PDA

View Full Version : It’s Evident Trump Is Under Attack From His Own Staff

jimnyc
05-20-2017, 02:08 PM
I don't think this should be a huge surprise to many, but the "who" needs to be found out, and ASAP. I think part of the reason he is looking like a "complete moron" at times IS because of these leaks. Like they say, no loyalty. I'd fire the entire WH and start over if I could! :laugh:

What charges, if any, could someone get, if they're in this administration but yet leaking stories?

---

As Leaks Pile Up, It’s Evident Trump Is Under Attack From His Own Staff

It’s coming from inside the house. Throughout Trump’s presidency and increasingly in the past few weeks, leaks from staff members to the press are undermining the president.

The New York Times reported Friday exact details of Trump’s meeting last week with Russian officials. The report cited a document read to them by an “American official,” which summarized the meeting. “I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Trump said, according to the report.

The president then added, “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.” The White House did not dispute this account.

Shortly after this story broke, The Daily Beast quoted a senior administration official saying, “Every day [Trump] looks more and more like a complete moron.”

Rest here - http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/19/as-leaks-pile-up-its-evident-trump-is-under-attack-from-his-own-staff/

Networks: The White House leaks we're receiving are aimed at undermining the president

The constant flow of leaks the media has eagerly reported over the last week are coming from within the White House -- and are clearly intended to undermine the president.

That's the conclusion coming from the news media itself, which is the obvious benefactor from the torrent of embarrassing intel being transmitted from the West Wing directly to major media newsrooms.

"It has to be acknowledged that had there are folks in the White House that are leaking things are not advantageous to the president and that’s a reality that he’s going to have to deal with,” MSNBC's Hans Nichols said Friday afternoon.

"President Trump is dealing with something other presidents haven’t necessarily had to deal with," Nichols explained. "That is, a remarkable amount of leaking within his own administration."

"I’ve covered the previous two presidents," he continued. "You just didn’t get readouts of things that the president of the United States was saying to his foreign leaders, not in real-time but at least ten, 12 days later. You had to wait weeks if not months, years for that to come out."

Rest here - https://news.grabien.com/story-networks-these-white-house-leaks-are-aimed-undermining-presi

Kathianne
05-20-2017, 02:16 PM
I agree with the need to root out and prosecute where possible.

Yet, it does need to be pointed out that there is something 'different' going on with this administration. A leader, leads and earns loyalty. For most that comes even before inauguration, but nearly always within a few weeks.

In this case, the number and the speed of release is increasing and is looking like something else.

There is also a warning with the 'fire them all,' since much of the problem he has is the number of 'neophytes' to politics, at least at this level. Part of the reason why would be that a non-politician would want the same and that is what was hired. Part of the reason too, was that many experienced people at that level were not applying for the positions, many figured they wouldn't get hired as they hadn't joined in his campaign; others because they feared what would happen. So far there is little coming out that would attract the experienced people he needs.

jimnyc
05-20-2017, 02:23 PM
I agree with the need to root out and prosecute where possible.

Yet, it does need to be pointed out that there is something 'different' going on with this administration. A leader, leads and earns loyalty. For most that comes even before inauguration, but nearly always within a few weeks.

In this case, the number and the speed of release is increasing and is looking like something else.

There is also a warning with the 'fire them all,' since much of the problem he has is the number of 'neophytes' to politics, at least at this level. Part of the reason why would be that a non-politician would want the same and that is what was hired. Part of the reason too, was that many experienced people at that level were not applying for the positions, many figured they wouldn't get hired as they hadn't joined in his campaign; others because they feared what would happen. So far there is little coming out that would attract the experienced people he needs.

It could be someone within the administration, but a connection elsewhere? Someone that just hates him? A connection to a Dem source? Still could be leftovers? A combination?

Whoever it is needs to be found, and I think that needs to be high priority.

IMO, he DOES lead. But it's hard to see that, or lead, when there are things like the leaks happening from pretty much before he even took office. And while this article makes me think, and is about his own staff, I'm still leaning towards a leftover, or more likely someone in an intel agency. And then it speeding up with the releases seemed to have came about after Comey's firing. And it would be difficult to trace down leaks, if it were coming from within an intel agency. :(

Kathianne
05-20-2017, 02:29 PM
It could be someone within the administration, but a connection elsewhere? Someone that just hates him? A connection to a Dem source? Still could be leftovers? A combination?

Whoever it is needs to be found, and I think that needs to be high priority.

IMO, he DOES lead. But it's hard to see that, or lead, when there are things like the leaks happening from pretty much before he even took office. And while this article makes me think, and is about his own staff, I'm still leaning towards a leftover, or more likely someone in an intel agency. And then it speeding up with the releases seemed to have came about after Comey's firing. And it would be difficult to trace down leaks, if it were coming from within an intel agency. :(

Time will tell, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be 'intel' folks that released his conversation with regard to 'nutjob.' I don't even think the intel leaks are due to the firing, but what followed, including the WAY he was fired. Then he just had to keep up the insults, against someone that has given a substantial number of years in service, regardless of what he thought of him personally. Some thoughts should be kept to oneself.

Nonsense like the talk about Spicer's suits and all the talk about 'who's going to be out next', knowing that insults are sure to follow, do not engender loyalty. If he talks about people like he did about Christie, Spicer, etc., one might figure they are next.

jimnyc
05-20-2017, 02:41 PM
Time will tell, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be 'intel' folks that released his conversation with regard to 'nutjob.' I don't even think the intel leaks are due to the firing, but what followed, including the WAY he was fired. Then he just had to keep up the insults, against someone that has given a substantial number of years in service, regardless of what he thought of him personally. Some thoughts should be kept to oneself.

Nonsense like the talk about Spicer's suits and all the talk about 'who's going to be out next', knowing that insults are sure to follow, do not engender loyalty. If he talks about people like he did about Christie, Spicer, etc., one might figure they are next.

I couldn't care less about insults and crap like that. At least not unless it's Pence or someone else on his team! LOL But I wanted someone who isn't PC, and I sure got one! But things like nut job, or retarded things on Twitter? The little things don't bug me. And I truly couldn't care less how many years of service someone has/had if they aren't doing their job appropriately. But then again, I'm obviously not a PC person either, so certain things may not bug me as much.

But phone calls with foreign leaders? Who would have access to something like that? I believe that happened twice, so it wasn't just a one off where someone was in the room.

And then even more importantly of course, IMO, are leaks about stuff with Russia. The worst being leaks that have no source and turn out false. Then we have leaks intended to smear, but may not have anything to do with him personally.

Kathianne
05-20-2017, 02:50 PM
I couldn't care less about insults and crap like that. At least not unless it's Pence or someone else on his team! LOL But I wanted someone who isn't PC, and I sure got one! But things like nut job, or retarded things on Twitter? The little things don't bug me. And I truly couldn't care less how many years of service someone has/had if they aren't doing their job appropriately. But then again, I'm obviously not a PC person either, so certain things may not bug me as much.

But phone calls with foreign leaders? Who would have access to something like that? I believe that happened twice, so it wasn't just a one off where someone was in the room.

And then even more importantly of course, IMO, are leaks about stuff with Russia. The worst being leaks that have no source and turn out false. Then we have leaks intended to smear, but may not have anything to do with him personally.

I get what you're saying as a 'core' supporter, there are lots of people who totally agree with you. As we discussed yesterday, if Trump cares about his 'support' though, (which has been obvious since day 1), he needs to consider those who don't want his administration to fail, regardless of their personal support. Many are not 'core' supporters or in anyway could be considered 'fans,' rather they want what he purports to be what he'll get done. He won't be able to if forced into resigning or just rendered ineffective because of his own behaviors.

He cannot control the media, he can control his response to it. He can't control the Dems in Congress, but he can avoid antagonizing them-leave that to Republican Congressional leaders, no matter how difficult for him.

He can back up his people, when they speak out for him on his behalf. He does not have to pull the rug out from them or basically make them appear to have been less than truthful, with his middle of the night tweets.

He can show some discipline and deliver on the message of the day, what he wants to accomplish and focusing on his successes. He can avoid digging the knife in someone's back-friend or foe.

None of that is PC, that is doing business.