PDA

View Full Version : World temperatures plummet

jimnyc
05-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Holy crap!! Global cooling!! And no doubt it's man made!

---

Another Arctic ice panic over as world temperatures plummet

Inevitably, when even satellite temperatures were showing 2016 as “the hottest year on record”, we were going to be told last winter that the Arctic ice was at its lowest extent ever. Sure enough, before Christmas, a report from the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration was greeted with such headlines as “Hottest Arctic on record triggers massive ice melt”. In March we had the BBC trumpeting another study that blamed vanishing Arctic ice as the cause of weather which led to the worst-ever smog in Beijing, warning that it “could even threaten the Beijing Winter Olympics in 2022”.

But last week we were brought back to earth by the Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI), as charted by our friend Paul Homewood on his blog Notalotofpeopleknowthat, with the news that ever since December temperatures in the Arctic have consistently been lower than minus 20 C. In April the extent of Arctic...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/06/another-arctic-ice-panic-world-temperatures-plummet/

Gunny
05-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Holy crap!! Global cooling!! And no doubt it's man made!

---

Another Arctic ice panic over as world temperatures plummet

Inevitably, when even satellite temperatures were showing 2016 as “the hottest year on record”, we were going to be told last winter that the Arctic ice was at its lowest extent ever. Sure enough, before Christmas, a report from the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration was greeted with such headlines as “Hottest Arctic on record triggers massive ice melt”. In March we had the BBC trumpeting another study that blamed vanishing Arctic ice as the cause of weather which led to the worst-ever smog in Beijing, warning that it “could even threaten the Beijing Winter Olympics in 2022”.

But last week we were brought back to earth by the Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI), as charted by our friend Paul Homewood on his blog Notalotofpeopleknowthat, with the news that ever since December temperatures in the Arctic have consistently been lower than minus 20 C. In April the extent of Arctic...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/06/another-arctic-ice-panic-world-temperatures-plummet/

Texas must have not gotten the memo. Already getting close to 90 during the day here.

Kathianne
05-07-2017, 04:19 PM
We had 2 days in the 90's, today it's in the mid-60's. Feels like 40's. Remember a bit more than a week ago, mostly too cold to swim here, unless you're a kid from the East. ;)

Gunny
05-07-2017, 04:26 PM
We had 2 days in the 90's, today it's in the mid-60's. Feels like 40's. Remember a bit more than a week ago, mostly too cold to swim here, unless you're a kid from the East. ;)

While this may sound cliché, it surely is not. Different kind of heat. It gets humid here and 100. I can stand 120 in the Hi-desert a lot easier than Jul-Aug here. Ew get a lot of moisture from the Gulf.

NightTrain
05-07-2017, 04:39 PM
We're running about 2.5 weeks behind schedule on spring around here... it's been a very cool breakup. Most lakes still have ice on them and the one lake I was cruising in the boat on Friday had part of it still with ice... I cut some nice waves at the remaining ice to help break it up.

jimnyc
05-07-2017, 04:49 PM
We're running about 2.5 weeks behind schedule on spring around here... it's been a very cool breakup. Most lakes still have ice on them and the one lake I was cruising in the boat on Friday had part of it still with ice... I cut some nice waves at the remaining ice to help break it up.

When it gets a little warmer - I'll bet you'll see some polar bears come on by looking for some motor oil. :laugh2:

pete311
05-07-2017, 04:51 PM
This guy has already been debunked before.
http://greatwhitecon.info/2017/02/the-telegraph-is-propagating-fake-news-about-the-arctic/

Gunny
05-07-2017, 05:56 PM
This guy has already been debunked before.
http://greatwhitecon.info/2017/02/the-telegraph-is-propagating-fake-news-about-the-arctic/

No he hasn't. You Man-made Global-warmies just like to put your hands over your ears and go LA LA LA LA LA LA..... anytime you don't like what you hear.

pete311
05-07-2017, 06:58 PM
No he hasn't. You Man-made Global-warmies just like to put your hands over your ears and go LA LA LA LA LA LA..... anytime you don't like what you hear.
Rich coming from a guy who didn't read past the headline.

KarlMarx
05-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Weatherman says a possibility of snow showers tomorrow! It's been in the 40s and rainy all day today.

aboutime
05-07-2017, 07:32 PM
They were warning about cooling in 1975.
Sorry. I couldn't copy the PDF to post here.
https://iseethics.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/the-cooling-world-newsweek-april-28-1975.pdf

pete311
05-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Weatherman says a possibility of snow showers tomorrow! It's been in the 40s and rainy all day today.

Yeah I got a hard freeze tonight in fucking May. Pissed since I just planted a couple dozen annuals last week.

pete311
05-07-2017, 08:06 PM
They were warning about cooling in 1975.
Sorry. I couldn't copy the PDF to post here.
https://iseethics.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/the-cooling-world-newsweek-april-28-1975.pdf

"They"? Newsweek? Yeah we've advanced some since 45 years ago.

aboutime
05-07-2017, 08:30 PM
"They"? Newsweek? Yeah we've advanced some since 45 years ago.

Yep. We've all advanced some since then, all except you. So now. You've got your finger on the Cooling, instead of the Warming. FLIP-FLOPPING seems comfortable for you.
Shucks. I believe YOU weren't even a stain on your parents sheets in 75.

pete311
05-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Yep. We've all advanced some since then, all except you. So now. You've got your finger on the Cooling, instead of the Warming. FLIP-FLOPPING seems comfortable for you.
Shucks. I believe YOU weren't even a stain on your parents sheets in 75.

You make me blush. Now go back to your Amish workshop.

aboutime
05-07-2017, 09:10 PM
You make me blush. Now go back to your Amish workshop.

If I had an Amish workshop. I'd have to spend most of the day, wiping up all the petey stains from under the goat.

Black Diamond
05-07-2017, 11:28 PM
World temperatures plummeted because trump won. If Hillary had won, New York City would be under water by now.

aboutime
05-08-2017, 06:22 PM
World temperatures plummeted because trump won. If Hillary had won, New York City would be under water by now.

Black Diamond. Not only would New York City be under water. They wouldn't have ENOUGH water to put out the FIRES, and the HATRED found in Hillary Hell.:salute:

Gunny
05-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Rich coming from a guy who didn't read past the headline.

What's to read? The left is flying under a false flag of trying to convince people you can stop a cyclical change in the Earth's climate by dictating how we should live in order for this BS to happen. If the Earth is warming, as it has done in the past, buy short sleeves and an air conditioner because that is ALL you're going to be able to do about it.

But this gives you lefties just another pointless, goofy cause to play Chicken Little to.

pete311
05-09-2017, 07:46 AM
If the Earth is warming, as it has done in the past, buy short sleeves and an air conditioner because that is ALL you're going to be able to do about it.

Thank you for your expert opinion from decades of study and research.

Gunny
05-09-2017, 09:14 AM

You mean decades of wasted tax dollars. Let me know, Mr Wizard, when exactly you're going to wave your magic wand and bring a halt to a cyclical change in the Earth's climate. Will it be on PPV?

Whether or not the Earth's climate is changing is irrelevant. If it is it is. The joke is the billions being spent by the left trying to prove it's our fault (hen in doubt, blame us -- maybe you'll get another grant from the taxpayer dollars) and claiming Man can fix it. What a waste of time and money.

Elessar
05-09-2017, 06:23 PM
You mean decades of wasted tax dollars. Let me know, Mr Wizard, when exactly you're going to wave your magic wand and bring a halt to a cyclical change in the Earth's climate. Will it be on PPV?

Whether or not the Earth's climate is changing is irrelevant. If it is it is. The joke is the billions being spent by the left trying to prove it's our fault (hen in doubt, blame us -- maybe you'll get another grant from the taxpayer dollars) and claiming Man can fix it. What a waste of time and money.

It is rather hard to try and talk sense to a closed mind.

aboutime
05-09-2017, 07:06 PM

petey. Can't speak for the other members near my age, but I have, at least six decades of actual memories of LIVING with weather conditions. And the one thing that has never changed, during all of my seven decades Alive are...We always have FOUR seasons. Twelve months. 24 hour days. 365 orbits around the Sun, and EVERY DAY of every year I have been alive...the weather has been consistently Changing Daily.

Some days are wet, Some are dry, some are hot, some are cold, and the EARTH keeps spinning....even if YOU say otherwise with all of your study, and research.

pete311
05-09-2017, 10:38 PM
petey. Can't speak for the other members near my age, but I have, at least six decades of actual memories of LIVING with weather conditions. And the one thing that has never changed, during all of my seven decades Alive are...We always have FOUR seasons. Twelve months. 24 hour days. 365 orbits around the Sun, and EVERY DAY of every year I have been alive...the weather has been consistently Changing Daily.

Some days are wet, Some are dry, some are hot, some are cold, and the EARTH keeps spinning....even if YOU say otherwise with all of your study, and research.

Local weather and global climate are not the same thing

aboutime
05-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Local weather and global climate are not the same thing

Really? Tell all of us, with your self-proclaimed expertise; what part of the Earth does not experience the Four Seasons. Temperature changes, rain, snow, heat, and cold.

How can ONE exist without the other? As in Local, or Global?

Black Diamond
05-10-2017, 06:57 PM
Really? Tell all of us, with your self-proclaimed expertise; what part of the Earth does not experience the Four Seasons. Temperature changes, rain, snow, heat, and cold.

Everyone should experience Frankie Valli. :)

aboutime
05-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Everyone should experience Frankie Valli. :)

Right you are!:laugh: I prefered the BEE GEE'S though.:dance: Jersey Boys were across the river from Philly.

pete311
05-10-2017, 07:26 PM

If you don't know the difference between your local weather variance and the global climate averages, then why don't you leave the subject to the experts.

aboutime
05-10-2017, 09:04 PM
If you don't know the difference between your local weather variance and the global climate averages, then why don't you leave the subject to the experts.

You mean...Experts, like you? Who died and left you to believe you are such an expert on anything? Other than being willing to expose your ignorance so easily here.

pete311
05-10-2017, 10:14 PM
You mean...Experts, like you? Who died and left you to believe you are such an expert on anything? Other than being willing to expose your ignorance so easily here.

No I am not an expert in climate science. I leave that to the researches who work on it every day.