PDA

View Full Version : Trump told Russians Comey is 'nut job,' report says

pete311
05-19-2017, 03:02 PM
“I just fired the head of the FBI,” Trump, according to a document read to the Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Trump told Russians Comey is 'nut job,' report says
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/19/trump-told-russians-comey-is-nut-job-report-says.html

What is funny is that Trump might be able to get away with everything if he'd just shut his trap.

Black Diamond
05-19-2017, 03:04 PM
“I just fired the head of the FBI,” Trump, according to a document read to the Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/19/trump-told-russians-comey-is-nut-job-report-says.html

What is funny is that Trump might be able to get away with everything if he'd just shut his trap.
There is nothing to get away with.

NightTrain
05-19-2017, 03:09 PM
Another 'unnamed official'.

Nifty.

jimnyc
05-19-2017, 04:05 PM

Get away with what? Calling someone names? :lol:

Let me ask you a serious question. Why don't you think Trump didn't just fire him the week he took office?

Gunny
05-19-2017, 04:53 PM
Another 'unnamed official'.

Nifty.
And in this corner, weighing in at 250 The masked wrestler from parts unknown, Na-a-a-a-meless Sto-o-o-o-ge . :rolleyes:

Kathianne
05-19-2017, 05:50 PM
While Trump is in the air, leaks are continuing. Watching Fox's Special Report, the panel is saying the White House needs to look at WHY they have a Niagara of leaks going on, in spite of it being illegal and could be prosecuted.

I don't think the panel, one of whom is with the Examiner, a pretty pro-Trump outlet, are out to get Trump. Once again, I think they are trying to send a message, much like some of the leakers are trying to get it through to the dangers facing the White House. All were in agreement that the level of leaks is beyond 'Obama holdovers,' as too many of the leaks are coming from some that are obviously very close to the President with the information that is getting out. They are concerned about where things are going and can't seem to effect change from within.

OT, Comey is going to be testifying to Senate Intelligence Committee in public, after Memorial Day.

aboutime
05-19-2017, 06:41 PM

petey. Sounds like TRUMP also was talking about YOU!:dance:

If there is NOTHING to get away with. What would you suggest he is getting away with, besides pissing YOU off?

NightTrain
05-19-2017, 08:00 PM
And in this corner, weighing in at 250 The masked wrestler from parts unknown, Na-a-a-a-meless Sto-o-o-o-ge . :rolleyes:

:laugh2:

Ray Stevens - Ballad of the Blue Cyclone?

Black Diamond
05-19-2017, 08:02 PM
And in this corner, weighing in at 250 The masked wrestler from parts unknown, Na-a-a-a-meless Sto-o-o-o-ge . :rolleyes: NightTrain

i went straight into get in the ring.

Gunny
05-19-2017, 08:18 PM
:laugh2:

Ray Stevens - Ballad of the Blue Cyclone?

Dusty Rhodes as the Midnight Rider. Like nobody could figure out who he was.:laugh2:

Russ
05-19-2017, 08:23 PM

It is refreshing to have a President that tells the truth. Comey is a freakin' nut job.

Kathianne
05-20-2017, 07:32 AM
Somewhere jimnyc brought up the Obama leftovers and why they aren't gone. Someone else thought they were 'civil service positions' but that's not the level at which the leaking is occurring.

All Trump has to do is either appoint new appointments or eliminate the position they currently hold.

All Presidents have the civil service filled positions, (by definition) and all have to decide which political appointments to make. Why is it taking so long?

Still, these leaks coming one after another and seemingly escalating, are much higher up than civil servants or even in all likelihood at the level Obama political appointees would have access to such information. Unless the administration has been totally deaf to the political advice he's been given by professional politicos.

Yesterday's story regarding Comey, not denied in substance by the WH could only be coming from someone in the room or someone preparing the summaries. That is very high up.

At some point Trump and his closest advisors have to start asking themselves what is happening within the WH that is causing this level of betrayal? Why are so many trying to deal with Trump through the media-either to undermine or to communicate or both?

All presidents face the problems in transition and being an 'outsider' certainly carries its own challenges in this aspect, BUT he does have folks that know how it's supposed to work and deal with the bumps that would come through missteps. The problem does seem to be a choice somewhere along the line to stop fully implementing the transition appointments and some sort of system for communicating from within.

Gunny
05-20-2017, 09:58 AM
Somewhere @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) brought up the Obama leftovers and why they aren't gone. Someone else thought they were 'civil service positions' but that's not the level at which the leaking is occurring.

All Trump has to do is either appoint new appointments or eliminate the position they currently hold.

All Presidents have the civil service filled positions, (by definition) and all have to decide which political appointments to make. Why is it taking so long?

Still, these leaks coming one after another and seemingly escalating, are much higher up than civil servants or even in all likelihood at the level Obama political appointees would have access to such information. Unless the administration has been totally deaf to the political advice he's been given by professional politicos.

Yesterday's story regarding Comey, not denied in substance by the WH could only be coming from someone in the room or someone preparing the summaries. That is very high up.

At some point Trump and his closest advisors have to start asking themselves what is happening within the WH that is causing this level of betrayal? Why are so many trying to deal with Trump through the media-either to undermine or to communicate or both?

All presidents face the problems in transition and being an 'outsider' certainly carries its own challenges in this aspect, BUT he does have folks that know how it's supposed to work and deal with the bumps that would come through missteps. The problem does seem to be a choice somewhere along the line to stop fully implementing the transition appointments and some sort of system for communicating from within.

Try keeping it in one thread huh? I don't need to explain who is what in every "Trump is bad" thread ad nauseum. I worked in DC. You? I'll stick with MY assessment.

You have NO idea where the leaks are coming from. I at least have experience on the topic. And that ain't bragging. I hated every minute of having to work for and with those chair polishing idiots inside the Ring around the Congo.

Your arguments are all over the place instead of one or two. I need to just copy my post so I can paste mem 10 freakin times.:rolleyes:

Kathianne
05-20-2017, 10:09 AM
Try keeping it in one thread huh? I don't need to explain who is what in every "Trump is bad" thread ad nauseum. I worked in DC. You? I'll stick with MY assessment.

You have NO idea where the leaks are coming from. I at least have experience on the topic. And that ain't bragging. I hated every minute of having to work for and with those chair polishing idiots inside the Ring around the Congo.

Your arguments are all over the place instead of one or two. I need to just copy my post so I can paste mem 10 freakin times.:rolleyes:

You'll notice that you are responding on all these different threads, I at least took a stab at finding the post I referred to, wasn't able to, which is why I couldn't be certain it was jimnyc that made it.

I also try to find out what people are referring to in their responses, I can't do that with someone who just criticizes where responses are and throws out, 'I know because I know from what I deduced x number of years ago. That makes me right and no matter what you are wrong.' Forgive me for not agreeing with you. I may be wrong and you right on so many things. I acknowledge that possibility. You may have some things I can learn from, but that's impossible when you give out little or no information, just a proclamation of your position in DC or wherever in the world, long ago.

Gunny
05-20-2017, 12:13 PM
You'll notice that you are responding on all these different threads, I at least took a stab at finding the post I referred to, wasn't able to, which is why I couldn't be certain it was @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) that made it.

I also try to find out what people are referring to in their responses, I can't do that with someone who just criticizes where responses are and throws out, 'I know because I know from what I deduced x number of years ago. That makes me right and no matter what you are wrong.' Forgive me for not agreeing with you. I may be wrong and you right on so many things. I acknowledge that possibility. You may have some things I can learn from, but that's impossible when you give out little or no information, just a proclamation of your position in DC or wherever in the world, long ago.

I don't need to make note. I don't have much choice, now do I? I think I've made my stance clear for YEARS on endless threads on one topic, and or derailing every thread to that one topic. It's nothing new.

When I know what I am talking about. I know what I am talking about. I had to avoid getting caught up in that political crap for 4+ years. I didn't ask for it. Circumstances dictated it. I'm a lot more educated than you give me credit for. My first MOS in the Corps was observing people and patterns and behavior and watching for the slightest change. I never stopped. I do it to this day.

Nothing has changed in the way the bureaucrats the game. That's the whole point. They hate change and anyone rocking their boat is the enemy. I've talked to people at HQMC as recent as 3 years ago that in the same job they were when I was there 20 years go.

Kathianne
05-20-2017, 01:37 PM
I don't need to make note. I don't have much choice, now do I? I think I've made my stance clear for YEARS on endless threads on one topic, and or derailing every thread to that one topic. It's nothing new.

When I know what I am talking about. I know what I am talking about. I had to avoid getting caught up in that political crap for 4+ years. I didn't ask for it. Circumstances dictated it. I'm a lot more educated than you give me credit for. My first MOS in the Corps was observing people and patterns and behavior and watching for the slightest change. I never stopped. I do it to this day.

Nothing has changed in the way the bureaucrats the game. That's the whole point. They hate change and anyone rocking their boat is the enemy. I've talked to people at HQMC as recent as 3 years ago that in the same job they were when I was there 20 years go.

Oh Gunny, I could give a damn about your schooling, I've no doubt you're one of the smartest folks I've met. You need to stop crap like that, it makes you sound like someone who whines and talks about crap-literally.

Wasn't just referring to bureaucrats, as my post made clear. The most serious leaks are not coming from them or the Obama holdovers, but from within. A good leader wouldn't have that going on. However, I DO think Trump could turn it around, but then he'd have to stop with the tweets and the revenge politics, is he disciplined enough?

jimnyc
05-20-2017, 02:11 PM
Yet ANOTHER Trump/Russia story? Yeps! But this is more of a Comey thread... I didn't even think about anything regarding a new thread until just now. I'll peek around and find the best thread to merge it into...

Figure that, glad he figured it out after all this time, and after his firing. :rolleyes:

---

First on CNN: Comey now believes Trump was trying to influence him, source says

Washington (CNN)Former FBI Director James Comey now believes that President Donald Trump was trying to influence his judgment about the Russia probe, a person familiar with his thinking says, but whether that influence amounts to obstruction of justice remains an open question.

"You have to have intent in order to obstruct justice in the criminal sense," the source said, adding that "intent is hard to prove."

Comey will testify publicly before the Senate intelligence committee after Memorial Day, the panel's leaders announced Friday.

The central question at that blockbuster hearing will be whether Comey believed the President was trying to interfere with his investigation.

Rest here - http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/19/politics/james-comey-trump-influence/index.html

Black Diamond
05-20-2017, 02:16 PM
"one source with knowledge" this is hilarious.

aboutime
05-20-2017, 06:28 PM
It is refreshing to have a President that tells the truth. Comey is a freakin' nut job.

Russ. Unlike petey, and the Dems who want to stifle FREE SPEECH. They simply hate being confronted, reminded, shown, demonstrated...HONESTY, and TRUTH.

We all need to remember. The Dems, like petey. Have, and celebrate their OWN VERSIONS of what they laughingly call....Truth. Because their TRUTH has been made-up, and authorized by the Democrat party, with the Dollars of the DNC. Both of whom DETERMINE what IS, or ISN'T their versions of the truth.

So. If our President says he thinks Comey is a "NUT JOB". Why should we doubt him? Especially after listening to the FEEBLE RANTS OF MAXINE WATERS, and NANCY PELOSI. The duo who are both fighting for the RE-MAKE ofDUMBER, AND DUMBERER?