PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul - Obama admin may have spied on him?

jimnyc
05-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Apparently he states that several people have told him that it DID happen, he just doesn't have access to the information.

---

Rand Paul requests info on whether Obama surveilled him

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) says he has asked the intelligence community and White House for any evidence that he was surveilled by former President Barack Obama.

"I have formally requested from the WH and the Intel Committees info on whether I was surveilled by Obama admin and or the Intel community!" Paul tweeted Friday.

The tweet appears to build off of President Trump's claim, presented without evidence, that the Obama administration wiretapped Trump Tower during last year's presidential race.

FBI Director James Comey has flatly denied any direct surveillance of the Trump campaign.

Paul tweeted about his request for information in the context of both Trump's allegations of deliberate surveillance and a recent NSA report stating that the NSA abided by nearly 2,000 requests to unmask names in 2016.

The NSA report does not, however, state that the NSA was unmasking names with the hope they would turn out to be specific people.

"Did the Obama admin go after presidential candidates, members of Congress, journalists, clergy, lawyers, fed judges? Did the Obama admin use warrantless 'wiretapping' on other candidates besides @realDonaldTrump?" Paul wrote in his previous two tweets, both linking to a piece from the news organization Circa requesting documents about unmasked intercepts.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/332084-rand-paul-requests-info-on-whether-obama-surveilled-him

Exclusive: Rand Paul Says Obama Administration May Have Spied on His Campaign

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) on Friday told Breitbart News that several sources have told him that the Obama administration spied on his presidential campaign.

“We’ve had several people come to us and say that it happened. I don’t have access to that information, but I’ve been very concerned that too many Americans’ information is being culled through without a warrant,” he told Breitbart News.

“I don’t have any facts to say it happened,” he said. “But numerous sources are coming to us saying it did happen so I want to search through, find out why I wasn’t notified. Was it on purpose?”

“There’s a lot of things to be found out, particularly since we found out that Susan Rice was unmasking people and we need to know was there a political motivation, because one of the real dangers in a free society is if government gets so powerful it’s listening to all of our phone calls, the possibility of extortion, the possibility of blackmail — all of that goes up exponentially,” he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/05/exclusive-rand-paul-says-obama-administration-may-have-spied-on-his-campaign/

Black Diamond
05-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Schumer will demand rand apologize. Probably will play the race card.

jimnyc
05-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Schumer will demand rand apologize. Probably will play the race card.

Damn, haven't heard Schumer's name in nearly a week, and you done just ruined it for me! :poke: :laugh2:

Gunny
05-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Any expectation of privacy in today's climate is buying unicorns. I'm not saying it's right, just that it is.

Turn your GPS off on your phone? They can turn it back on without your knowledge. They can track your whereabouts to the nearest cell tower from where you are/were/or made a call.

You're on video one or more times at any given time.