PDA

View Full Version : Soldier sentenced to 110 years in rape and murder of Iraqi girl

nevadamedic
08-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Story Highlights

Pfc. Jesse Spielman was convicted Friday
Sentence was part of a plea agreement his attorneys made with prosecutors
Military prosecutors said Spielman served as a lookout
Three other soldiers have pleaded guilty in the case

Spielman's sister, Paige Gerlach, screamed: "I hate the government. You people put him [in Iraq] and now, this happened."

The case stemmed from the March 12, 2006, rape and slaying of Abeer Qassim al-Janabi, 14, and the killings of her parents and sister. The attack took place in Mahmoudiya, about 20 miles south of Baghdad.

During their courts-martial, Barker and Cortez testified they took turns raping the girl while Green shot and killed her mother, father and younger sister. Green shot the girl in the head after raping her, they said.

The girl's body was set on fire with kerosene to destroy the evidence, according to previous testimony.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/04/army.rape.slaying.ap/index.html

It takes someone extremly sick to rape and kill a 14 year old girl, that is just disgusting. They all should have got the Death Penalty. I don't see why the people who actually committed the crime got less of a sentance then this guy who was just the lookout. Then he get 110 years in prison but can get out on Parole within 10 years? Something is really wrong with the system.

actsnoblemartin
08-04-2007, 09:47 PM
I am glad to know that 99.9% of our soldiers service with valor and courage, however the 0.1 percent who crimes, need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. To the soldier who raped the girl, and his sister :fu:, he chose to rape her, the u.s. government didnt make him.

nevadamedic
08-04-2007, 10:01 PM
I am glad to know that 99.9% of our soldiers service with valor and courage, however the 0.1 percent who crimes, need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. To the soldier who raped the girl, and his sister :fu:, he chose to rape her, the u.s. government didnt make him.

I'm surprised that they haven't tried to blame it on President Bush yet.........

PostmodernProphet
08-04-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm surprised that they haven't tried to blame it on President Bush yet.........

??....they were still in the courtroom when it happened first...

Spielman's sister, Paige Gerlach, screamed: "I hate the government. You people put him [in Iraq] and now, this happened."