PDA

View Full Version : Potential new FBI Director

jimnyc
05-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Who have you guys heard about? Who would be a favorite if you got to choose? Maybe choose a few?

Giuliani is my top pick! And my 2nd pick too!! :)

pete311
05-12-2017, 01:13 PM
From what I've read Giuliani is not being seriously considered. Mike Rogers seems to be leading. He wouldn't be a bad choice. Plenty of experience.

NightTrain
05-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Who have you guys heard about? Who would be a favorite if you got to choose? Maybe choose a few?

Giuliani is my top pick! And my 2nd pick too!! :)

Sheriff Joe? The fireworks for that would be priceless.

Also, David Clarke.

Giuliani would be good.

I said in another thread that Gowdy would be perfect, but we need him where he is in the House. How long would it take to clone him?

jimnyc
05-12-2017, 01:15 PM
From what I've read Giuliani is not being seriously considered. Mike Rogers seems to be leading. He wouldn't be a bad choice. Plenty of experience.

Yup, I saw him listed on a few pages too. I even saw Chris Christie listed, but I would imagine that's a longshot. I highly doubt the current acting director will get a chance.

pete311
05-12-2017, 01:17 PM
Also, David Clarke.

I live in Milwaukee and I know you think I'm a some liberal shrill, but David Clarke is a disaster. He's a complete wacko even if you agree on some of his campaign tag lines. Giuliani makes my skin crawl but I'd much much rather have him than Cowboy Clarke.

jimnyc
05-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Sheriff Joe? The fireworks for that would be priceless.

Also, David Clarke.

Giuliani would be good.

I said in another thread that Gowdy would be perfect, but we need him where he is in the House. How long would it take to clone him?

Oh man, I think Gowdy would actually be perfect though. He would go in and kick some ass! Sheriff Joe, I love him, but he's 84 years old. I love David Clarke, pretty much every last thing I've ever seen of him over the years. I'd have to get the collective feedback from that area, but 'ol Pete here on the board says that he actually sucks where he works and the jail system he controls.

pete311
05-12-2017, 01:21 PM
I love David Clarke, pretty much every last thing I've ever seen of him over the years. I'd have to get the collective feedback from that area, but 'ol Pete here on the board says that he actually sucks where he works and the jail system he controls.

Oh my, you can trust me when I say Trump is much more qualified for his job than Clarke for FBI director. Yes I said that. Please believe me when I say Clarke would be terrible for the nation being put in such a high position.

pete311
05-12-2017, 01:23 PM
There is a reason Trump didn't put Clarke anywhere even when Clarke was essentially blowing him. It's not to wait and put him as FBI director it's that Trump knows Clarke is all marketing. No substance.

jimnyc
05-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Oh my, you can trust me when I say Trump is much more qualified for his job than Clarke for FBI director. Yes I said that. Please believe me when I say Clarke would be terrible for the nation being put in such a high position.

I still love all the stances I have seen him take over the years - but a quick search on his approval ratings in his local area, for Milwaukee County I guess it is? Shows he has some piss poor feedback. :(

NightTrain
05-12-2017, 01:35 PM
I don't know... these are some pretty good looking stats :

... among registered Democrats, only 13% said they would vote for Clarke in a hypothetical Democratic primary, compared to 82% who would prefer another candidate.

The funny thing is, Clarke is a registered Democrat. And he's more conservative than most Republicans. Such an enigma.

pete311
05-12-2017, 01:39 PM
I still love all the stances I have seen him take over the years - but a quick search on his approval ratings in his local area, for Milwaukee County I guess it is? Shows he has some piss poor feedback. :(

You can somehow make an argument he's good for sheriff, but FBI Director is no joke and is a technical job. Mike Rogers is 10x the candidate.

pete311
05-12-2017, 01:42 PM
The funny thing is, Clarke is a registered Democrat. And he's more conservative than most Republicans. Such an enigma.

Show how fucked the system is. MKE County is highly liberal. Sometimes party affiliation means more than their actual views. Especially for those that just read headlines.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Gowdy, Gowdy, Gowdy, send him to burn the libs/dems/leftists as a great big Howdy!!! -:laugh:--Tyr

Kathianne
05-12-2017, 02:02 PM
FOX speculation:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/12/comey-replacements-white-house-confirms-shortlist-to-head-fbi.html

NightTrain
05-12-2017, 02:14 PM
Pretty good write-up on Clarke by NR :

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/417509/david-clarke-sheriff-rebel-charles-c-w-cooke

Gunny
05-12-2017, 03:19 PM
First off, we need Gowdy where he is. Second, was DA of SpartanBurg County, SC. He's lawyer, not a cop.

Clarke creates too much controversy just being Clarke.

My choice would be Lt Joe Kenda, the Homicide Hunter. :laugh: That dude wrote the book on sarcastic wit.

Trump needs to be careful messing with Government civilian employees. They WILL gang up and stab even the President in the back. I refer you to Linda Tripp and Monicagate. She only spilled the beans SFTER Clinton deleted her job and she was forced to take a lower position.