PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Been Following The Increasing Coverage Of The Nut From WI?

Kathianne
04-10-2017, 04:53 PM
I first saw something from a Chicago newsfeed, which makes sense since WI and IL share news. Then it popped up on some of the blogs and Drudge, now it's all over-even on TV news.

Here's a pretty good article for information:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/04/10/armed-and-dangerous-police-on-nationwide-manhunt-for-violent-manifesto-writer/

“Armed and dangerous”: Police on nationwide manhunt for violent manifesto writer

POSTED AT 12:41 PM ON APRIL 10, 2017 BY ED MORRISSEY

What kind of person posts video on social media showing him mailing a violent anti-government manifesto and bragging that “it’s time for change”? The kind of person “we should take seriously,” in the words of one law-enforcement officer. The FBI and Wisconsin police are looking for Joseph Jakubowski before he can launch his terror campaign — and they’re watching most closely at government facilities, schools, and even churches, NBC reports (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/manhunt-intensifies-joseph-jakubowski-man-who-allegedly-stole-guns-mailed-n744401):

video

Over 150 officers from local, state and federal law-enforcement agencies were searching for Joseph Jakubowski, who they say allegedly broke into the Armageddon Gun Shop in Janesville, Wisconsin, on Tuesday and stole 16 high-caliber rifles and handguns.

Police said Jakubowski is considered “armed and dangerous” and was in possession of a bullet-proof vest and helmet. …

Authorities said they were increasing security presence at local churches because of “anti-religion sentiment” contained within a 160-page manifesto they believe was written by Jakubowski and sent to Trump at the White House.

Police said at a press conference on Friday that Jakubowski had been “highly agitated” by national politics recently and an associate of his claimed the wanted man had spoken of a plan to steal guns and carry out an unspecified attack.

Given that he accomplished his plan to steal guns, law enforcement is taking Jakubowski seriously on his plan to commit mayhem against government and religious institutions. Over the last couple of days, they have pushed this story into the national media, clearly in hopes of getting leads on his whereabouts.

sear
04-10-2017, 05:16 PM
K #1,

Mine may seem a purely satirical comment K. It's not. You've raised an important topic here.
It reminds us that terrorism isn't something that only happens in Syria and Yemen.

This particular manic is particularly loathsome, potentially targeting churches of all things!

Lower than whale dirt.

Thank you K. We're not out of the woods yet.

gabosaurus
04-10-2017, 08:23 PM
I don't think the guy is a loathsome terrorist type at all. I believe he has serious mental health problems. He is described as someone who was quiet and didn't socialize much. He ran into difficulties after hurting his back and losing his job.
If this country had proper mental health facilities (not likely under Trump, who wants to cut or eliminate them), we would have fewer people like this.

http://www.gazettextra.com/20170410/neighbors_relative_offer_insights_about_joseph_jak ubowski

Kathianne
04-14-2017, 08:24 AM
Captured:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/04/14/breaking-armed-manifesto-writer-captured-abc-news/

Breaking: Armed manifesto writer captured: ABC NewsPOSTED AT 9:16 AM ON APRIL 14, 2017 BY ED MORRISSEY

sear
04-14-2017, 09:06 AM
"I don't think the guy is a loathsome terrorist type at all. I believe he has serious mental health problems." g #3

My comment addressed what.
Your comment addressed why.
They are not the same.
In this case, as in most others, what doesn't affect what. Kill 9 innocent church-goers, they're dead, regardless of the state of mind of the murderer.

K #4

Good.

Do you suppose that's why they call it "good Friday"?

sear
04-14-2017, 09:08 AM
CORRECTION:

"what doesn't affect what." s #5

The intended wording was: why doesn't affect what."

Please pardon my error.