PDA

View Full Version : Clinton: Bush has underfunded law enforcement

red states rule
08-06-2007, 06:36 AM
To Hillary, Pres Bush is to blame for everything - what a shocker!!!

CHICAGO (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton on Saturday criticized President Bush for not spending enough on law enforcement and said police officers were “invisible” to him.

At a meeting of the National Association of Police Organizations, the New York senator promised more spending on police programs, including an anti-drug initiative and bulletproof vest program.

“Honestly, it is like the police officers of our country, along with your families, who stand with you every single day in the dangerous and difficult work you do, are invisible to the president,” she said.

Clinton chastised Bush for a 2008 budget that she said would further cut the Community Oriented Police Services program and other law enforcement initiatives.

That program was created under President Clinton to put more officers on the street. The original program expired seven years ago, but Congress has kept funding it.

The House in May voted to give more money to the program. Democrats have complained it was cut by the previously Republican-controlled Congress when hiring grants for more officers
were eliminated in 2006.

“It’s like he just looks through you instead of seeing you on the front lines in the war against crime and the war against terrorism. It’s like he doesn’t see you at all,” she said.

Clinton said she was “tired” of law enforcement officers getting more responsibilities in the fight against terrorism without the enough resources.

“It’s really a sad day when the president can find more than $450 billion to wage the war in Iraq but he can’t find the money that you need to protect our communities and to have decent wages and working conditions,” she said.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/08/04/clinton-critical-of-law-enforcement-funding/

red states rule
08-06-2007, 06:38 AM
Hillary Clinton AND law enforcement

Now that is an oxymoron

PostmodernProphet
08-06-2007, 07:16 AM
said police officers were “invisible” to him

I must be getting old....I can remember when police and fire staffing were issues that mayors got elected on.....not presidents......

red states rule
08-06-2007, 07:17 AM
I must be getting old....I can remember when police and fire staffing were issues that mayors got elected on.....not presidents......

to libs it is Bush's fault