PDA

View Full Version : Children left in hot car Die while Mother works a double

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Story Highlights

After sitter canceled, mother left 2 children in hot car with fans, food, drinks
She worked 8 hours, then she said she had to leave due to child-care issues
A day later, police found her at her apartment wailing, "Oh, my babies!"
The children's bodies, bathed and dressed, were found wrapped in trash bags

According to her employer, she didn't tell the supervisor or a co-worker that for all that time, she had left her 1-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son in her Chevy Cavalier hatchback, parked on a residential street.

She had left Triniti and Shawn with battery-powered fans, food and drinks, but it was not nearly enough to combat the sweltering conditions inside. She later told relatives that when she got to the car at 11:30 p.m., the children were unconscious and had weak pulses.

Officers said in a police report that she tried to kick and bite them and asked them to kill her. The bodies of the children, bathed and dressed, were found wrapped in trash bags and stuffed under the sink.

Her lawyer, Andy Savage, said he hopes a mental evaluation will shed light on what happened.

"Neighbors see her as a great mother. This isn't a woman who beat her kids," he said. "Suppose she went to work that night and left them at home. Would that have been better?"

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/04/toddlers.carolina.ap/index.html

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with people? who in the fuck would leave a 1 and a 4 year old in a car while they worked a double? Common sense has to kick in somewhere.

The statement the Attorney made wasn't any better.

red states rule
08-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Why we need the death penalty in Amercia - and it should not take 20 years to carry it out

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Why we need the death penalty in Amercia - and it should not take 20 years to carry it out

I don't think her crime makes her a candidate for it.

red states rule
08-05-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't think her crime makes her a candidate for it.

She killed two kids - if that does not warrent the death sentance, what does

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 01:41 PM

But the charges don't.

red states rule
08-05-2007, 01:42 PM
But the charges don't.

Then that is the problem

It should be 2 counts of Murder One

-Cp
08-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Two words would solve this:

Smith & Wesson

red states rule
08-05-2007, 01:44 PM

Smith & Wesson

or Ol Sparky

darin
08-05-2007, 02:01 PM
...counting the minutes before Dem's jump on this as 'proof' they need to raise the minimum wage to $23/hr.

red states rule
08-05-2007, 02:02 PM
...counting the minutes before Dem's jump on this as 'proof' they need to raise the minimum wage to $23/hr.

and employer paid child care

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Story Highlights

After sitter canceled, mother left 2 children in hot car with fans, food, drinks
She worked 8 hours, then she said she had to leave due to child-care issues
The children's bodies, bathed and dressed, were found wrapped in trash bags

According to her employer, she didn't tell the supervisor or a co-worker that for all that time, she had left her 1-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son in her Chevy Cavalier hatchback, parked on a residential street.

She had left Triniti and Shawn with battery-powered fans, food and drinks, but it was not nearly enough to combat the sweltering conditions inside. She later told relatives that when she got to the car at 11:30 p.m., the children were unconscious and had weak pulses.

Officers said in a police report that she tried to kick and bite them and asked them to kill her. The bodies of the children, bathed and dressed, were found wrapped in trash bags and stuffed under the sink.

Her lawyer, Andy Savage, said he hopes a mental evaluation will shed light on what happened.

"Neighbors see her as a great mother. This isn't a woman who beat her kids," he said. "Suppose she went to work that night and left them at home. Would that have been better?"

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/04/toddlers.carolina.ap/index.html

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with people? who in the fuck would leave a 1 and a 4 year old in a car while they worked a double? Common sense has to kick in somewhere.

The statement the Attorney made wasn't any better.

By the statement her attorney made it looks like she will be going for an insanity defense.

What I don't get is she said they barely had a pulse which means they were still alive, why didn't she get them to a hospital? Also why would she put them in trash bags under her sink? There is something else going on here.

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 02:13 PM

And blame this on President Bush.

red states rule
08-05-2007, 02:13 PM
By the statement her attorney made it looks like she will be going for an insanity defense.

What I don't get is she said they barely had a pulse which means they were still alive, why didn't she get them to a hospital? Also why would she put them in trash bags under her sink? There is something else going on here.

as I said - 2 counts of Murder One

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 02:23 PM
as I said - 2 counts of Murder One

But look at the charges, she's not being charged with that.

Heyward, 27, was charged with two counts of homicide by child abuse. A funeral for the children was held Saturday.

Unfortunatly I don't believe that is a capitol offense.

red states rule
08-05-2007, 02:25 PM
But look at the charges, she's not being charged with that.

Heyward, 27, was charged with two counts of homicide by child abuse. A funeral for the children was held Saturday.

Unfortunatly I don't believe that is a capitol offense.

She should have been charged with 2 counts if murder one

She killed the kids the same as if she shot them or drowned them

waterrescuedude2000
08-05-2007, 06:20 PM

Smith & Wesson

Glock!!

Angel Heart
08-05-2007, 06:34 PM

I thought that too. It sounds like she went home gave them baths, put them in the trash bags and then put them under the sink.

actsnoblemartin
08-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Either that, or forced labor, to deter asshole like her.

red states rule
08-06-2007, 03:31 AM
I thought that too. It sounds like she went home gave them baths, put them in the trash bags and then put them under the sink.

Or trying to lay the groudwork for an insanity defense

red states rule
08-06-2007, 03:32 AM
Either that, or forced labor, to deter asshole like her.

carrying out the death sentence would be the best deterence

nevadamedic
08-06-2007, 10:27 AM

Actually I was reffering to him saying they were waiting for Psycological Evaluations to come back.

nevadamedic
08-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Or trying to lay the groudwork for an insanity defense

:slap: That's what we were talking about.:poke:

dan
08-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Kill this dumbass. We won't, but we should. Why do people like this even have kids?

Abbey Marie
08-06-2007, 10:55 AM

Lol! :coffee:

nevadamedic
08-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Although we know this woman is a Liberal.

Hagbard Celine
08-06-2007, 11:10 AM

This isn't a death penalty case at all. It's negligent homicide. I don't even think she deserves jail time. Having the deaths of her kids on her conscience is punishment enough. She probably needs to be put in an asylum now though.

You guys are like ravenous dogs. KILL! KILL! KILL! You don't even take the details of the case into consideration.

theHawk
08-06-2007, 11:36 AM
You're all missing the bigger picture here. Global Warming killed these kids.

dan
08-06-2007, 12:34 PM
You guys are like ravenous dogs. KILL! KILL! KILL! You don't even take the details of the case into consideration.

I am mostly anti-death penalty, but when someone does something this stupid and dangerous, to children, to her OWN children no less, I have no sympathy. I have no children of my own, but we all know how strong the bond between a mother and child is. I wouldn't leave my dog in a hot car for more than 10 minutes, and she leaves these kids in there for 8 hours?! Do the math, that's 4 PM, the hottest time of the day here in SC, one of these kids is a year old! At the absolute very least, this woman is way, way incapable of raising children. But, no, no sympathy from me. This selfish dunce chose her job over the safety of her extremely young children. She should die.

Hagbard Celine
08-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I am mostly anti-death penalty, but when someone does something this stupid and dangerous, to children, to her OWN children no less, I have no sympathy. I have no children of my own, but we all know how strong the bond between a mother and child is. I wouldn't leave my dog in a hot car for more than 10 minutes, and she leaves these kids in there for 8 hours?! Do the math, that's 4 PM, the hottest time of the day here in SC, one of these kids is a year old! At the absolute very least, this woman is way, way incapable of raising children. But, no, no sympathy from me. This selfish dunce chose her job over the safety of her extremely young children. She should die.

This is natural selection at its finest.

Angel Heart
08-06-2007, 01:14 PM
You're all missing the bigger picture here. Global Warming killed these kids.

OMG you're right... Damn, we better sue all the big corperations in the area.

nevadamedic
08-06-2007, 02:58 PM

Someone call Al Gore! So when are people going to start Blaming President Bush?

Hagbard Celine
08-06-2007, 02:59 PM

Corporations are the reason for all evil in the modern world. The sooner you open your eyes and realize this, the sooner life will make sense.

Angel Heart
08-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Oh they are so evil... My cell phone... My car... My computer... My internet... All of it evil... After all it's all been made by corperations.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 05:16 AM
Someone call Al Gore! So when are people going to start Blaming President Bush?

I will send him an email via the internet he invented

red states rule
08-07-2007, 05:17 AM
Corporations are the reason for all evil in the modern world. The sooner you open your eyes and realize this, the sooner life will make sense.

So are you on umemployment, or are you helping to spread the evil around?