PDA

View Full Version : Omg omg omg

Abbey Marie
04-12-2017, 05:34 PM
<iframe width="476" height="267" src="http://6abc.com/video/embed/?pid=1860415" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Kathianne
04-12-2017, 05:46 PM
OMG! I'm with you on this one!

Elessar
04-12-2017, 06:16 PM
I do not know much about those critters.

How could it have survived in that bag? It must have been really fresh spinach, I guess.

Abbey Marie
04-12-2017, 06:30 PM

How could it have survived in that bag? It must have been really fresh spinach, I guess.

Airholes+ lots of moisture?

Kathianne
04-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Airholes+ lots of moisture?

I agree. Fresh veggies aren't 'vacuum packed'. They got to breathe, just like the scorpion. Ewww!

NightTrain
04-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Nom nom nom.

Just a little extra protein.

Elessar
04-12-2017, 08:41 PM
Nom nom nom.

A little chewy, I would bet.

Gunny
04-12-2017, 09:03 PM
I agree. Fresh veggies aren't 'vacuum packed'. They got to breathe, just like the scorpion. Ewww!Y'all never been stung by a scorpion? Must be yankee thing. My grandfather would slap some tobacco on it and tell me to quit whining. :laugh:

Elessar
04-12-2017, 10:16 PM
Y'all never been stung by a scorpion? Must be yankee thing. My grandfather would slap some tobacco on it and tell me to quit whining. :laugh:

I saw lots of them when we lived in Tuscon. Our cat trapped a couple in the house,
too...slipped under the sliding glass door, I think. I was too young to know anything
more than "Don't Touch"...plus rake the sandbox before playing in it!

Balu
04-13-2017, 01:05 AM

When in old days I served in the desert and we were bored we caught a Scorpion and a Camel Spider put them in one jar and made bets who will win. What can not you do for unpretentious entertainment in the field conditions... :laugh:

http://www.jivayaafrika.ru/wp-content/uploads/post-768980-1330786225.jpg

http://www.the-submarine.ru/images/topics/photos/b/2015/05/3184_3_1431695778_416.jpg

Gunny
04-13-2017, 04:52 AM
I saw lots of them when we lived in Tuscon. Our cat trapped a couple in the house,
too...slipped under the sliding glass door, I think. I was too young to know anything
more than "Don't Touch"...plus rake the sandbox before playing in it!Hell, if you ain't been stung by a scorpion or bit by a snake by the age of 4 around here? You been hiding out in the house.:laugh:

Which to me is an interesting study in character. I didn't have anything but Sunday school shoes until I started school. We all ran barefoot. I could walk down the street in So TX in July barefoot. I STILL run around barefoot.

Conversly, I couldn't get my daughters to go outside with a stick, much less barefoot. I got this one little redneck granddaughter that's like "screw you". She's hell on wheels. She is always outside and her mother's admonitions for going out without shoes go unheeded. Grandpa's little redneck grandbaby. :) The other one's a total wuss. Outside to her is that strange place other side of the door.

You play outside here you're going to get stung or bit by something.

Abbey Marie
04-13-2017, 12:40 PM
Nom nom nom.

Or you might be a little extra protein for him.

NightTrain
04-13-2017, 01:03 PM
Or you might be a little extra protein for him.

Ain't skeered!

Now, toss a small snake into the mix and you'll see me acting like the biggest sissy you've ever seen.

Balu
04-13-2017, 01:11 PM
Nom nom nom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2895YH22JY

You don't believe, but they are rather tasty. I had a chance to be convinced when in South-East Asia.
It is best to cook them before eating, but, if need be, they can be eaten raw.

Gunny
04-13-2017, 05:14 PM

You don't believe, but they are rather tasty. I had a chance to be convinced when in South-East Asia.
It is best to cook them before eating, but, if need be, they can be eaten raw.YOU are a tard.

aboutime
04-13-2017, 06:57 PM

It is best to cook them before eating, but, if need be, they can be eaten raw.

Balu. Since you have such strange taste. How would you like to collect all of our AMERICAN roaches, and throw them in a frying pan, or sauce pan to keep you from starving in PUTIN-LAND?

We can all get together and send you as many as you like.

Balu
04-14-2017, 12:28 AM
Balu. Since you have such strange taste. How would you like to collect all of our AMERICAN roaches, and throw them in a frying pan, or sauce pan to keep you from starving in PUTIN-LAND?

We can all get together and send you as many as you like.
I know that there are a lot of roaches in the USA you live with. For me it is not a surprise.
But in the list of dishes I happened to taste are: frogs, snails, scorpions, rats, cats. cockroaches, snakes, dogs, swallows' nests, shark fins, turtles, lamprey, octopus, oysters - all this is not traditional Russian cuisine but very delicious. Therefore, use your brains (if any) and draw conclusions, an American. :laugh:

sear
04-14-2017, 01:13 AM
at #16

I'm far from an authority on it.
But my exceedingly limited information on it is:

don't eat bugs with more than 7 legs; or those that are brightly colored. Black ants are OK. All Earthworms are safe to eat

I live in the forest.
I used to heat my home exclusively with wood I'd harvest.
Splitting firewood is easier when it's cold.
Occasionally I'd be splitting wood, and find a fat vein of ants or termites (not sure which).
In the cold they are in torpor, and won't bite or scurry.
When I'd find them I'd scoop them up by the handful and devour them.
They're a delicious, nutritious, welcome snack; tart, perhaps because of the formic acid.
Nibbling them one at a time chimpanzee style may not be worth it, unless in survival mode.
But munching them by the handful, EXCELLENT.

My next most favorite wild delicacy eaten raw are the secondary cat-tail heads that appear each June.
When young they taste like bread. When more mature they taste more like matzos.
They're nutritious, and easy to find.

“When I was in Bangkok, I was eating at a restaurant with a friend when Bill Murray passed by, took a French fry from our basket, dipped it in ketchup, ate it, and said "No one's ever going to believe you" before walking out.” chatchy

Gunny
04-14-2017, 01:57 AM
I'm glad we have just cattle, deer and fish here. Y'all are disgusting. I would NEVER eat that crap Balu is talking about. I would go back to the ship for chow. Real Asian food -- as opposed to American "Chinese" food -- is disgusting. That was on the last resort list.

sear
04-14-2017, 07:17 AM
G #19

I once read an account of what some of the earliest Europeans ate over Winter here.
Unable to find the familiar food native to their homelands, they had to settle for indelicacies like lobster, clams, etc.
I suspect it was their recipes, and not the food itself that was lacking.

There are some cuisines I prefer to others.
But to quote Col. Trautman from First Blood:
Rambo can eat food "that would make a billy-goat puke".

G. Gordon Liddy said he ate the rear haunch from a rat, to shed his aversion to rodents.

Abbey Marie
04-14-2017, 03:33 PM
at #16

I'm far from an authority on it.
But my exceedingly limited information on it is:

don't eat bugs with more than 7 legs; or those that are brightly colored. Black ants are OK. All Earthworms are safe to eat

I live in the forest.
I used to heat my home exclusively with wood I'd harvest.
Splitting firewood is easier when it's cold.
Occasionally I'd be splitting wood, and find a fat vein of ants or termites (not sure which).
In the cold they are in torpor, and won't bite or scurry.
When I'd find them I'd scoop them up by the handful and devour them.
They're a delicious, nutritious, welcome snack; tart, perhaps because of the formic acid.
Nibbling them one at a time chimpanzee style may not be worth it, unless in survival mode.
But munching them by the handful, EXCELLENT.

My next most favorite wild delicacy eaten raw are the secondary cat-tail heads that appear each June.
When young they taste like bread. When more mature they taste more like matzos.
They're nutritious, and easy to find.

sear Do you actually live in a forest? Do you have a home?

Gunny
04-14-2017, 03:46 PM
@sear (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3782) Do you actually live in a forest? Do you have a home?We'll wait ...

LongTermGuy
04-14-2017, 09:18 PM

Triple washed spinach also....

gabosaurus
04-14-2017, 09:22 PM
I must say, after seeing the thread title, I found the contents to be extremely disappointing. I was expecting it to be a quote from tailfin's wife after she found out that you can order sex toys through the mail. :happy0100:

sear
04-15-2017, 06:31 AM
"Do you actually live in a forest?" A #21

Of course!
Don't you?
Down-State is quite 1st world, Wall Street & all.
Up North we're Republicans here, even though the high population concentration down-State out-votes us, turning our red State blue.
1st world economies often benefit from value add, like the computer chip development lab I used to work in down-State.
Up here, it's 3rd world. We plunder natural resources. It's how I was able to buy hundreds of acres for a song. It had recently been timbered, and the ones that bought it for the timber got their $money's $worth, & just wanted to get out from under the taxes; & sold it to me.

"Do you have a home?" A #21

yep

It's a concrete & steel tower, 4 stories tall. I built it on a hilltop.
I've dropped the tall trees near it, so I don't lose glass in a storm.
My closest neighbors are deer friends of mine.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9860&stc=1

The largest nature preserve in the lower 48 East of the Mississippi is New York State's Adirondack Park.
My bullet resistant, flame retardant, passive solar, nature observatory is inside that park.
It's like Heaven on Earth, only much better.

Here's the view from my kitchen window, what I'm stuck looking at while I wash the dish.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9861&stc=1

It is a spectacular way to live.
Deer hunters (those I allow) love to stop by, bring beer, and share venison.

When I'm not on one of the mountain bikes, this little scooter gets me around.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9862&stc=1

It's got a license plate, street legal. It's taken me as far as 500 miles on one trip.
BUT !!
It's light enough to be maneuverable off-road. And I've gotten over 90 miles a gallon with it.

"The goal of life is not to arrive at the grave safely and well maintained,
but rather to skid in at full throttle coming to a screeching halt shouting

"Holy S**T, WHAT A RIDE!" StarrDusting