PDA

View Full Version : Happy over a mirror

jimnyc
04-18-2017, 01:01 PM
I'm finding that as I get older, the little things that make me happy are changing. It's getting harder and harder to shave due to my bad eyes! LOL Even with my glasses on, even reading or whatever, when I turn my head at certain angles, it's tough to see.

So I found on Amazon one of those cool mirrors that extends like an accordion. It has a regular mirror on one side and 7x on the other. My wife has the same size, different mirror. But hers sits on the desktop for make-up, and wont help much for shaving.

I just hope I install it in the wall properly and it doesn't fall and break and gimme bad luck. :( Not much area on the wall to place it, I just hope I can find the stud and screw it in properly.

Abbey Marie
04-18-2017, 01:26 PM
Before we renovated the master bathroom, I used one of those. They are awesome for my aging eyesight, too. I just couldn't bear to put holes into my perfect new paint job! So now I keep a 10x magnified mirror on my desk. (Which won't work for you shaving your grizzle, I know).

jimnyc
04-18-2017, 01:29 PM
Before we renovated the master bathroom, I used one of those. They are awesome for my aging eyesight, too. I just couldn't bear to put holes into my perfect new paint job! So now I keep a 10x magnified mirror on my desk. (Which won't work for you shaving your grizzle, I know).

I really wanted a desktop one. I hoped to find one that sat on the sink area, but then it would have needed to have stood at least a few feet high. Instead I got something like this:

https://i.imgur.com/YbTZH3o.jpg

Abbey Marie
04-18-2017, 01:35 PM
I really wanted a desktop one. I hoped to find one that sat on the sink area, but then it would have needed to have stood at least a few feet high. Instead I got something like this:

https://i.imgur.com/YbTZH3o.jpg

Yup, and I found that "others" were coming in to the bathroom to use it.

Gunny
04-18-2017, 01:47 PM

https://i.imgur.com/YbTZH3o.jpgSee how you are a-hole? We could have gone in on a 2-fer. I don't have a freakin' mirror. Not that I give a crap but I DO need one to get the gotee right. I have to go downstairs for that BS.

You're still a jerk, asshole.

Abbey Marie
04-18-2017, 01:49 PM
See how you are a-hole? We could have gone in on a 2-fer. I don't have a freakin' mirror. Not that I give a crap but I DO need one to get the gotee right. I have to go downstairs for that BS.

Ok, I just got an image of you and Jim standing together in the bathroom giving each other grooming tips!

Gunny
04-18-2017, 01:53 PM
Ok, I just got an image of you and Jim standing together in the bathroom giving each other grooming tips!You got some serious issues. I'd just slap him upside the back of the head to make him screw up with his razor. :laugh: He can't return the favor. My head is shaved.:laugh2:

jimnyc
04-18-2017, 01:56 PM
See how you are a-hole? We could have gone in on a 2-fer. I don't have a freakin' mirror. Not that I give a crap but I DO need one to get the gotee right. I have to go downstairs for that BS.

Sucks when you go to shave and can't see your ear and are afraid of cutting it off. Or you tilt your head all the way back and almost slice your own throat. Makes a big difference when you can actually see your neck and face!

Oh, and I still know I'm a jerk and an asshole. For whatever reason, I have a few people that remind me of that every now and again, and I mean in "real life".

And you're still older than me, and still bald! :coffee:

Gunny
04-18-2017, 02:04 PM
Sucks when you go to shave and can't see your ear and are afraid of cutting it off. Or you tilt your head all the way back and almost slice your own throat. Makes a big difference when you can actually see your neck and face!

Oh, and I still know I'm a jerk and an asshole. For whatever reason, I have a few people that remind me of that every now and again, and I mean in "real life".

And you're still older than me, and still bald! :coffee:Dude, when all you got's a gotee, moustache and eyebrows it's hard to screw up. You can draw a line with a marker and get sh*t right. :laugh:

jimnyc
04-18-2017, 02:10 PM
Dude, when all you got's a gotee, moustache and eyebrows it's hard to screw up. You can draw a line with a marker and get sh*t right. :laugh:

I usually screw up about every last part of it.

I don't know how to cut eyebrows, so I'll try to just pull one annoying one at a time. And when not near the bathroom, I'll just use my fingers instead of tweezers. Hell, who am I kidding, I use my fingers even when 5 feet from the bathroom. And like I've said a billion times before, I end up pulling out like 31 hairs instead of the one. And that crap hurts!!

I try to cut/align the sideburns when in between cuts at the barber. I screw that up and it's always uneven, or accidentally shave a piece off.

But it's always that place underneath the ear and sideburns, just below the jaw line, where you can't see a damn thing even with huge reading glasses on. So I either try too hard and cut myself. Or I find out later on in the day that I have a little patch left there.

Gunny
04-18-2017, 02:17 PM
I usually screw up about every last part of it.

I don't know how to cut eyebrows, so I'll try to just pull one annoying one at a time. And when not near the bathroom, I'll just use my fingers instead of tweezers. Hell, who am I kidding, I use my fingers even when 5 feet from the bathroom. And like I've said a billion times before, I end up pulling out like 31 hairs instead of the one. And that crap hurts!!

I try to cut/align the sideburns when in between cuts at the barber. I screw that up and it's always uneven, or accidentally shave a piece off.

But it's always that place underneath the ear and sideburns, just below the jaw line, where you can't see a damn thing even with huge reading glasses on. So I either try too hard and cut myself. Or I find out later on in the day that I have a little patch left there.Get some clippers and run over them once a week?

Elessar
04-18-2017, 06:01 PM
I just hope I install it in the wall properly and it doesn't fall and break and gimme bad luck. :( Not much area on the wall to place it, I just hope I can find the stud and screw it in properly.

Did you think of trying toggle bolts in case you cannot find a stud? TB's are much stronger than a
molly bolt and anchor.

darin
04-19-2017, 03:15 AM
we are getting SO OLD.