PDA

View Full Version : So...

Gunny
05-13-2017, 10:20 AM
... I walked down to the stop sign this morning without the dastardly cane. About 4 blocks 1-way. The guy that's always rolling around here in his Rascal (I think he has MS) rolls up beside me and asks if I need help. I was thinking I must be more of a sight than I thought.:laugh:
jimnyc would love this guy. Steelers hat, t, key ring ...:laugh:

Kathianne
05-13-2017, 10:46 AM
... I walked down to the stop sign this morning without the dastardly cane. About 4 blocks 1-way. The guy that's always rolling around here in his Rascal (I think he has MS) rolls up beside me and asks if I need help. I was thinking I must be more of a sight than I thought.:laugh:
@jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) would love this guy. Steelers hat, t, key ring ...:laugh:

When you said, 'one-way' I was wondering how you were getting back!

Gunny
05-13-2017, 11:03 AM
When you said, 'one-way' I was wondering how you were getting back!

I think HE was wondering that too.:laugh:

:laugh:

Kathianne
05-13-2017, 11:14 AM
I think HE was wondering that too.:laugh:

:laugh:

That reminds me of one of our explorations when my brother was visiting. I know I posted a picture at Slide Park, where I said something like, "This old lady had to climb down this..." What I didn't write was that at another point, I climbed too high, afraid to go back down. LOL!

I'm sitting, basically on a cliff, pondering how to get down or get food sent up. My brother and SIL are standing at the bottom, saying, "Try this..." of course I can't listen. Then some nice young people start to gather, my angel brother starts in, "She's been doing stupid things like this forever, climbing trees then freaking out. Once a neighbor had to call the fire department..." I love my brother but could have killed him at that moment, IF I could have gotten down a bit more quickly.

Gunny
05-13-2017, 11:30 AM
That reminds me of one of our explorations when my brother was visiting. I know I posted a picture at Slide Park, where I said something like, "This old lady had to climb down this..." What I didn't write was that at another point, I climbed too high, afraid to go back down. LOL!

I'm sitting, basically on a cliff, pondering how to get down or get food sent up. My brother and SIL are standing at the bottom, saying, "Try this..." of course I can't listen. Then some nice young people start to gather, my angel brother starts in, "She's been doing stupid things like this forever, climbing trees then freaking out. Once a neighbor had to call the fire department..." I love my brother but could have killed him at that moment, IF I could have gotten down a bit more quickly.

Yeha, I'm a lot better at climbing than I am getting back down. Hell. I'm back on the sofa downstairs. My daughter evicted me from upstairs because she didn't want me falling down the stairs while I was sick. Works for me. I like it down here better anyway. More convenient. However, as soon as I get this shoulder back in shape I'm getting my privacy back. :)

jimnyc
05-13-2017, 12:48 PM
jimnyc would love this guy. Steelers hat, t, key ring ...:laugh:

I'd like to get a real nice walking stick, or cane, or whatever you call them. If anyone watches The Walking Dead, something like what Morgan has!

Gunny
05-13-2017, 02:01 PM
I'd like to get a real nice walking stick, or cane, or whatever you call them. If anyone watches The Walking Dead, something like what Morgan has!

I know ZE-RO about the Walking Dead. I don't like zombie flicks and never have. I think I saw Dawn of the Dead (the original back in the 70s) but that was just an excuse to get my date to the drive-in. :)

Having to use a cane for its intended purpose and trying to look cool. Using it as intended, it's REALLY hard on the shoulder.

It's all good. That's the farthest I've walked without that cursed cane since getting out of the hospital. My goal is to be able to run at least a mile. Have to be able to walk it first.

jimnyc
05-13-2017, 02:10 PM
I know ZE-RO about the Walking Dead. I don't like zombie flicks and never have. I think I saw Dawn of the Dead (the original back in the 70s) but that was just an excuse to get my date to the drive-in. :)

Having to use a cane for its intended purpose and trying to look cool. Using it as intended, it's REALLY hard on the shoulder.

It's all good. That's the farthest I've walked without that cursed cane since getting out of the hospital. My goal is to be able to run at least a mile. Have to be able to walk it first.

Here's Morgan on the show, kicking some ass...

https://i.imgur.com/2eDhv9D.png

Gunny
05-13-2017, 02:20 PM
Here's Morgan on the show, kicking some ass...

https://i.imgur.com/2eDhv9D.png

I know how to us a bo (long staff) and jo (short staff). My weapons of choice in karate. Everyone else wanted to beat themselves silly with the nunchaku. One advantage is it is a left-handed weapon and I am left handed.

Again, not the same as using a cane to walk with and putting the weight on your shoulder.

jimnyc
05-13-2017, 02:27 PM
I know how to us a bo (long staff) and jo (short staff). My weapons of choice in karate. Everyone else wanted to beat themselves silly with the nunchaku. One advantage is it is a left-handed weapon and I am left handed.

Again, not the same as using a cane to walk with and putting the weight on your shoulder.

I hear ya fucker. I just want it for appearance solely. Although, I would imagine the need will be there for me someday, and I'll be prepared. :)

And using a cane to reduce pain or weight on the shoulder SUCKS! The best thing for both of those - sitting in a recliner. https://i.imgur.com/4P7d8Oa.gif

Abbey Marie
05-13-2017, 03:52 PM

I'm picturing this:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9938&stc=1

CSM
05-13-2017, 05:21 PM
One step at a time, Gunny. I know how frustrating it all can be, especially now. I am in the process of hand carving a staff for myself. Wood carving is one of my hobbies so I figured I would put it to good use and do something for myself. Hang in there!

My latest goal is to be able to walk to the end of my street (about 500 feet) and back without having to take a nap after. I surely miss salt and sugar...haven't had time to miss nicotine yet. I am adapting however.

Gunny
05-13-2017, 06:55 PM
One step at a time, Gunny. I know how frustrating it all can be, especially now. I am in the process of hand carving a staff for myself. Wood carving is one of my hobbies so I figured I would put it to good use and do something for myself. Hang in there!

My latest goal is to be able to walk to the end of my street (about 500 feet) and back without having to take a nap after. I surely miss salt and sugar...haven't had time to miss nicotine yet. I am adapting however.

I DID want to sit down on the curb a few times on the way back:laugh: I can cure your nap problem too. One's 4 and one's 8. :(