PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Weekend Plans

NightTrain
05-24-2017, 08:09 AM
What is everyone planning on doing for the big weekend?

We're having a big gathering up at the cabin with at least 3 boats and a dozen people to frame in the shop - there's a lot of materials sitting there from the wintertime freighting activities.

Come out on Monday and launch to Kodiak on Tuesday... going to be a busy week.

Kathianne
05-24-2017, 08:13 AM
What is everyone planning on doing for the big weekend?

We're having a big gathering up at the cabin with at least 3 boats and a dozen people to frame in the shop - there's a lot of materials sitting there from the wintertime freighting activities.

Come out on Monday and launch to Kodiak on Tuesday... going to be a busy week.

No plans. Off Fri & Sat, working Sun & Mon. Maybe grill some meat. ;)

Abbey Marie
05-24-2017, 11:06 AM
No plans either. Turns out I have Shingles. Very painful!

NightTrain
05-24-2017, 11:15 AM

Yikes! My brother got those about 10 years ago and says it was excruciating...

Abbey Marie
05-24-2017, 11:20 AM
Yikes! My brother got those about 10 years ago and says it was excruciating...

So bad! Doctor actually just gave me Vicodin, which I know about from watching House, yikes.

Haven't taken it though, as I really don't like pain meds. If this gets worse, I might have to. Just Tylenol so far.

NightTrain
05-24-2017, 12:27 PM
So bad! Doctor actually just gave me Vicodin, which I know about from watching House, yikes.

Haven't taken it though, as I really don't like pain meds. If this gets worse, I might have to. Just Tylenol so far.

As your attorney, I'm advising you to take one of those with a glass of wine (or beer) and play video games.

After that surgery I had 2 years ago, that's what I did. Good times were had.

Gunny
05-24-2017, 12:46 PM

Haven't taken it though, as I really don't like pain meds. If this gets worse, I might have to. Just Tylenol so far.The daughter would gladly have sapped places with you. She got them when she was due. They postponed her surgery a good five days because of it and no pain meds for preggo's. I like vicodin but good luck getting it from the military. Had it from a civilian oral surgeon.

Problem with me taking it is I feel NO pain (do figure):laugh: I start getting ideas like I can lift the same weights I did when I was 20. Not good when the meds wear off :)

NightTrain
05-24-2017, 01:14 PM
The daughter would gladly have sapped places with you. She got them when she was due. They postponed her surgery a good five days because of it and no pain meds for preggo's. I like vicodin but good luck getting it from the military. Had it from a civilian oral surgeon.

Problem with me taking it is I feel NO pain (do figure):laugh: I start getting ideas like I can lift the same weights I did when I was 20. Not good when the meds wear off :)

Yeah, probably a bad idea to work out under the influence... pain being the signal to stop what you're doing and all.

Kathianne
05-24-2017, 03:07 PM

I'm beginning to think Russ should send you to stay with me for a week or so. You've got to get well! :(

Abbey Marie
05-24-2017, 04:53 PM
I'm beginning to think Russ should send you to stay with me for a week or so. You've got to get well! :(

Thats very sweet! What is your tolerance for someone crying out in pain? I must be such fun to be around...

Kathianne
05-24-2017, 05:03 PM
Thats very sweet! What is your tolerance for someone crying out in pain? I must be such fun to be around...

Hey, I'm deaf! ;) I just will take out my hearing aids.

Abbey Marie
05-24-2017, 05:08 PM
Hey, I'm deaf! ;) I just will take out my hearing aids.

Lol! You are so cool. :thumb: