PDA

View Full Version : Some Good Advice

Kathianne
05-17-2017, 08:27 PM
@Tyr-Ziu Saxnot (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?2275-Tyr-Ziu-Saxnot) @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) and others, I think you might agree with this and want to do 'something.' This is good advice and I think he's right, if the Dems get control of the House, they will do everything possible to impeach.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/265129/

MAY 17, 2017

SO IF YOU’RE UNHAPPY WITH WHAT’S GOING ON, AND HOW THE MEDIA IS GOING AFTER TRUMP, WHAT DO YOU DO? You can push back against the media, of course. But otherwise the most useful thing for most folks is probably to pick a house race in a close district and work on it. If there’s a Dem majority in 2018, they’ll probably try to impeach Trump, which would be a disaster for the country no matter how it turns out. Helpfully, the Democrats at Swingleft.org have identified some close races. (https://swingleft.org/) Even if you don’t live close to the district, you can make phone calls or donate.

jimnyc
05-19-2017, 12:39 PM
@Tyr-Ziu Saxnot (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?2275-Tyr-Ziu-Saxnot) @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) and others, I think you might agree with this and want to do 'something.' This is good advice and I think he's right, if the Dems get control of the House, they will do everything possible to impeach.

I think that unless they have TRUE and solid evidence of severe wrongdoing by Trump, an attempt at impeachment will not only harm the country as a whole, I believe it would also do the same to the Dem party. Unless of course like I said, they have something to do so with - which I really haven't seen yet. But outside my opinion, you are 100% correct of course!

Kathianne
05-19-2017, 03:27 PM
I think that unless they have TRUE and solid evidence of severe wrongdoing by Trump, an attempt at impeachment will not only harm the country as a whole, I believe it would also do the same to the Dem party. Unless of course like I said, they have something to do so with - which I really haven't seen yet. But outside my opinion, you are 100% correct of course!

If they had the numbers, do you really doubt they wouldn't impeach him today? I don't and I'm not thrilled with him. Just less thrilled with the moonbats.

NightTrain
05-19-2017, 03:49 PM
If they had the numbers, do you really doubt they wouldn't impeach him today? I don't and I'm not thrilled with him. Just less thrilled with the moonbats.

The desire is certainly there, but even the towering genius of Maxine Waters admits there's no basis to proceed even if they did have control.

Kathianne
05-19-2017, 03:53 PM
The desire is certainly there, but even the towering genius of Maxine Waters admits there's no basis to proceed even if they did have control.

If they have the numbers, it certainly seems their 'base' would be all about impeachment. Unlike many folks I know, they recognize just how these actions are not keeping with the rule of law.

You'll notice though, there's no problem with their cheering on the courts saying that IF it weren't 'Trump' his order regarding immigration would be considered legal.

jimnyc
05-19-2017, 04:02 PM

They wouldn't even come close to having those numbers without some seriously solid proof of some serious wrongdoing. But do I think they would attempt it? Yep, of course they would! But unless that proof is there, it would only harm their party and members of their party, IMO. Saying it and doing it are 2 different things.

Kathianne
05-19-2017, 04:04 PM
They wouldn't even come close to having those numbers without some seriously solid proof of some serious wrongdoing. But do I think they would attempt it? Yep, of course they would! But unless that proof is there, it would only harm their party and members of their party, IMO. Saying it and doing it are 2 different things.

I'd still say that folks that want him to 'win' should look at how they can help keep the House in 2018. Unless there is a big, big change, it could be a real problem.

NightTrain
05-19-2017, 04:08 PM
I'd still say that folks that want him to 'win' should look at how they can help keep the House in 2018. Unless there is a big, big change, it could be a real problem.

I don't see it that way. These phony 'scandals' that continually erupt are borne from the democrats and everyone knows it. More harm is done to them, methinks.

Kathianne
05-19-2017, 04:11 PM
I don't see it that way. These phony 'scandals' that continually erupt are borne from the democrats and everyone knows it. More harm is done to them, methinks.

Ok, should be interesting to watch. I'm just noticing that an awful lot of people who didn't 'like' Trump, but voted for him, are not being made happy with the things going on.

Maybe it will all stop. The accusations, the tweeting, etc. That would be a good thing.

jimnyc
05-19-2017, 04:14 PM

Somehow find out who's doing some leaking. Stop the whining, or responding to the whining. Ban Trump from Twitter. Go forward with the rest of the work that is already going on behind the scenes and use those efforts on those things.

Take away the leaks & take away Twitter & take away "anonymous" crap that lead to nothing and/or are proven false or lies - and all you're left with is the Russia thing. I am NOT saying that's not important - it's HUGE. But with all of the stuff investigated thus far and all of the information released thus far, it doesn't appear that Trump himself is involved. Of course now we have a new general in charge and perhaps we'll see something else, but I am highly doubting it up till this point.

It's a media circus. Outside of those things, Russia is all there is. Nothing else bothers me in the slightest. I also believe a lot of Americans will see things for what they are as well. Unless something comes up in this investigation that we haven't heard of already, I don't think it does a ton of harm in the long run. I also think a ton of Americans will see this as the witch hunt many are calling it. Every democrat that I know of, that has had access to any intel, has come out saying the same thing - nothing. But that investigation is clean and starts anew now!

The entire GOP can help with stopping the media circus but unless they have to at times. Trump, the ringleader, really needs to reel in what he can. Then collectively they need to start changing that circus away from the drama and more about what work is getting done.

Kathianne
05-19-2017, 04:17 PM
Somehow find out who's doing some leaking. Stop the whining, or responding to the whining. Ban Trump from Twitter. Go forward with the rest of the work that is already going on behind the scenes and use those efforts on those things.

Take away the leaks & take away Twitter & take away "anonymous" crap that lead to nothing and/or are proven false or lies - and all you're left with is the Russia thing. I am NOT saying that's not important - it's HUGE. But with all of the stuff investigated thus far and all of the information released thus far, it doesn't appear that Trump himself is involved. Of course now we have a new general in charge and perhaps we'll see something else, but I am highly doubting it up till this point.

It's a media circus. Outside of those things, Russia is all there is. Nothing else bothers me in the slightest. I also believe a lot of Americans will see things for what they are as well. Unless something comes up in this investigation that we haven't heard of already, I don't think it does a ton of harm in the long run. I also think a ton of Americans will see this as the witch hunt many are calling it. Every democrat that I know of, that has had access to any intel, has come out saying the same thing - nothing. But that investigation is clean and starts anew now!

The entire GOP can help with stopping the media circus but unless they have to at times. Trump, the ringleader, really needs to reel in what he can. Then collectively they need to start changing that circus away from the drama and more about what work is getting done.

Not working on being a negative Nancy, but I'm pretty sure that's been the focus of the WH for like 'forever.'

A bit ago, there was another 'leak' from the FBI that a senior White House advisor to the President is now a focus of their investigation. This comes just after the 'nut job' release from obviously someone with access to the Oval Office.

The leaks are as much of a reaction from those that are 'blasted' as Trump's tweets are a reaction to what is leaked. How to break that cycle?

Black Diamond
05-19-2017, 04:21 PM

I feel like much has been done in spite of the circus.

Kathianne
05-19-2017, 04:25 PM
I feel like much has been done in spite of the circus.

I agree with that. What is incomprehensible is that the administration doesn't talk about successes, but focuses on their 'enemies' which should be ignored. There is no way that the successes will carry the day, when there is chaos swirling around all the time. The tweets take away from coverage of success, even on media friendly sites.

NightTrain
05-19-2017, 04:34 PM
Still a brand new Admin with a guy that's never been a politician before.

We're going to do just fine with a little time.

Kathianne
05-19-2017, 04:38 PM
Still a brand new Admin with a guy that's never been a politician before.

We're going to do just fine with a little time.

Rick, I'm not being facetious, but some of the lessons should have been learned, it appears they haven't been yet. His own people have been saying to 'stop the tweets' since the campaign. Well it's clear that isn't going to happen, but the bottom line is that if he was tweeting on policy and what the Congress is or isn't doing, it might be a good work around.

He's using it more and more to whine and sound paranoid, while the hits just keep coming.

NightTrain
05-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Rick, I'm not being facetious, but some of the lessons should have been learned, it appears they haven't been yet. His own people have been saying to 'stop the tweets' since the campaign. Well it's clear that isn't going to happen, but the bottom line is that if he was tweeting on policy and what the Congress is or isn't doing, it might be a good work around.

He's using it more and more to whine and sound paranoid, while the hits just keep coming.

It's the results that matter, and dismantling the last 8 years of buffoonery has been stellar by anyone's standard.

Sure, I don't think he's doing any favors to himself with tweeting, but honestly the only people that get 'dog whistled' by them are those that loathe him in the first place.

Most people like me want a strong economy, illegals kicked out, the wall built, a stronger military, lower taxes and some judicious ass kicking around the world where it's most needed. It's the big picture that's important.

Kathianne
05-19-2017, 05:11 PM
It's the results that matter, and dismantling the last 8 years of buffoonery has been stellar by anyone's standard.

Sure, I don't think he's doing any favors to himself with tweeting, but honestly the only people that get 'dog whistled' by them are those that loathe him in the first place.

Most people like me want a strong economy, illegals kicked out, the wall built, a stronger military, lower taxes and some judicious ass kicking around the world where it's most needed. It's the big picture that's important.

If things don't settle down, very little else is likely to get done. I understand your feelings, but there's no doubt you are firmly part of his core. He won because of folks like you, some very disaffected blue collar Democrats, and a significant number of Republicans that voted for him over Hillary. He will hold the core, but the continuing problems are nearly a guarantee to peel aways much of the others.

jimnyc
05-19-2017, 05:14 PM
One good thing about twitter, which was supposed to be his original intent - it does allow for another outlet, for things that aren't being reported on. I read an article earlier about the amount of time spent on Trump in the media, and how much of it negative. The MSM is more interested in drama and accusations and have shown little interest in actual accomplishments.

Kathianne
05-19-2017, 05:16 PM
One good thing about twitter, which was supposed to be his original intent - it does allow for another outlet, for things that aren't being reported on. I read an article earlier about the amount of time spent on Trump in the media, and how much of it negative. The MSM is more interested in drama and accusations and have shown little interest in actual accomplishments.

One of the FOX programs had a chart showing just how negative the news has been on the administration. It actually puts an end to it being 'partisan' as Trump's negative coverage dwarfs any of the others. I think it was like 90% negative.

jimnyc
05-19-2017, 05:18 PM
If things don't settle down, very little else is likely to get done. I understand your feelings, but there's no doubt you are firmly part of his core. He won because of folks like you, some very disaffected blue collar Democrats, and a significant number of Republicans that voted for him over Hillary. He will hold the core, but the continuing problems are nearly a guarantee to peel aways much of the others.

Why are these folks peeling away? Because of false accusations? Investigations that have cleared him of anything thus far? His bringing unemployment down to decades old levels? Large job increases? $100 billion off the debt? Illegal immigration being hammered?

I think those thinking of peeling away are being duped, and not paying attention to the work being done and more so on drama, things with little to no proof, anonymous sources... IMO, these folks are the easily swayed and duped by the Dems, and lord knows who else involved in leaks and such.

jimnyc
05-19-2017, 05:18 PM
One of the FOX programs had a chart showing just how negative the news has been on the administration. It actually puts an end to it being 'partisan' as Trump's negative coverage dwarfs any of the others. I think it was like 90% negative.

That's about exactly what I read, must have been the same thing I read that you saw. :)

Kathianne
05-19-2017, 05:30 PM
Why are these folks peeling away? Because of false accusations? Investigations that have cleared him of anything thus far? His bringing unemployment down to decades old levels? Large job increases? $100 billion off the debt? Illegal immigration being hammered?

I think those thinking of peeling away are being duped, and not paying attention to the work being done and more so on drama, things with little to no proof, anonymous sources... IMO, these folks are the easily swayed and duped by the Dems, and lord knows who else involved in leaks and such.

I think you really need to look at how he got elected, his 'core' was just not enough-by quite a lot. Hillary ran a terrible campaign, dissing not just Trump supporters, but many traditional Democrat voters. She avoided blue collar and rural areas, concentrating on the 'non-deplorables.' Trump spoke to them, many crossed over.

Then there were those who had serious reservations about him for many different reasons, but traditionally vote Republican or against someone as liberal as Hillary. Trump's campaign as evidence by so many here, tried to label anyone who wouldn't get on the 'train' by the end, were liberals or something else. It worked on many. Those folks are not 'tied' to Trump as much as against Hillary. Same to perhaps an even greater degree by those disaffected Democrats.

But, with not just the accusations, but the bewildering actions and statements by the President, that are going to have many of these 'non-core' voters looking at alternatives come 2018/2020, IF there isn't some coming normal.

I am serious in wanting him to succeed, I don't put much credence in 'he's not a politician,' as he is a very smart guy. I do think he's been blindsided by how quickly a 'do nothing' Congress can suddenly do a lot to stymie him. Again, he's a smart guy, so one would hope he'd begin listening to those in leadership that may not have supported him, but do want him to succeed.

In a way he's been 'lucky' with his opposition, they are so repulsive to someone like myself, he will buy time.

Kathianne
05-22-2017, 07:39 AM
That's about exactly what I read, must have been the same thing I read that you saw. :)

Up early and reading. What I'm noticing is that without any self-generated crisis, there's some attention being paid to what has happened in the 'news' lately. A good thing:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-trump-media-coverage-harvard-kass-0521-20170519-column.html

Column: Media fair to Trump? Harvard says no.

John Kass (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/chinews-john-kass-20130507-staff.html#nt=byline)

Kathianne
05-22-2017, 07:52 AM
Here's another, demonstrating that there's many more than one child in public office:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/22/ca-dems-keep-classy-digital-salute-trump-convention/

CA Dems keep it classy with digital salute to Trump at conventionPOSTED AT 8:41 AM ON MAY 22, 2017 BY ED MORRISSEY

Kathianne
05-22-2017, 07:55 AM
Ok, one more to illustrate what quick survey of 'news' readily found this morning:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dnc-chair-tom-perez-heckled-by-sanders-camp-in-california/article/2623769

DNC Chair Tom Perez heckled by Sanders' camp in Californiaby John Siciliano (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/author/john-siciliano) | <time itemprop="datePublished" datetime="2017-05-21T18:10:40-04:00" style="box-sizing: inherit;">May 21, 2017</time> (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dnc-chair-tom-perez-heckled-by-sanders-camp-in-california/article/2623769#)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-22-2017, 09:23 AM

Those seeking to destroy not only Trump but the Republican party as well, are not going to stop, unless forced to stop. They are hellbent on destroying our Nation AS IT WAS FOUNDED, our Constitution and are dishonorable ffing scum.
Tis best we all understand that these type of scum are murderous in their hearts and black souls, worthy of only contempt and when able , deserve a good, swift kick to the head, IMHO.
A great many are not merely blinded or brainwashed, but are deliberately engaged in treason. A sad truth..
Yes, we must keep our wits about us but even more important, is that we must always note what these people are and not let this charade go forth about they are just the usual political foes..
For what rules the Dem party is a cabal that seeks a clever destruction, and not just by the ballot-box and legal change (obama's 8 years should have proved that to any that are not blind, imho).-Tyr