PDA

View Full Version : Trump reaps $110 billion dollar arms deal

jimnyc
05-20-2017, 01:40 PM
Under siege in Washington, Trump reaps Saudi arms deal, stronger ties

RIYADH (Reuters) - Under political fire at home, U.S. President Donald Trump sealed a $110 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia on Saturday on his maiden foreign trip as he struggled to shift attention from the aftermath of his firing of the director of the FBI.

The arms deal, plus other investments that U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said could total up to $350 billion, was the central achievement of Trump's first day in Riyadh, first stop on a nine-day journey through the Middle East and Europe.

Speaking to journalists after a ceremony to exchange agreements, Trump said it was a "tremendous day" and spoke of "hundreds of billions of dollars of investments into the United States and jobs, jobs, jobs. So I would like to thank all of the people of Saudi Arabia."

King Salman gave Trump a remarkably warm greeting, meeting him at the steps of Air Force One on arrival, shaking the hand of Trump's wife, Melania, riding with Trump in his limousine and spending most of the day with him.

Rest here - https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-president-trump-arrives-saudi-arabia-tv-065429733.html

jimnyc
05-20-2017, 01:54 PM
Btw, not sure who helped with this deal along with Trump, if anyone, but this is supposedly the largest deal in American history.

Black Diamond
05-20-2017, 02:08 PM
Btw, not sure who helped with this deal along with Trump, if anyone, but this is supposedly the largest deal in American history.
see this is what i am talking about. he has done huge things. but all anyone talks about is his tweets and (via implication) how he and putin stole the election from the witch.

Kathianne
05-20-2017, 02:21 PM
see this is what i am talking about. he has done huge things. but all anyone talks about is his tweets and (via implication) how he and putin stole the election from the witch.

Not really, Jim just posted this and he got the link from yahoo. NT constantly is posting the wins. Heck, if you look in politics you'll find more than a few threads I started that were about the good things Trump has gotten done.

There's no moratorium on good news, likewise on bad. Indeed, there is a problem in focusing on just one or the other.

Yesterday I repeated argued that Trump himself, since it is he who hits the twitter button, should blast off on his accomplishments, restraining himself from responding to any negatives.

The WH communications should be the same, whenever possible. Responses to negatives should be polite and cursory and truthful. Then stop. Meanwhile, highlight without extreme bragging, all successes.

Black Diamond
05-20-2017, 02:32 PM
Not really, Jim just posted this and he got the link from yahoo. NT constantly is posting the wins. Heck, if you look in politics you'll find more than a few threads I started that were about the good things Trump has gotten done.

There's no moratorium on good news, likewise on bad. Indeed, there is a problem in focusing on just one or the other.

Yesterday I repeatedly argued that Trump himself, since it is he who hits the twitter button, should blast off on his accomplishments, restraining himself from responding to any negatives.

The WH communications should be the same, whenever possible. Responses to negatives should be polite and cursory and truthful. Then stop. Meanwhile, highlight without extreme bragging, all successes.
I should stop using words like "all" and "only". But the headlines and media attention is for the overwhelming most part focused on Russia and Comey.

Kathianne
05-20-2017, 02:36 PM
I should stop using words like "all" and "only". But the headlines and media attention is for the overwhelming most part focused on Russia and Comey.

Actually it's easy enough to find the articles about the successes, what is preventing so many on the right from seeing them is often the built in bias within the headlines and nearly always the stories themselves. It's what has turned me off from the daily paper. They will slip in all negative stories in someway even when the story is about something positive.

I hear you, but it's creating a self-induced paranoia for many.

revelarts
05-21-2017, 08:41 AM
I understand wanting to find "good news" about Trump, but keep it real.
there's more to consider than pumping up Trump's rep as a "deal maker".

SO please tell me why the U.S. selling SAUDI ARABIA billions in weapons is good for the U.S. and the M.E. besides the "jobs" / the fat paychecks for the Military industrial complex?
The Saudis are NOT strait players in the M.E.. They have been caught and are known to be funding and arming AQ and ISIS, likely had ties to 911 and are the fountain head of the WORSE brands of Islam on the planet, the Wahhabi Sunnis. There imams are radical. Their women aren't allowed to drive. they cut off people's heads.

But somehow this deal is ALL GOOD NEWS?
give them MORE weapons? for what? to figh.... defend against WHO exactly? Iran? Syria? Israel?
I just don't get the celebration here.

Gunny
05-21-2017, 09:26 AM

SO please tell me why the U.S. selling SAUDI ARABIA billions in weapons is good for the U.S. and the M.E. besides the "jobs" / the fat paychecks for the Military industrial complex?
The Saudis are NOT strait players in the M.E.. They have been caught and are known to be funding and arming AQ and ISIS, likely had ties to 911 and are the fountain head of the WORSE brands of Islam on the planet, the Wahhabi Sunnis. There imams are radical. Their women aren't allowed to drive. they cut off people's heads.

give them MORE weapons? for what? to figh.... defend against WHO exactly? Iran? Syria? Israel?
I just don't get the celebration here.Off your meds again, I see. "Military industrial complex". :tinfoil::lmao: I didn't know "militaty industrial complex" types still existed. I thought maybe genetics had weeded you out of the pool.

Simple Math for you, Rowdy Roddy Piper ... SA is going to buy them from someone. Might as well be us. What you quack types alwats fail to mention is they get nine of our smart technology.

For your edification, the Sunni would not exist if not for the Shia, who openly support terrorism. Al qaeda would not exist if not for the Shia. TheAQ is a militant arm of the wahabbi's begun expressly to combat the more radical Shia who were trying to move west long before we in the picture.

Class over. Take a history class in the ME. It might teach you something.

revelarts
05-21-2017, 04:34 PM
.. SA is going to buy them from someone. Might as well be us. What you quack types alwats fail to mention is they get nine of our smart technology.

Soo Russia needs weapons, China needs weapons, Isis needs Weapons, AQ needs weapons, Iran needs weapons, Heck North Korea wants Nukes.
AND well..THEY'RE GOING TO BUY THEM FROM SOMEONE!!! it may as well be from the U.S.A is what you're saying. It means good JOBS!!!
Trump can make the BEST deals mm hmm
People are going to buy Crystal Meth from someone. Might as well be us too.

SaveSave

Black Diamond
05-21-2017, 04:41 PM
Actually it's easy enough to find the articles about the successes, what is preventing so many on the right from seeing them is often the built in bias within the headlines and nearly always the stories themselves. It's what has turned me off from the daily paper. They will slip in all negative stories in someway even when the story is about something positive.

I hear you, but it's creating a self-induced paranoia for many.
I agree it's easy. But not as easy as the nonstop headlines from CNN, New York Times, msnbc, etc with their nonstop Putin trump conspiracy theory

Black Diamond
05-21-2017, 06:17 PM

I just don't get the celebration here.
Why have we always cuddled up with the Saudis ?