PDA

View Full Version : Kaepernick remains unemployed

jimnyc
05-13-2017, 05:44 PM
Kaepernick still hasn't found any takers since last season ended. Hell, from what I understand, he hasn't even had any interviews. Is it because he protested the Flag and our song for so long? No one will ever say that of course. Will he bring bad press with him? Do owners perhaps just not like him as a result? Or is it perhaps he was playing crappy, and his numbers showed him really as just an average QB?

Or has Karma paid a visit? :)

Kathianne
05-13-2017, 05:57 PM
Kaepernick still hasn't found any takers since last season ended. Hell, from what I understand, he hasn't even had any interviews. Is it because he protested the Flag and our song for so long? No one will ever say that of course. Will he bring bad press with him? Do owners perhaps just not like him as a result? Or is it perhaps he was playing crappy, and his numbers showed him really as just an average QB?

Or has Karma paid a visit? :)

How were the NFL ratings with his knee thing and the league's response? My guess that is the bottom line. (pun intended). :laugh2:

Elessar
05-13-2017, 06:04 PM
I have to think it is a combination of "All of the Above".

For one, the majority of NFL fans are pretty damn patriotic, many more openly
than others. To support and carry a person who reflects negatively on the Team and
the League might be too much of a burden and risk. After all, the league and team are
both businesses when it comes down to it. The fans are the ones supporting his paycheck
as well as the others on the team. If the fanbase withdraws support, who suffers? The entire
team is who.

Then, there are the proven stats that show his productivity fell off badly enough that he was benched.
Something like $21 million a year to ride the pine? A huge liability to be sure.

Then...his smug personality. Is he likable? Not in the least as far as I am concerned.

Perhaps the perfect NFL Poster Child for "Karma can be a Bitch!"

aboutime
05-13-2017, 06:21 PM
His move to take that EXPENSIVE knee showed how bragging really works.

aboutime
05-13-2017, 07:55 PM
http://icansayit.com/images/national.jpg

Gunny
05-13-2017, 08:56 PM

Or has Karma paid a visit? :)All of the above.

CSM
05-14-2017, 05:43 AM
I heard a rumor that he is in job training down at the unemployment office. He is having trouble with the "Do you want to supersize that?" section....

Gunny
05-14-2017, 08:09 AM
I heard a rumor that he is in job training down at the unemployment office. He is having trouble with the "Do you want to supersize that?" section....He's an idiot. He had it all and threw it because he can't tell the difference between work and off-time.

Having led a few "teams" (the principle of leading a team is same anywhere, I wouldn't want him. He's poison. He's divisive and shows his petty little personal political "convictions" are more important than being a team player to win. If you're a controversial douche and even Jerry Jones hasn't made you an offer, you're in a hurt locker.

Who wants to take all that grief for a 3rd string QB?

Abbey Marie
05-14-2017, 12:19 PM
My thinking is if he was playing really well, he'd get hired by someone. But mediocre play plus baggage is not appealing to anyone.

Gunny
05-14-2017, 12:50 PM
My thinking is if he was playing really well, he'd get hired by someone. But mediocre play plus baggage is not appealing to anyone.

I have a theory. Notice his play went down as his attitude went up? Especially when he decided to be a raghead? He got a LOT skinnier eating raghead crap food. It doesn't provide the nutrition an athlete needs. Not eating right messes with you speed, coordination, power and endurance, And you go from starter to third. If you don't WANT the job, somebody else WILL take it.

Bilgerat
05-18-2017, 11:58 AM
As my Ma would say;

My nose fair bleeds for the lad

Gunny
05-18-2017, 12:05 PM
As my Ma would say;

My nose fair bleeds for the ladI'm waiting for the lawsuit.:laugh: I want to see in which manner he twists it around to be the NFL's fault.

i hear there's job opportunities in Iraq for people of his conviction. They can sign him to a "until you blow up or are deemed no longer viable as propaganda" contract. :)

NightTrain
05-18-2017, 01:59 PM
I wonder if he made enough money last year to last the rest of his life...?

Somehow I don't think he did. Tsk.

Gunny
05-18-2017, 02:10 PM
I wonder if he made enough money last year to last the rest of his life...?

Somehow I don't think he did. Tsk.You're paying me a multi-million dollar contract to play football I can keep my mouth shut REAL damned good.:laugh:

Russ
05-18-2017, 07:58 PM
The hilarious thing is that Kaepernick voluntarily 'opted out' of $14.5 million of salary for 2017, just so he could become the free agent that he will remain for the forseeable future. I guess he really thought some team would make him their starting QB. If he hadn't opted out, the Niners would have had to pay him the $14.5 million whether they played him or not. Lololol! :lol:

Black Diamond
05-18-2017, 08:22 PM
The hilarious thing is that Kaepernick voluntarily 'opted out' of $14.5 million of salary for 2017, just so he could become the free agent that he will remain for the forseeable future. I guess he really thought some team would make him their starting QB. If he hadn't opted out, the Niners would have had to pay him the $14.5 million whether they played him or not. Lololol! :lol:
I am actually surprised he hasn't been picked up.

Gunny
05-18-2017, 08:34 PM
I am actually surprised he hasn't been picked up.

I am, and then again no. Whoever said it earlier, if he was better than 3d string, someone would probably have picked him up. As it stands, you have to weigh the value of a 3d string QB against the baggage he brings. He's a PR nightmare.

I just don't see it. If he plays, my bet's it'll be because someone gets injured and they need a QB in a hurry.

Black Diamond
05-18-2017, 08:36 PM
I am, and then again no. Whoever said it earlier, if he was better than 3d string, someone would probably have picked him up. As it stands, you have to weigh the value of a 3d string QB against the baggage he brings. He's a PR nightmare.

I just don't see it. If he plays, my bet's it'll be because someone gets injured and they need a QB in a hurry.
I thought I heard he had decent numbers last year ? I thought this was political and rightfully so.

Gunny
05-18-2017, 08:49 PM
I thought I heard he had decent numbers last year ? I thought this was political and rightfully so.
I honestly don't know the specific reason(s). I hope he never plays another down. Look at him the same way I do these Hollyweird types that use their access to the media to spout off their political views. I won't knowingly pay to watch or own their crap.

I pay to watch professional football players play football. Do your politics on your own damned time. And if you're going to disrerspect my Nation? Get the f- out. Go somewhere ypu can be proud of like Venezuela.

Black Diamond
05-18-2017, 09:49 PM
I honestly don't know the specific reason(s). I hope he never plays another down. Look at him the same way I do these Hollyweird types that use their access to the media to spout off their political views. I won't knowingly pay to watch or own their crap.

I pay to watch professional football players play football. Do your politics on your own damned time. And if you're going to disrerspect my Nation? Get the f- out. Go somewhere ypu can be proud of like Venezuela.
I skipped the whole season because of it. Turned It on during the playoffs. Thing is, others will follow CrappyDick's lead now.

Gunny
05-18-2017, 10:01 PM
I skipped the whole season because of it. Turned It on during the playoffs. Thing is, others will follow CrappyDick's lead now.
I hit and miss NFL football. I might catch a game here and there if there is absolutely nothing on. I basically quit watching when the Patriots won their first SB. I smelled a rat. They beat Oakland Pittsburgh in the playoffs by some ridiculous officiating. A couple of months after 9/11 what better named team to go to the SB that "the Patriots"? I called bullshit and the NFL lost a fan. I already thought their officiating sucked going back to the 80s.

KappedOffDick is is just another reason to not watch it.

Black Diamond
05-18-2017, 10:14 PM
I hit and miss NFL football. I might catch a game here and there if there is absolutely nothing on. I basically quit watching when the Patriots won their first SB. I smelled a rat. They beat Oakland Pittsburgh in the playoffs by some ridiculous officiating. A couple of months after 9/11 what better named team to go to the SB that "the Patriots"? I called bullshit and the NFL lost a fan. I already thought their officiating sucked going back to the 80s.

KappedOffDick is is just another reason to not watch it.
I actually turned it on for playoffs in the hopes Brady could the screw the commissioner by winning it all. And because nfl fans hate Brady and New England.

Gunny
05-18-2017, 10:19 PM
Another reason is the NFL itself. I think that crap with Tom Brady was just that ... crap. And I don't like the Patriots at all. And this holier than thou crap with how players should behave off the field because they're "role models". Role models for WHAT?

Adrian Peterson gets suspended for spanking his kid too hard but the NFL does nothing to Kapperdick? Whose role model is he? Every leftwingnut, spoiled little baby that disrespects the Nation that allows them to?

Black Diamond
05-18-2017, 10:21 PM
Another reason is the NFL itself. I think that crap with Tom Brady was just that ... crap. And I don't like the Patriots at all. And this holier than thou crap with how players should behave off the field because they're "role models". Role models for WHAT?

Adrian Peterson gets suspended for spanking his kid too hard but the NFL does nothing to Kapperdick? Whose role model is he? Every leftwingnut, spoiled little baby that disrespects the Nation that allows them to?
and let's not forget Ray Rice getting a one game suspension for punching his fiancé out and dragging her out of an elevator. That was a one game suspension before tmz leaked the video.

Gunny
05-23-2017, 09:55 AM
and let's not forget Ray Rice getting a one game suspension for punching his fiancé out and dragging her out of an elevator. That was a one game suspension before tmz leaked the video.Here's my role model ... down 35 to zip and I make ONE (count them) good play and I'm going to dance all in your backfield like I just made the play that won the Superbowl ...

... or just as bad, we're kicking your butt 35-0 and dance all in your backfield talking trash because you're the SB champions playing the Cleveland Clowns. I know I'm impressed when I beat a team that can't beat anyone but itself.

Elessar
05-23-2017, 11:03 AM
The 'dancing' and celebrating has gotten out of hand.

What happened to just flipping the ball to the Ref after scoring, a la
Jim Brown or John Riggins?

What happened to simply returning to the defensive huddle after
a sack or tackle for a loss?

If I wanted to watch Dancing With The Stars, I would tune that in.

Gunny
05-23-2017, 12:21 PM

If I wanted to watch Dancing With The Stars, I would tune that in.I don't have any idea. I never played like that as a kid, in HE nor in the Marine Corps. Our own coach would've kicked our butts. I played defense and we just went back to the huddle. I really don't think any of us ever even thought of acting like that. I'd let laying your a$$ out do my talking. :dev: All it takes is the next play to put egg on your face.

Black Diamond
05-23-2017, 12:36 PM
Here's my role model ... down 35 to zip and I make ONE (count them) good play and I'm going to dance all in your backfield like I just made the play that won the Superbowl ...

... or just as bad, we're kicking your butt 35-0 and dance all in your backfield talking trash because you're the SB champions playing the Cleveland Clowns. I know I'm impressed when I beat a team that can't beat anyone but itself.

Re the bolded: With an 0-9 record no less

Abbey Marie
05-23-2017, 12:51 PM

If I wanted to watch Dancing With The Stars, I would tune that in.

What gets me is how they run away from their team mates after a TD, to be sure they stand out even more

aboutime
05-23-2017, 06:00 PM
What gets me is how they run away from their team mates after a TD, to be sure they stand out even more

Abbey. Guess you forgot. Most of them are nothing but overgrown children who may have graduated from a college, but threw all of their education away for a TV roll, a bank account, and the ability to BEAT THEIR WIVES???

pete311
05-23-2017, 06:02 PM
Abbey. Guess you forgot. Most of them are nothing but overgrown children who may have graduated from a college, but threw all of their education away for a TV roll, a bank account, and the ability to BEAT THEIR WIVES???

Please show me proof of this at least 51%. Show me or you are a liar.

aboutime
05-23-2017, 06:08 PM
Please show me proof of this at least 51%. Show me or you are a liar.

Petey. No need to prove anything to you. You aren't worthy of it, and wouldn't believe it anyway. If I am a liar. I guess I've failed at being just like you.

Gunny
05-23-2017, 07:45 PM
Petey. No need to prove anything to you. You aren't worthy of it, and wouldn't believe it anyway. If I am a liar. I guess I've failed at being just like you.Am I missing something? I don't see where Pete's response equates to what he quoted? What 51%?

Black Diamond
05-23-2017, 07:59 PM
Am I missing something? I don't see where Pete's response equates to what he quoted? What 51%?
Most and 51%

aboutime
05-23-2017, 08:15 PM
Most and 51%

Black Diamond. Don't worry about it. petey is confused, bothered, miserable, and running out of DNC talking point sentences to lay on us. We are expected to prove something he will always disagree with...even if it's more than the 51% he is demanding. That's merely another DNC tactic they use when unable to HONESTLY answer questions.