PDA

View Full Version : USS Michigan nuclear submarine docks in Busan port, South Korea

JehunKosdi
04-26-2017, 07:27 AM
The USS Michigan - a guided-missile submarine - arrived in South Korea for what a US defense official described as a show of force amid tensions between the US and North Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVrp6UQ776k

Gunny
04-26-2017, 07:51 AM
The USS Michigan - a guided-missile submarine - arrived in South Korea for what a US defense official described as a show of force amid tensions between the US and North Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVrp6UQ776kWhich means? Breaking news, huh? Is it comedy day on DP. Hey aboutime there's "A" sub in S Korea and it's breaking news. Holy crap. It's too early to laugh this hard.

So surfacing a sub is a show of force? If that fish came out the water it needs a fix. We use our surface fleet as a show of force.

But so far, you got comedian of the day award.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
04-26-2017, 09:36 AM

Welcome to the board :cool:

What is your take on the story you posted?

NightTrain
04-26-2017, 09:58 AM

If this doesn't give the Tubby Tyrant some serious anxieties, he's nuttier than I think he is.

I'm quite sure there's at least half a dozen more lurking right off the coast. A Tomahawk launched right off shore would give what, 2 minutes warning? That's pretty dicey for getting out of the kill zone in time.

Gunny
04-26-2017, 10:11 AM
If this doesn't give the Tubby Tyrant some serious anxieties, he's nuttier than I think he is.

I'm quite sure there's at least half a dozen more lurking right off the coast. A Tomahawk launched right off shore would give what, 2 minutes warning? That's pretty dicey for getting out of the kill zone in time.Multiply your numbers. Think that sub surfaced for no reason? And there's backup they ain't gonna like. That place is ringed. Trust me.

Elessar
04-26-2017, 10:48 AM
Welcome to the board :cool:

What is your take on the story you posted?

It seems to me to be a hit and run artist so far. Posting with little or any commentary
other than a video.

Abbey Marie
04-26-2017, 11:06 AM
It seems to me to be a hit and run artist so far. Posting with little or any commentary
other than a video.

Second time, too, but I like to give people a chance to prove themselves. He/she may not know how to operate on a message board. (Of course last time I said that about someone here, they proved me oh so wrong, lol).

NightTrain
04-26-2017, 11:27 AM
Multiply your numbers. Think that sub surfaced for no reason? And there's backup they ain't gonna like. That place is ringed. Trust me.

Oh, the Michigan calling to port was a not-so-subtle message to Fatboy that there is a very real and invisible danger that he can't do anything about. I'm 100% positive that there's quite a few of our subs patiently waiting with preloaded strike coordinates already locked into the targeting computers.

If & when the shit hits the fan, I expect most attention will be to first take out the artillery to protect Seoul first and foremost, along with the Comm of course.

I'm thinking 40 well placed overlapping MOABs would neutralize the artillery threat along with their support tunnels. Combine that with Tomahawks hitting C&C and we've got them defanged of their greatest threat of hitting Seoul. Their 1950s-era missiles should be easily destroyed either on the ground or by THAAD, Patriots & the US Navy.

Both Russia and China have moved troops to the border. I'm guessing they've been told to expect unwanted visitors in the near future and it looks like they're on board or we'd be seeing a lot of statements adversarial in nature to us about this situation... that's a good thing.

Mad Dog knows what he's doing and I'm sure the big show will be a thing of beauty. I really admire that guy.

aboutime
04-26-2017, 03:22 PM
Does anyone honestly believe the Air Force, and Navy haven't been watching N.K. with satellites, and other...less known methods of snooping?

Bet you all....in the Pentagon. There's a room where every contingency (target) has been identified multiple times in the LITTLE FAT BOY'S domain of Stupidity.

Elessar
04-26-2017, 05:43 PM
Does anyone honestly believe the Air Force, and Navy haven't been watching N.K. with satellites, and other...less known methods of snooping?

Bet you all....in the Pentagon. There's a room where every contingency (target) has been identified multiple times in the LITTLE FAT BOY'S domain of Stupidity.

Ohhh....PACFleet as well!

I once sat in on a USCG PACAREA Intel Brief. My head was spinning and eyes bugged out with what I saw and heard
there. It was chaired by a USN 4-Stripe Captain. To his right sat a man in a civvie suit. He interrupted that Captain
quite often. I sort of figured he was either State Dept or DOJ.

Gunny
04-26-2017, 06:27 PM
That place is locked up tighter than a drum. That's why I say leave him on the back burner where he obviously loves to live and take care of more important issues than that fat little creature.

Elessar
04-26-2017, 07:18 PM
That place is locked up tighter than a drum. That's why I say leave him on the back burner where he obviously loves to live and take care of more important issues than that fat little creature.

Yet if he should foolishly strike? Pummel him?

Gunny
04-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Yet if he should foolishly strike? Pummel him?You get out the fly swatter and rack the little bastard. He's like having mosquitoes in the yard. Just a constant, cyclical pain in the ass.

Thing is, what do you do with N Korea THEN?

aboutime
04-26-2017, 09:13 PM
You get out the fly swatter and rack the little bastard. He's like having mosquitoes in the yard. Just a constant, cyclical pain in the ass.

Thing is, what do you do with N Korea THEN?

Gunny. IMO. I suspect most all of the Top Generals, Admirals, and other officers who have been kissing the Little FAT BOYS BUTT for so long...will finally bring their people (their starving families) together, and work for a better life without the TYRANT.

They have been under the THUMB of that family for so long. It will be like our FOURTH OF JULY for them with him GONE.
I do know. The military is struggling, and they know their families have been struggling too! SO..IT MAY BECOME A GREAT, NATIONAL HOLIDAY with the little TURD gone.:saluting2:

Gunny
04-27-2017, 09:21 AM
Gunny. IMO. I suspect most all of the Top Generals, Admirals, and other officers who have been kissing the Little FAT BOYS BUTT for so long...will finally bring their people (their starving families) together, and work for a better life without the TYRANT.

They have been under the THUMB of that family for so long. It will be like our FOURTH OF JULY for them with him GONE.
I do know. The military is struggling, and they know their families have been struggling too! SO..IT MAY BECOME A GREAT, NATIONAL HOLIDAY with the little TURD gone.:saluting2:They would starve. You know as well as I do those people can't support themselves. They've been under totalitarian control for so long they can't function as individuals.

SO ... if we're going to take fatass out, we need to be prepared to clean up the mess. If we're not going to clean up, don't go. Nam and Iraq come to mind.

aboutime
04-27-2017, 06:53 PM
They would starve. You know as well as I do those people can't support themselves. They've been under totalitarian control for so long they can't function as individuals.

SO ... if we're going to take fatass out, we need to be prepared to clean up the mess. If we're not going to clean up, don't go. Nam and Iraq come to mind.

I tend to agree with you for most of that Gunny. But, I also suspect. There is somebody there, probably in uniform, who fears the little fat dumbo will target him without asking.
Somebody there has to be seeing how the population is suffering, much more than the people in uniform who are held at gunpoint if they dare to disagree with the IDIOT.
Hopefully. There won't be any need for us to DROP our entire supply of MOAB's until the little FAT idiot is dead.
I suspect...there is at least ONE person who is looking for the opportunity to become
a MARTYR, like JOHN WILKES BOOTH, or LEE HARVEY OSWALD in N. Korea.

Gunny
04-27-2017, 07:21 PM
I tend to agree with you for most of that Gunny. But, I also suspect. There is somebody there, probably in uniform, who fears the little fat dumbo will target him without asking.
Somebody there has to be seeing how the population is suffering, much more than the people in uniform who are held at gunpoint if they dare to disagree with the IDIOT.
Hopefully. There won't be any need for us to DROP our entire supply of MOAB's until the little FAT idiot is dead.
I suspect...there is at least ONE person who is looking for the opportunity to become
a MARTYR, like JOHN WILKES BOOTH, or LEE HARVEY OSWALD in N. Korea.Interesting theory. It would have to be his #2 man. Nobody else stands to gain.

aboutime
04-27-2017, 07:53 PM
Interesting theory. It would have to be his #2 man. Nobody else stands to gain.

Gunny. If you really think about it. Those N.Korean Admirals, Generals, and troops always look like they have a bad case of Gas. I think they are all afraid of the Little Shithead because he can order them to be shot, on the spot if they disobey, or disagree.

Somebody in uniform must have the GONADS to do it, but it will need planning. Much like the plan to Kill Hitler (Operation Valkyrie) took place.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Valkyrie

Gunny
04-27-2017, 08:22 PM
Gunny. If you really think about it. Those N.Korean Admirals, Generals, and troops always look like they have a bad case of Gas. I think they are all afraid of the Little Shithead because he can order them to be shot, on the spot if they disobey, or disagree.

Somebody in uniform must have the GONADS to do it, but it will need planning. Much like the plan to Kill Hitler (Operation Valkyrie) took place.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Valkyriecom on AT. Claus would already be ruling that shit for brains in Korea. Rommel was a tactical genius and he got caught up in that crap. Von Staufenberg had bad luck. Hitler was his own worst enemy. So is this idiot.

Black Diamond
04-27-2017, 08:26 PM
com on AT. Claus would already be ruling that shit for brains in Korea. Rommel was a tactical genius and he got caught up in that crap. Von Staufenberg had bad luck. Hitler was his own worst enemy. So is this idiot.
Hitler was brilliant.

Until he wasn't.

Gunny
04-27-2017, 08:31 PM
Hitler was brilliant.

Until he wasn't.Hitler was a bully with no brains. I like some of his officers for their skills. Not their politics.

Black Diamond
04-27-2017, 08:39 PM
Hitler was a bully with no brains. I like some of his officers for their skills. Not their politics.
Rommel you magnificent bastard. I read your book.

Gunny
04-27-2017, 08:41 PM
Rommel you magnificent bastard. I read your book.I own that movie. :)

aboutime
04-27-2017, 08:42 PM
Hitler was brilliant.

Until he wasn't.

Black Diamond, and Gunny. This talk about Hitler reminded me of something 'WE' as teenagers used to say, back in the '50's'.

Maybe some of you have heard it...?
:laugh::laugh:"Whistle while you work, Hitler was a jerk. Mussolini bit his weenie..NOW it doesn't work!":laugh::laugh:

My apologies for the dumb sounding crap. Guess my age is finally showing for good???

Black Diamond
04-27-2017, 08:43 PM
I don't know how many of the calls hitler was making at the beginning: you know.. When they had all the success. But I know he made huge mistakes with regard to Britain and USSR. Ones if he doesn't make, the world may look different? And imagine a corporal thinking he can outfox opposing generals?

aboutime
04-27-2017, 08:48 PM
I don't know how many of the calls hitler was making at the beginning: you know.. When they had all the success. But I know he made huge mistakes with regard to Britain and USSR. Ones if he doesn't make, the world may look different? And imagine a corporal thinking he can outfox opposing generals?

Black Diamond. Not only that, but his mistakes probably SAVED US, because it was learned later....Hitler had scientists working on a NUKE bomb as well..
There's a story about a WWII attack on a HEAVY WATER plant, used for nukes.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/06/winter-fortress-neal-bascomb-heroes-of-telemark-nazi-atomic-bomb-heavy-water/

Gunny
04-28-2017, 07:56 AM
I don't know how many of the calls hitler was making at the beginning: you know.. When they had all the success. But I know he made huge mistakes with regard to Britain and USSR. Ones if he doesn't make, the world may look different? And imagine a corporal thinking he can outfox opposing generals?Hiitler's problem was not opposing Generals. It was not listening to his own generals.

Invading Russia has to go down as one of the biggest military blunders EVER. One of the first things you do is count your people and their people. Then you look at the space you think you are going to occupy. Russia can't even occupy Russia it's so vast. Who the Hell wants the place anyway? "Hey. Look at me. I'm going to try and conquer endless miles of nothing. Ain't I brilliant?"

I wouldn't go so far as to put the props on OUR General Officers though. Only ones worth a crap to me were Patton, Stillwell and Karl Malden (LMAO I can't remember the General's name but Karl Malden played him in Patton:laugh:). Eisenhower was more politician and mouthpiece for FDR. Montgomery was a tactical f*ckup from word go. Operation Market Garden was HIS idea and his baby ass whined and cried until he got his way. Colossal f*ck up. Then he turns around and blames us for not showing up. Well, Monty, there's this secret think called WEATHER not to mention that pesky ENEMY shooting rounds at you.

Then there's Degaulle. As soon as you take back my country for me I'll make a triumphant return. Then crap all over the people that took it back because last I checked my a$$ was running for a boat out of France and spent the war in England.

Impressive lot.