PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie Tapped To Write And Direct The New Halloween Movie

nevadamedic
08-04-2007, 10:06 PM
This is going to be awesome. John Carpenter is a co-writer. He is also bringing over Sherri Moon and William Forsythe from The House Of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects! This is going to be an awesome remake! I amamazed how talented Zombie is in the Directors seat. I cant wait to see this!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373883/

dan
08-05-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm not completely sure about this one. The original did not need to be remade, and many of Zombie's additions. For example, Michael Meyers talks throughout the movie. Also, they make great efforts to give Meyers a backstory that involves, among other things, a preteen Michael torturing small animals, taping himself doing so, then later maturbating to said tapes. The entire appeal of Michael Meyers, up to a certain point, was the mystery that surrounded him. Zombie seems to be going out of his way to :pee:all over that.

But, I'll definitely watch it. I thought House of 1000 Corpses was pretty horrendous, but The Devil's Rejects was really well-done, but judging from those two movies (as well as the videos he's directed), Zombie's strength lies in depictions of white trash as over-the-top grotesque monsters. I fear that he'll try to turn Michael Meyers into that.

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm not completely sure about this one. The original did not need to be remade, and many of Zombie's additions. For example, Michael Meyers talks throughout the movie. Also, they make great efforts to give Meyers a backstory that involves, among other things, a preteen Michael torturing small animals, taping himself doing so, then later maturbating to said tapes. The entire appeal of Michael Meyers, up to a certain point, was the mystery that surrounded him. Zombie seems to be going out of his way to :pee:all over that.

But, I'll definitely watch it. I thought House of 1000 Corpses was pretty horrendous, but The Devil's Rejects was really well-done, but judging from those two movies (as well as the videos he's directed), Zombie's strength lies in depictions of white trash as over-the-top grotesque monsters. I fear that he'll try to turn Michael Meyers into that.

He is also good at cutting the costs making movies, and studios like that. The Devil's Rejects had half the budget then House Of 1000 Corpses and it turned out better, and he didn't use the whole budget. I liked House Of 1000 Corpses though, it was creepy.

dan
08-05-2007, 10:37 AM
This is true. With The Devil's Rejects, he was trying to make a gritty, uncomfortable, grindhouse-style movie a la Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Last House on the Left. I definitely think he succeeded, that movie was one of the better horror movies of the last few years. I just don't think Halloween necessarily needs to be one of those movies.

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 11:11 AM
This is true. With The Devil's Rejects, he was trying to make a gritty, uncomfortable, grindhouse-style movie a la Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Last House on the Left. I definitely think he succeeded, that movie was one of the better horror movies of the last few years. I just don't think Halloween necessarily needs to be one of those movies.

Have you watched 30 Days In Hell the making of The Devil's Rejects? It follows Rob around from the planning to the completion, it's pretty good. He got a Documentary film maker to be the Camera Director as he wanted that kind of feeling.

Also you can't say that Sherri Moon isn't gorgeous.

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Also the farmhouse shootout scene and the whorehouse scene was on the same set.................

dan
08-05-2007, 01:22 PM
I haven't seen that, but I'd like to. Is it on the Devil's Rejects DVD?

Sherri Moon is pretty hot, though her character in House/Devil's was ANNOYING!!!!

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 01:29 PM
I haven't seen that, but I'd like to. Is it on the Devil's Rejects DVD?

Sherri Moon is pretty hot, though her character in House/Devil's was ANNOYING!!!!

She's married to Rob Zombie........ 30 Days in hell is the second disc on the Devil's Rejects DVD.