PDA

View Full Version : The Russians

Kathianne
05-13-2017, 07:45 AM
Most of us read way more news than the average person, I suspect. Yet, at least for myself the whole 'Russian involvement' in our elections and other countries has left me a bit stumped. Oh, I get that they've been trying to throw dirt at those they'd prefer not to be elected, leaving a bigger opening for those they do. The problem is that there really are some weird going ons to understand their game.

Most recent: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/12/russian-linked-cyber-gang-shadow-brokers-blamed-nhs-computer/

Seems the hackers of intel data have been tied-perhaps loosely, perhaps not, to the Russian government.

Then there have been an unceasing number of reports of Russian fighter jets coming close to US ships and planes. I read that it's not unusual for it to happen, but not like it's been occurring as of late. The latest was an armed jet:

http://nypost.com/2017/05/12/russian-fighter-jet-comes-within-20-feet-of-us-navy-aircraft/

I have no doubt that Russia is up to something, just not sure it's what the Democrats are hoping for.

Gunny
05-13-2017, 08:39 AM
Most of us read way more news than the average person, I suspect. Yet, at least for myself the whole 'Russian involvement' in our elections and other countries has left me a bit stumped. Oh, I get that they've been trying to throw dirt at those they'd prefer not to be elected, leaving a bigger opening for those they do. The problem is that there really are some weird going ons to understand their game.

Most recent: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/12/russian-linked-cyber-gang-shadow-brokers-blamed-nhs-computer/

Seems the hackers of intel data have been tied-perhaps loosely, perhaps not, to the Russian government.

Then there have been an unceasing number of reports of Russian fighter jets coming close to US ships and planes. I read that it's not unusual for it to happen, but not like it's been occurring as of late. The latest was an armed jet:

http://nypost.com/2017/05/12/russian-fighter-jet-comes-within-20-feet-of-us-navy-aircraft/

I have no doubt that Russia is up to something, just not sure it's what the Democrats are hoping for."Flexing muscle" is dumb, and usually leads to confrontation whether or not it's by design. Russia seems to be getting increasingly confrontational in all aspects. Putin fancies himself some kind of military genius a la Hitler (meaning Hitler was THE biggest reason Germany lost WWII). He (Putin) is probably trying to stake claim to the entire region or is testing Trump.

Just a guess.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-13-2017, 09:23 AM
"Flexing muscle" is dumb, and usually leads to confrontation whether or not it's by design. Russia seems to be getting increasingly confrontational in all aspects. Putin fancies himself some kind of military genius a la Hitler (meaning Hitler was THE biggest reason Germany lost WWII). He (Putin) is probably trying to stake claim to the entire region or is testing Trump.

Just a guess.

Testing for weakness, is a well known and oft tried tactic. If china is left out of the equation the two great powers in the world today are USA and Russia, both nuked up to the MAX.
PUTIN GOT USED TO THE WEAKEST PREZ WE HAVE EVER HAD --THE BASTARD OBAMA, SO NOW HE HAS TO REESTABLISH HIS FOOTING, BOTH WITH
USA AND THE REST OF THE WORLD.
A dangerous game he plays, because should one of his pilots make a huge blunder we could end up in WW3.

What we on the right understand is that the dog obama was a coward in foreign policy.
He bowed down to our enemies,kissed their asses and insulted our allies. That is the reality of it and is also why the world i a much more dangerous place.
Trump now faces a world that hates us even more and is far more dangerous thanks tho the left/muslim monkey named obama.-Tyr

Gunny
05-13-2017, 09:41 AM
Testing for weakness, is a well known and oft tried tactic. If china is left out of the equation the two great powers in the world today are USA and Russia, both nuked up to the MAX.
PUTIN GOT USED TO THE WEAKEST PREZ WE HAVE EVER HAD --THE BASTARD OBAMA, SO NOW HE HAS TO REESTABLISH HIS FOOTING, BOTH WITH
USA AND THE REST OF THE WORLD.
A dangerous game he plays, because should one of his pilots make a huge blunder we could end up in WW3.

What we on the right understand is that the dog obama was a coward in foreign policy.
He bowed down to our enemies,kissed their asses and insulted our allies. That is the reality of it and is also why the world i a much more dangerous place.
Trump now faces a world that hates us even more and is far more dangerous thanks tho the left/muslim monkey named obama.-Tyr

I would say he is trying to send a message that the control he has had over the region isn't going to change because Trump is now President.