 respectively, $60 more than I have! LOL

I felt like I had the flu this morning with my head spinning. Laid down for a bit and woke up an hour and a half later saoking wet from sweating, and even more dizzy than before. They say the withdrawal symptoms last about 2-3 weeks... this is gonna suck! LOL

You're enjoying this entirely too much---I'm worried about ya, dude.

jimnyc
01-31-2007, 04:01 PM
You're enjoying this entirely too much---I'm worried about ya, dude.

Actually, I keep adding the LOL's to lighten things up a bit. Don't want anyone to think I'm suicidal. I'm worried about myself too! I'm thinking of just going to the local emergency room if it gets much worse, but 1) they would likely give me like a days worth and tell me to follow up with my physician and 2) I really don't think the ER should be 'used' like that. We have far too many people that think that's their doctors office already.

Dilloduck
01-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Actually, I keep adding the LOL's to lighten things up a bit. Don't want anyone to think I'm suicidal. I'm worried about myself too! I'm thinking of just going to the local emergency room if it gets much worse, but 1) they would likely give me like a days worth and tell me to follow up with my physician and 2) I really don't think the ER should be 'used' like that. We have far too many people that think that's their doctors office already.

Jacking around with your meds is a risk I don't like seeing you take. Get your ass to the ER and torture people some other way. Yo might get lucky and someone will be there who can help.

jimnyc
01-31-2007, 04:13 PM
Jacking around with your meds is a risk I don't like seeing you take. Get your ass to the ER and torture people some other way. Yo might get lucky and someone will be there who can help.

Well, I'm doing something by the end of the day, not sure I can take the dizziness and lack of balance much longer... I might have to use them just once, but I'm afraid I may say something inappropriate and these bastards will break out the white jacket!

Dilloduck
01-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Well, I'm doing something by the end of the day, not sure I can take the dizziness and lack of balance much longer... I might have to use them just once, but I'm afraid I may say something inappropriate and these bastards will break out the white jacket!

Death ?--white jacket ?

easy choice for me.

You're wasting time.

Said1
01-31-2007, 08:41 PM
I'd grab something valuable and pawn it.

CockySOB
01-31-2007, 09:37 PM
I'd grab something valuable and pawn it.

I'd grab something valuable OF HERS and pawn it.

Said1
01-31-2007, 09:41 PM
I'd grab something valuable OF HERS and pawn it.

I thought that was implied or inferred or whatever? :o

CockySOB
01-31-2007, 09:49 PM
I thought that was implied or inferred or whatever? :o

Eh, perhaps. I'm just anal about detail I guess....:beer:

jimnyc
01-31-2007, 11:19 PM
Anyway, back to 'normalcy'

Spent half my evening in the ER tonight. Was analyzed by psychs and I believe they wanted to commit me! I had to convince them I was fine, just having severe withdrawal issues due to my own stupidity. So they gave me 3 prescriptions, 7 days worth, which I promptly dropped off at my pharmacy. Now if I only had the dough to pick them up! LOL

One step at a time...

KitchenKitten99
02-01-2007, 12:26 AM
I waited to respond, because I wasn't sure what to write without going into my whole history. My depression started about 2 weeks out of high school graduation. I started on paxil, and I have been on paxil on and off over the past 8 years. So far, I haven't had to take any in the last 18 months, and I had almost no PPD after having Ben. I had it just slightly after Nathan, and I was on paxil for about 2 months, and my prescription ran out, and I just kept forgetting to refill it. The withdrawls sucked, but only lasted about a week, and I just made sure I kept myself hydrated to flush it all out.

I am hoping I will never need the meds again. I think that eventually you will reach that point. You just need to get stable and self sufficient again. Once that happens, I think you'll find your inner strength to get yourself off the meds completely. My inner strength comes from my kids. When I am with them, my life is all about them, and I have no time to be depressed anymore. However I seem to have found another outlet for my anxiety, compulsive spending. But, I recognized the problem, and I promptly took care of it and got it under control.

jon_forward
02-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey Bro! Sorry about the shitstorm you are having to weather. ER was a good thing albeit very temp. see if you can find a mental health advocate also check into your county/city mental health clinics. alot of them dont have dollar signs where their eyes should be, they are only worried about your health, well being and safety, as all of us are! Hang tough but do what you have to stay well. I will pm you friday and maybe give you some insight to getting scrips. of course all legal:D

Pale Rider
02-01-2007, 08:06 PM

Then just go to the doctor. So what if the deductible is five grand. Your wife will have to pay it.

Edit: OK, I see you went to the doc... GOOD! Now, get your hands on one of your old lady's credit cards... :D

jimnyc
02-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey Bro! Sorry about the shitstorm you are having to weather. ER was a good thing albeit very temp. see if you can find a mental health advocate also check into your county/city mental health clinics. alot of them dont have dollar signs where their eyes should be, they are only worried about your health, well being and safety, as all of us are! Hang tough but do what you have to stay well. I will pm you friday and maybe give you some insight to getting scrips. of course all legal:D

Thanks, Jon!

I've actually thought of buying some Paxil through the black market from Canada, but was afraid I might end up unwittingly taking the morning after pill or something like that! :eek:

jimnyc
02-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Then just go to the doctor. So what if the deductible is five grand. Your wife will have to pay it.

Edit: OK, I see you went to the doc... GOOD! Now, get your hands on one of your old lady's credit cards... :D

She was kind enough to relent and assist me getting my meds this morning. Now I have to wait until it gets back into my system before I start getting rid of the side effects of the withdrawal.

More importantly, I need to get a full time doc to help me get things sorted, get proper meds and a routine so this shit doesn't happen again.

jackass
02-01-2007, 08:47 PM
More importantly, I need to get a full time doc to help me get things sorted, get proper meds and a routine so this shit doesn't happen again.

Well you have only a week so lets make sure we get it taken care of now...and not wait until you are out again. :upyours:

Pale Rider
02-01-2007, 09:08 PM
She was kind enough to relent and assist me getting my meds this morning. Now I have to wait until it gets back into my system before I start getting rid of the side effects of the withdrawal.

Long ago Jim, I had Panic Attacks. I took Klonopin for about eight years. They warned me about stopping taking it too. Here's what it say's...

Side effects due to rapid decrease or abrupt withdrawal from Clonazepam : Klonopin may include: Abdominal and muscle cramps, behavior disorders, convulsions, depressed feeling, hallucinations, restlessness, sleeping difficulties, tremors. http://www.trustedmeds.com/trm/clonazepam-klonopin-rivotril-clonopin-rivortil-clonazapam.jsp

At the end, I hadn't had a panic attack in years, and started to wonder why I was taking the pills. I'd forget to take them, only take half a pill, that kind of thing. So I decided to quit. I figured there couldn't really be all that much in my system. Well, I did feel wierd when I quit completely, for about two weeks. But, one day I felt perfectly normal, and I haven't taken any pills since, or had a panic attack. I feel lucky. Some people have to deal with that shit all their life.

But, I'm wondering if you 'need' all those meds. When was the last time you saw a doc and talked with him about what you 'need' to be taking. Maybe you could get off some of it.

CockySOB
02-01-2007, 09:12 PM

Remember my recommendation and request that blood workup. And I'd seriously ask about depakote to replace the trileptal. When the shit gets working right, you shouldn't need the xanax anymore.