PDA

View Full Version : Drug addict speaks from the grave

jimnyc
04-17-2017, 03:08 PM
Sort of anyway. This was penned long prior to her death, but her family included it in her obituary. How sad. That's how bad drug addiction can be, where one can see it as bright as day in front of them, know it will likely kill them, but then unfortunately they are unable to stop.

--

Author: Stephanie Evanko (wrote 04/29/2013)
To My family and Friends: I’m sorry that I’m such a Mess, I deserve all the evil words spoken to me, and all the time I’ve been disappointed. I don’t know what to even say. I hope that I’ll change and once again be okay. I do all the things I say I won’t do, my dreams & goals (YEAH). I threw them away too. I always claim that I’m a Mother, when in reality I act like a child, and constantly chase “ONE MORE” another. Every time I look into Savannah’s eyes, my heart breaks more because of all the lies, I hate the person that I have become, running from life and wanting to be numb. I ask myself over and over what will it take, I can’t keep living this way, not only for me but for my daughter’s sake. “Mommy was a drug addict and that why she is Dead” my daughter will say, along with broken memories of me in her head. She’ll go & visit my grave and constantly question just why I couldn’t behave. Didn’t I love her, wasn’t that enough making her feelings and trying to be tough. The holiday will come year after year & pass after I die, all because I was selfish & wanted to get high. My parents will raise her and try to do it right, they’ll try their hardest & put up a good fight. All sorts of emotions my mother will feel, and at time ask herself can this be real? Everyday she’ll feel anger and sorrow, trying to reassure my daughter there’s always tomorrow. My father would probably be filled with regret, and do things with Savannah he didn’t do with me, until all his goals are met. My sister would be disappointed & cry, she’d pray to God for the answers to Why? My brother-in-law would be the backbone, and hold his family when they sob & they moan. I’m so ashamed to even claim I’m a Mother, all I’m really worried about is can I get “ANOTHER”.

https://www.snyderfuneralhome.com/obituary/stephanie-m-evanko/

Kathianne
04-17-2017, 03:59 PM
So sad. I had one friend in first go round in college, he was older and Vietnam Vet. He could not kick the drugs and OD'd.

One of my best friend's daughters became addicted to heroin when she was 16, while the kids all knew, she was 17 before her parents found out. Lots of problems, but they did find a program that worked, just in time for her 18th birthday. Still lots of problems afterwards, early marriage, 3 kids, divorce. But by 25 she met a great guy, married, and has 2 more kids. Really has been a spectacular mom-no drugs at all. It wasn't easy though.

sear
04-17-2017, 04:23 PM
The so called "War on Drugs", in reality a War against Americans, is a dismal failure.

It's repeatedly credited with rendering the nation we memorialize in song as "the land of the free and the home of the brave" as the Western nation with the highest per capita incarceration rate.

Most of the research I've read on it indicate drugs are a worse problem in Drug War than before the Volstead Act.

Pot heads squeal about wanting THEIR favorite drug legalized, but forget the rest.

But genuine conservatives, those of us that advocate for smaller, less intrusive, less authoritarian government, and more Liberty, advocate the complete and permanent termination of the War on ALL Drugs.

Don't hold your breath.

PS
One of the most dazzling ironies of Drug War is, the justification for it is:

- Drug use is bad.

- BUT !!

- Drug use is not quite bad enough on its own. That's why we need Drug War; to artificially augment the penalty, so things then come out even.

How spectacularly absurd!

The reason I don't drink too much Saturday night is because I don't want to feel unsettled on get dressed up & go to meetin' day. Drug War is in addition to everything else, intrinsically hypocritical.

jimnyc
04-17-2017, 05:54 PM
So sad. I had one friend in first go round in college, he was older and Vietnam Vet. He could not kick the drugs and OD'd.

One of my best friend's daughters became addicted to heroin when she was 16, while the kids all knew, she was 17 before her parents found out. Lots of problems, but they did find a program that worked, just in time for her 18th birthday. Still lots of problems afterwards, early marriage, 3 kids, divorce. But by 25 she met a great guy, married, and has 2 more kids. Really has been a spectacular mom-no drugs at all. It wasn't easy though.

That's fantastic that it worked out! More often than not, other families aren't so lucky. A good friend of mine died of a heroin OD in 2010. He went south long before that, his wife tossed him out, he lost his jobs, living from friend to friend, and then that was it. I had not seen him barely as we grew apart as we got older, but each time I saw him you could see him changing into a different person. :(

sear
04-17-2017, 06:10 PM
jc #4

The perpetual question is the cause and affect.

Did the drug cause the downturn?

Or did a downturn coax the victim toward relief from drugs?

With meth-amphetamine it's nearly certainly the drug causing the downturn. Meth hastens the aging process, in layman's terms.

I turned to drugs for mind expansion & pain reduction. What resulted was pain expansion and mind reduction. Carrie Fischer: the actress that played Leya in the original Star Wars movie

Carrie Fischer said the last time she took LSD was in Sri Lanka: "there was an elephant on the beach. And I thought, now I'm not hallucinating. If there really is an elephant on the beach, then what am I taking the acid for?"
It is a paradox I have not resolved.
But I have observed, those that seek pleasure by shortcut, seem to get less of it than those patient enough to work for it, and take what results serendipitously.

jimnyc
04-17-2017, 06:19 PM
jc #4

The perpetual question is the cause and affect.

Did the drug cause the downturn?

Or did a downturn coax the victim toward relief from drugs?

With meth-amphetamine it's nearly certainly the drug causing the downturn. Meth hastens the aging process, in layman's terms.

It is a paradox I have not resolved.
But I have observed, those that seek pleasure by shortcut, seem to get less of it than those patient enough to work for it, and take what results serendipitously.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I suppose all kinds of reasons that get folks there. Some start after being addicted after surgeries and rehabs. Some start to "self medicate". Some start just for fun. The problem is with 'the end' though, and that's the unfortunate common denominator when it comes to drugs like heroin and meth. Meth is horrid as you point out. Seeing the aging process, or usually booking photos of addicts over the years, you see how the drug eats someone alive.

sear
04-17-2017, 07:40 PM
It's ugly for sure.

My pitch to anyone thinking of contemplating trying a cigarette, a beer, or any other drug for the first time:

There are two possible outcomes.

a) You try it, and you don't like it. In that case it was a risky gamble you lost.

b) You try it, and you do like it. THEN WHAT?! Spend the rest of your life addicted to it?

Nutty.