Black Diamond
05-09-2017, 05:00 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-director-james-comey-fired/story?id=47309009

pete311
05-09-2017, 05:13 PM
Seemed a bit incompetent

Kathianne
05-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Certainly is interesting. He was in a lose/lose situation. First Clinton/Lynch, then the whole Russia/Sessions. How to deal with investigations, when Attorney Generals have recused themselves from the immediate executive investigations. Not quite sure what he should have done, but did seem problematic that he kept trying to 'balance the scales,' in each. One ding for you; one for you, isn't a winning strategy.

Kathianne
05-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Well no surprise, there's going to be calls for a special counsel. So far I've heard at least 4 D's refer to Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre. Not a surprise, I do wonder though why the administration would basically be trying to sell this as 'He done Hillary wrong.' Very strange.

Kathianne
05-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Just heard Mark Warner (R) say that a special prosecutor needs to be appointed.

Kathianne
05-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Warner is saying he's concerned that Comey was supposed to be appearing before the judicial committee in closed session, now what? He's shocked that no notice was given to any Congressional leaders before the announcement.

Kathianne
05-09-2017, 06:12 PM
and now Schumer is on, calling for a special prosecutor. 'If President Trump was concerned about the treatment of Hillary last July, he could have fired Comey when he assumed office. He didn't. Now that several committees and the FBI are investigating Russian connections, he fires him under the guise of Secy Clinton's matter with the emails. The timing is not coincidental.'

aboutime
05-09-2017, 06:15 PM
What took so long?

As for Comey speaking at a classified meeting. He can NOW be summoned by Congress. I believe he was prevented from being summoned as the DIRECTOR. So....this solves the problem. Hillary, Obama, and Chucky Schumer should all be feeling their SPHINCTER muscles getting tighter by now.

hjmick
05-09-2017, 06:21 PM
This doesn't pass the smell test...

Kathianne
05-09-2017, 06:26 PM
This doesn't pass the smell test...

There's no doubt in my mind that Comey made a mess of things, I do think he could have avoided it by resigning when it became apparent that he was being pressured by Obama to not bring charges against Clinton et al. Instead he caved, while giving lots of ammo to the Republicans, especially Trump, to use.

However, there's no getting around the point that if his 'cave' on prosecuting bothered Trump that much, then Comey should have been gone back in January. I'm pretty sure that's why Warner agrees about the problem with your 'smell test.'

This may actually have been the first 'real problem' Trump has brought on himself. Using 'the treatment' of Hillary doesn't cut it, not when there's multiple investigations going on regarding the Russians.

aboutime
05-09-2017, 06:32 PM
How long do multiple investigations need to go on? Even when the Evidence is as plain as the nose on Hillary's, and Obama's faces?
Comey (IMO) broke his own FBI rules when he came forward DURING the investigations of Hillary, and her SERVER. And, to make matters worse. Comey had NO RIGHT as the Director of the FBI to become a Judge, or Lawyer to determine whether any of the information was PROSECUTABLE. That was the job for the Justice Department..being run by someone JUST LIKE HILLARY..., WHEN THE A.G. refused to Indict anyone.

Common sense, Laws, the Constitution, and the combined Justice system were ignored by Lynch, with the blessings of BILL CLINTON, and OBAMA.

Kathianne
05-09-2017, 07:32 PM
I've been looking to see if Warner said anything else, (he was already scheduled to be on FOX, when the news broke.) Here's what I found:

http://augustafreepress.com/mark-warner-firing-fbi-director-james-comey/

Mark Warner on firing of FBI Director James ComeyPublished Tuesday, May. 9, 2017, 7:03 pm

Front Page (http://augustafreepress.com/) » Government/Politics (http://augustafreepress.com/government-politics/) » Mark Warner on firing of FBI Director James Comey

U.S. Sen. Mark Warner, Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, released the following statement regarding President Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey.

“The President’s actions today are shocking. It is deeply troubling that the President has fired the FBI director during an active counterintelligence investigation into improper contacts between the Trump campaign and Russia.

“The administration insists there’s no ‘there there,’ yet President Trump has so far fired the acting Attorney General, nearly every U.S. attorney, and now the Director of the FBI. In addition, this President’s choice for Attorney General has been forced to recuse himself, and the National Security Advisor has resigned, as a result of undisclosed contacts with Russian officials.

“Now more than ever, it is vital that our ongoing investigation is completed in a credible and bipartisan way. We also need to hear directly from former Director Comey about the FBI investigation and related events.

“The President’s actions today make it clear to me that a Special Counsel also must be appointed. That’s the only way the American people will be able to trust the results of any DOJ investigation. The only way this Administration can begin to demonstrate a commitment to the rule of law, which has so far been sorely lacking, is to cooperate fully with the ongoing congressional investigations and to support the appointment of an independent special counsel.”

Black Diamond
05-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Mark Warner is a democrat. (Unless there are two mark Warners:))

so of course he wants a special prosecutor.

Democrats won't be happy until they hear trump colluded with Russia and he goes to prison. But Since that will never happen, they will keep pushing the idea every time they have a microphone in their faces.

Kathianne
05-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Mark Warner is a democrat. (Unless there are two mark Warners:))

so of course he wants a special prosecutor.

Democrats won't be happy until they hear trump colluded with Russia and he goes to prison. But Since that will never happen, they will keep pushing the idea every time they have a microphone in their faces.

You're correct, I could have sworn Bret Baier said he was (R). There are several Republicans though that are saying the same, the timing really puts a problem on this, as well as the written justification regarding last July's actions-which they applauded him for repeatedly then and after.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/reactions-fbi-director-james-comeys-firing-range-approval/story?id=47310699

Mostly the Republicans appear to be keeping quiet, 'He serves at the pleasure of the President,' which is undoubtedly correct.

Comey made many of the problems himself, by putting himself out there. Both sides have cheered and booed him. Now we all get to see how it plays out.

BoogyMan
05-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Little Chuckie Schumer is beside himself. Last year he was talking about how he had lost confidence in Comey and now he is calling the removal of Comey proof of some kind of cover up.

Black Diamond
05-09-2017, 08:11 PM
They are saying rosenstein recommended it and sessions concurred. Sessions probably should have kept quiet altogether. But the fact rosenstein, who is relatively new, recommended it, might... Might..... Explain the timing.

aboutime
05-09-2017, 08:14 PM
http://youtu.be/JId1BABbO9w

NightTrain
05-09-2017, 09:16 PM
Comey's refusal to recommend charges to DOJ by bizarrely saying he didn't think there was 'intent' to break the law - when intent doesn't matter anyway - despite clear evidence that Hillary & crew DID break many laws regarding classified email handling told me he wasn't the fierce independent lawman he was painted as.

I don't know who was pulling his strings to make him dance, but for certain string-pulling was happening. I lost a lot of respect for the FBI when he pulled that stunt, but there was no chance the corrupt DOJ under 0bama/Holder/Lynch would have acted to remove him like they should have.

Comey's actions and statements haven't added up for a while now. Either he's incompetent or there are other motives driving him - blackmail, bribes, who knows?

Sessions and his new Deputy say he's ineffective and I have to agree with that assessment. And it's abundantly clear Trump thinks so, too.

Who would make a great new FBI Director? I say Gowdy, but don't want to lose that pitbull in Congress.

David Clarke?

aboutime
05-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Comey's refusal to recommend charges to DOJ by bizarrely saying he didn't think there was 'intent' to break the law - when intent doesn't matter anyway - despite clear evidence that Hillary & crew DID break many laws regarding classified email handling told me he wasn't the fierce independent lawman he was painted as.

I don't know who was pulling his strings to make him dance, but for certain string-pulling was happening. I lost a lot of respect for the FBI when he pulled that stunt, but there was no chance the corrupt DOJ under 0bama/Holder/Lynch would have acted to remove him like they should have.

Comey's actions and statements haven't added up for a while now. Either he's incompetent or there are other motives driving him - blackmail, bribes, who knows?

Sessions and his new Deputy say he's ineffective and I have to agree with that assessment. And it's abundantly clear Trump thinks so, too.

Who would make a great new FBI Director? I say Gowdy, but don't want to lose that pitbull in Congress.

David Clarke?

Agreed. I would like Gowdy too! But he is more valuable where he is TAKING NO PRISONERS, and sharing the CONSTITUTION...the way it's supposed to be, rather than the Obama Ignore way.
As for a replacement. That's a hard one. So many out there we don't know about.

NightTrain
05-09-2017, 10:04 PM
Agreed. I would like Gowdy too! But he is more valuable where he is TAKING NO PRISONERS, and sharing the CONSTITUTION...the way it's supposed to be, rather than the Obama Ignore way.
As for a replacement. That's a hard one. So many out there we don't know about.

Yeah, definitely don't want to lose Gowdy.

You know what would absolutely make the moonbats go batshit (even more batshit, that is) would be for Trump to float Sheriff Joe's name out there. Now that would be some great entertainment.

Kathianne
05-10-2017, 08:10 AM
Several times last evening heard the name John Pistole.

revelarts
05-10-2017, 08:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Wg8hceKbI

Fox News contributor Charles Krauthammer slammed (https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/862077910043066370) President Donald Trump's decision to fire FBI Director James Comey (http://www.businessinsider.com/james-comey-fired-fbi-trump-2017-5) on Tuesday, calling it "inexplicable" and saying the stated rationale behind the decision was "implausible."
"Here's what so odd about it. This is about, according to the deputy attorney general, something that occurred on July the 5th," Krauthammer said, referring to the July 2016 press conference (https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system) during which Comey said the FBI would not recommend charges against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server.
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said in his letter recommending Comey's dismissal (http://www.businessinsider.com/why-was-james-comey-fired-trump-2017-5) that the determinant of Comey's removal was his "handling of the conclusion of the investigation of Secretary Clinton's emails."
Krauthammer called the reasoning "implausible," adding that "if that was so offensive to the Trump administration, which you would have done during the transition is you would have spoken to Comey and said, ‘We're going to let you go.'"
He continued: "That is when a president could very easily make a decision to have a change that's not unprecedented ... To fire him summarily in the middle of May for something that happened in July is inexplicable."

Comey apparently found out he had been fired when he was speaking to FBI officials in Los Angeles. While he was speaking to department employees, televisions around him began breaking the news. He received Trump's termination letter shortly after.
Krauthammer said it was clear Comey's firing had been in the works for days, echoing reports from the New York Times (https://twitter.com/nytmike/status/862071811760062464) that the White House and the Department of Justice had been working on firing Comey for the last few days and Attorney General Jeff Sessions was charged with the task of coming up with a reason.
Krauthammer asked why Comey was fired "this way."
"Why was it done with malice? I mean, there would have been so many ways of having Comey sort of, step aside, say he was in an untenable position," he said.
In the wake of Comey's firing, his deputy, Andrew McCabe, is the acting FBI director.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/krauthammer-comeys-firing-inexplicable-implausible-002939932.html

revelarts
05-10-2017, 08:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEoQLCbje58

Gunny
05-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Just more MSM jibberish. Comey was derelict in his duties as far as the elephant Hiitlery in the room goes, period. Whether he's partisan, stupid, or a wimp and caved to Obama means little. ALL or one are disqualifying for the position he held.

As far as Trump goes ... maybe he got around to it when he got around to it? Why is it whenever a Republican is elected President they are expected to fix everything the left has screwed up over 8 years on Day One? The fact is, IF Trump even gets two terms, he's going to spend most of the first one unscrewing Obama's debacle upon debacle.

pete311
05-10-2017, 09:30 AM
David Clarke?

I live in Milwaukee and he's an absolute disaster. This is not a partisan thing. He has barely enough competence to run the sheriffs office. People died in his jail while he campaigned for Trump. He ridicules people in public and currently has bizarre billboards of him on a horse with weird catch lines not dissimilar to putin. I don't know why in hell people think he could run the entire FBI. There are far far better competent republican friendly choices.

pete311
05-10-2017, 09:32 AM

I don't like faux news or Krauthammer, but Krauthammer is on point. The timing and handling of this AGAIN is suspect and amateur.

Gunny
05-10-2017, 09:47 AM
I don't like faux news or Krauthammer, but Krauthammer is on point. The timing and handling of this AGAIN is suspect and amateur.

Just like everything Obama did, huh? Suspect. Krauthammer's full of himself. At least we have one thing in common, Petey ... I don't like Fox News either.

pete311
05-10-2017, 09:54 AM
Just like everything Obama did, huh? Suspect. Krauthammer's full of himself. At least we have one thing in common, Petey ... I don't like Fox News either.

Obama's wrongs do not justify Trump's wrongs. Pinning anyone as a hypocrite does not excuse Trump's wrongs. Get it yet?

Gunny
05-10-2017, 10:00 AM
Obama's wrongs do not justify Trump's wrongs. Pinning anyone as a hypocrite does not excuse Trump's wrongs. Get it yet?

This is making a mountain out of a molehill. Get it? It's stupid and just an excuse to slam Trump for something. I myself would have fired Comey right off the bat and gone after Hitlery with everything I had. But that's me. Trump's agenda is apparently not mine. He DOES have other things to do. President of the US? Get it? Back burner crap gets gotten to when it gets gotten to.

Trump inherited a disaster. I'd think he'd have more on his mind than Hillary (one would hope) and Comey. But look at his history. He's not exactly know for being tolerant of "yes men".

Your statement is not applicable as I have not compared Obama's wrong with Trump's. In this case, I don't see Trump being wrong.

pete311
05-10-2017, 10:01 AM
This is making a mountain out of a molehill. Get it? It's stupid and just an excuse to slam Trump for something. I myself would have fired Comey right off the bat and gone after Hitlery with everything I had. But that's me. Trump's agenda is apparently not mine. He DOES have other things to do. President of the US? Get it? Back burner crap gets gotten to when it gets gotten to.

Trump inherited a disaster. I'd think he'd have more on his mind than Hillary (one would hope) and Comey. But look at his history. He's not exactly know for being tolerant of "yes men".

Comey should have been fired during transition. How do you explain Trump firing Comey now for something he did in July?

Gunny
05-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Comey should have been fired during transition. How do you explain Trump firing Comey now for something he did in July?
I don't explain it. I don't care. I'm not a partisan hack. As previously stated, you partisan hacks on the left want every problem solved Day One of a Republican Presidency and even THEN you'd find something wrong with it.

The fact is, he should have been fired by Obama had Obama been interested in justice and equality under the law, but then, that would have gone against Obama's leftwingnut principles.

I've seen people getting fired in the workplace being put off plenty of times because there were more important things to do. Had I been elected President, Comey would not be in my Top 10 list of h*t to do.

Black Diamond
05-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Because Obama didn't fire him in July. And why would he? Comey was following Obama's orders.

jimnyc
05-10-2017, 02:47 PM

Maybe he didn't want to fire him the minute he got into office, so that everyone would have blamed him for trying to cover things up about Russia. Instead, he let things take it's course. Even top Democrats came out out of seeing intelligence stating they see nothing at all to point to a connection between Trump and Russia.

So maybe he waited so that he wouldn't get jumped on for trying to being seen as covering up any Russian connections. Imagine that!

pete311
05-10-2017, 04:13 PM
Maybe he didn't want to fire him the minute he got into office, so that everyone would have blamed him for trying to cover things up about Russia. Instead, he let things take it's course. Even top Democrats came out out of seeing intelligence stating they see nothing at all to point to a connection between Trump and Russia.

So maybe he waited so that he wouldn't get jumped on for trying to being seen as covering up any Russian connections. Imagine that!

That's called chicken shit game playing. If you lose confidence with someone in charge of something like the FBI, you don't mess around for 6 months while at the same time telling everyone he has your total confidence.

Black Diamond
05-10-2017, 04:42 PM
That's called chicken shit game playing. If you lose confidence with someone in charge of something like the FBI, you don't mess around for 6 months while at the same time telling everyone he has your total confidence.
Are you saying, then, that Obama had full confidence in Comey?

pete311
05-10-2017, 05:20 PM
Are you saying, then, that Obama had full confidence in Comey?
I don't know, did he make any statements on it?

Gunny
05-10-2017, 05:25 PM

Again, other than the fact it happened, who cares if he fired Comey? I wouldn't want a leftover ass-kisser from Obama's administration in mine. Then there's the fact that just maybe, the President of the UD knows something you don't? Maybe you can intercept an e-mail in the topic when he sends it from his private bathroom server.:rolleyes:

Black Diamond
05-10-2017, 05:30 PM
He didn't act when Comey acted inappropriately re Hillary. Why?

Gunny
05-10-2017, 05:39 PM

As has been pointed out by those of us that have clearances, this one doesn't even have the usual benefit if doubt. It is a clear violation of the United States Code regarding handling , storing and dissemination of classified material. There's no wiggle room.

So, either he succumbed to pressure from higher up, or he's too stupid to hold the position. So, He's weak or he's stupid. I pick Option C, Both.

aboutime
05-10-2017, 06:26 PM

Probably because he couldn't act, since he hadn't been elected yet during the inappropriate actions of Hillary, and the WEINER man's source of classified info.

Black Diamond
05-10-2017, 06:30 PM
As has been pointed out by those of us that have clearances, this one doesn't even have the usual benefit if doubt. It is a clear violation of the United States Code regarding handling , storing and dissemination of classified material. There's no wiggle room.

So, either he succumbed to pressure from higher up, or he's too stupid to hold the position. So, He's weak or he's stupid. I pick Option C, Both.
Right but why didn't Obama fire Comey for his inappropriate behavior? Publicly saying all that Hillary did without recommending prosecution.

Black Diamond
05-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Probably because he couldn't act, since he hadn't been elected yet during the inappropriate actions of Hillary, and the WEINER man's source of classified info.
i seem to be not communicating well. Why didn't Obama fire Hillary after she acted inappropriately when Obama was president?

aboutime
05-10-2017, 06:34 PM
i seem to be not communicating well. Why didn't Obama fire Hillary after she acted inappropriately when Obama was president?

Because he planned on Hillary getting elected to carry on his PHONY legacy.

Kathianne
05-11-2017, 08:19 AM
With time things become clearer. Some folks should do their usual and just keep thinking what they are thinking. However, for those that want Trump to succeed, this might be the time to do some constructive thinking and perhaps a bit of criticism.

I do think that he has been frustrated in many ways since Jan. Who wouldn't be? At the same time, he's shown some problems in learning about government, not just politics or how it appears the game is played.

When Comey was fired, without notice being given, on the eve of Senate hearings on Russia meddling, it sounded 'suspicious' to those inclined to be so. The narrative though put out by the WH was that Trump just 'went along' with the new Deputy AG as did Sessions, (who'd already recused himself from Russian investigations,) providing supporters in the press and politically to say, "It's about time."

Unfortunately, the new deputy AG really didn't want his reputation used that way. He balked. The narrative had to change, putting Trump front and center of the decision.

Of course in the swamp of politics, changing the narrative has consequences as the following by a supporter of the President, with more than a couple of links to others that supported him, points out. Indeed, 'timing' does have implications:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/11/abc-rosenstein-nearly-resigned-wh-spin-comey-firing/

ABC: Rosenstein nearly resigned after WH spin on Comey firingPOSTED AT 8:41 AM ON MAY 11, 2017 BY ED MORRISSEY

When the White House first announced the firing of FBI Director James Comey, their first narrative cast it as the culmination of an internal review of Comey’s actions by newly confirmed deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Later, though, the narrative changed to put Donald Trump more in the role of central force behind the decision — and ABC News reports they had little choice in the matter (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/deputy-ag-rosenstein-verge-resigning-upset-wh-pinning/story?id=47342541&cid=social_twitter_abcn). Sources within the administration tell Jon Karl that Rosenstein threatened to resign if they didn’t acknowledge their role in starting that review:

A Rosenstein resignation would have been disastrous. It was painfully clear (http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/10/trump-dems-sad-cost-us-election-comey/) from almost the moment that his letter was published that Rosenstein acted as a hatchet man; no one spends Day 13 on the job at the Department of Justice proposing to fire an FBI director without orders to do so. The White House needed that narrative to distract attention from the other reasons for dumping Comey, and also to take shots at Democrats for hypocrisy over Comey (which still applies), but Rosenstein refused to play along. Had Rosenstein resigned, the crisis would have escalated even further than it has.

It’s bad enough as it is, however. The shift in stories has forced the White House to acknowledge that Trump pushed this, and the brutal manner of Comey’s firing has the administration leaking like a sieve. The Washington Post got thirty sources (http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/05/10/wapo-story-on-trump-and-comey-cites-more-than-30-officials-but-cant-beat-this-one-editors-note/) for its tick-tock of the firing (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-trumps-anger-and-impatience-prompted-him-to-fire-the-fbi-director/2017/05/10/d9642334-359c-11e7-b373-418f6849a004_story.html?utm_term=.91a5ce9ba3c7), which paints the action as a petty grudge over a lack of personal loyalty. As Trump is about to find out, that’s just the beginning. Not only will Trump have to worry about leaks, he’ll also have to worry about alienating both the FBI and the intelligence communities at the same time.

The change in stories has also alarmed Paul Mirengoff at Power Line (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/05/others-trump-should-fire.php), who was more sympathetic to the original argument:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-11-2017, 09:02 AM
With time things become clearer. Some folks should do their usual and just keep thinking what they are thinking. However, for those that want Trump to succeed, this might be the time to do some constructive thinking and perhaps a bit of criticism.

I do think that he has been frustrated in many ways since Jan. Who wouldn't be? At the same time, he's shown some problems in learning about government, not just politics or how it appears the game is played.

When Comey was fired, without notice being given, on the eve of Senate hearings on Russia meddling, it sounded 'suspicious' to those inclined to be so. The narrative though put out by the WH was that Trump just 'went along' with the new Deputy AG as did Sessions, (who'd already recused himself from Russian investigations,) providing supporters in the press and politically to say, "It's about time."

Unfortunately, the new deputy AG really didn't want his reputation used that way. He balked. The narrative had to change, putting Trump front and center of the decision.

Of course in the swamp of politics, changing the narrative has consequences as the following by a supporter of the President, with more than a couple of links to others that supported him, points out. Indeed, 'timing' does have implications:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/11/abc-rosenstein-nearly-resigned-wh-spin-comey-firing/

Not really anything new in that Trump has had and will continue to have a huge bulls-eye painted on him by media, dem party,
leftists/libs/socialists/Hollywood and worst of all --the extremely powerful cabal of the world's most powerful none national entity-- the Globalists.
As to Comey being fired, I think Trump should have axed him as soon as possible after being sworn in--since he was obama's pick..
None of the top obama people should have been left in place past the first 30/40 days IMHO
As none of them re true to this nation, its freedoms and its Constitution.
Obama only picked those that thought like him. Those that would not interfere in his corruption and especially his treason!--Tyr

Gunny
05-11-2017, 09:04 AM

Huh? :dunno:

Trump fired someone. Is it within his purview and prerogative to do so? Yes or no answers the question.

Did Comey Screw up? Yes. Bye. And you already know I don't care for Trump. He's done more than I thought he would. I'm just not going to knee jerk to every detractor's accusation.

pete311
05-11-2017, 09:15 AM
Huh? :dunno:

Trump fired someone. Is it within his purview and prerogative to do so? Yes or no answers the question.

Absolutely no one is debating whether or not he had the right to fire Comey. It's not the issue and I hope you know that.

Gunny
05-11-2017, 10:12 AM
Absolutely no one is debating whether or not he had the right to fire Comey. It's not the issue and I hope you know that.

You're complaining about WHEN he did it which is moot if he has the Right to do it.

Black Diamond
05-11-2017, 06:10 PM
You're correct, I could have sworn Bret Baier said he was (R). There are several Republicans though that are saying the same, the timing really puts a problem on this, as well as the written justification regarding last July's actions-which they applauded him for repeatedly then and after.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/reactions-fbi-director-james-comeys-firing-range-approval/story?id=47310699

Mostly the Republicans appear to be keeping quiet, 'He serves at the pleasure of the President,' which is undoubtedly correct.

Comey made many of the problems himself, by putting himself out there. Both sides have cheered and booed him. Now we all get to see how it plays out.
Truth be told, I expected to eat crow in some form or another. You're not wrong very often. :)

aboutime
05-11-2017, 06:12 PM
There is absolutely NOTHING any of us, or anyone in Washington can do about it!
Donald Trump is the President, and he did something He Is Allowed To Do!

Russ
05-11-2017, 08:03 PM
I was able to locate some video of Comey getting fired... :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLaCqrisEac&list=RDwMufib-_gLs&index=2

Kathianne
05-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Truth be told, I expected to eat crow in some form or another. You're not wrong very often. :)

Ack, wrong often enough, especially with stupid hearing and TV. Just easier though to know when one is wrong and move on. :laugh:

I do wonder though why Trump always seems to create choas when things seem to be going in the right direction? It doesn't make any sense to me.