Kathianne
05-12-2017, 07:41 AM
Too bad someone else does, on Twitter no less:

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/863008633247997953

Gunny
05-12-2017, 07:51 AM
Too bad someone else does, on Twitter no less:

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/863008633247997953

I've said from the beginning someone should take away his Tweety account. He creates all this unnecessary drama playing on some goofy, unnecessary social media.

That being said, the left builds a conspiracy out of every word he posts about a bunch of "Who cares?" crap. They cry "the sky is falling" so much they have rendered themselves pointless.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 07:57 AM
I've said from the beginning someone should take away his Tweety account. He creates all this unnecessary drama playing on some goofy, unnecessary social media.

That being said, the left builds a conspiracy out of every word he posts about a bunch of "Who cares?" crap. They cry "the sky is falling" so much they have rendered themselves pointless.

I'm assuming this is his response to calls for more discernment over words and calls for taking away his Tweety account. In any case, he doesn't seem to be picking his words or fights well.

Why does he create these crises when he just begins to get on a positive roll?

pete311
05-12-2017, 08:13 AM
The spokes people for the white house must be getting paid big time. I can't imagine anyone looking forward to defending these kinds of tweets day in and day out.

pete311
05-12-2017, 08:15 AM

Public intimidation of an FBI director on twitter is "who cares"? Past presidents are rolling in their graves. Really sad what the office has become. Total circus.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 08:33 AM
and he keeps digging on 'Tweety':

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/12/trump-maybe-cancel-press-briefings/

Even his 'right' supporters are finding this administration more and more chaotic.

Gunny
05-12-2017, 08:36 AM
I'm assuming this is his response to calls for more discernment over words and calls for taking away his Tweety account. In any case, he doesn't seem to be picking his words or fights well.

Why does he create these crises when he just begins to get on a positive roll?

I honestly couldn't say. I personally wouldn't even talk on the phone without measuring every word. I sure as Hell wouldn't be on social media. I'm trained old school communications security though. I wouldn't sit next a co-worker out in public and discuss anything from inside.

Trump is Trump. He's into this social media crap. And he's petty. I wouldn't respond to any of this crap. I can't see sticking my life out on the internet especially as a public figure and ESPECIALLY as President. I hope it doesn't come back to bite him in the ass, but if it does, I won't be surprised.

But what a bunch of jackasses on social media think about my decisions as President would get the :fu:

Gunny
05-12-2017, 08:40 AM
Public intimidation of an FBI director on twitter is "who cares"? Past presidents are rolling in their graves. Really sad what the office has become. Total circus.

In today's climate? Yeah it's "Who cares?" Just like the single digit IQ's that feel the need to twist the rap and lie about it. I don't see where he's intimidating anyone. Then again, I didn't bother to read a bunch of tweets between the ignorant and stupid. I got past the first two and closed the window. What a waste of life.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Temperament is important, which is starting to take it's toll. It's been ONLY a tad less than 5 months:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/12/trump-hey-maybe-im-wiretapping-people-something/

I have to agree that the whole 'Nixonian' comparisons were a bridge too far, there's no doubt that firing Comey was legal. However, Trump's behaviors since with the changing reasoning and now not subtle threats is wearing.

Nothing says Nixonian like threatening aides with secret taping systems, eh? Yesterday, even Bob Woodward (http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/11/woodward-isnt-watergate-yet/) was pushing back against comparisons to Watergate. Today, the President himself seems eager to raise the specter all on his own. It’s as if the Trump administration has a strange sort of nostalgia for all the worst parts of the early 1970s.

jimnyc
05-12-2017, 08:44 AM

Tweety? LOL But that is about how I feel too, I hate twitter, so couldn't care less if it were tweets, twitter or tweety. :)

I also agreed from the get go that he needed his twitter account removed. And here he is chugging along with his account, as president no less! I wonder when he pulls shit like this if he's just doing so for attention? Does he not realize he can just sneeze and get attention? And then poking at fat Rosie as well. (I agree with him there, but that's because I'm a dirtbag). I don't know why he's opening the door and inviting trouble in, but he knows that's what he's doing when he's addressing the damn director.

But for the millionth time - someone needs to remove his access to tweety and facetv.

jimnyc
05-12-2017, 08:46 AM
and he keeps digging on 'Tweety':

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/12/trump-maybe-cancel-press-briefings/

Even his 'right' supporters are finding this administration more and more chaotic.

He's bypassing the mainstream media and creating his OWN media, which he tried to somewhat explain in the primaries. But hell, he needs a team to prepare such things for him, and hell, maybe even post for him.

I don't mind him bypassing the MSM, and I don't mind him being the opposite of PC, I don't mind the controversy...

but his stuff needs to be factual.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 08:51 AM
He's bypassing the mainstream media and creating his OWN media, which he tried to somewhat explain in the primaries. But hell, he needs a team to prepare such things for him, and hell, maybe even post for him.

I don't mind him bypassing the MSM, and I don't mind him being the opposite of PC, I don't mind the controversy...

but his stuff needs to be factual.

I could understand if it seemed he really was trying to 'be factual,' but what seems to be more factual is that he takes to social media when agitated and wanting to be 'petty' as Gunny described it. At this point it's looking like a psychological problem to many.

jimnyc
05-12-2017, 08:52 AM
In today's climate? Yeah it's "Who cares?" Just like the single digit IQ's that feel the need to twist the rap and lie about it. I don't see where he's intimidating anyone. Then again, I didn't bother to read a bunch of tweets between the ignorant and stupid. I got past the first two and closed the window. What a waste of life.

Some want to jump on every last thing he does and talk about impeachment from day one. Maxine Waters condemned Comey, but then jumped on it as another reason as to why Trump should be impeached.

His tweets are retarded, and not well thought out. Some of it are simply not factual. But outside of that, it's just that, stupid tweets. I'm only worried about things that are not on the money, things that are either incorrect or lies.

But if he's trying to intimidate anyone, I don't see it, and I think he's failing. And if head to head, I think Comey would bury him anyway - which may be the reason for the tweeterooni?

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 08:54 AM
Some want to jump on every last thing he does and talk about impeachment from day one. Maxine Waters condemned Comey, but then jumped on it as another reason as to why Trump should be impeached.

His tweets are retarded, and not well thought out. Some of it are simply not factual. But outside of that, it's just that, stupid tweets. I'm only worried about things that are not on the money, things that are either incorrect or lies.

But if he's trying to intimidate anyone, I don't see it, and I think he's failing. And if head to head, I think Comey would bury him anyway - which may be the reason for the tweeterooni?

All the more reason this appears to be veering on the pathological.

jimnyc
05-12-2017, 08:55 AM
I could understand if it seemed he really was trying to 'be factual,' but what seems to be more factual is that he takes to social media when agitated and wanting to be 'petty' as Gunny described it. At this point it's looking like a psychological problem to many.

If anything, I think he's trying to play games with Comey and/or others, and trying head games with them. But if some are implying out there that he has "mental" problems, I don't see it. It's easy to toss such stuff out there when folks disagree with his actions, and then use such wording in order to disagree with him, and also perhaps humiliate him. Folks started tossing out the mental stuff a while back, and just like Russia, have nothing whatsoever to backup any such claims/accusations.

jimnyc
05-12-2017, 08:57 AM
All the more reason this appears to be veering on the pathological.

I'm not prepared to make such comments about folks, about being mental or anything even in that arena, without some sort of proof. Simply disagreeing, doesn't make the other person having mental issues.

We've discussed a LOT of politicians over the years, and LOTS with issues that are truly "out there" at times, conspiracy theories and what not. But I don't recall jumping on those folks as pathological or having mental issues.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 08:59 AM
If anything, I think he's trying to play games with Comey and/or others, and trying head games with them. But if some are implying out there that he has "mental" problems, I don't see it. It's easy to toss such stuff out there when folks disagree with his actions, and then use such wording in order to disagree with him, and also perhaps humiliate him. Folks started tossing out the mental stuff a while back, and just like Russia, have nothing whatsoever to backup any such claims/accusations.

So far every time he's beginning to get 'traction' beyond his core group, he creates a crisis that undoes the perception of moving forward. Continuously setting up ME vs THEM is not governing. Anything but.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 09:02 AM
I'm not prepared to make such comments about folks, about being mental or anything even in that arena, without some sort of proof. Simply disagreeing, doesn't make the other person having mental issues.

We've discussed a LOT of politicians over the years, and LOTS with issues that are truly "out there" at times, conspiracy theories and what not. But I don't recall jumping on those folks as pathological or having mental issues.

Obama certainly seemed to suffer from several issues, as did Nixon. They were 'discussed' and books were written. Those would be 'serious' problems, not run of the mill 'narcissism' which seems to be a personality component of those running for president.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 09:04 AM
and there are consequences, beyond the media or even this discussion:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/333031-trumps-comey-firing-sets-off-new-round-of-leaks

Trump's Comey firing sets off new round of leaks

BY JONATHAN EASLEY (http://thehill.com/author/jonathan-easley) - 05/12/17 06:06 AM EDT

Even before the Comey firing, though, the White House was once again stung by public infighting, as national security adviser H.R. McMaster became the target of embarrassing stories about how Trump had berated him in front of staff.

Late Wednesday, CNN reported that White House press secretary Sean Spicer’s job was once again on the chopping block. Trump did nothing to quell those rumors in an interview with Time magazine that ran Thursday.

“The real story is the surveillance but my comms people can’t get it out,” Trump said.

Still, the unusually detailed accounts of inner turmoil frustrated Trump’s allies in the media, like Matt Drudge, who runs the enormously influential conservative aggregation website Drudge Report.

“We never got 1 damaging leak out of Obama White House staff in 8 yrs. Under Trump, they appear hourly. BIG DANGER: Small leaks sink ships!!,” Drudge said in a flurry of tweets.

“Trump advisers leaking to media are now deliberately sabotaging presidency. Major house cleaning needed for survival. Leaks on hour, every hour, will destroy Trump presidency. There's a Trojan horse plotting within the inner circle!”

As that drama played out, Trump also faced negative stories that appeared to originate with law enforcement officials angered by his handling of the Comey affair.

Those stories directly contradicted the White House’s accounts of events.

pete311
05-12-2017, 09:13 AM

Really? Here is the tweet

"James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

That is the definition of a threat. Which is intimidation.

Rubio would have been such a better president!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-12-2017, 09:51 AM
Complete and utter bullshit is the charge of Trump having mental disease.....
What he has is an irresistible urge to strike back at the vast multitude of his 24/7 attackers... at the sorry bastards and lying bitches dedicated to lying about/attacking him, smearing his character any way possible.
With that said, he should either stop all twitter use(I have never and will never use twitter) completely or else appoint a political savvy team to proofread his comment and deleted before presenting the ones that need to not ever be said publicly..

What we have now is this massive worldwide wolfpack attackigand biting any part they can sink their rotten teeth into..
You know, sorry ffing pieces of human shit that always hate and despise any that do not wallow in their damn darkness, depravity and moronic shit!
And even more so hate and attack any that effect change of the crap they have managed to put in place to further their damn destructive and unconstitutional leftist agenda...

I too hate with every bone in my body such wretched sorry, useless and vile pieces of human shit. Such maggots..
Yet I do not twitter about or to such scum..
For me it is enough to wait until face to face and slap the hell out of such cowardly pieces of shit--which I have done in the past.

I see far too many celebrating what is a vicious and unwarranted assault on Trump because he had the wits and had the audacity to win-to defeat their chosen guy. And that is those professing to be on our side of the political fence!
Those on the other side of that political fence I already liken to ignorant , self-serving, blinded and arrogant scum..

Were I President I talk far less and do far more.
Every damn Executive order that bastard obama issued I rescind immediately. Every damn person that thE scum obama placed in high government position I'd fire as quickly as possible- as every one of those so placed are scum as was the damn master, that ffing PIECE OF SHIT, that placed them in power,IMHO. -Tyr

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Tyr, I think if he'd listen to your suggestions and many others to stay away from Twitter and at minimum if he feels that is a good alternative, get someone not himself to get his message out.

While all of us are free to blast away, a president or even FBI director are not supposed to be impulsive, for good reasons. We get to criticize, without having to deal with their problems. Then again, they chose their positions and got enough support to be where they are. With that comes the criticisms.

Your point about the EO's is correct, when one governs with them, one is at the next guy's mercies.

gabosaurus
05-12-2017, 10:36 AM
I started out by openly disliking Trump. Now I merely don't understand him. You simply can't run the government of a large country like you run a corporation. Trump thinks like a CEO. You get things done through threats and undercover alliances. You can't simply demand that Congress and the judicial system give in to your demands. You can't arrange a leveraged takeover of the other two branches of government. You can't declare Chapter 11 and start over.

jimnyc
05-12-2017, 11:02 AM
I started out by openly disliking Trump. Now I merely don't understand him. You simply can't run the government of a large country like you run a corporation. Trump thinks like a CEO. You get things done through threats and undercover alliances. You can't simply demand that Congress and the judicial system give in to your demands. You can't arrange a leveraged takeover of the other two branches of government. You can't declare Chapter 11 and start over.

Look at the stock market, up like 13-15% or so since he took office? US stock market gained $2 trillion since he was elected. Unemployment at it's lowest in 28 years. Jobs all over the place. Illegal immigration is WAY down (nearly 70%), in various areas. Decreased debt by $100 billion dollars. Housing sales are up. New SCOTUS judge. :)

He has done a LOT of good. This is just a few. The mainstream media and democrats are in "bash Trump mode" since the day he was elected. And with the democrats mostly refusing to work at all, and even some republicans, he is still getting a lot done.

With that said, he's FAR from perfect. Either fix the things he pushes out on tweetspace, or drop it altogether.

He's followed up on quite a few of his promises already, and I hope he follows through with more - aka the wall. But there are a slew of others that are either on the back burner, or ignored.

While I wanted AND got a president that is not politically correct... such a person still needs to have all the facts lined up and can't just toss shit out there and then whistle in the wind and act like he never said it.

It's getting harder to make excuses and/or accept everything from this administration. At the same time, I would love to see the republicans come together more, and at times for the democrats to meet in the aisle as well. There's some cuckoos over there that don't care about politics at this moment, nor their constituents for the most part, their goals are simply to bash Trump and everything or anything he may do. Maxine Waters - does she even have a job? Chuck Schumer. I'm sure he's more active than Waters, but it would appear that his FT job is following Trump around to bash him. The list is long.

Point is - he's doing better than you may give him credit for. And yes, there are more reasons or growing reasons to wonder WTF Trump is up to at times.

pete311
05-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Point is - he's doing better than you may give him credit for. And yes, there are more reasons or growing reasons to wonder WTF Trump is up to at times.

Even though I am 30 years from retirement, I do enjoy the stock rise. However, 5 months in, I'm not sure he should be taking direct credit for most things. Economics are baked in from years before. I would be saying the same thing if a democrat were in office. If next year we still see positive results, then you can talk taking credit.

jimnyc
05-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Even though I am 30 years from retirement, I do enjoy the stock rise. However, 5 months in, I'm not sure he should be taking direct credit for most things. Economics are baked in from years before. I would be saying the same thing if a democrat were in office. If next year we still see positive results, then you can talk taking credit.

I'm only pointing out the direction since he's been in office. I'm certainly not qualified to sit back with numbers and proclaim he's a hero. But I do think there's a connection, at least to some large extent, with the stock market, unemployment and job increases. Every last bit of it to be attributed to Trump? WTF do I know? LOL

Black Diamond
05-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Defeated foes. Ted Cruz, John kasich, Comey.

I am probably forgetting many people

He was actually cordial about Hillary after he beat her.

The guy has thrived on chaos his entire life. It has worked for him. But it doesn't make it easier for people like me who love him to watch. The guy has nerves of steel. I don't know how he does it.

Black Diamond
05-12-2017, 11:15 AM
I'm only pointing out the direction since he's been in office. I'm certainly not qualified to sit back with numbers and proclaim he's a hero. But I do think there's a connection, at least to some large extent, with the stock market, unemployment and job increases. Every last bit of it to be attributed to Trump? WTF do I know? LOL
Imagine when he gets his corporate tax cut through.

Gunny
05-12-2017, 11:21 AM

What this reminds me of is: Let people wonder whether or not you are stupid rather than open you mouth and prove that you are. His behavior at times is immature and he's just giving his enemies ammo.

I agree with bypassing the MSM as a strategy. The tactics he's using are less than something to write home about. I also agree with Kath's assessment -- Two steps forward, one step back. Why bring unneeded drama on yourself?

Abbey Marie
05-12-2017, 03:18 PM

"James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

Well, he was my first choice, but wasn't to be. You have Trump because of 8 years of Obama and the non-choice of Hillary.

Abbey Marie
05-12-2017, 03:20 PM
and there are consequences, beyond the media or even this discussion:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/333031-trumps-comey-firing-sets-off-new-round-of-leaks

So, based on this article, one could conclude that the White House isn't that different, there is just a leak problem that former Presidents did not have.

Black Diamond
05-12-2017, 03:34 PM
So, based on this article, one could conclude that the White House isn't that different, there is just a leak problem that former Presidents did not have.
Was Comey going to leak in your opinion?

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 03:48 PM

I can't think of an administration that hasn't had leaks. The problem here is that the WH is leaking from within, something Obama did not have. The departments have also been leaking, much of which I'd blame on those that were carried over, but are political. Now however, there is likely going to be an increase in police leaking, (FBI in particular) which can't be blamed on others, but brought upon the administration itself.

Abbey Marie
05-12-2017, 04:46 PM
I can't think of an administration that hasn't had leaks. The problem here is that the WH is leaking from within, something Obama did not have. The departments have also been leaking, much of which I'd blame on those that were carried over, but are political. Now however, there is likely going to be an increase in police leaking, (FBI in particular) which can't be blamed on others, but brought upon the administration itself.

Whether the leaks are from inside or outside, the point remains that other administrations could have been similar. We are just seeing more of them, and the media is going after Trump more than anything I've seen.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Whether the leaks are from inside or outside, the point remains that other administrations could have been similar. We are just seeing more of them, and the media is going after Trump more than anything I've seen.

I do think he is bringing most of this upon himself. I don't know why. The administration has a couple good days, people start to think things are settling down and wham! more choas. He chooses this, inexplicable.

It doesn't matter to those who support him, but it is a problem for those who are hoping that the country will come together. It won't, not like this. Just like there are those that really don't care what is done, there are those who will find reasons to 'resist' no matter any good things he does. Usually one would think the 'middle' would be the top of the curve, but it seems to rather be an inverted bell.

Gunny
05-12-2017, 05:10 PM

Incorrect. The implication may be there, but there is no direct threat made.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 05:17 PM
Incorrect. The implication may be there, but there is no direct threat made.

The threat is 'implied.' Thus it is a threat.

I can't believe he introduced the idea of his recording conversations. Now there are calls for the 'tapes.' This is insane. No one else brought this up, not the Democrats, not Comey, but Trump.

It's like, "Hey, let's keep bringing up Nixon, there's a plan!"

Gunny
05-12-2017, 05:24 PM
The threat is 'implied.' Thus it is a threat.

I can't believe he introduced the idea of his recording conversations. Now there are calls for the 'tapes.' This is insane. No one else brought this up, not the Democrats, not Comey, but Trump.

It's like, "Hey, let's keep bringing up Nixon, there's a plan!"

Not here. It has to be a direct threat and you have to be in danger or feel you are, and you best be able to prove it. An implied threat in a court of law can be talked away in a second as something else.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Not here. It has to be a direct threat and you have to be in danger or feel you are, and you best be able to prove it. An implied threat in a court of law can be talked away in a second as something else.

Gunny, you are being silly. This is politics, not 'law.' Comey won't even respond to this nonsense. It's Trump that wrote the tweet, with the implied threat. In doing so, he's opened a can of WTF upon himself. Again.

Gunny
05-12-2017, 05:33 PM
Gunny, you are being silly. This is politics, not 'law.' Comey won't even respond to this nonsense. It's Trump that wrote the tweet, with the implied threat. In doing so, he's opened a can of WTF upon himself. Again.

You are wrong. Nothing silly about my answer at all. I got the tee-shirt. I know what I'm talking about. An implied threat means nothing. You call me silly and say you're talking out of your experience level.

And what's a threat on the internet worth anyway? Nothing.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 05:35 PM
You are wrong. Nothing silly about my answer at all. I got the tee-shirt. I know what I'm talking about. An implied threat means nothing. You call me silly and say you're talking out of your experience level.

Thanks for that, I was needing some schooling today. I guess there's just too much bad news coming about the guy you don't 'like' but super support regardless of what is done. No problem.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 05:40 PM
and to think that 'winning' could have been a headline today:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/12/saudi-arabia-whines-us-has-too-much-control-over-worlds-oil/

Saudis complain the US has too much control over world's oil supply.

Gunny
05-12-2017, 05:43 PM

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/12/saudi-arabia-whines-us-has-too-much-control-over-worlds-oil/

:laugh:

Wait until you see the sweetheart deal we'll get FROM THE SAUDI's once ISIS spreads into Saudi space.

Black Diamond
05-12-2017, 05:44 PM

It would not have been the headline. Not on most media outlets.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 05:49 PM
It would not have been the headline. Not on most media outlets.

Yeah, so in retaliation, he shoots himself in the foot and beyond. Well played! :laugh2:

So much whining, would think folks were Saudis.

Black Diamond
05-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Yeah, so in retaliation, he shoots himself in the foot and beyond. Well played! :laugh2:

The media would have been talking about Russia. Now they are talking about trump threatening the asshat Comey instead.

Gunny
05-12-2017, 05:58 PM

I don't recall a whole lot of mercy from Saudi Arabia before we started fracking. I don't see any relief for them anytime soon with a capitalist businessman as our President either.

My only concern is weakening the Saudi infrastructure giving ISIS a new target.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 05:59 PM
The media would have been talking about Russia. Now they are talking about trump threatening the asshat Comey instead.

and again even today, Trump has to keep bringing it up. He wrote a 'certified letter' saying he did nothing with Russia regarding the election. Has an accounting firm send a letter saying his tax records show no income from Russians, (except 3 seriously little things, no sarcasm).

He can't stop talking/tweeting/bringing attention to things he says he wants 'gone.' He should try being quiet.

Black Diamond
05-12-2017, 06:01 PM
and again even today, Trump has to keep bringing it up. He wrote a 'certified letter' saying he did nothing with Russia regarding the election. Has an accounting firm send a letter saying his tax records show no income from Russians, (except 3 seriously little things, no sarcasm).

He can't stop talking/tweeting/bringing attention to things he says he wants 'gone.' He should try being quiet.
Here's a theory: He doesn't want them gone.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 06:06 PM

It certainly seems like he wants to throw shade at fired FBI director and is shocked, just shocked the media is making hay out of it.

Same with Russia conspiracy-I have no reason, nor from all accounts does anyone else that Trump is somehow involved in the whole conspiracy thing. Yet, he spent a considerable amount of time yesterday and today, talking trash on Comey, while saying Flynn (who's been shopping an immunity deal), is a great guy-very honorable. Sending 'his word' via certified letter doesn't matter regarding investigations, even when sent to Sen. Graham. It's like he can't stop.

Gunny
05-12-2017, 06:08 PM

I think a lot of people want him to shut up and do his job instead of fixating on a petty, partisan accusation if for no more reason than it takes time away from what he SHOULD BE doing.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 06:11 PM
I think a lot of people want him to shut up and do his job instead of fixating on a petty, partisan accusation if for no more reason than it takes time away from what he SHOULD BE doing.

There's that. There's also he is reinforcing real concerns people had about his temperament. No, not his supporters; not the 'resist,' but those that voted for him without liking and those that didn't but want him to succeed. It's these crises of his own making, that concern many.

Black Diamond
05-12-2017, 06:25 PM
It certainly seems like he wants to throw shade at fired FBI director and is shocked, just shocked the media is making hay out of it.

Same with Russia conspiracy-I have no reason, nor from all accounts does anyone else that Trump is somehow involved in the whole conspiracy thing. Yet, he spent a considerable amount of time yesterday and today, talking trash on Comey, while saying Flynn (who's been shopping an immunity deal), is a great guy-very honorable. Sending 'his word' via certified letter doesn't matter regarding investigations, even when sent to Sen. Graham. It's like he can't stop.
He says he doesn't want them to make hay of those things but he does.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 08:02 PM
He says he doesn't want them to make hay of those things but he does.

and pray tell, can you explain why? Do you think it's a good thing?

Black Diamond
05-12-2017, 08:25 PM
and pray tell, can you explain why? Do you think it's a good thing?
He believes controversy sells. Said so in the art of the deal 35 years ago. It's not how I would do things. But look where he is. i think he really started running for president the day he said Obama wasn't born here.

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 08:26 PM
There's that. There's also he is reinforcing real concerns people had about his temperament. No, not his supporters; not the 'resist,' but those that voted for him without liking and those that didn't but want him to succeed. It's these crises of his own making, that concern many.

Sort of what I've been saying all day:

http://freebeacon.com/columns/trumps-brand-crisis/

Trump’s Brand Is Crisis BY: Matthew Continetti (http://freebeacon.com/author/matt/)

<time class="entry-date" datetime="2017-05-12T05:00:52+00:00" pubdate="" style="box-sizing: inherit; font-style: italic; color: rgb(135, 135, 135); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">May 12, 2017 5:00 am</time>Column: The perils of an ad-hoc presidency

You hear it all the time: President Trump hasn't been tested, hasn't faced a real crisis. The events of the last few weeks, however, have made me want to turn that formulation around. Trump doesn't face crises so much as manufacture them. In a way he is the crisis, and his presidency is in danger of being defined not by any legislative or diplomatic achievement but by his handling of the multiplying and daunting obstacles he creates for himself.

I do not mean that we are in the midst of a constitutional crisis. Nor are we in a crisis of democracy. Trump was fairly elected, the mechanisms of representative government continue to function, the judiciary and bureaucracy and Congress and media constrain the office of the president. What Trump did in firing James Comey accorded with the powers of the chief executive. Indeed, how this political survivalist had managed to last so long was something of a mystery to me. Throughout his time in Washington Comey had managed to annoy no less than three presidents—Bush on surveillance, Obama on law enforcement, Trump on Russia. Bush and Obama must have worried about the backlash that would ensue if they derailed Comey and appeared to interfere in the workings of the Department of Justice. Trump has no such hang ups.

There has always been a self-destructive element to Donald Trump, a tendency to undermine the foundation of his life just as it appears to be settling. Perhaps this is the restlessness of a great man, the constant drive of the lionhearted for something better, greater, richer, higher; he'd probably say so. Whatever the cause, it was foolish to imagine that this aspect of his personality would vanish upon his taking the oath of office. He has had trouble translating the style of leadership that brought him financial and campaign success to governing from the White House. His support is deep but not wide, and is attached to him personally, not to the party he leads and its business-friendly program. His desire not to employ anyone who criticized him during the campaign has hampered his ability to recruit. His assumption that the tools that brought him to power will suffice to enact his agenda seems unfounded: It takes more than tweets and interviews and the occasional set piece rally to mobilize public support for a reform of Obamacare or a tax cut or an infrastructure bill or an immigration overhaul. The circus did not end on January 20; the ringmaster did not pause. He rushes from one end of the arena to the other at a whim, picking fights, commenting on the scene, introducing the lion-tamer and stuntmen, hamming it up with the clowns. "Donald Trump is an ad hoc president," wrote Michael Warren (http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-ad-hoc-presidency/article/2007812). "The decisions he makes are by and of the moment, with his aides and staffers and supporters racing to fit them into a message and a policy."

Still, one can't help noticing the ease with which the president has been able to compartmentalize, separate the controversy of the day from the business of government. His achievements are real enough. The economy appears healthy, illegal immigration has plummeted, Neil Gorsuch was confirmed, regulations are being undone, the American Health Care Act made it through the House, foreign policy is far more conventional than many had anticipated. Perhaps Trump keeps pouring fuel on the fire because he wouldn't have it any other way, because he thrives in crisis, revels in it, loves the risk and danger and thrill, wants to struggle, does not know what to do if he isn't fighting, attacking, insulting, offending, agitating, summoning followers to his side and repelling his adversaries. Meanwhile life goes on.

What works for Trump may not work for the Republican Party, however. And if Trump's presidency is to have positive and durable consequences on the border, on the courts, on the markets, on the law, he will need Congress. It's a relationship strained by the feeling of crisis. The Democrats have calculated that their path to the majority depends on outright opposition to anything associated with Trump, and the GOP majority is relatively thin. Senators have power. They are not moved as easily as the House, which as Trump has learned is not exactly intimidated by him either. Does Trump understand that the strength of his presidency rests on the strength of the Republican Congress, that this strength depends on legislative achievement, that the Democrats will move to impeach him the minute they have the House?

Weird as it sounds, the best case scenario may be the one in which we live, where a president defined by crisis, consumed by scandal, presides over a humming economy and a relatively stable international scene, where angry tweets and sarcastic letters of termination and eyebrow-raising asides are the price of a center-right presidency that enforces immigration law, puts constitutionalists on the bench, reduces taxes and regulations, spends a little more on the military, incentivizes capital investment, and tightens labor markets to induce wage hikes. The best-case scenario is that the crisis is limited to Trump, who is defined by it, needs it.

And the worst-case scenario?

I leave that to your imagination.

Gunny
05-13-2017, 06:33 AM
He believes controversy sells. Said so in the art of the deal 35 years ago. It's not how I would do things. But look where he is. i think he really started running for president the day he said Obama wasn't born here.

IMO, that is the mindset of a leftwinger. I see where he is. I STILL believe Trump being President says more about Hillary than it does Trump. I definitely want him to succeed. If he fails, the Dems will be back in office on a campaign slogan of "we told you so". The left creates enough controversy for him. He doesn't need to help them out.

Kathianne
05-13-2017, 07:16 AM

At least that is an explanation. It reinforces my point that the business model he employs may not be the best for the political or governing stages in the country. No doubt, he won. Just hope it isn't the pyrrhic event that all but his core supporters fear.

I don't think it's helping that he seems surrounded by folks that see a huge problem, but he won't listen to them-at least not for long. Notice though that his 'family' are never around for the crisis blow-ups, which does make one agree with you that it's pre-planned. He does know what he's doing, these aren't accidental. He doesn't seem to mind that the 'people' are concerned with what is going on within our government. Perhaps he truly is a genius and all will be better in the end? Or it won't.

pete311
05-13-2017, 09:29 AM
Interesting article from your very own fox news
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/05/12/does-donald-trump-want-to-be-president.html

Gunny
05-13-2017, 09:46 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/05/12/does-donald-trump-want-to-be-president.html

This thread is already full of posts expressing the same as this OpEd. It's not more legitimate because the "OpEd Channel for Republicans" says the same thing.

Kathianne
05-13-2017, 09:57 AM
This thread is already full of posts expressing the same as this OpEd. It's not more legitimate because the "OpEd Channel for Republicans" says the same thing.

So true. None of which makes the point of so many wrong. If those who have been hoping he'd succeed are this concerned, it might behoove his core supporters to pay some heed and try to express some constructive criticism, if for no other reason than to prevent the loss of those who would stand up to the resist movement and loudly criticize the leaders on the left.

Gunny
05-13-2017, 10:14 AM
So true. None of which makes the point of so many wrong. If those who have been hoping he'd succeed are this concerned, it might behoove his core supporters to pay some heed and try to express some constructive criticism, if for no other reason than to prevent the loss of those who would stand up to the resist movement and loudly criticize the leaders on the left.

It is not good when your supporters for whatever reasons start questioning your judgement and level of maturity. He needs to listen to some cooler heads.

Black Diamond
05-13-2017, 10:39 AM
I saw that and yes he wants to be president. The same type of Conspiracy theory was pushed when he was running and he never dropped out.

Kathianne
05-13-2017, 10:42 AM
It is not good when your supporters for whatever reasons start questioning your judgement and level of maturity. He needs to listen to some cooler heads.

And again, from all appearances he is not listening to many, if any, outside of family and related. He sent his longtime bodyguard to deliver the termination letter to FBI headquarters. It appears that it wasn't just Comey that found out about the firing via news reports. Secrecy may work wonders in private business, but leads to suspicion in a president.

This crisis hasn't ended, another gets added, news conferences. Wanna bring some sympathy to the media? Here's a good lesson on how.

Kathianne
05-13-2017, 11:02 AM

and more of what may have been: https://www.the-american-interest.com/2017/05/12/opec-sees-the-writing-on-the-wall/

CRUDE ECONOMICS

OPEC Sees the Writing on the Wall

The oil cartel roped eleven other petrostates into an agreement to curtail production in 2017 and are currently working on extending that deal, but the output cut’s ultimate goal of eating away at the oil market’s glut of crude is being undermined by the actions of suppliers outside of OPEC—U.S. shale producers chief among them. Now, OPEC is revising upwards its estimates of how quickly supplies will grow outside of its membership this year by a whopping 64 percent. Bloomberg reports:

Production from outside the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries will increase by 950,000 barrels a day this year, OPEC said in a report, revising its forecast up by about 370,000. The projection is four times higher than in November, when the group announced a production cut to try and re-balance oversupplied world markets. Non-OPEC nations pump about 60 percent of the world’s oil. […]

“U.S. oil and gas companies have already stepped up activities in 2017 as they start to increase their spending amid a recovery in oil prices,” OPEC’s Vienna-based research department said in the report. “In addition to the growth in the U.S., higher oil production is expected in Canada and Brazil.”

This supply-side surprise comes courtesy of American frackers, who have seized the opportunity afforded them by the petrostate cuts and have ramped up their own production over the past nine months. By cutting costs and boosting efficiencies, U.S. shale has made itself capable of profitably producing $50 per barrel oil.

This is the worst-case scenario for OPEC: whatever success its production limits have in inducing a price rebound, the fruits of those labors will be enjoyed first and foremost by U.S. companies who will find more of their shale operations profitable at higher prices. With projections for growth of non-OPEC supplies being ramped up so dramatically through the end of the year, it’s clear to see that that’s already happening.

revelarts
05-14-2017, 11:20 AM
http://oi64.tinypic.com/mkdrev.jpg

Black Diamond
05-15-2017, 12:30 AM
Schumer says he wants trumps tapes of convos with Comey released if there are any. Chucks better be careful what he wishes for.

Gunny
05-15-2017, 04:22 AM
Schumer says he wants trumps tapes of convos with Comey released if there are any. Chucks better be careful what he wishes for.

Chucky is the embodiment of why Trump is president and what is wrong with Democrats in general. Crybaby whack jobs without a clue waiting ob a handout that'll never come. Not to mention he's just a pain it the ass in general.

Who cares what he wants? Now he's demanding the release of the figment of some leftwinger, conspiracy theory that no one know actually exists. Hell, was it me I'd have a sign over the desk that said: "You are being filmed, taped and watched. Get over it," And Chucky could kiss my ass demanding any-damned-thing.

He's threatening to stand up Congress if they don't have a Special Investigator assigned over the Trump-Russia his own party doesn't even think happened.

If ANYONE needs to be gone after and impeached, he's right up at the top of the list of candidates. We need a Special Prosecutor assigned to tun HIS life upside down. Wonder what we'd find in THAT closet?

Kathianne
05-15-2017, 05:03 AM
It's tricky. After Nixon the Presidential Records Act (https://www.archives.gov/presidential-libraries/laws/1978-act.html) was passed. Of course, unless 'the public' knows of such a system, pretty hard to enforce.

Then there's the tweet, which hints at such. Seems there could well be an investigation of sorts to find such a system. Now who brought up the possibility?

Not Schumer. Not Comey.

Gunny
05-15-2017, 05:18 AM
It's tricky. After Nixon the Presidential Records Act (https://www.archives.gov/presidential-libraries/laws/1978-act.html) was passed. Of course, unless 'the public' knows of such a system, pretty hard to enforce.

Then there's the tweet, which hints at such. Seems there could well be an investigation of sorts to find such a system. Now who brought up the possibility?

Not Schumer. Not Comey.Doesn't really matter WHO brought it up. IMO, the government should spend more time doing what it's supposed to -- taking care of We, the People -- than slinging mud to see what sticks and/or trying to make the other guy look bad.

Where I see a huge difference between right and left is this: Hillary commits a crime(s). The left gives her a pass on everything. Trump fires the FBI director which is in his purview, and he needs to be investigated. Defying all logic, Trump is accused of colluding with the Russians to win a US Presidential election and Schumer wants to beat the proverbial dead horse. What does Russia stand to gain supporting a loose cannon rather than someone they already know they can intimidate of buy?

I haven't changed my stance on Trump. Neither have I changed my stance on the left. The latter make bring it on themselves by their constant antics, drama and delusions and lies. My supporting Trump in any of this argument says more about the left than anything I care about Trump.

Kathianne
05-15-2017, 05:25 AM
Doesn't really matter WHO brought it up. IMO, the government should spend more time doing what it's supposed to -- taking care of We, the People -- than slinging mud to see what sticks and/or trying to make the other guy look bad.

Where I see a huge difference between right and left is this: Hillary commits a crime(s). The left gives her a pass on everything. Trump fires the FBI director which is in his purview, and he needs to be investigated. Defying all logic, Trump is accused of colluding with the Russians to win a US Presidential election and Schumer wants to beat the proverbial dead horse. What does Russia stand to gain supporting a loose cannon rather than someone they already know they can intimidate of buy?

I haven't changed my stance on Trump. Neither have I changed my stance on the left. The latter make bring it on themselves by their constant antics, drama and delusions and lies. My supporting Trump in any of this argument says more about the left than anything I care about Trump.

I've said from the beginning that Trump had the right to fire Comey, just like I think the ban on certain folks from entering the country is legal, at least the second one.

These crises though are not the making of the left, they are a result of Trump's choice in when and how to act. He could have just fired Comey in a normal way-when he was in DC, hell even in the very poor way he did it. Then STFU and work on replacement. He didn't. He creates the smoke.

Gunny
05-15-2017, 08:26 AM
I've said from the beginning that Trump had the right to fire Comey, just like I think the ban on certain folks from entering the country is legal, at least the second one.

These crises though are not the making of the left, they are a result of Trump's choice in when and how to act. He could have just fired Comey in a normal way-when he was in DC, hell even in the very poor way he did it. Then STFU and work on replacement. He didn't. He creates the smoke.I'm not sure what "getting fiired in a normal way" is. The world ain't a nice place. I've seen more than one person fired on the spot. er

Sure it could have been handled differently. When I fired people, it was to their face and I told them why. And yes, you can be "fired" in the Marine Corps. "Sgt S-, I have a quota for Ship's Platoon for the entire float and your name's on it. As a Company Clerk you suck. Maybe you can do better on maintenance". No. I couldn't kick them out of the Corps, but I could get them away from my company. What surprises me in this aspect is that Trump made his rep on "You're FIRED". Sending a lackey seems so un-Trump-like.

As far as the timing goes, oh well. No time like the present to switch courses/change plans than continue to pursue a failing one for appearances.

Kathianne
05-15-2017, 03:41 PM
I'm not sure what "getting fiired in a normal way" is. The world ain't a nice place. I've seen more than one person fired on the spot. er

Sure it could have been handled differently. When I fired people, it was to their face and I told them why. And yes, you can be "fired" in the Marine Corps. "Sgt S-, I have a quota for Ship's Platoon for the entire float and your name's on it. As a Company Clerk you suck. Maybe you can do better on maintenance". No. I couldn't kick them out of the Corps, but I could get them away from my company. What surprises me in this aspect is that Trump made his rep on "You're FIRED". Sending a lackey seems so un-Trump-like.

As far as the timing goes, oh well. No time like the present to switch courses/change plans than continue to pursue a failing one for appearances.

Actually, barring something like theft or insubordination, there's no reason to fire someone publicly as this was done. To deliver the 'letter' via a body guard to an empty office, then release it publicly so that Comey found out via tv reports while recruiting for the FBI is not in good taste. Like him or not, he has spent years in service to the country.

Timing does matter, you saying it doesn't, fails to make it so.

Gunny
05-15-2017, 05:22 PM
Actually, barring something like theft or insubordination, there's no reason to fire someone publicly as this was done. To deliver the 'letter' via a body guard to an empty office, then release it publicly so that Comey found out via tv reports while recruiting for the FBI is not in good taste. Like him or not, he has spent years in service to the country.

I really don't consider that any of our decision. Matter of fact, Tom Landry, then head coach of the Dallas Cowboys found out the same way Jerry Jones had bought the team and hired Jimmy Johnson as head coach -- he turned on the TV. And while your political mind may think otherwise, Landry being dispatched that way was a crime. Most Cowboys fans wanted to take Jones to the nearest tree with a rope. And I consider Comey NOWHERE near as important as Tom Landry.

Like I said, the world's not a nice place and you can't expect everyone else to play by your rules.

gabosaurus
05-15-2017, 05:35 PM

I have come to realize that Trump and his team are masters of spin. Whatever gaffes happen, there is always a "reason" for such that manage to pin others with the blame. Which leads to the reports that Kellyanne Conway, Sean Spicer and a few others are (a) about to be fired (b) about to resign or (c) just plain pissed off about shouldering the blame. There was even an unconfirmed report last week that Pence had threatened to resign if Trump continues to make decisions and leave him out of the loop.
No matter what, Trump is usually backed up by releases from breitbart or other conservative blogs that exonerate him.

Gunny
05-16-2017, 07:45 AM
I have come to realize that Trump and his team are masters of spin. Whatever gaffes happen, there is always a "reason" for such that manage to pin others with the blame. Which leads to the reports that Kellyanne Conway, Sean Spicer and a few others are (a) about to be fired (b) about to resign or (c) just plain pissed off about shouldering the blame. There was even an unconfirmed report last week that Pence had threatened to resign if Trump continues to make decisions and leave him out of the loop.
No matter what, Trump is usually backed up by releases from breitbart or other conservative blogs that exonerate him.

oh brother.:rolleyes:

Gabby, meth is bad for you:laugh: