PDA

View Full Version : Forming Cracks?

fritzgeraldlamour
05-15-2017, 07:53 PM
With leaks coming from the FBI, CIA and the White House itself, can we view this rush to leak as evidence of forming cracks?

jimnyc
05-15-2017, 07:57 PM
With leaks coming from the FBI, CIA and the White House itself, can we view this rush to leak as evidence of forming cracks?

Care to expand? For example, since we don't know the leakers - are they perhaps left overs from the Obama era, trying to inflict damage, whether the leaks are factual or not? That would be my guess.

Black Diamond
05-15-2017, 07:58 PM
Care to expand? For example, since we don't know the leakers - are they perhaps left overs from the Obama era, trying to inflict damage, whether the leaks are factual or not? That would be my guess.
I am sure a lot of them are Obama leftovers.

fritzgeraldlamour
05-15-2017, 08:03 PM
“It’s total chaos,” said one former transition team official with close ties to the administration.

“It’s image-making on the inside and people trying to protect themselves. There is a deep streak of paranoia among staff. The communications team shit the bed on the Comey firing and now the war with the FBI has them all scared and throwing each other under the bus.
"Thank God I don’t work there. If I did, I’d be dialing up my attorney.”

same article. From Matt Drudge, a trump ally

“Trump advisers leaking to media are now deliberately sabotaging presidency. Major house cleaning needed for survival. Leaks on hour, every hour, will destroy Trump presidency. There's a Trojan horse plotting within the inner circle!”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/333031-trumps-comey-firing-sets-off-new-round-of-leaks

jimnyc
05-15-2017, 08:08 PM
“It’s total chaos,” said one former transition team official with close ties to the administration.

“It’s image-making on the inside and people trying to protect themselves. There is a deep streak of paranoia among staff. The communications team shit the bed on the Comey firing and now the war with the FBI has them all scared and throwing each other under the bus.
"Thank God I don’t work there. If I did, I’d be dialing up my attorney.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/333031-trumps-comey-firing-sets-off-new-round-of-leaks

I'm sure some do feel that way. But I wonder more about such things like what came out today - and who these folks are on the "inside" that are making such leaks - even if they aren't true. So much shit tossed at him, day after day after day, and seemingly no evidence comes from it. The only negatives at all in his presidency are those lame things of his own doing.

But the leaks, and where from, and who is leaking them - that's of more importance. The Dems are playing baby games and mostly avoiding their duties to go on attack and come up empty.

How's the sausage been for you lately, Howey?

Kathianne
05-15-2017, 08:10 PM
Even 'friends of Trump' said that the way Trump fired, then trashed Comey would create more leaks from intel. He was the one that picked fights with intelligence community from the get go.

Without a doubt the media will crucify him every chance they get. Some things are beyond his control, yet so many of these 'attacks' have been from himself via social media and speaking 'off the cuff' in interviews. Every single time I've thought, 'finally, a bit of normal is happening,' he does it again. It doesn't make sense.

fritzgeraldlamour
05-15-2017, 08:42 PM
I'm sure some do feel that way. But I wonder more about such things like what came out today - and who these folks are on the "inside" that are making such leaks - even if they aren't true. So much shit tossed at him, day after day after day, and seemingly no evidence comes from it. The only negatives at all in his presidency are those lame things of his own doing.

But the leaks, and where from, and who is leaking them - that's of more importance. The Dems are playing baby games and mostly avoiding their duties to go on attack and come up empty.

How's the sausage been for you lately, Howey?

I'm concerned Republican voters are putting party before country. That's scary.

Black Diamond
05-15-2017, 08:45 PM
How so? Should they be pushing the conspiracy theories the way the dem voters are ?

jimnyc
05-15-2017, 08:48 PM

That's comical!

The democrats abandoned their jobs the day Trump was inaugurated to work FT going after him.

Trump has been working from the day he was inaugurated but the MSM and the democrats are making the job twice as hard with their whining at ever step, so the work has to be done and the non-stop answering of unnecessary questions.

Wrong when wrong and right when right. But don't make an entire presidency about attacking the man.

Gunny
05-15-2017, 08:57 PM
That's comical!

The democrats abandoned their jobs the day Trump was inaugurated to work FT going after him.

Trump has been working from the day he was inaugurated but the MSM and the democrats are making the job twice as hard with their whining at ever step, so the work has to be done and the non-stop answering of unnecessary questions.

Wrong when wrong and right when right. But don't make an entire presidency about attacking the man.

How else do you expect spoiled brats to act? They throw their food out of the high chairs, throw their toys everywhere, and scream and cry crocodile tears every time they don't get their way.

aboutime
05-15-2017, 09:12 PM

Show us your concern. Who exactly, are you talking about? Which Republicans are doing that? Then, tell us WHO in the Democrat party HASN'T been doing just that for years?
And, since Trump was elected...chasing the Dem Darling Liar, Hillary to the back of the DNC bus...how cooperative have the hypocrites in the Dem party been toward anything other than CONSPIRACY JUNK THEORIES?

Black Diamond
05-15-2017, 09:16 PM
Show us your concern. Who exactly, are you talking about? Which Republicans are doing that? Then, tell us WHO in the Democrat party HASN'T been doing just that for years?
And, since Trump was elected...chasing the Dem Darling Liar, Hillary to the back of the DNC bus...how cooperative have the hypocrites in the Dem party been toward anything other than CONSPIRACY JUNK THEORIES?
Oliver stone has to be hating this because he won't be able to make any "shocking controversial" films about trump. The media will have exhausted every possible theory.

fritzgeraldlamour
05-15-2017, 09:25 PM
I'm talking about the fact that Congressional Republicans don't want to appoint anyone non partisan to get to the bottom of this russia thing. And I'm remembering how on the day of Obama's swearing in to office, how Republicans had a dinner --this is a fact-- where they decided to not help pass anything that Obama proposed. Yeah, when you have politicians in office like that, and voters such as yourself, who get amnesia when their side does it, but rails when the side you oppose does it, well, that's my reason for concern with republican voters.

gabosaurus
05-15-2017, 09:41 PM
The problem with the leaks is that they are coming from inside the Trump administration. In Big Business, the CEO rules supreme. The job of subordinates is to find the problems and either solve them or make them go away. That doesn't happen in politics and Trump has been quite perturbed by it. He has made his displeasure quite well known.
The constant flow of leaks has turned the 24/7 "breaking news" dependent media into journalism crackheads. Once you get hooked, you can't stop. The inside sources know this.
Much of the White House media have been part of this game for a lot longer than Trump has. If you keep kicking the dog, the dog is going to get back at you.

One of Trump's big problems is that he has poor advisers. And he obviously doesn't treat them well. You don't think Comey has a lot of inside info on Trump? How about some of the other fired officials? How about people like Conway and Spicer? Or high ranking officials in the Pentagon and intelligence agencies?
How would you like the be doing a difficult job and then having to sit at home wondering if your boss is going to tweet about you?

Kathianne
05-15-2017, 09:43 PM
Who would be this 'non-partisan' investigator? Good luck with that.

I'm more in agreement with this:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447514/say-no-special-prosecutor-history-shows-they-overreach

Against a Special Prosecutor

by JONATHAN S. TOBIN May 11, 2017 4:00 AM

Obama was right to resist all calls to appoint one, and Trump should follow suit. The last thing the country needs is another out-of-control probe that won’t give us the answers we need about Russia and Trump. President Donald Trump may have made a mess out of the firing of FBI director, but there’s one surefire way to make an already terrible situation worse. Whether you think Comey had to go or you believe that Trump’s decision is, as many on the left assume, proof that he is guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors, the last thing this already-fractured nation needs is the appointment of a special prosecutor.

If we are to ever get to the bottom of the charges about Russia and Trump, some sort of bipartisan special commission or joint congressional committee will be necessary to produce a report that has a chance of being believed on both sides of the aisle. But given our experience with special prosecutors, we know that the appointment of one would provide neither justice nor closure to a bifurcated nation. To the contrary, despite the chorus of calls for such a move, a special prosecutor would be the worst-case scenario: It would create a prolonged investigation that would do little or nothing to give Americans the information they need.

No matter how scrupulous the efforts of the FBI and Congress to investigate Russia’s misdeeds, we all know that nothing short of Trump’s head on a metaphorical spike will satisfy Trump’s critics. If a bipartisan effort to deal with this issue is necessary, let it be a commission like the one that deal with 9/11. A special prosecutor would encourage Democratic fantasies but do nothing to get to the bottom of an issue that might not involve the wrongdoing that Trump’s critics already take as self-evident fact.

Black Diamond
05-15-2017, 09:47 PM
Trump has said we don't need one. Hopefully he stands by what he says.

fritzgeraldlamour
05-16-2017, 04:10 AM
Who would be this 'non-partisan' investigator? Good luck with that.

I'm more in agreement with this:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447514/say-no-special-prosecutor-history-shows-they-overreach

Oh, so when the kenyan did something that justifies what Donny Tinyhands is doing now, it was right of him to do it then. I didn't realize the kenyan could do anything right. Now I understand, as long as you do anything that helps Trump, you can get a pass. So tell me, how much Republican Kool Aid do you have to drink to become this delusional?

Gunny
05-16-2017, 05:56 AM
I'm talking about the fact that Congressional Republicans don't want to appoint anyone non partisan to get to the bottom of this russia thing. And I'm remembering how on the day of Obama's swearing in to office, how Republicans had a dinner --this is a fact-- where they decided to not help pass anything that Obama proposed. Yeah, when you have politicians in office like that, and voters such as yourself, who get amnesia when their side does it, but rails when the side you oppose does it, well, that's my reason for concern with republican voters.

What Russian thing? You want to appoint yet another committee wasting countless man hours and money chasing a wannabe theory that has no basis in fact. What does Russia have to gain having Trump in office instead of Hitlery? She's already proven corrupt and can be bought with a "donation" to the Clinton Foundation and the Clintons sleep with the Saudis; By her own admission she released classified material over unsecure lines.

Other side of the coin: Trump is a maverick. Nobody knows WHAT he will do. He;s got a hot temper and is quick to fly off the handle.

There is ZERO incentive for Russia to want Trump and plenty for them to want Hitlery. Little payola to her and she turns a blind eye to Crimea and Ukraine.

Then there's the elephant in the room ... just HOW exactly is Russia going to affect our elections? I'd be more concerned about ragheads sffecting our elections simply because we let them in our country. I'd be more worried about illegal aliens affecting the vote. But the Russians? Again, no incentive.

Gunny
05-16-2017, 05:59 AM
The problem with the leaks is that they are coming from inside the Trump administration. In Big Business, the CEO rules supreme. The job of subordinates is to find the problems and either solve them or make them go away. That doesn't happen in politics and Trump has been quite perturbed by it. He has made his displeasure quite well known.
The constant flow of leaks has turned the 24/7 "breaking news" dependent media into journalism crackheads. Once you get hooked, you can't stop. The inside sources know this.
Much of the White House media have been part of this game for a lot longer than Trump has. If you keep kicking the dog, the dog is going to get back at you.

One of Trump's big problems is that he has poor advisers. And he obviously doesn't treat them well. You don't think Comey has a lot of inside info on Trump? How about some of the other fired officials? How about people like Conway and Spicer? Or high ranking officials in the Pentagon and intelligence agencies?
How would you like the be doing a difficult job and then having to sit at home wondering if your boss is going to tweet about you?

Which makes it worse. You have just proven you lefties know it's BS yet you persist in perpetuating lies.

Gunny
05-16-2017, 06:08 AM
Oh, so when the kenyan did something that justifies what Donny Tinyhands is doing now, it was right of him to do it then. I didn't realize the kenyan could do anything right. Now I understand, as long as you do anything that helps Trump, you can get a pass. So tell me, how much Republican Kool Aid do you have to drink to become this delusional?

Newsflash for you ... you want to get all smartass, I'm your fucking huckleberry. You better put that tricycle in reverse before running your suck again, noob. Here's a plan: try reading a board before doing a crash landing because you forget to remember you can't fly.

Kathianne didn't vote Republican. I'm not a Republican. I just voted against that corrupt, fat ass, self confessed criminal you lefties tried to foist on us.

I doubt Kath would touch Kool Aid around you because it;s been full of your tears since last Nov.

Translation: You can play nice or I'll light your noob little ass up.

Kathianne
05-16-2017, 08:29 AM

:laugh2: of all the people on this board, near unanimity of being with Trump, you pick one of the few who aren't. Then you compound it evidently by not even acknowledging the link I shared with all.

I guess that's the 'sheer' genius of so many on the left-empty rhetoric.

Black Diamond
05-16-2017, 09:03 AM
You seem to have a tendency to throw allies under the bus. Maybe you would do the same to
your mentor and grandmother.

Kathianne
05-16-2017, 09:22 AM
You seem to have a tendency to throw allies under the bus. Maybe you would do the same to
your mentor and grandmother.

I seriously doubt I'd be 'allies' with him, just enjoyed calling out an assumptive jerk in action. You all forget that I'm probably more conservative than most of you, part of the reason I couldn't vote for Trump.

fritzgeraldlamour
05-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Newsflash for you ... you want to get all smartass, I'm your fucking huckleberry. You better put that tricycle in reverse before running your suck again, noob. Here's a plan: try reading a board before doing a crash landing because you forget to remember you can't fly.

Kathianne didn't vote Republican. I'm not a Republican. I just voted against that corrupt, fat ass, self confessed criminal you lefties tried to foist on us.

I doubt Kath would touch Kool Aid around you because it;s been full of your tears since last Nov.

Translation: You can play nice or I'll light your noob little ass up.

Have you ever tried breathing through your nose?

fritzgeraldlamour
05-16-2017, 10:06 AM
I seriously doubt I'd be 'allies' with him, just enjoyed calling out an assumptive jerk in action. You all forget that I'm probably more conservative than most of you, part of the reason I couldn't vote for Trump.

I only align myself with folks that put country first.

NightTrain
05-16-2017, 10:17 AM

I find it startling that a moonbat would make such a claim.

Black Diamond
05-16-2017, 10:48 AM
And who does that?

Gunny
05-16-2017, 10:52 AM

:smoke:

Kathianne
05-16-2017, 10:54 AM
:smoke:

Hey, I didn't vote for either NY liberal.

Black Diamond
05-16-2017, 10:59 AM
I was helping you out. Never trump seemed to be the common thread. The guy probably is A troll. It's been a tough week. I was insulting him not you.

NightTrain
05-16-2017, 10:59 AM

Let's keep it real here, yo :

A liberal would not have appointed Gorsuch.

Kathianne
05-16-2017, 11:04 AM
Let's keep it real here, yo :

A liberal would not have appointed Gorsuch.

That much is true. He has thrown bones, which Hillary would not have. I know there's a few that are very excited about the reports that Trump & progeny are likely to be the whole act shortly. Where do you think the "&" folks fall on the political measure line?

Rick, you've given many well thought out defenses of Trump, including some of his most dunderheaded moves. What do you have for today?

Black Diamond
05-16-2017, 11:17 AM
:popcorn:

NightTrain
05-16-2017, 11:40 AM
That much is true. He has thrown bones, which Hillary would not have. I know there's a few that are very excited about the reports that Trump & progeny are likely to be the whole act shortly. Where do you think the & folks fall on the political measure line?

Rick, you've given many well thought out defenses of Trump, including some of his most dunderheaded moves. What do you have for today?

The leaks have to be identified, expunged and punished, as harshly as legally possible. The amount of leaks is disturbing, and obviously from 0bama holdovers. It's not usually reasonable to outright dismiss all appointees in the interest of a functioning administration, but it's rapidly coming to that point.

I say fire all of the upper level holdovers and fix this insanity. Clearly there are quite a few that have managed to fly under the radar despite efforts to identify them and this has gone on long enough. Bite the bullet, purge, rehire and start moving forward without all these distractions.

The endgame here is the constant distractions every new false 'scandal' provides. The end effect is that Trump isn't getting his agenda implemented. Democrats intend to keep up this charade by use of their double agents within the administration and a willing news media eager to be accomplices.

Trump needs to regain the initiative and ignore the anklebiting distractions. I know it's hard for him to do because he's a brawler, but nevertheless he needs to focus.

Remember the blitzkrieg of actions before he got sidetracked with the false accusations? Democrats were overwhelmed and couldn't mount a defense because there were too many balls in the air and more on the way. They quickly realized that their only defense is to keep him busy defending ridiculous charges, hoping he'll tweet something damaging - and that strategy is working.

He's much better on offense and that's where he needs to stay.

Kathianne
05-16-2017, 11:50 AM
The leaks have to be identified, expunged and punished, as harshly as legally possible. The amount of leaks is disturbing, and obviously from 0bama holdovers. It's not usually reasonable to outright dismiss all appointees in the interest of a functioning administration, but it's rapidly coming to that point.

I say fire all of the upper level holdovers and fix this insanity. Clearly there are quite a few that have managed to fly under the radar despite efforts to identify them and this has gone on long enough. Bite the bullet, purge, rehire and start moving forward without all these distractions.

The endgame here is the constant distractions every new false 'scandal' provides. The end effect is that Trump isn't getting his agenda implemented. Democrats intend to keep up this charade by use of their double agents within the administration and a willing news media eager to be accomplices.

Trump needs to regain the initiative and ignore the anklebiting distractions. I know it's hard for him to do because he's a brawler, but nevertheless he needs to focus.

Remember the blitzkrieg of actions before he got sidetracked with the false accusations? Democrats were overwhelmed and couldn't mount a defense because there were too many balls in the air and more on the way. They quickly realized that their only defense is to keep him busy defending ridiculous charges, hoping he'll tweet something damaging - and that strategy is working.

He's much better on offense and that's where he needs to stay.

Overall good arguments, not working for me in total though. I agree that the leaks are a problem, though not sure that it's all 'Obama's people' or that the leaks are for nefarious reasons. For myself, the past week has brought me forcefully back to his being temperamentally unsuited for this position. Overblown ego is normal, an intense impulse towards braggadocio and inability to hear advice isn't.

http://theresurgent.com/i-know-one-of-the-sources/

I Know One of the Sources
By Erick Erickson | May 16, 2017, 09:49am

I tend to take these stories about the President with a grain of salt. We have seen key details of a number of salacious stories retracted within 48 hours. The media hates the President so much that they’ll run a negative story about him without very much provocation. Anti-Trump sources embedded within the administration in the career civil service, etc. will leak to the press and confirmation bias sets in.

What sets this story apart for me, at least, is that I know one of the sources. And the source is solidly supportive of President Trump, or at least has been and was during Campaign 2016. But the President will not take any internal criticism, no matter how politely it is given. He does not want advice, cannot be corrected, and is too insecure to see any constructive feedback as anything other than an attack.

NightTrain
05-16-2017, 12:14 PM
Overall good arguments, not working for me in total though. I agree that the leaks are a problem, though not sure that it's all 'Obama's people' or that the leaks are for nefarious reasons.

No one can be sure at this point how many Benedict Arnolds there are in the administration, but there's one surefire way to find out : purge the holdovers and then see if the leaks continue. My money is on holdovers.

For myself, the past week has brought me forcefully back to his being temperamentally unsuited for this position. Overblown ego is normal, an intense impulse towards braggadocio and inability to hear advice isn't.

http://theresurgent.com/i-know-one-of-the-sources/

He's not a politician who's used to telling you what you want to hear. Yeah, he's rough and speaks bluntly, but I'll take that any day over another slimy politician telling me what her handlers think I want to hear.

I don't like him solo-tweeting, as I've said before... it's counter productive and he clearly doesn't re-read things before hitting that POST button. But, he hasn't asked me for my advice yet, so I'll continue to hold my breath! As the Prez, he makes decisions like that, even if I don't like them.

There isn't ONE person in his circle that approves of his tweeting. He's basically told them to STFU because he's going to do it his way - and that bodes well for what he's promised he'll do : Wall. Taxes. Illegals. Jobs. Guns. Military. EPA. Fed overreach. Energy. SCOTUS. Trade.

We've got to take the good with the bad. Them's the rules!

Beware of Erick Erickson, though - he was vehemently anti-Trump from the beginning. I'd take anything he says with a lot of salt, the same as anything from Beck.

Speaking of, is Beck in the nuthouse yet?

Gunny
05-16-2017, 12:19 PM
That much is true. He has thrown bones, which Hillary would not have. I know there's a few that are very excited about the reports that Trump & progeny are likely to be the whole act shortly. Where do you think the "&" folks fall on the political measure line?

I'm not. I'm totally against it.

Kathianne
05-16-2017, 12:20 PM
No one can be sure at this point how many Benedict Arnolds there are in the administration, but there's one surefire way to find out : purge the holdovers and then see if the leaks continue. My money is on holdovers.

He's not a politician who's used to telling you what you want to hear. Yeah, he's rough and speaks bluntly, but I'll take that any day over another slimy politician telling me what her handlers think I want to hear.

I don't like him solo-tweeting, as I've said before... it's counter productive and he clearly doesn't re-read things before hitting that POST button. But, he hasn't asked me for my advice yet, so I'll continue to hold my breath! As the Prez, he makes decisions like that, even if I don't like them.

There isn't ONE person in his circle that approves of his tweeting. He's basically told them to STFU because he's going to do it his way - and that bodes well for what he's promised he'll do : Wall. Taxes. Illegals. Jobs. Guns. Military. EPA. Fed overreach. Energy. SCOTUS. Trade.

We've got to take the good with the bad. Them's the rules!

Beware of Erick Erickson, though - he was vehemently anti-Trump from the beginning. I'd take anything he says with a lot of salt, the same as anything from Beck.

Speaking of, is Beck in the nuthouse yet?

I agree that Erickson was never-Trump, without a doubt. What he's saying though, he does know one of the leakers and knows he was a strong supporter, not a Obama leftover.

It's besides the point though, no matter how much I agree with a President, it's not ok imo to be creating chaos around the office and for the country. Obama was different in how he created the turmoil, but create it he did.

NightTrain
05-16-2017, 12:24 PM
I agree that Erickson was never-Trump, without a doubt. What he's saying though, he does know one of the leakers and knows he was a strong supporter, not a Obama leftover.

It's besides the point though, no matter how much I agree with a President, it's not ok imo to be creating chaos around the office and for the country. Obama was different in how he created the turmoil, but create it he did.

But the chaos is not originating from Trump.

These are maneuverings of democrats and their proxies throwing maximum volume bullshit at the wall to see what sticks and to keep Trump dancing.

Black Diamond
05-16-2017, 12:26 PM

Trump has thrived on chaos. It's difficult to watch. For me anyway. It's like watching your favorite team doing everything they can to lose and then winning in spite of it all.

Elessar
05-16-2017, 12:27 PM
Have you ever tried breathing through your nose?

Better take a bit of advice: Be careful who you poke with insults.

These people here do put country first, most especially the Vets. Many of the non-Vet senior
member are just the same. It may all be said differently, but the spirit remains the same.

Black Diamond
05-16-2017, 12:27 PM

These are maneuverings of democrats and their proxies throwing maximum volume bullshit at the wall to see what sticks and to keep Trump dancing.
It's a combination of democrats and trumps Twitter account,

Kathianne
05-16-2017, 12:29 PM

We disagree on his creating it. He does, just like this morning when he just had to hit twitter. We do agree though that the media is ever ready to jump on anything they can, he just loves creating the issues, then complains about the media doing what they do.

If he'd just let McMaster's response last night be the 'end' of discussion, so many that really want movement forward would have been fine. But he can't let anyone else be 'the last word.' Not Spicer, Not Conway, Not Tillerson, Not McMaster.

He is creating the myth of 'It's all about getting Trump.' He has so many good people ready and able to help, but he throws them under the bus, every bit as much as Obama did, but different.

Kathianne
05-16-2017, 12:32 PM
Trump has thrived on chaos. It's difficult to watch. For me anyway. It's like watching your favorite team doing everything they can to lose and then winning in spite of it all.

We disagree about the 'winning,' there's nothing winning for the country when these types of crises just keep popping up. It appears that this one covers up the problems with FBI, but never fear, the Democrats won't allow any of the crises go to waste. So unnecessary to keep feeding the opposition of the left and the media.

NightTrain
05-16-2017, 12:36 PM
We disagree on his creating it. He does, just like this morning when he just had to hit twitter. We do agree though that the media is ever ready to jump on anything they can, he just loves creating the issues, then complains about the media doing what they do.

If he'd just let McMaster's response last night be the 'end' of discussion, so many that really want movement forward would have been fine. But he can't let anyone else be 'the last word.' Not Spicer, Not Conway, Not Tillerson, Not McMaster.

He is creating the myth of 'It's all about getting Trump.' He has so many good people ready and able to help, but he throws them under the bus, every bit as much as Obama did, but different.

I didn't say he isn't part of the problem, but that's after the fact.

I said that the origin of the chaos is manufactured by the democrats. They masterminded the leak & subsequent WaPo article and he took the bait.

Anyone want to wager $5 paid to the board that there will be a new 'scandal' next week? I'm giving 2:1 odds.

Black Diamond
05-16-2017, 12:36 PM
We disagree about the 'winning,' there's nothing winning for the country when these types of crises just keep popping up. It appears that this one covers up the problems with FBI, but never fear, the Democrats won't allow any of the crises go to waste. So unnecessary to keep feeding the opposition of the left and the media.

trumps accomplishments are under the radar. And I was thinking of all the stuff that happened prior to November 8 and the fact nearly everyone said he was done.

Kathianne
05-16-2017, 12:39 PM
trumps accomplishments are under the radar. And I was thinking of all the stuff that happened prior to November 8 and the fact nearly everyone said he was done.

Again, it's coming down to temperament. Unless there is a change, he's unsuitable for the position. It's reminding me of the months of Clinton scandals that just would not stop. Very bad times, but eventually Clinton got it under some level of control, after losing midterms. Then there was Lewinsky.

Black Diamond
05-16-2017, 12:44 PM
Again, it's coming down to temperament. Unless there is a change, he's unsuitable for the position. It's reminding me of the months of Clinton scandals that just would not stop. Very bad times, but eventually Clinton got it under some level of control, after losing midterms. Then there was Lewinsky.
Trump will continue to be engulfed in controversy, whether brought on by himself, democrats, or the media.

Gunny
05-16-2017, 01:07 PM

That is true. Instead you voted for a leftwingnut socialist from NM.

Kathianne
05-16-2017, 01:13 PM
That is true. Instead you voted for a leftwingnut socialist from NM.

and you'd be wrong on that.

Little-Acorn
05-16-2017, 01:14 PM
For example, since we don't know the leakers - are they perhaps left overs from the Obama era, trying to inflict damage, whether the leaks are factual or not? That would be my guess.
If that's true, then the cracks have been in place for a long time.

Abbey Marie
05-16-2017, 03:01 PM

Lol! This is what happens when you spout off at people you haven't taken the time to know anything about.

Abbey Marie
05-16-2017, 03:07 PM
I didn't say he isn't part of the problem, but that's after the fact.

I said that the origin of the chaos is manufactured by the democrats. They masterminded the leak & subsequent WaPo article and he took the bait.

Anyone want to wager $5 paid to the board that there will be a new 'scandal' next week? I'm giving 2:1 odds.

Exactly. Make no mistake, there are plenty of folks out there who will stop at nothing to get rid of Trump. And tragically, they virtually own the media. Whatever President Trump has done poorly via tweets, etc., pale in comparison.

pete311
05-16-2017, 03:32 PM
Exactly. Make no mistake, there are plenty of folks out there who will stop at nothing to get rid of Trump. And tragically, they virtually own the media. Whatever President Trump has done poorly via tweets, etc., pale in comparison.

Trump and is company are not subjected to media's "manufactured" scandals. Trump is and company are clearly incompetent and opening themselves up. If the past 5 months were Obama or Hillary you guys would be going ape shit. But no, now it's your asshole in the office and you're doing mental circus tricks to feel within the "right".

jimnyc
05-16-2017, 03:40 PM
Trump and is company are not subjected to media's "manufactured" scandals. Trump is and company are clearly incompetent and opening themselves up. If the past 5 months were Obama or Hillary you guys would be going ape shit. But no, now it's your asshole in the office and you're doing mental circus tricks to feel within the "right".

Let's look at the past 4-5 months since Trump has been in office...

-----

President Trump CRUSHES Obama in First Four Months Comparison

It’s now six months since the Presidential election which was held on November 8th, 2016 and almost four months since President Trump’s Inauguration on January 20th.

How is President Trump doing? The main stream media (MSM) and Democrat Party insist that President Trump should be impeached. But is this reasonable? Perhaps the best measurement of President Trump’s first few months in office is to compare President Trump with President Obama, the MSM’s ideal and perceived greatest President.

So here it is – a comparison between Presidents Trump and Obama in their first six months since their respective election wins and in their first nearly four months in their Presidencies.

The Economy – US Stock Market

In President Trump’s first few months since the election and since his inauguration the US Stock Markets are at record highs and millions of Americans are benefitting in their retirement savings accounts.

https://i.imgur.com/9F4gQcB.png

* The DOW daily closing stock market average has risen 14% since the election on November 8th. (On November 9th the DOW closed at 18,332 – on May 12th the DOW closed at 20,896).
* Since the Inauguration on January 20th the DOW is up more than 5%. (It was at 19,827 at January 20th for an increase of more than 1,000 points.)
* The DOW took just 66 days to climb from 19,000 to above 21,000, the fastest 2,000 point run ever. The DOW closed above 19,000 for the first time on November 22nd and closed above 21,000 on March 1st.
* The DOW closed above 20,000 on January 25th and the March 1st rally matched the fastest-ever 1,000 point increase in the DOW at 24 days.
* The US Stock Market gained $2 trillion in wealth since Trump was elected!
* The S&P 500 broke $20 Trillion for the first time in its history.
* In the history of the DOW, going back to January 1901, the DOW record for most continuous closing high trading days was set in January of 1987 when Ronald Reagan was President. The DOW set closing highs an amazing 12 times in a row that month. On February 28th President Trump matched President Reagan when the DOW reached a new high for its 12th day in a row!

The stock markets under President Obama moved in the exact opposite direction in the first few months after President Obama’s election win over Republican Senator John McCain.

https://i.imgur.com/ojQneo9.png

* The DOW daily closing stock market average tanked (went down) -14% between Obama’s election win on November 4th, 2008 and May 13, 2009. (On November 4th the DOW closed at 9,625 – on May 13th the DOW closed at 8,284. It went down more than 1,300 points). This is the opposite direction of President Trump’s rally.

The Economy – US Debt

As of today, President Trump decreased the US Debt since his inauguration by $100 Billion.

https://i.imgur.com/A7gfTrS.png

President Obama on the other hand increased the US debt in his first four months by $629 Billion.

https://i.imgur.com/6JlgrlN.png

The difference between Presidents Trump and Obama here is nearly three quarters of a trillion dollars!

The Economy – Jobs

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics President Trump added a projected 738,000 jobs in his first four months (January through April 2017.) President Obama on the other hand lost more than 3 million jobs in his first four months. (President Obama was so bad at creating jobs that by the end of his second term he said that jobs were not coming back.)

https://i.imgur.com/323GqP1.png

The Economy – Unemployment

Also according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics President Trump decreased unemployment every month since his inauguration (January through April 2017.) The unemployment rate in January 2017 was 4.8% and by April it was down to 4.4%.

President Obama on the other hand again moved in the opposite direction. In his first four months as President the US unemployment rate increased each month from 7.8% in January 2009 to 9% by April of 2009.

https://i.imgur.com/26FzFJ5.png

The Economy – Economic Outlook

The US Manufacturing Index soared to a 33 year high in February 2017 shortly after President Trump was sworn into office. The index reached 43 in February which was the best outlook since 1983 under President Reagan.

In Obama’s first four months in office (January through April of 2009) the best manufacturing index activity rating was a negative -25.

The difference here is greater than 50% with Obama again going in the wrong direction.

The Economy – Housing Sales

Housing sales are red-hot in the US right now. In 2011, houses for sale were on the market an average 84 days. This year, it’s just 45 days.

According to the US Census Bureau, there were nearly twice as many US housing sales in the past couple of months as there were in 2009 during the same time period. (The annualized housing sales for March 2017 is reported at 621,000 where in 2009 this amount was only 339,000.)

https://i.imgur.com/ePFST9i.png

Other Comparisons Between Presidents Trump and Obama

Illegal immigration is down 67% since President Trump’s Inauguration. President Obama opened up the US borders and Trump has drastically shut down illegal immigration.

NATO announced Allied spending is up $10 Billion because of President Trump. (According to a top general, Obama viewed NATO as a threat rather than a peace alliance.)

Foreign Policy

President Obama’s foreign policy left President Trump with a mess.

When President Obama took over the Presidency in 2009 Iraq was as safe as it had ever been. Within a few short years it became a mess and ISIS was formed. Libya is also a mess today with it being ISIS’s strongest branch outside Iraq/Syria. Iran, the world’s leader in terrorism, recently reportedly forwarded millions in cold hard cash to terrorist group Hezbollah.

To date President Trump has had little time to address all the foreign policy mess emanating from the Obama Administration but if he handles these as well as he has the economy Americans will be in a much safer place.

Overall based on the above data it is clear that President Trump is doing a solid, if not excellent job.

The mainstream liberal media won’t report this, but when looking at the numbers, President Trump the businessman crushes the former community organizer Barack Obama.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/05/draft-presidents-trump-vs-obama-first-4-month-comparison/

pete311
05-16-2017, 03:46 PM
Jim, seriously, you do remember the housing and market crisis that Obama inherited right? The first several months are not precisely in control of the incoming president. The economy is baked in for some time. Trump can't just pulled switches and see instant results. It doesn't work like that. It is possible the stock market was bumped by Trumps pro business campaign since the market speculates months in advance. If Trump wants to take credit for the past several months you need to show what policies effected what metrics and how.

Black Diamond
05-16-2017, 03:51 PM
Jim, seriously, you do remember the housing and market crisis that Obama inherited right? The first several months are not precisely in control of the incoming president. The economy is baked in for some time. Trump can't just pulled switches and see instant results. It doesn't work like that. It is possible the stock market was bumped by Trumps pro business campaign since the market speculates months in advance. If Trump wants to take credit for the past several months you need to show what policies effected what metrics and how.
Tough shit. Supercoon took all the credit for the stock market increase, lowering of unemployment, etc. time to start pointing out how trump is performing compared to him.

Abbey Marie
05-16-2017, 04:26 PM

Must you always be crude?

pete311
05-16-2017, 04:38 PM
Must you always be crude?

No problem with Black Diamond's "supercoon" slur though right?

Abbey Marie
05-16-2017, 04:46 PM
No problem with Black Diamond's "supercoon" slur though right?

Didnt see it. You replied directly to me.

NightTrain
05-16-2017, 07:11 PM

No. The President is responsible for the economy from Jan 20th to Jan 20th, four years later.

We were 7 years into 0bama's miserable economy and it was still Bush's Fault™. Here we are 9 years later and you're doing the same thing.

0bama sucked. Own it.

aboutime
05-16-2017, 07:53 PM
Petey. You can pretend you missed all 8 years because you had your head buried in the CESSPOOL of Washington Liberalism.https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/66/70/19/667019f7849ed3bd130a0b54d34484f7.jpg

http://youtu.be/Gdt1WyhJLNI

pete311
05-16-2017, 08:08 PM
Petey. You can pretend you missed all 8 years because you had your head buried in the CESSPOOL of Washington Liberalism.https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/66/70/19/667019f7849ed3bd130a0b54d34484f7.jpg

http://youtu.be/Gdt1WyhJLNI

I can tell you're getting nervous.

aboutime
05-16-2017, 08:38 PM
I can tell you're getting nervous.

Damn right petey. I always get nervous when dealing with liars like you. You'd have a stroke if you decided to be truthful, and honest for a change.