PDA

View Full Version : O'Reilly is out

jimnyc
04-19-2017, 01:02 PM
Sources: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go

The Murdochs have decided Bill O’Reilly’s 21-year run at Fox News will come to an end. According to sources briefed on the discussions, network executives are preparing to announce O’Reilly’s departure before he returns from an Italian vacation on April 24. Now the big questions are how the exit will look and who will replace him.

Wednesday morning, according to sources, executives are holding emergency meetings to discuss how they can sever the relationship with the country’s highest-rated cable-news host without causing collateral damage to the network. The board of Fox News’ parent company, 21st Century Fox, is scheduled to meet on Thursday to discuss the matter.

Sources briefed on the discussions say O’Reilly’s exit negotiations are moving quickly. Right now, a key issue on the table is whether he would be allowed to say good-bye to his audience, perhaps the most loyal in all of cable (O’Reilly’s ratings have ticked up during the sexual-harassment allegations). Fox executives are leaning against allowing him to have a sign-off, sources say. The other main issue on the table is money. O’Reilly recently signed a new multiyear contract worth more than $20 million per year. When Roger Ailes left Fox News last summer, the Murdochs paid out $40 million, the remainder of his contract.

Rest here - http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/sources-fox-news-has-decided-bill-oreilly-has-to-go.html

Abbey Marie
04-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Why?!

pete311
04-19-2017, 02:23 PM
Why?!

ugh, he's a sexual predator

NightTrain
04-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Big mistake. He's the biggest draw on FOX.

The next network that picks him up will automatically get tens of millions of fans tuning in.

Black Diamond
04-19-2017, 03:42 PM
big mistake. He's the biggest draw on fox.

The next network that picks him up will automatically get tens of millions of fans tuning in.
cnn?

pete311
04-19-2017, 03:43 PM

Thoughts on that next network?

jimnyc
04-19-2017, 03:47 PM

He might even be able to go solo. He can retain a website, have a podcast or whatever and maybe even offer live listening. Charge a small fee and baboom!

Or maybe a cable news station?

Black Diamond
04-19-2017, 03:47 PM
CNN. Or maybe late night with Bill oreilly. :)

Black Diamond
04-19-2017, 03:48 PM
He might even be able to go solo. He can retain a website, have a podcast or whatever and maybe even offer live listening. Charge a small fee and baboom!

Or maybe a cable news station?
The oreilly channel. Interesting

pete311
04-19-2017, 04:04 PM
CNN. Or maybe late night with Bill oreilly. :)
CNN too liberal to touch Bill

Black Diamond
04-19-2017, 04:10 PM
CNN too liberal to touch Bill
They can be bought. Anyone can.

hjmick
04-19-2017, 04:11 PM
Not surprising.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2017, 04:57 PM
Tucker Carlson is taking his time slot, and "The Five" is on at 9 pm.

Kathianne
04-19-2017, 05:02 PM
I think FOX is going to take a hit in ratings, but they are so far ahead of the competition they likely will stay on top or shortly recover.

Greg Gutfeld is great, so is Tucker Carlson, though I'd like to see him show more balance like he used to. That's just me. LOL!

I would enjoy seeing something like Point/Counterpoint or a versions of what Hannity and Colmes used to do.

hjmick
04-19-2017, 05:17 PM
I think FOX is going to take a hit in ratings, but they are so far ahead of the competition they likely will stay on top or shortly recover.

Greg Gutfeld is great, so is Tucker Carlson, though I'd like to see him show more balance like he used to. That's just me. LOL!

I would enjoy seeing something like Point/Counterpoint or a versions of what Hannity and Colmes used to do.

I just turned on FOX to see if they addressed the elephant in the room (they didn't) and caught the tail end of The Five] where they talked about the schedule...

It seems that The Five is moving to 9pm with Gutfeld, Beckel, and the two ladies (sorry, don't know there names) and Jesse Waters (who's that?) will be #5, Tucker Carlson goes to 8pm. The guy from the five who's not moving to 9pm with the other four is staying at 5pm and developing a new show. (All times are EST)

If they would get rid of Sean Shammity I might go back to FOX for world news.

Now, back to USA and NCIS reruns...

Kathianne
04-19-2017, 05:23 PM
I just turned on FOX to see if they addressed the elephant in the room (they didn't) and caught the tail end of The Five] where they talked about the schedule...

It seems that The Five is moving to 9pm with Gutfeld, Beckel, and the two ladies (sorry, don't know there names) and Jesse Waters (who's that?) will be #5, Tucker Carlson goes to 8pm. The guy from the five who's not moving to 9pm with the other four is staying at 5pm and developing a new show. (All times are EST)

If they would get rid of Sean Shammity I might go back to FOX for world news.

Now, back to USA and NCIS reruns...

I used to be able to watch Hannity, no longer.

The 5 is pretty good, though I'm not crazy about the dark haired woman, but Dana Perino is good.

The guy you're not mentioning, Eric Bolling-he's ok, but a bit too Hannity like for me, a lighter version of him. He is good on FNC and anything economy related.

Jesse Waters is a riot, I remember watching him on youtube, much like Mary Katherine Hamm. However, while Hamm has evolved from early days, Waters has been a bit too much on video 'hilarity' and not building enough chops for interviews, imo. He's smart enough, he does know the gist of things going on, just too much 'comedy' for me.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2017, 05:43 PM
I used to be able to watch Hannity, no longer.

The 5 is pretty good, though I'm not crazy about the dark haired woman, but Dana Perino is good.

The guy you're not mentioning, Eric Bolling-he's ok, but a bit too Hannity like for me, a lighter version of him. He is good on FNC and anything economy related.

Jesse Waters is a riot, I remember watching him on youtube, much like Mary Katherine Hamm. However, while Hamm has evolved from early days, Waters has been a bit too much on video 'hilarity' and not building enough chops for interviews, imo. He's smart enough, he does know the gist of things going on, just too much 'comedy' for me.

I wonder if this will affect O!Reillys books and tours.

AndcI am amazed at how much apparently fake hair she has. Some kind of record I think.

Kathianne
04-19-2017, 05:51 PM
I wonder if this will affect O!Reillys books and tours.

AndcI am amazed at how much apparently fake hair she has. Some kind of record I think.

Who with the 'fake hair'? The dark haired woman?

Just saw this from O'Reilly:

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/854802449105801217

BREAKING: Statement from Bill O'Reilly, who is currently on a plane back from Italy >>

Statement from Bill O'Reilly

Over the past 20 years at Fox News, I have been extremely proud to launch and lead one of the most successful news programs in history, which has consistently informed and entertained millions of Americans and significantly contributed to building Fox into the dominant news network in television. It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims. But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today. I will always look back on my time at Fox with great pride in the unprecedented success we achieved and with my deepest gratitude to all my dedicated viewers.

I wish only the best for Fox News Channel.

hjmick
04-19-2017, 06:01 PM

Classy. But if the accusations are unfounded, he needs to fight back, not pay the women off...

KarlMarx
04-19-2017, 06:09 PM
I haven't been following this at all, too tabloid like for my tastes.... but I have to wonder if this is another Herman Cain/Clarence Thomas hit job...

Bill O'Reilly was the biggest thing on Fox and probably seen as a threat by the Left and the MSFakeNBC, so why not? Maybe the NOW (National Organization of Witches) paid off a bunch of women to say they've been harassed....

I'm not defending the guy, he may have done those things, but it seems that this sort of thing is happening more often as time goes by

Kathianne
04-19-2017, 06:13 PM
I haven't been following this at all, too tabloid like for my tastes.... but I have to wonder if this is another Herman Cain/Clarence Thomas hit job...

Bill O'Reilly was the biggest thing on Fox and probably seen as a threat by the Left and the MSFakeNBC, so why not? Maybe the NOW (National Organization of Witches) paid off a bunch of women to say they've been harassed....

I'm not defending the guy, he may have done those things, but it seems that this sort of thing is happening more often as time goes by

These stories about harassment go back years with O'Reilly. It's 'not new' and there have been many instances of his 'paying off,' claiming innocence, but not allowing any of these to get to court. FOX had covered for him, his ratings were #1 forever. Since summer, they just couldn't anymore. His contract that was signed last month, made it possible for FOX to let him go, at least that is what the reports are saying. Add that to the drop in sponsors, which had been first a trickle, then a flood with the new allegations and the admission of $13 M in payouts, really little choice.

hjmick
04-19-2017, 06:18 PM

I have little doubt this has been an organized effort to oust O'Reilly. I also have little doubt that there is substance to at least some of the allegations on some level, without it I find it difficult to believe anyone would risk the ramifications of a defamation or libel suit...

To quote Will Smith from one of those Men in Black movies... Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'...

I think Bill might have overestimated his power and popularity... That's O'Reilly, not Cosby...

Drummond
04-19-2017, 06:35 PM
ugh, he's a sexual predator

You have PROOF to offer .. ?

pete311
04-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Greg Gutfeld is great, so is Tucker Carlson

Gutfield was good late night but he doesn't have the chops for prime time

pete311
04-19-2017, 06:42 PM
You have PROOF to offer .. ?
You don't pay $13M in settlements and resign if you are innocent

Drummond
04-19-2017, 06:45 PM
I have little doubt this has been an organized effort to oust O'Reilly. I also have little doubt that there is substance to at least some of the allegations on some level, without it I find it difficult to believe anyone would risk the ramifications of a defamation or libel suit...

To quote Will Smith from one of those Men in Black movies... Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'...

I think Bill might have overestimated his power and popularity... That's O'Reilly, not Cosby...

Very possibly.

Personally, I'd rather not judge. What concerns me is just how much good he's done over the years for Fox News.

I don't have access to Fox News these days, but there was a time when I did (via the Sky satellite system ... here, Fox News is not available on cable at all, just satellite feeds ..). His 'O'Reilly Factor' was favourite viewing of mine. I especially appreciated his broadcast on the evening following the London '7/7' terrorist attack .... he'd been holidaying in Ireland, saw their news broadcasts about it, and arranged to cut short his holiday to get back behind his desk that evening. He gave a blistering speech about how we all finally needed (not least the British authorities) to wake up to the realities of terrorism, and gave one of the most strident and uncompromising monologues against terrorism I've EVER heard.

My guess .. he'll 'semi-retire'. Maybe write another book or 2, but he'll give up regular broadcasting. He's had a distinguished career, on Fox, from its beginning. Even with any lawsuit payouts he's become involved with, I'd expect him to come out enough of a financial winner to take it easier from now on.

Politically, I see him as to the Left of Hannity. But they're both good men, certainly in that sense. O'Reilly's legacy should, overall, be one of earned respect, in my view.

pete311
04-19-2017, 06:47 PM
Here is how I will remember him. Hilarious!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbMoWt7i7Jc

Drummond
04-19-2017, 06:50 PM
You don't pay $13M in settlements and resign if you are innocent

That's an inference. It doesn't constitute outright proof.

What if those settlements were made, not because he was guilty, but because he considered that to let cases drag on would see him 'hung, drawn & quartered' by Left-leaning enemies following their own self-serving agendas. Trial by media, in other words, in the hope that mud would stick ...

I'm sure you know the type, Pete ... yes ?

Drummond
04-19-2017, 06:54 PM

That's a bit desperate on your part, isn't it, Pete ?

SO, O'Reilly was being dogged, it seems, by others' lack of professionalism. O'Reilly's reaction was HIS fault ? Besides ... just how old that ? How many DECADES old is it ?

pete311
04-19-2017, 06:55 PM
That's an inference. It doesn't constitute outright proof.

It's good enough for me.

Drummond
04-19-2017, 07:08 PM
It's good enough for me.

Well, yes. I'm sure it is.

Why am I not surprised ?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

hjmick
04-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Well, yes. I'm sure it is.

Why am I not surprised ?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hope he is never seated on a jury...

aboutime
04-19-2017, 07:11 PM

At least the rest of us will Remember him. Too bad we can't say the same about you.

That won't be hilarious. That will be REFRESHING.

pete311
04-19-2017, 07:16 PM
Funny how touchy ya'll get just because I don't like one of your idols.

hjmick
04-19-2017, 07:18 PM

Funny you talking about people getting "touchy..."

Or is it ironic? I'm never sure...

Abbey Marie
04-19-2017, 07:43 PM

Yes, her.

aboutime
04-19-2017, 07:53 PM

petey. It's you who is the funny one. Nobody here really cares what, or who you like.
You should ask all the members how many of us even want to bother with you and your butthurt, faceplanting that are both the same target.

Gunny
04-19-2017, 07:56 PM
Funny how touchy ya'll get just because I don't like one of your idols.If it makes you feel any better, Pete, I don't like O'Reilly and I don't watch Fox news and haven't in years.

What I WILL say is this ... I would rather pay someone off than go through our legal system and get bled dry. Even if you win, you lose.

hjmick
04-19-2017, 08:03 PM
If it makes you feel any better, Pete, I don't like O'Reilly and I don't watch Fox news and haven't in years.

Well, that makes two of us...

Kathianne
04-19-2017, 08:22 PM
Well, that makes two of us...

Three of us that don't watch O'Reilly. I actually don't watch the line-up after Brett Baier very often. Breaking news will get me to turn into Carlson, though more and more I have to bail after minutes. The only day time program I simply cannot take from FOX is Fox and Friends-it's horrible.

Black Diamond
04-19-2017, 08:25 PM
Classy. But if the accusations are unfounded, he needs to fight back, not pay the women off...
You agree with trump on something. :cool:

pete311
04-19-2017, 08:35 PM
If anyone wants to look at conspiracy theories, look at the person who benefits most. Where the hell was Tucker Carlson before Megyn Kelly, Gretchen and now Bill left. Dude swooped in fast!

revelarts
04-19-2017, 08:36 PM

RT
RussiaTODAY

Gunny
04-19-2017, 08:38 PM
Three of us that don't watch O'Reilly. I actually don't watch the line-up after Brett Baier very often. Breaking news will get me to turn into Carlson, though more and more I have to bail after minutes. The only day time program I simply cannot take from FOX is Fox and Friends-it's horrible.I used to watch Redeye. I like Gutfeld for his comedy.

I agree about Fox and Friends. You have to be brain dead to watch that. It's a total waste of space. You might get a snippet of actual news in between them trying to be cute for the camera and laughing at their own jokes.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2017, 08:43 PM
I used to watch Redeye. I like Gutfeld for his comedy.

I agree about Fox and Friends. You have to be brain dead to watch that. It's a total waste of space. You might get a snippet of actual news in between them trying to be cute for the camera and laughing at their own jokes.

Cutesy morning talk programs are awful.

revelarts
04-19-2017, 08:47 PM

Onion News Network

revelarts
04-19-2017, 08:48 PM

InfoWars

revelarts
04-19-2017, 08:50 PM

Democracy Now?

hjmick
04-19-2017, 08:50 PM
You agree with trump on something. :cool:

Bite your tongue...

revelarts
04-19-2017, 09:00 PM

Spike TV

the Playboy Chanel

ESPN Nightly Panel
with Bill O'Reily, O.J. Simpson, Patrick Kane, and 'Catlyn' Jenner

aboutime
04-19-2017, 09:41 PM
REV. Next network for O'Reilly should be as the Moderator for the REV. PETEY, SEAR, and LARRY FLINT show where all of you can demonstrate your hatred for America.

O' Reilly will enjoy allowing all of you to make fools of yourself on the PMSforMEN channel.

Black Diamond
04-19-2017, 10:07 PM
REV. Next network for O'Reilly should be as the Moderator for the REV. PETEY, SEAR, and LARRY FLINT show where all of you can demonstrate your hatred for America.

O' Reilly will enjoy allowing all of you to make fools of yourself on the PMSforMEN channel.
:laugh2:

Gunny
04-20-2017, 02:45 AM
Spike TV

the Playboy Chanel

ESPN Nightly Panel
with Bill O'Reily, O.J. Simpson, Patrick Kane, and 'Catlyn' Jenner? Spike? I'll watch the boxing/kickboxing/MMA on Spike. Or Cops if I want to see excessive use of force and abuse of Rights. I rarely ever watch the major networks. These channels keep trying to reinvent the wheel and lose complete sight of what got them to the dance. I used to like TruTV when they had World's Dumbest. Now they just shove 4 middle aged adlolescents down your throat. Investigaiton Discovery is the same. I watch the channel for the documentary style news stories. They keep trying to invent drama programs. No fools. That's not why we watch you. They turn a 30 minute story into an hour, most of it being redundant --It's 2:30 AM a-hole -- I'm watching TV. You don't need to repeat the freakin' storyline after every 5 minute infomercial break. Nobody got up at 2:30, turned your ass on and can't follow a damned story. I'll put in a John Wayne movie on your a$$.

And who sponsors this crap? Insurance companies and lawyers. Add in a dash of car salesmen. You are NOT "entitled to compensation" for your life choices.

revelarts
04-20-2017, 05:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/xJXY7uv.jpg

Gunny
04-20-2017, 07:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/xJXY7uv.jpg
There's blame to go around. What about the women that sleep their way to the top then suddenly grow some kind of conscience when they don't get their way? I'm not saying every woman, but I watched it in the Corps for 21 years. "Promote or I'm telling".

And I ain't letting anyone off the hook. I've watched MSgts who claim to hate WMs chase them right around. Why put yourself in that position? And what part of innocent until proven guilty has our law forgotten?

I don't like O'reilly because I don't like O'Reilly. If he was a fag screwing some dude he'd be a victim. The media would be all over it. But Heaven forbid he be normal looking for some tail.

Why is th guy always the bad guy based on an accusation?

pete311
04-20-2017, 10:14 AM
If he was a fag screwing some dude he'd be a victim. The media would be all over it. But Heaven forbid he be normal looking for some tail.

Why is th guy always the bad guy based on an accusation?

What? no. He's a bad guy, because he's a bad guy. He did bad things. Don't try and whitewash it with your threatened male ego.

Here is Megyn Kelly's experience. I think she is spot on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-If3Xp0Elwg

Abbey Marie
04-20-2017, 10:55 AM
What? no. He's a bad guy, because he's a bad guy. He did bad things. Don't try and whitewash it with your threatened male ego.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-If3Xp0Elwg

That was about Ailes, not O'Reilly. Let's not mislead anyone.

pete311
04-20-2017, 11:14 AM
That was about Ailes, not O'Reilly. Let's not mislead anyone.
The culture is the same

jimnyc
04-20-2017, 11:32 AM
The culture is the same

So anyone working there should be held accountable, being a part of the culture?

pete311
04-20-2017, 12:29 PM
So anyone working there should be held accountable, being a part of the culture?
Whoever adds to that culture of sexual harassment yes

Abbey Marie
04-20-2017, 12:44 PM
The culture is the same

But you shouldn't mislead...

pete311
04-20-2017, 12:56 PM
But you shouldn't mislead...
I will give further context to the video next time, thank you

Gunny
04-20-2017, 02:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-If3Xp0ElwgWhat;s my ego got to do with it? It's called covering your ass in the Corps. I didn't make the rules. I learned to save my own ass with them.

I also didn't write the US Constitution That little 4th Amendment part "innocent until proven guilty"? Which is exactly the opposite of how it's applied.

I don't like O'Reilly because he's an obnoxious pompous ass. That makes him nothing but an obnoxious pompous ass. I didn't know that was against the law. YOU better run and hide. :laugh: Guess I better watch out for that "you're an a-hole" law. I might need to pay attention to that "you shave your head" law too. Someone might think I don't have any hair. At least they'll have evidence against me. At least for a few days.:laugh:

I mean for real ...

pete311
04-20-2017, 03:36 PM
I also didn't write the US Constitution That little 4th Amendment part "innocent until proven guilty"? Which is exactly the opposite of how it's applied.

What proof do you expect? Maybe next time the women should tell the man, wait, let me get my video recorder turned on, ok go.

Drummond
04-20-2017, 06:12 PM
I will give further context to the video next time, thank you

Further CORRECT, VERIFIABLE context. How about that ? H'm ?

You've assumed much, but I see no proof of your assumptions. What if courts of law just judged innocence or guilt according to whatever presumptions members of that court found convenient at the time ?

FACT. EVIDENCE. PROOF. Pete, I know you're a Leftie. In the real world, though, these things matter, and have weight.

- Yes, really.

aboutime
04-20-2017, 06:22 PM
The culture is the same

Wrong pete. It's not a cultural thing by any means. But rather, the result of Political Correctness, driven by the WHINERS who insist...everything they hear, or see is an INSULT, or OFFENSIVE.
Today, everyone, everywhere, who happens to find themselves in Mixed Company; KNOWS..they must Mind their language, eyes, motions, looks, and IMAGINED Thoughts. OTHERWISE....THEY FIND THEMSELVES BEING JUST LIKE YOU....STUPID, DUMB, and FULL OF SHIT. IMO..
You can share that with 'sear', and other members who cry, whine, and live on being perfect TROLLS.

pete311
04-20-2017, 06:44 PM
Further CORRECT, VERIFIABLE context. How about that ? H'm ?

You've assumed much, but I see no proof of your assumptions. What if courts of law just judged innocence or guilt according to whatever presumptions members of that court found convenient at the time ?

FACT. EVIDENCE. PROOF. Pete, I know you're a Leftie. In the real world, though, these things matter, and have weight.

- Yes, really.
In the end it doesn't matter, Bill is out, suck on that.

pete311
04-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Wrong pete. It's not a cultural thing by any means. But rather, the result of Political Correctness, driven by the WHINERS who insist...everything they hear, or see is an INSULT, or OFFENSIVE.
Today, everyone, everywhere, who happens to find themselves in Mixed Company; KNOWS..they must Mind their language, eyes, motions, looks, and IMAGINED Thoughts. OTHERWISE....THEY FIND THEMSELVES BEING JUST LIKE YOU....STUPID, DUMB, and FULL OF SHIT. IMO..
You can share that with 'sear', and other members who cry, whine, and live on being perfect TROLLS.
I'm talking about the culture at fox news dummy. Are you defending sexual harassment?

aboutime
04-20-2017, 06:56 PM
I'm talking about the culture at fox news dummy. Are you defending sexual harassment?

Thanks petey. That's just another liberal, DNC trick you all use to ignore, and distract from answering questions. And, what makes you think I am defending harassment, other than the kind you present here in the guise of blaming???

Black Diamond
04-20-2017, 06:59 PM
Ok next time you bring up the popular vote, the Billy Bush tape, or Russian interference:

In the end, it doesn't matter. Hillary never made it and trump is in. Suck on that.

aboutime
04-20-2017, 07:53 PM
http://360jokes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/anthony-weiner-looks-like-beavis.jpg

jimnyc
04-20-2017, 08:50 PM

Yes, he is out at Fox. If anything, I think Fox gets harmed more in this instance via advertising. I think bill EASILY goes 'somewhere' else, and get right back on board with the big money. Other companies out there know damn well that he's going to bring in millions of listeners and millions in advertising money. So really, nothing to suck on really. Bill won't be hurting in the slightest bit whatsoever.

jimnyc
04-20-2017, 08:56 PM

I think O'reilly did something, as no one throws around that many millions just for the hell of it. But please, as if it's just Fox. We just had issues with someone elsewhere and 99% of the liberals ignored it. Seems it's treated differently at times.

And while I don't expect anyone to defend any such verified behavior - there was tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of crappy behavior by MANY liberals during the primaries, prior, and of course moving forward.

It seem the culture of "cheating" was going in within the Democrats from the very beginning of the primaries. And while sexual harassment is disgusting and NO excuse - cheating on our voting system.... different, but just as horrible IMO.

Gunny
04-20-2017, 10:49 PM
I'm talking about the culture at fox news dummy. Are you defending sexual harassment?The culture at Fox News. Chris Matthews wants to hump Obama's leg. Rachel Maddow is a certified moron. You have to work at it to get that stupid. I don't recall seeing your indictment of those two idiots.

You're on a board that's half girls. So who exactly do you think is going for the sexual harassment line? Paying off is smarter than going through court. O'Reilley knows it AND SO DO THE ACCUSERS. There's no secret trick here. You're the golden goose. I'm lazy so pay me.

Now, how do you think that cheapens legitimate claims?

pete311
04-21-2017, 07:29 AM
The culture at Fox News. Chris Matthews wants to hump Obama's leg. Rachel Maddow is a certified moron. You have to work at it to get that stupid. I don't recall seeing your indictment of those two idiots.

You're on a board that's half girls. So who exactly do you think is going for the sexual harassment line? Paying off is smarter than going through court. O'Reilley knows it AND SO DO THE ACCUSERS. There's no secret trick here. You're the golden goose. I'm lazy so pay me.

Now, how do you think that cheapens legitimate claims?

You just make this stuff up. If suddenly Chris Mathews and Rachel Maddow have dozens of people coming forward alleging credible sexual harassment, then yeah, I'll indict them. But guess what. It's not happening. Stop blaming victims, stop supporting sexual harassment.

pete311
04-21-2017, 07:30 AM
I think O'reilly did something, as no one throws around that many millions just for the hell of it. But please, as if it's just Fox. We just had issues with someone elsewhere and 99% of the liberals ignored it. Seems it's treated differently at times.

And while I don't expect anyone to defend any such verified behavior - there was tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of crappy behavior by MANY liberals during the primaries, prior, and of course moving forward.

It seem the culture of "cheating" was going in within the Democrats from the very beginning of the primaries. And while sexual harassment is disgusting and NO excuse - cheating on our voting system.... different, but just as horrible IMO.

I am not defending liberals. I mean we had Anthony Weiner. Total fucktard. I just call them how I see them.

Gunny
04-21-2017, 07:44 AM
You just make this stuff up. If suddenly Chris Mathews and Rachel Maddow have dozens of people coming forward alleging credible sexual harassment, then yeah, I'll indict them. But guess what. It's not happening. Stop blaming victims, stop supporting sexual harassment.What did I make up? The 4th Amendment? He paid people off to make them go away. Simple reasoning.

Making stuff up is assuming guilt where none has been proven. I could care less about O'Reilly. Try reading the thread and following along. It's the principle to me. And the fact you lefties won't accuse your own of stuff like disclosing classified material on a public server but you're all kinds of concerned about O'Reilly getting laid.

And it is not surprising Matthews and Maddow aren't sexually harassed. All they have to do is open their mouths and any normal person is walking away. I'd rather screw a knothole in a pineboard.

Black Diamond
04-21-2017, 01:32 PM
Putting the five or whatever it's called in that 3 hour segment ain't gonna cut it. No one wants to watch that ass clown Juan Williams.

Abbey Marie
04-21-2017, 03:16 PM
Putting the five or whatever it's called in that 3 hour segment ain't gonna cut it. No one wants to watch that ass clown Juan Williams.

I think the whole goofy aspect of it is not compatible with what people are used to seeing.
I prob will not watch.

Gunny
04-21-2017, 05:06 PM
I think the whole goofy aspect of it is not compatible with what people are used to seeing.
I prob will not watch.I think Fox is make a bigtime mistake. Oreilly's one of their biggest draws. IIRC, he started out on ABC. I figure he'll get snatched up. That's if he even wants to work. He doesn't have to.

Black Diamond
04-21-2017, 06:19 PM
Is Limbaugh the interested in television ?

aboutime
04-21-2017, 06:46 PM
You just make this stuff up. If suddenly Chris Mathews and Rachel Maddow have dozens of people coming forward alleging credible sexual harassment, then yeah, I'll indict them. But guess what. It's not happening. Stop blaming victims, stop supporting sexual harassment.

petey. Chris Mathews bragged about a SHIVER up his leg when he looked at Obama, and Maddow is just like a Lawyer...Neither of them do "DICK".:laugh:

pete311
04-21-2017, 07:03 PM
petey. Chris Mathews bragged about a SHIVER up his leg when he looked at Obama, and Maddow is just like a Lawyer...Neither of them do "DICK".:laugh:
and that is relevant how?

aboutime
04-21-2017, 07:57 PM
and that is relevant how?

Only relevant to stop your continuous, miserable WHINING.
But, keep on doing what you do so well. The rest of us can't stop feeling sorry for you as we laugh AT YOU.

pete311
04-21-2017, 08:10 PM
Only relevant to stop your continuous, miserable WHINING.
But, keep on doing what you do so well. The rest of us can't stop feeling sorry for you as we laugh AT YOU.
:lame2:

aboutime
04-21-2017, 08:13 PM
:lame2:

I totally agree with you petey. YOU CERTAINLY ARE :lame2:

Gunny
04-22-2017, 08:07 AM
and that is relevant how?Point is obvious ... you are willing to convict based along political lines, not legal ones. If you were being fair, nobody would be going after you. You give a President and potential President a pass on obvious and proven criminal activity; yet, act like O'Reilly killed Christ over an unproven accusation. Ain't a whole lot of math here as to where you stand.

SassyLady
04-22-2017, 08:33 PM
As someone who was sexually harassed at 2 different jobs in the 70s I have to agree with Sarah Palin's take on the situation

"I wouldn't put up with anything that would be perceived as intimidating or harassing," .... Corporate culture there obviously has to change. Women don't deserve it, they should not ever have to put up with any kind of intimidating workspace," Palin said. "At the same time, if a woman believes she is being intimidated and harassed, she needs to stand up and do something about it, not stick around for a paycheck for years and years and years and then after the fact complain about what she went through."

Gunny
04-23-2017, 03:50 AM
As someone who was sexually harassed at 2 different jobs in the 70s I have to agree with Sarah Palin's take on the situationI agree with you. To a point. When I was on on active duty we lived in terror of being accused of it just because a spoiled brat didn't get her way. They say to treat the women as equals but in practice you cannot. I can rip a male Marine up one side and down the other. one-on-one. NO WAY am I getting caught 1-on-1 with a female Marine. Always got to have a witness.

Also, it goes both ways. I've seen female officers using their rank going after what they considered eye candy. By far though, the women used gender/sex as weapon a lot more than the males. Just how it is. And I'm not discussing the right or wrong. I'm discussing the reality I had to deal with.