PDA

View Full Version : Unacceptable: VA Heads Should Roll

Kathianne
04-12-2017, 04:21 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2017/04/12/va-inspector-general-warns-dc-medical-center-patients-unnecessary-risk/

VA inspector general warns: DC Medical Center patients “at unnecessary risk”
POSTED AT 4:41 PM ON APRIL 12, 2017 BY ED MORRISSEY

Usually I'd post a snippet, the whole article needs to be read.

darin
04-14-2017, 02:07 AM
Govt-run, govt-managed "health" care. Welcome to the future.

Kathianne
04-14-2017, 05:17 AM
Govt-run, govt-managed "health" care. Welcome to the future.

Director of hospital demoted! http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/13/dc-va-director-demoted-after-ig-finds-vets-risk/

Not fired? Nope, just demoted. He wasn't even named, so he can be put back in charge there or somewhere else. Disgusting.

sear
04-14-2017, 07:52 AM
"Usually I'd post a snippet, the whole article needs to be read." K #1

I virtually never follow unteased links.

"Govt-run, govt-managed "health" care. Welcome to the future." d #2

There are different ways to quantify health care:
- appointment waiting time (if it takes 4 years on a waiting list to get kidney surgery, by the time the appointment date arrives, most of the patients will already have died)
- per capita $cost
- per capita life expectancy
- etc

The U.S. has some of the most expensive healthcare in the world.

But the extra we $pay doesn't necessarily buy us better healthcare outcomes.
Obamacare wasn't premised on terra incognita.
Instead it was instituted on the reality that other nations have proved per capita healthcare costs can be lower than the then current $U.S. cost, without sacrificing quality or patient lifespan.

"Govt-run, govt-managed "health" care. Welcome to the future." d #2

It is a competitive world, with competitive markets.
We have only one pie to slice.
If healthcare gets a third of the pie, then we have to do EVERYTHING else on the 2/3 left:
- military
- infrastructure maintenance
- education
- research
- etc.

This is powerful incentive to make our healthcare as economically efficient as possible.
The proof that it can be more efficient is there are other nations whose healthcare is more efficient than ours.
And while I don't have current data to reference, I gather the VA provides some of the most cost efficient healthcare in the U.S.

I've been a patient at the Syracuse, NY V.A. hospital, and I'm impressed every time I go there. It's the most efficient, smoothly running institutions of that size I've ever seen. It runs like a Swiss watch.