PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Daniels to DC Politicians:

jimnyc
05-08-2017, 11:21 AM
I love this man!!

-----

Charlie Daniels to DC Politicians: How ‘bout You Folks Cowboy Up, Stop Putting Party First

There are a lot of things about politics and politicians that make me want to drop a brick on somebody's toe – scratch that, make it a cinderblock – and I am very bipartisan in these less than noble feelings.

There is a situation going on in Washington right now that perfectly exhibits the nature of my anger, and if I hear one more Democrat, pay attention Chuck Schumer, say that Republicans don't want poor people to have health care or some other bit of otherworldly hyperbolic crap, I'm apt to throw said brick or cinderblock at a television screen.

In the first place, and I speak as one whose overall opinion of both political parties is a couple of cuts below my opinion of carpenter bees, even I would never accuse any congressperson of not wanting poor people to have health coverage.

But I do want to flip this coin over, and hyperbole totally excluded, I'm beginning to think that Mr. Schumer and his ilk would rather that the whole nation go without health care if the plan is created and instigated by the opposition party.

In case you haven't noticed, Obamacare is disintegrating right before our eyes, and if something stable and sane is not put into place soon the whole program is going to do what it was designed to do and totally implode.

In the first place, Mr. Schumer, if your party hadn't put this monstrosity together and threatened, courted and bribed members of Congress to pass it, we wouldn't have this two-ton albatross around our collective necks to begin with.

I know, I know, sir, Hillary was supposed to be president, and I'm sure that the one payer system she would have introduced to save the day when Obamacare finally went belly up is in a locked desk drawer somewhere on Capitol Hill gathering dust. I also know that this pill must be hard to swallow, but it ain't gonna happen, at least for the next four years.

Rest here - http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/charlie-daniels/charlie-daniels-dc-politicians-how-bout-you-folks-cowboy-stop-putting

Gunny
05-08-2017, 09:43 PM
I love this man!!

-----

Charlie Daniels to DC Politicians: How ‘bout You Folks Cowboy Up, Stop Putting Party First

There are a lot of things about politics and politicians that make me want to drop a brick on somebody's toe – scratch that, make it a cinderblock – and I am very bipartisan in these less than noble feelings.

There is a situation going on in Washington right now that perfectly exhibits the nature of my anger, and if I hear one more Democrat, pay attention Chuck Schumer, say that Republicans don't want poor people to have health care or some other bit of otherworldly hyperbolic crap, I'm apt to throw said brick or cinderblock at a television screen.

In the first place, and I speak as one whose overall opinion of both political parties is a couple of cuts below my opinion of carpenter bees, even I would never accuse any congressperson of not wanting poor people to have health coverage.

But I do want to flip this coin over, and hyperbole totally excluded, I'm beginning to think that Mr. Schumer and his ilk would rather that the whole nation go without health care if the plan is created and instigated by the opposition party.

In case you haven't noticed, Obamacare is disintegrating right before our eyes, and if something stable and sane is not put into place soon the whole program is going to do what it was designed to do and totally implode.

In the first place, Mr. Schumer, if your party hadn't put this monstrosity together and threatened, courted and bribed members of Congress to pass it, we wouldn't have this two-ton albatross around our collective necks to begin with.

I know, I know, sir, Hillary was supposed to be president, and I'm sure that the one payer system she would have introduced to save the day when Obamacare finally went belly up is in a locked desk drawer somewhere on Capitol Hill gathering dust. I also know that this pill must be hard to swallow, but it ain't gonna happen, at least for the next four years.

Rest here - http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/charlie-daniels/charlie-daniels-dc-politicians-how-bout-you-folks-cowboy-stop-putting

I love Charlie Daniels and since you mentioned it elsewhere, you KNOW I read that with the proper accent jimnyc :)

I wonder if the shelves in DC are empty of cool, soothing ointments after that beatdown.:laugh: