PDA

View Full Version : In America We Don’t Worship Government, We Worship God’

jimnyc
05-13-2017, 12:44 PM
Trump delivered the commencement speech at Liberty University. I loved some of the speech, politics removed of course!

---

President Donald Trump’s First Commencement Speech: ‘In America We Don’t Worship Government, We Worship God’

President Donald Trump gave his first commencement speech at Liberty University on Saturday, encouraging “dreamers” to ignore critics, take risks, never quit, and remember that “in America we don’t worship government, we worship God.”

President Trump told the graduates that they are “graduating to a totally brilliant future.”

“Each of you should take immense pride in what you have achieved,” he told them.

Trump specifically recognized graduates who have served in the military, “It is truly a testament to this university and to the values that you embrace, that your graduating class includes so many patriots who have served our country in uniform.”

He also thanked Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. and members of the Falwell family.

“You are about to begin the greatest adventure of your life,” said Trump who remarked how blessed the graduates are.

Ask yourself, with all of those blessings and all of the blessings that you have been given, what will you give back to this country and indeed to the world, what imprint will you leave in the sands of history? What will future Americans say we did in our brief time right here on earth. Did we take risks? Did we dare to defy expectations? Did we challenge accepted wisdom and take on established systems? I think I did, but we all did and we’re all doing it. Or did we just go along with convention, swim downstream, so easily with the current and just give in because it was the easy way, it was the traditional way or it was the accepted way? Remember this: nothing worth doing ever, ever, ever came easy. Following your convictions means you must be willing to face criticism from those that lack the same courage to do what is right and they know what is right but they don’t have the same courage or guts or stamina to take it and to do it. It’s called the road less traveled.

Trump said that he knows each graduate will be “a warrior for the truth”, “a warrior for our country and for your family.” He encouraged them that they will do what is right even when it isn’t easy, “You will be true to yourself, your family, your beliefs.”

The President then referred to what he has seen so far in his short time serving in Washington, D.C.:

I’ve seen firsthand how the system is broken. A small group of failed voices who think they know everything and understand everyone want to tell everybody else how to live and what to do and how to think, but you aren’t going to let other people tell you what you believe, especially when you know that you’re right.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/13/president-donald-trumps-1st-commencement-speech-america-dont-worship-government-worship-god/

Trump Delivers Commencement Address At Liberty U

President Donald Trump received a standing ovation for his commencement address at Liberty University on Saturday after he told graduates, “as long as you…have faith in your God, then you will not fail.”

The President began his speech by blasting “pathetic” critics, hinting at his own ascent the presidency, and went on to talk about his executive order on religious freedom before giving graduates a strong piece of advice: “never, ever give up.”

“As long as I am your president, no one is ever going to stop you from practicing your faith or from preaching what is in your heart.”

Perhaps the most inspiring part of President Trump’s speech was the last several minutes, which ultimately led the large crowd of 18,000 graduates to give him a standing ovation.

“As long as you have pride in your beliefs, courage in your convictions, and faith in your God, then you will not fail,” he said to applause. “And as long as America remains true to its values, loyal to its citizens, and devoted to its creators, then our best days are yet to come. I can promise you that.”

“This has been an exceptional morning. It’s been a great honor for me…May God bless the Class of 2017, may God bless the United States of America, and may God bless all of you here today,” he finished.

Trump previously spoke at the Christian university during the Republican presidential primary race.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/13/trump-delivers-commencement-address-at-liberty-u-video/

Abbey Marie
05-13-2017, 03:59 PM
Nice.

And I understand that unlike liberal universities, these Christian students treated Bernie Sanders, (prob not someone they'd agree with much on), with respect as well.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-13-2017, 05:25 PM
Nice.

And I understand that unlike liberal universities, these Christian students treated Bernie Sanders, (prob not someone they'd agree with much on), with respect as well.

TRUMP GAVE A GREAT SPEECH , SO UNLIKE THE OBAMA WHO RUSHED TO PROCLAIM , -- AMERICA IS NO LONGER A CHRISTIAN NATION..
We need to remember the thing that ruled over us for those 8 years and thank God that truly evil and scummy thing is gone!-Tyr

aboutime
05-13-2017, 06:52 PM
We also know. All of the Whining, Crying, Liberal, Democrat, Progressive, Leftists who hate Trump, Honesty, and Truth....WORSHIP BIG GOVERNMENT because it replaces their need to be personally responsible for their own LIVES.