PDA

View Full Version : New Grandpa

NightTrain
04-10-2017, 10:19 AM
The very latest addition to our family!

Meet Oaklee : 21" at 8.2 pounds. Going to go over and meet her today when they all wake up - they had a real busy night, last night.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9838&stc=1

Abbey Marie
04-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Congratulations!! How wonderful.

:joy4:

(But you are too young) :cool:

NightTrain
04-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Congratulations!! How wonderful.

:joy4:

(But you are too young) :cool:

I think so, too!

At least I won't be changing any diapers. Gramps don't play that.

Abbey Marie
04-10-2017, 10:38 AM
I think so, too!

We'll see...

:coffee:

Elessar
04-10-2017, 11:34 AM
I think so, too!

Congratulations...

But never say never, "Gramps"!:laugh:

Bilgerat
04-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Mind if I "barge in" on your thread? :salute:

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I Introduce Miss Audrey Claire. She came to us on March 29th. (Just a couple of days after my surgery)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9839&stc=1

This is out 9th Grand baby, and the 3rd girl (insert wide Grandpa grin here)

NightTrain
04-10-2017, 11:58 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I Introduce Miss Audrey Claire. She came to us on March 29th. (Just a couple of days after my surgery)

Now that's a tired baby! It's pretty hard work, you know.

Congratulations, Bilgie!

Kathianne
04-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Beautiful!

Abbey Marie
04-10-2017, 02:08 PM

Aww, congrats BR!

jimnyc
04-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Congrats to our grandfathers!!

My son is 16, I'm hoping about another 16 years before I hit granddad stage. :)

Abbey Marie
04-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Congrats to our grandfathers!!

My son is 16, I'm hoping about another 16 years before I hit granddad stage. :)

I used to wonder why people were anxious to be a grandparent. Now with a 25 year old daughter, I am so ready. She on the hand, is not. :(

Black Diamond
04-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Beauty

Balu
04-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Dear Night Train and Bilgerat,
My Congratulations and all the Best wishes to all of you. Happy life to your grand-kids!

This is from me to their mothers.

http://mtdata.ru/u24/photo555C/20160104949-0/huge.jpeg

Gunny
04-10-2017, 02:32 PM
I think so, too!

At least I won't be changing any diapers. Gramps don't play that.Uh huh. Famous last words. Let us know how that refresher course goes.:laugh:

Gunny
04-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Here are some cliff notes on how this works: Once bout a month to 6 weeks after the baby is born .... Dad, we need a "little" break. Can you watch the baby for a "couple" hours? Couple of hours meaning from now until they turn the lights out at the bar. Here's the diaper bag and formula. We'll be "right back".:laugh: Meanwhile junior ain't having none of THAT BS. Pee in the diaper and the second you change it it'll be crap time. So you get to "practice" your skills all over again. :laugh: THEN just when you are nodding off it's wake up and give me attention time.

I got this grandpa thing down pat. And Ash is 8 months preggo. I think she's trying to repopulate the white race on her own. So I's suggest you figure out how these new-fangled diapers work.:laugh2:

Kathianne
04-10-2017, 03:12 PM
I used to wonder why people were anxious to be a grandparent. Now with a 25 year old daughter, I am so ready. She on the hand, is not. :(

Abbey, it's still great when they're in their 30's. LOL! I wish though my shoulder was good and your hip and my BP and your heart. Love though, that is what counts! (and going to a children's museum or play place), where you just need to keep an 'eye' out! Then out for ice cream, works like a charm!

Gunny
04-10-2017, 03:42 PM
Abbey, it's still great when they're in their 30's. LOL! I wish though my shoulder was good and your hip and my BP and your heart. Love though, that is what counts! (and going to a children's museum or play place), where you just need to keep an 'eye' out! Then out for ice cream, works like a charm!I cn basically sit and play board games and such with my grandchildren. I have to be careful of them like when I was fighting on the mat when I was younger or I'll get knocked down. I have to be sitting down around them.

Kathianne
04-10-2017, 03:52 PM
I cn basically sit and play board games and such with my grandchildren. I have to be careful of them like when I was fighting on the mat when I was younger or I'll get knocked down. I have to be sitting down around them.

I can't wait until they are old enough for that. Ali 'plays' Candyland, but after 2 minutes, "She won!" LOL! Right now they are still at the active stage, toddlers.

Gunny
04-10-2017, 04:11 PM
I can't wait until they are old enough for that. Ali 'plays' Candyland, but after 2 minutes, "She won!" LOL! Right now they are still at the active stage, toddlers.Well yeah. The declaration of victory is a given even if a new rule has to be invented. I don't call binging off grandpa the "active stage". Got a few other choice names for it though.:laugh: And the oldest, if I raise my knees to block her will go tell her mother I hit her. She's as big a victim and drama queen as Truthmatters.:laugh:

Kathianne
04-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Well yeah. The declaration of victory is a given even if a new rule has to be invented. I don't call binging off grandpa the "active stage". Got a few other choice names for it though.:laugh: And the oldest, if I raise my knees to block her will go tell her mother I hit her. She's as big a victim and drama queen as Truthmatters.:laugh:

I am confident both these cuties will be into board games, their parents still are. Even when my kids were mad about being grounded they'd not turn down a game of Risk or Scrabble or anything else. LOL! They also love cards, since I suck at all card games.

Ali does sit and color, glue, and is always up for crafts, but she tells me what I may use and exactly where it goes on the paper or whatever needs gluing. LOL! Bossy girl!

Jack? Well he likes marking walls.

Gunny
04-10-2017, 06:18 PM
I am confident both these cuties will be into board games, their parents still are. Even when my kids were mad about being grounded they'd not turn down a game of Risk or Scrabble or anything else. LOL! They also love cards, since I suck at all card games.

Ali does sit and color, glue, and is always up for crafts, but she tells me what I may use and exactly where it goes on the paper or whatever needs gluing. LOL! Bossy girl!

Jack? Well he likes marking walls.Yeah ... we got a wall artist.:laugh2:

KarlMarx
04-10-2017, 06:20 PM
The very latest addition to our family!

Meet Oaklee : 21" at 8.2 pounds. Going to go over and meet her today when they all wake up - they had a real busy night, last night.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9838&stc=1

Congratulations! :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-11-2017, 05:45 AM
Congratulations to both new grandfathers! :beer: :beer: :saluting2:
Now get ready for some well earned diaper changing tours of duty..- ;)--Tyr

Gunny
04-11-2017, 08:48 AM
Congratulations to both new grandfathers! :beer: :beer: :saluting2:
Now get ready for some well earned diaper changing tours of duty..- ;)--TyrI'm just laughing , tyr. "Grandpa ain't gonna change no diapers". It makes me laugh just thinking about it. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-11-2017, 11:55 AM
I'm just laughing , tyr. "Grandpa ain't gonna change no diapers". It makes me laugh just thinking about it. :laugh:

Yep-- I remember back when I said that same thing, (centuries ago it now seems)...
We both know how that is going to turn out!!! :laugh:-Tyr