PDA

View Full Version : Court rules part of Jefferson raid unconstitutional

nevadamedic
08-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Following his indictment, Jefferson's supporters accused the Bush administration of targeting black Democrats to shift attention from the legal troubles of Republican congressmen.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/03/jefferson.investigation.ap/index.html
Wow, not only are they trying to balme it on President Bush they are also playing the race card. Im sure President Bush snuck into this guys house while he was sleeping and planted $90,000 in his freezer.

This asshole needs to be removed from the House and put in jail.

PostmodernProphet
08-04-2007, 10:50 PM
they probably forgot to advise him that his money had the right to remain frozen.....

08-05-2007, 03:40 AM
this is absurd. The agents werent intefering in legislative anything. they were investigating a bribery charge. Are we to conclude that as long as the bribe occurs in a congressman's office, that it's unsearchable? absurd!

KarlMarx
08-05-2007, 04:12 AM
Following his indictment, Jefferson's supporters accused the Bush administration of targeting black Democrats to shift attention from the legal troubles of Republican congressmen.

Wow, not only are they trying to balme it on President Bush they are also playing the race card. Im sure President Bush snuck into this guys house while he was sleeping and planted $90,000 in his freezer.

Cool Cash Jefferson strikes again....

when he gets out of prison, I think he Amana, Whirpool or another manufacturer of refrigerators should have him endorse their products....

Here goes...

"I'm former Representative Jefferson, and I trust my money to the Brand X refrigerator...

Now, if I trust my money with the Brand X refrigerator, shouldn't you trust your food to it,too!"

Housewives all over the country will be flocking to their nearest appliance store to get one of those babies!

or perhaps he can have his own sitcom... like "The Jeffersons"!!!!

Moving on up
to the East Side
That's cause just I took a big bribe
Moving on up
to the East Side
I finally got a piece of pie!!!!!

"Weezie... now where did you put that wad of hundreds?!"
"In the refrigerator dear!"
"No I told you Weezie, the hundreds go IN THE FREEZER!"
(laugh track here)

red states rule
08-05-2007, 05:12 AM

Were they liberal Judges and Clinton appointments?

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Were they liberal Judges and Clinton appointments?

Yup...........

red states rule
08-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Yup...........

Then why is anyone surprised about their ruling?

82Marine89
08-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Yup...........

:link:

red states rule
08-05-2007, 11:48 AM
:link:

from the above link

The case was considered by Chief Judge Douglas H. Ginsburg, Judge Karen Lecraft Henderson and Judge Judith W. Rogers.

Ginsburg and Rogers served in the Justice Department and Henderson served as deputy South Carolina attorney general. None of the judges served in the legislative branch, though Rogers was counsel to a congressional commission formed to review Washington's municipal structure. Ginsburg and Henderson were appointed by Republican presidents, Rogers by a Democrat

The article does not say how the three voted