PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon plans to 'annihilate' IS fighters

jimnyc
05-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Washington (AFP) - President Donald Trump has instructed the Pentagon to "annihilate" the Islamic State group in Syria in a bid to prevent escaped foreign fighters from returning home, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Friday.

The move to encircle then kill as many jihadists in place as possible -- rather than letting them exit a city and targeting them as they flee -- reflects an increased urgency to stop battle-hardened jihadists bringing their military expertise and ideology back to European capitals and other areas.

The president has "directed a tactical shift from shoving ISIS out of safe locations in an attrition fight to surrounding the enemy in their strongholds so we can annihilate ISIS," Mattis said, using an acronym for IS.

"The intent is to prevent the return home of escaped foreign fighters."

Trump, who campaigned on a pledge to quickly defeat IS, signed an executive order soon after taking office giving his generals 30 days to come up with a revised plan to wipe the jihadists out.

Rest here - https://www.yahoo.com/news/pentagon-plans-annihilate-fighters-220433783.html

Gunny
05-24-2017, 06:59 PM
Washington (AFP) - President Donald Trump has instructed the Pentagon to "annihilate" the Islamic State group in Syria in a bid to prevent escaped foreign fighters from returning home, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Friday.

The move to encircle then kill as many jihadists in place as possible -- rather than letting them exit a city and targeting them as they flee -- reflects an increased urgency to stop battle-hardened jihadists bringing their military expertise and ideology back to European capitals and other areas.

The president has "directed a tactical shift from shoving ISIS out of safe locations in an attrition fight to surrounding the enemy in their strongholds so we can annihilate ISIS," Mattis said, using an acronym for IS.

"The intent is to prevent the return home of escaped foreign fighters."

Trump, who campaigned on a pledge to quickly defeat IS, signed an executive order soon after taking office giving his generals 30 days to come up with a revised plan to wipe the jihadists out.

Rest here - https://www.yahoo.com/news/pentagon-plans-annihilate-fighters-220433783.html

It can work. It'll depend on how much impact the wailing and gnashing of teeth on the left has.

aboutime
05-24-2017, 07:12 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIEE6szOCKllet-Ct-cqR4ONdYaAghOfPZLN1W0OjNls6RUF5Q

Gunny
05-24-2017, 07:36 PM
I'm not concerned with whether or not we are capable of doing it. That's easy.

But you know the left, soundboarded by the leftwingnut MSM and all their disloyal followers on faceplantbook are gong to go high and to the right. How the right/GOP reacts to their childishness is going to matter.

aboutime
05-24-2017, 08:13 PM
I'm not concerned with whether or not we are capable of doing it. That's easy.

But you know the left, soundboarded by the leftwingnut MSM and all their disloyal followers on faceplantbook are gong to go high and to the right. How the right/GOP reacts to their childishness is going to matter.

Gunny. Trump should make a speech, inviting every AMERICAN who hates him, to send their names to the IRS, and the PENTAGON.

The President can also announce that those AMERICAN HATERS can also REFUSE to receive any protection from U.S. Police Forces, or the Military by sending their addresses to the ISIS headquarters...wherever that is? Telling ISIS they hate their president, more than they fear being BEHEADED, HUNG, TORTURED, or forced to Listen to NANCY PELOSI, or MAXINE WATERS showing their fans THE FINGER, while YELLING..."F TRUMP".

http://youtu.be/mGiOW5x_ljM

gabosaurus
05-25-2017, 12:16 AM

So Trump plans to invade Syria? Does he even realize the consequences of this?

CSM
05-25-2017, 06:44 AM
So Trump plans to invade Syria? Does he even realize the consequences of this?

Do you live under a rock?

Gunny
05-25-2017, 09:58 AM
Do you live under a rock?No shit, Sergeant Major. Mess duty quota FILLED. I could nave sworn it said surround the enemy and tighten the noose so they can't escape.

One with functioning brain housing group might assume that means seal the Syria border, not invade it? I can't imagine Assad being all that ticked off about us destroying ISIS for him. He'll whine when we're done with his dirty work.

Be that as it may, ISIS is THE threat. All nations involved should be concerned. Turkey needs to put its Kurdaphobia aside, and WE need to put our perpetual hard-on for Assad and trying to force feed our version of "democracy" on others aside and take out ISIS. Likewise Russia.

Anyone that wants to can argue until they are blue in the face, but fact is, idiots like Saddam Hussein and Assad keep these fruitloop Islamic radical terrorists in check. We're just too busy trying to force and ideal (democracy) half the people in this country (leftwingnuts) don't believe in on people that have no idea what democracy even is, and quite frankly, don't care.

We go in and annihilate ISIS and leave. Let them fix their own shit with a warning: pose a threat to world stability again and we'll be back.

gabosaurus
05-25-2017, 03:25 PM
Reading comprehension is essential: "President Donald Trump has instructed the Pentagon to "annihilate" the Islamic State group in Syria in a bid to prevent escaped foreign fighters from returning home, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Friday."

pete311
05-25-2017, 03:56 PM
Looks like instead they blew up 100 innocent civilians
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pentagon-report-says-more-than-100-civilians-killed-in-march-bombing-in-iraq/

Gunny
05-25-2017, 04:05 PM
Reading comprehension is essential: "President Donald Trump has instructed the Pentagon to "annihilate" the Islamic State group in Syria in a bid to prevent escaped foreign fighters from returning home, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Friday."Which I excel at and always have. YOUR filter however is f*cked up every time you open your mouth.

Annihilating ISIS does not say "Invade Syria, does it? *This is the part where you nod your empty head and say, "You're right , Gunny, "annihilate ISIS in Syria" does NOT say "invade Syria. I'm sorry I can neither comprehend nor read the English language and need to th shut the f*ck up."*

gabosaurus
05-25-2017, 05:41 PM
Which I excel at and always have. YOUR filter however is f*cked up every time you open your mouth. Annihilating ISIS does not say "Invade Syria, does it? *This is the part where you nod your empty head and say, "You're right , Gunny, "annihilate ISIS in Syria" does NOT say "invade Syria. I'm sorry I can neither comprehend nor read the English language and need to th shut the f*ck up."* Sorry, Gunny. You're a nice guy, but reading comprehension is not one of your strong points. If you want to "annihilate ISIS in Syria," you need to be in Syria to do so. If you read the entire story, it concerns destroying ISIS in Syria and not allowing them to return to their home bases or to encampments in Europe. Logic should tell you that you can't "surround and destroy" ISIS forces in Syria unless you are actually in Syria. And the Syrians are not going to allow American forces to simply walk in and do whatever they want. Now, say "thanks for the correction, Gabby, I will try to do better next time." :cool:

CSM
05-25-2017, 05:47 PM
Looks like instead they blew up 100 innocent civilians
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pentagon-report-says-more-than-100-civilians-killed-in-march-bombing-in-iraq/

I just have to ask, do you even read the articles for which you post a link?

Secondary explosion due to the storage of explosives hidden in the building. Here is a tip for you civilians...DO NOT... I repeat... DO NOT seek shelter in a building where the bad guys are storing explosives! If there are bad guys sniping from the roof...DO NOT ... I repeat...DO NOT enter said building because the good guys just might blow it up.

No Pete, I have no sympathy for the "civilians" in this case.

CSM
05-25-2017, 05:49 PM
I just have to ask, do you even read the articles for which you post a link?

Secondary explosion due to the storage of explosives hidden in the building. Here is a tip for you civilians...DO NOT... I repeat... DO NOT seek shelter in a building where the bad guys are storing explosives! If there are bad guys sniping from the roof...DO NOT ... I repeat...DO NOT enter said building because the good guys just might blow it up.

No Pete, I have no sympathy for the "civilians" in this case.

and just for fun, here is a quote from the linked article:

"The investigation determined that the collapse of the building could not have been caused by the 500 U.S. pound bomb, which contained 196 pounds of explosives. Explosives experts estimated it would take at least 1,000 pounds of TNT distributed throughout the second floor of the building to bring it down.
Explosive residue found at the blast site did not match the type of explosives used in a 500-pound bomb, Isler said, but did match explosives previously used by ISIS.
"They put a lot of work into this set up," Isler said. He concluded ISIS intended the explosives to kill civilians once the sniper's nest was bombed."

So we can blame this on your terrorist buddies.

Gunny
05-25-2017, 05:56 PM
Sorry, Gunny. You're a nice guy, but reading comprehension is not one of your strong points. If you want to "annihilate ISIS in Syria," you need to be in Syria to do so. If you read the entire story, it concerns destroying ISIS in Syria and not allowing them to return to their home bases or to encampments in Europe. Logic should tell you that you can't "surround and destroy" ISIS forces in Syria unless you are actually in Syria. And the Syrians are not going to allow American forces to simply walk in and do whatever they want. Now, say "thanks for the correction, Gabby, I will try to do better next time." :cool:

You need to quit. You're making a fool of yourself. You got about as much chance of keep in up with me in reading and comprehension as you do my 8 years old granddaughter.

Let me draw you up the Private-Private First Class program .... I could annihilate ISIS FROM SYRIA -- Ms trying to put the emphasis on cherrypicked words in a broad statement -- and anywhere else and never step foot on foreign soil.

For your edification, you are wasting your fetid breath on me. I don't care if they turn the entire US military loose on the place and burn the bitch to the ground. I could give one rickety rat's ass what Assad thinks about it. Maybe his tears will grown a garden.

In the mean time, those who don't know WTF they're talking about (you) need to shut up, sit down, stay out the way and observe. You might actually learn something if you aren't careful.

aboutime
05-25-2017, 07:07 PM
Thanks to both gabby, and petey again. One question for both of you. Were you born as dumb, and full of stupidity as you are? Or did you learn to be so dumb, and full of stupidity?

In either case. Both of you keep using the typical, repeated, weary, dumb, ignorant remarks you obviously have both been TRAINED to use from the DNC STUPIDITY BOOK.

Do both of you happen to remember 59 Tomahawks being DEPOSITED in Syria?

WERE NAVY SHIPS "INSIDE" SYRIA?

You both need to review FOREST GUMP (the movie), and stop proving the words of his imaginary mother who said "STUPID IS, AS STUPID DOES". Because both of you are demonstrating that very well here.

gabosaurus
05-25-2017, 08:53 PM
Sorry, Gunny. I am sure you were a hellacious soldier and leader, but you have no clue about diplomacy. Which is required when messing around in the Middle East. Any attack on Syria is going to draw a military response from its allies. Including Saudi Arabia, with its full supply of American weapons. Trump knows that if he attempts military action, his chances of opening a Trump Hotel in Riyadh or Mecca will go down the drain. Along with all the Americans who are currently working in Arab countries.

aboutime
05-25-2017, 09:06 PM
Sorry, Gunny. I am sure you were a hellacious soldier and leader, but you have no clue about diplomacy. Which is required when messing around in the Middle East. Any attack on Syria is going to draw a military response from its allies. Including Saudi Arabia, with its full supply of American weapons. Trump knows that if he attempts military action, his chances of opening a Trump Hotel in Riyadh or Mecca will go down the drain. Along with all the Americans who are currently working in Arab countries.

Okay gabby. So, since you claim to be such an authority on diplomacy, based on your belittling of Gunny...coming from a self-proclaimed expert.
Tell us how effective you have been with Diplomacy, and where did you SERVE your nation lately?

You gabby, are so blinded by your miserable hatred of SELF first. You bring your Trollishness here to pretend to be such an authority on Liberalist Lies YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE IN.

gabby. Why don't you just buy a ticket to IRAN, or SYRIA, and prove how intelligent you are, and how much you HATE being an AMERICAN to the ISIS hero's you seem to intent on joining?