PDA

View Full Version : My wife is a genius!

jimnyc
04-11-2017, 05:11 PM
So I have this travel thermos, for both hot and cold. It's a button lid, so when you hit the button, the lid flips open for you. Well the rubber band thingie fell off a few years ago that makes that happen. I tried and for the life of me couldn't get it back on. Hell, I couldn't even see where it connected, only one end! Still worked and I was just doing it manually (God forbid!).

But I told the woman I would give her a million dollars if she could figure it out. I'm away for a few days as of tomorrow, and it would be nice to bring it. I actually figured I would browse Youtube videos while she took a peek. Instead, she fixed it within a few minutes. :(

And now, here I am posting, admitting that she's brilliant and fixed something that I could not!! She rules!! :)

(it's the one thing out of 60 billion that she could fix that I couldn't. :) )

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-11-2017, 05:33 PM
So I have this travel thermos, for both hot and cold. It's a button lid, so when you hit the button, the lid flips open for you. Well the rubber band thingie fell off a few years ago that makes that happen. I tried and for the life of me couldn't get it back on. Hell, I couldn't even see where it connected, only one end! Still worked and I was just doing it manually (God forbid!).

But I told the woman I would give her a million dollars if she could figure it out. I'm away for a few days as of tomorrow, and it would be nice to bring it. I actually figured I would browse Youtube videos while she took a peek. Instead, she fixed it within a few minutes. :(

And now, here I am posting, admitting that she's brilliant and fixed something that I could not!! She rules!! :)

Occasionally being humbled does the soul good!!
Look at this as a blessing, since its not like she could repair the lawnmower, roof the house or pee over a five foot fence while standing firmly flat footed my friend.. ;)
Ya manhood stays intact and you know your wife is a genius--a plus + plus... Thy lucky day...
Women, sometimes you can't live with them, but most times you just can't live without them! -Tyr

jimnyc
04-11-2017, 09:38 PM

Sneaking this tiny line in there wasn't very nice of me. And not to mention the woman saw it within a few moments of me posting it! Busted! :coffee:

Truth is, like most marriages, I know the grunt and household crap and things for dummies - whereas she works as a VP for a company in NYC, has read a million books and runs circles around me in the intelligence department. Unless it's street smarts, I still win that one, I'm the dirtbag still! :)

Oh, and she shovels a shitload of snow. But she's earned that duty for not letting me buy a snow blower for 18 years and running now. And in case she reads again...

Right down the road from us! And even a choice of 2 of them!

---

https://i.imgur.com/jK73qwH.jpg

Ariens
Deluxe 30 EFI 30 in. 2-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower

306cc Engine
Extreme Duty with up to 18 inch clearing depth
Electronic Fuel Injection

$1,699.00

Stop worrying about starting your snow blower because of old fuel, even from last season, with the Ariens Deluxe 30 2-stage snow blower with Electronic Fuel Ignition. EFI eliminates the need for a carburetor which is the primary cause of non-starting due to gummed and clogged carburetor parts. Plus, EFI has better fuel efficiency, easier starting and delivers constant RPM power even under heavy load.

Experience the benefits of the new 306cc Ariens AX snow engine with electronic fuel injection-easier to start even with old fuel, better fuel efficiency with built-in engine diagnostics and higher RPM operation without power reduction

30 in. clearing width and 21 in. intake height makes quick work of clearing driveways and walkways in minimal passes

Auto-turn system offers effortless steering maneuverability in all kinds of snow conditions without having to use levers or triggers

Built-in hand warmers keep your hands comfortable as you plow through the coldest snow days

120-Volt electric push button start gets you off and running quickly

Large in-dash halogen headlight helps provide extended snow removal time as well as added safety in the dark

Heavy duty cast iron gear case with alloy steel gears and L-3 synthetic severe duty gear oil provides durability and longer gear life and comes with a 5-year warranty

Self-propelled with 6 forward speeds and 2 reverse allows you to work at your own pace

Heavy duty 14 in. steel serrated auger and 14 in. 3-blade impeller provides the driving force to aggressively pull in snow and discharge it up to 50 ft. away

205° remote chute rotation and remote deflector lets you put snow exactly where you want it all from the dash

Exclusive dual belt auger drive system delivers more engine power, provides longer belt life and provides no to minimal belt adjustments

In most shipping areas, Ariens offers free white glove delivery service by a local Ariens authorized servicing dealer who will assemble the machine, perform a multi-point inspection and deliver it to your home

If there is no Ariens authorized servicing dealer in your shipping area, your snow blower will be shipped mostly assembled directly to you via regular truck delivery

This 2-Stage Snow Blower with Electric Start Features

---

Or, cheaper, but you get what you pay for!

Ariens
Deluxe 28 in. 2-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower with Auto-Turn Steering

254cc Engine
Extreme Duty with up to 16 inch clearing depth
Up to 50 feet throwing distance

$1,099.00

https://i.imgur.com/XheriUy.jpg

Tackle the worst Winter can bring with the Ariens Deluxe 28 2-stage snow blower with electric start. The 28 in. clearing width plows through all kinds of snow conditions - even the hard packed stuff at the end of your driveway. Exclusive Auto Turn steering gives you effortless maneuverability in even the tightest turns.

254cc Ariens AX snow engine offers powerful snow-clearing action

Auto-turn steering offers maximum control, precise turning and smooth operation without having to use levers or triggers

28 in. clearance width and 21 in. intake height makes quick work of clearing driveways and sidewalks in minimal passes

Self-propelled with 6 forward speeds and 2 reverse speeds let you adjust snow throwing to different clearing conditions

14 in. serrated auger handles compacted snow and ice and aggressively pulls it into the blower housing

14 in. 3-blade impeller provides the driving force necessary to powerfully discharge snow up to 50 ft. away

Heavy duty cast iron gear case with alloy steel gears and l-3 synthetic severe-duty gear oil provides continuous reliability and a longer gear life with a 5-year warranty

120-Volt electric push-button start provides quick and easy starting on even the coldest days

Large in-dash halogen headlight helps provide extended snow removal time and added safety

Heavy duty all steel construction including chute and dash is rust-resistant for long durability

Remote chute control rotates 205° and also comes with remote deflector control to put snow exactly where you want it

Exclusive dual belt auger drive system delivers more power from the engine, gives longer belt life and offers minimal to no maintenance adjustments

In most shipping areas, Ariens offers free white glove delivery by an authorized Ariens dealer who will assemble your snow blower, perform a multi-point inspection and deliver it to your home

Disclaimer - if there is no authorized Ariens dealer in your shipping area, the snow blower will ship mostly assembled directly to you via regular truck delivery

This Two-Stage Snow Blower with Electric Start Features

Kathianne
04-11-2017, 10:02 PM
It's nice to never outgrow your dreams! LOL! Jim and his snowblower one is a prime example. ;)

Abbey Marie
04-12-2017, 07:50 AM
It's nice to never outgrow your dreams! LOL! Jim and his snowblower one is a prime example. ;)

Lol. It's also nice to see a man who appreciates his wife as a real person with real skills. :cool:

$1700 snow blower? Wowzers.

Kathianne
04-12-2017, 07:59 AM
Lol. It's also nice to see a man who appreciates his wife as a real person with real skills. :cool:

$1700 snow blower? Wowzers.

I had a Toro, but never could get that started. ;) I liked shoveling, but got to the point that I did appreciate two sons. They were able to get the Toro started. LOL!

gabosaurus
04-14-2017, 09:18 PM
Why should Jim's wife authorize big money for snow removal? She has Jim and a shovel. :cool: