PDA

View Full Version : Russia, China: Is Trump Crazy?

Kathianne
04-08-2017, 09:19 AM
While certainly not my pick, nor was Nixon or Reagan, there may be something to having an unpredictable American president:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/04/08/did-the-syria-strike-push-china-toward-action-on-north-korea/

Clearly, the Chinese aren’t any more worried about Kim Jong-un today than they were a few weeks ago. The guy is just as crazy as ever and his missile program remains in the same state of clunky, but still worrisome progress that it has been. But the fact that all of this Syria business was rolling out just as Trump was having dinner with Xi Jinping probably has China’s leader more worried about… Trump. After eight years of Obama foreign policy which basically boiled down to speak softly and never even pick up the stick, the rest of the world is now keenly aware that the new administration isn’t all peace, love and unicorns.

Elessar
04-08-2017, 09:32 AM
Too often under Obama, threats and ultimatums were issued but never backed up.
Despots such as in Syria, Iran, and North Korea saw this behavior and took full
advantage of it.

Obama turned the USA into an "Also Ran" nation on the world stage. The taking out
of Bin Laden using the mechanisms established by his predecessor, is the only positive
triumph of his presidency. Otherwise, he embarked upon a world apology tour during
his first couple of years i office.

Kathianne
04-08-2017, 09:38 AM
It does appear regarding foreign interventions, President Trump is distinctly different than what Candidate Trump espoused.

sear
04-08-2017, 10:27 AM
K #3

It's worse than that.

President Trump criticized President Obama for not having intervened in Syria.

BUT !!

Donald Trump advised President Obama not to get involved in U.S. military action in Syria, asserting the upside was too small, and the downside too large.

Kathianne
04-08-2017, 10:29 AM
You might want to read:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?58789-US-Fires-At-Least-30-Tomahawks-At-Syria&p=863037#post863037

LongTermGuy
04-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Who the Hell cares what some media writer says (story) what Russia and China think of Mr Trump...what do "we" expect Russia and China to say??? It obvious....

**Only a Never Trumper or someone left leaning `would post such a stupid negative story` about Trump...>> from 2 `foes`...and one that we just embarrassed ...Right Kat?

Drummond
04-08-2017, 04:00 PM
K #3

It's worse than that.

President Trump criticized President Obama for not having intervened in Syria.

BUT !!

Donald Trump advised President Obama not to get involved in U.S. military action in Syria, asserting the upside was too small, and the downside too large.

Hasn't President Trump said that he's changed his mind on the Syria situation ?

I think he's had his 'GW Bush' moment. Bush intended an 'introspective' Presidency when he first took Office, putting America's own domestic concerns above other considerations. 9/11 gave him a rethink moment .. he then understood that to best serve America's interests, he had to immerse his Presidency in being interventionist, when necessary, on the world stage.

Trump is now doing the same, presumably from much the same motivation.

What marks out a truly great President is his (or her ?) willingness to adapt according to realistic demands. One adopting a doctrine, or agenda, from which there's little if any variance, cannot - obviously !! - adapt to the pressures and constraints of realism .. but one engaging as Trump has, CAN.

We in the UK-- and you in America, perhaps?? -- have speculated about how much Trump 'is supposedly in Putin's pocket'. One of our TV channels dreamed up an entire programme about it, loosely claiming as much, and aired it. Well, this latest episode puts such nonsense firmly in its place. Trump IS his own man, and no foreign power's 'pawn', or 'puppet'.

Fair minded persons would never have speculated otherwise.

sear
04-08-2017, 04:39 PM
"Hasn't President Trump said that he's changed his mind on the Syria situation ?" D #7

That is the proof of Trump's incompetence.

Those of us with a clue knew Assad was a sociopathic mass-murderer weeks ago (years ago).
Trump just figured it out this month. WHAT A PINHEAD!!

Black Diamond
04-08-2017, 04:49 PM
"Hasn't President Trump said that he's changed his mind on the Syria situation ?" D #7

Those of us with a clue knew Assad was a sociopathic mass-murderer weeks ago (years ago).
You continue to prove to be worthless.

Elessar
04-08-2017, 06:14 PM

I think he might have waited until Assad rolled out enough rope to hang himself. Why should
we show our hand before the draws and bets begin?

If ever there was a PINHEAD, it was Obama with his tough talk about 'lines in the sand' then did
NOTHING to back up his words.

aboutime
04-08-2017, 06:54 PM

sear. Are you and petey brothers?
http://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpg http://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpg

Kathianne
04-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Who the Hell cares what some media writer says (story) what Russia and China think of Mr Trump...what do "we" expect Russia and China to say??? It obvious....

**Only a Never Trumper or someone left leaning `would post such a stupid negative story` about Trump...>> from 2 `foes`...and one that we just embarrassed ...Right Kat?

Actually you should have read the article before making assumptions. It wasn't in agreement at all with 'the wrong quote guy.'

While I will likely never 'approve' of Trump, I've always said that if his actions/policies align with what I think is good for the country, I'd say so. I've been saying so all day.

I was thinking about this for a few days, don't know if I posted it; Obama was always personally liked, thus high approval ratings. His policies though? Nope, those always had 'approval ratings' along the line of Trump's or lower. Trump has the inversion going on. People may not like him, but if his policies and decisions are aligned, he may do better than expected.

sear
04-08-2017, 08:34 PM
"If ever there was a PINHEAD, it was Obama with his tough talk about 'lines in the sand' then did
NOTHING to back up his words." E #10

a) IIRC Obama's wording was "red line", not -lines in the sand-

b) By "did NOTHING to back up his words" I deduce you're referring to the reported destruction aboard a U.S. vessel in the Mediterranean of Assad's stockpile.

For you see E #10:
Obama didn't say: - if you do A then I will do B. -
He simply said it crosses a red line.

And I'm not sure that amount of weapons reduction qualifies as "did NOTHING".

In any case, I suspect in a $dollar for $dollar comparison, Obama's actions against Assad were more cost effective than Trump's.
Obama's halted Assad's chemical weapons use for months.

After Trump's missile attack at over $1 $million each, Assad was reportedly back in the air the next day.

aboutime
04-08-2017, 08:37 PM
"If ever there was a PINHEAD, it was Obama with his tough talk about 'lines in the sand' then did
NOTHING to back up his words." E #10

a) IIRC Obama's wording was "red line", not -lines in the sand-

b) By "did NOTHING to back up his words" I deduce you're referring to the reported destruction aboard a U.S. vessel in the Mediterranean of Assad's stockpile.

For you see E #10:
Obama didn't say: - if you do A then I will do B. -
He simply said it crosses a red line.

And I'm not sure that amount of weapons reduction qualifies as "did NOTHING".

In any case, I suspect in a $dollar for $dollar comparison, Obama's actions against Assad were more cost effective than Trump's.
Obama's halted Assad's chemical weapons use for months.

After Trump's missile attack at over $1 $million each, Assad was reportedly back in the air the next day.

Let's look at sear spouting off again....http://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpg

Gunny
04-08-2017, 08:40 PM

Trump just figured it out this month. WHAT A PINHEAD!!Changing your mind based on a changed situation is incompetency? In the Marines we call it "improvise, adapt and overcome".

Of course Assad has always been a sociopath. He DID however kind of overstep the line this time. Other than the psychological value, I seen no strategic nor tactical advantage to the attack.

I see no value in talking crap about the Fatboy other than to send a message. Obviously psyops is not your strong suit. Fear works in BOTH directions.

You just disagree because it's Trump.

Black Diamond
04-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Changing your mind based on a changed situation is incompetency? In the Marines we call it "improvise, adapt and overcome".

Of course Assad has always been a sociopath. He DID however kind of overstep the line this time. Other than the psychological value, I seen no strategic nor tactical advantage to the attack.

I see no value in talking crap about the Fatboy other than to send a message. Obviously psyops is not your strong suit. Fear works in BOTH directions.

You just disagree because it's Trump.
Maybe trump should just sit back until the fat little fucker shoots a nuke into Tokyo instead of into the Sea of Japan. It makes sense that this could have been a warning shot over North Koreas bow. I wonder if the other night would have happened had Kim not praised Assad's chemical attack.

Gunny
04-08-2017, 09:03 PM
Maybe trump should just sit back until the fat little fucker shoots a nuke into Tokyo instead of into the Sea of Japan. It makes sense that this could have been a warning shot over North Koreas bow. I wonder if the other night would have happened had Kim not praised Assad's chemical attack.Well, guess I CAN say this .. "We will neither confirm nor deny the presence of nuclear weapons aboard this vessel"..
The Navy has a lot of subs. It would be a BAD decision for Kim.:laugh:

Black Diamond
04-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Well, guess I CAN say this .. "We will neither confirm nor deny the presence of nuclear weapons aboard this vessel"..
The Navy has a lot of subs. It would be a BAD decision for Kim.:laugh:
Marine friend of mine would say that. I would keep pressing him and he would continue to repeat that. :lol:

Gunny
04-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Marine friend of mine would say that. I would keep pressing him and he would continue to repeat that. :lol:We're not Hitlery. There's nothing else we CAN say. General info that is already public knowledge. The 3rd Marine Division/III MEF is on Okinawa. Got THAT patch. So is Kadena AFB. That's not counting the JDF.

If froggy wants to jump ... not going to be a good day in Black Rock for his dumb ass.

aboutime
04-09-2017, 06:57 PM
The little, idiot, unpredictable, fat boy in North Korea must be wishing for more

WALMART Parking Lots.

I suspect, and can almost predict. If China does nothing to stop, or slow down the Little Turd.

He may become a MARTYR. And millions of STARVING, COLD, POOR North Korean's will have a new life to LIVE FOR.

I suspect....China WILL Have the LAST SAY on the little Idiot's Medical Records...CRABS, SYPH, and HERPES to boot.

Gunny
04-09-2017, 07:11 PM
The little, idiot, unpredictable, fat boy in North Korea must be wishing for more

WALMART Parking Lots.

I suspect, and can almost predict. If China does nothing to stop, or slow down the Little Turd.

He may become a MARTYR. And millions of STARVING, COLD, POOR North Korean's will have a new life to LIVE FOR.

I suspect....China WILL Have the LAST SAY on the little Idiot's Medical Records...CRABS, SYPH, and HERPES to boot.I didn't know goats carried those diseases ...

Black Diamond
04-09-2017, 07:14 PM
I didn't know goats carried those diseases ...
The little teenageroid seems to have a permanent grin on his face as well. :)

Elessar
04-09-2017, 07:19 PM
The little teenageroid seems to have a permanent grin on his face as well. :)

Well...

He has been spoiled all of his life into believing he is something grand.

However, on the World Stage he is just a chest-thumping little despot.

Gunny
04-09-2017, 07:20 PM
The little teenageroid seems to have a permanent grin on his face as well. :)Probably because the goat is doing him.

aboutime
04-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Probably because the goat is doing him.

NO WAY GUNNY. No upstanding, civil GOAT would ever lower itself to doing HIM.

Besides, the little jerkoff is into MONKEY'S, and playing Doctor, using their tails as stethescopes.[sic]:pee:

Kathianne
04-10-2017, 07:07 AM
Got to enjoy Graham, he's playing to the 'crazy':

http://www.postandcourier.com/politics/lindsey-graham-to-enemies-of-u-s-if-you-don/article_16376caa-1d31-11e7-b662-139c32618b08.html

Lindsey Graham to enemies of U.S.: If you ‘don’t worry about what Trump may do on any given day, then you’re crazy’Staff reports
<time datetime="2017-04-09T10:30:00-04:00" class="asset-date text-muted" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(119, 119, 119); font-family: clarendon_fsregular;">Apr 9, 2017 </time>Updated <time datetime="1:50 pm, Sun Apr 9, 2017" class="asset-date text-muted" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(119, 119, 119); font-family: clarendon_fsregular;">18 hrs ago.</time>