PDA

View Full Version : Candidate for Montana House seat attacks reporter

gabosaurus
05-25-2017, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I get it. Republicans don't like the media. Doesn't mean you can physically attack them. He'll probably win the election, anyway. :rolleyes:

http://missoulian.com/news/government-and-politics/gianforte-cited-for-misdemeanor-assault-allegedly-body-slammed-reporter/article_f5b0749d-62e1-517b-873a-3602bb3560bb.html

Gunny
05-25-2017, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I get it. Republicans don't like the media. Doesn't mean you can physically attack them. He'll probably win the election, anyway. :rolleyes:

http://missoulian.com/news/government-and-politics/gianforte-cited-for-misdemeanor-assault-allegedly-body-slammed-reporter/article_f5b0749d-62e1-517b-873a-3602bb3560bb.htmlShould be allowed to. Maybe they'd stop foaming at the mouth, disregarding peoples Right to privacy and printing so many lies. When consequences come with actions, pussies especially change their behavior so their little eyelashes don't get bent or their makeup messed up.

jimnyc
05-25-2017, 01:59 PM
He was a reporter for the Guardian, fair game! :coffee:

Gunny
05-25-2017, 02:49 PM
He was a reporter for the Guardian, fair game! :coffee:

I thought the Guardian was a Marvel character? :dunno:

KarlMarx
05-25-2017, 08:19 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right.

They're both wrong. The reporter was in the guy's face when he was told to leave but continued anyway. The fellow who beat the crap out of him, well, there's no excuse for that either.

Only thing this accomplished was to give (censored)s like Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer more ammunition to attack the right.

But at the same time, I blame the Left for creating an atmosphere of belligerence and confrontation with their idiotic marches, riots, and "nasty women" comments... and not to mention the mountains of lies, half truths, and innuendo that they seem to be oh so good at doing. Let's not forget the outright lawbreaking that their presidential candidate and the former president is capable of...

I guess, body slamming a guy in a fit of rage doesn't accomplish anything constructive... but much more so do the antics of the Left....

BoogyMan
05-25-2017, 09:53 PM
Just sayin.....

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9976&stc=1

The idiot was talking up punching a 16 year old kid.

NightTrain
05-25-2017, 10:01 PM
I wonder, will the intrepid Guardian reporter still shove equipment in people's faces after he's been told not to?

The Guardian had already been denied an interview and this was deliberate provoking.

Sounds to me like he needed his ass kicked.

NightTrain
05-26-2017, 07:56 AM
And it's over.

Just 24 hours after being charged with assault for allegedly body-slamming a reporter in his Bozeman campaign office, Republican Greg Gianforte on Thursday defeated Democratic opponent Rob Quist to win the special election for the U.S. House seat in Montana.

Gianforte has been supportive of Trump's travel ban and health care reform, and backed the president's decision to fire former FBI Director James Comey.

Before running for the congressional seat, Gianforte unsuccessfully ran for Governor of Montana in 2016. Before that, he was a technology and software company executive -- his assets range between $96 and $328 million, according to the Associated Press.

Thursday's election leaves Democrats without a win in special elections since November, with Republicans having won contests in Louisiana, Kansas and now Montana. But they'll have more chances next month, as candidates battle for House seats in three special elections in California, Georgia and South Carolina.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/republican-greg-gianforte-wins-montana-special-election-body/story?id=47652910

Gunny
05-26-2017, 09:34 AM
And it's over.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/republican-greg-gianforte-wins-montana-special-election-body/story?id=47652910One would think if the ever so intelligent Dummycrats wanted to pick a fight, They wouldn't pick it in a state that's one big cattle ranch full of redneck cowboys. :laugh:

pete311
05-26-2017, 11:47 AM
Charlie Sykes, a conservative former talk-show host in Wisconsin, told Karen and Bob: “Every time something like Montana happens, Republicans adjust their standards and put an emphasis on team loyalty. They normalize and accept previously unacceptable behavior.”

Gunny
05-26-2017, 12:18 PM
Charlie Sykes, a conservative former talk-show host in Wisconsin, told Karen and Bob: “Every time something like Montana happens, Republicans adjust their standards and put an emphasis on team loyalty. They normalize and accept previously unacceptable behavior.”So when did it become acceptable behavior to get in someone's space? Never has been in my world and I will tell you only once to get the f*ck out of my face.

The media has WAY too much leeway in invading privacy and harassing people. Here's a clue stay out of peoples' faces and respect their privacy?

But, you need manners for that. Must not teach that in leftwingnut school.

pete311
05-26-2017, 12:25 PM
So when did it become acceptable behavior to get in someone's space? Never has been in my world and I will tell you only once to get the f*ck out of my face.

The media has WAY too much leeway in invading privacy and harassing people. Here's a clue stay out of peoples' faces and respect their privacy?

But, you need manners for that. Must not teach that in leftwingnut school.

Words do not justify physical force. End of story.

jimnyc
05-26-2017, 12:27 PM

And the Republican comes out on top anyway. :lol:

pete311
05-26-2017, 12:29 PM
And the Republican comes out on top anyway. :lol:

A Dem does this and you guys would lose your minds. I don't know why you find such behavior funny. He apologized and you still champion him. Quite strange. Civility is dead. Bullies reign.

jimnyc
05-26-2017, 12:33 PM
A Dem does this and you guys would lose your minds. I don't know why you find such behavior funny. He apologized and you still champion him. Quite strange. Civility is dead. Bullies reign.

Exactly, he apologized. He was 100% wrong using any force, and will have to face the courts for that. But I simply find it funny, seeing many liberals thinking that guaranteed a win for them, and it didn't. :) And seeing the outrage from many today.

I made a funny about the Guardian, and then another funny that the (R) won anyway. I never stated his behavior was funny. I never championed him. So stop putting words... you know what I mean.

pete311
05-26-2017, 12:42 PM
Exactly, he apologized. He was 100% wrong using any force, and will have to face the courts for that. But I simply find it funny, seeing many liberals thinking that guaranteed a win for them, and it didn't. :) And seeing the outrage from many today.

I made a funny about the Guardian, and then another funny that the (R) won anyway. I never stated his behavior was funny. I never championed him. So stop putting words... you know what I mean.

Montana will never vote in a Dem

jimnyc
05-26-2017, 12:48 PM

Have no clue. I never even heard of this guy until the supposed assault. But ya never know sometimes. I heard that about a lot of Dem strongholds over the years, only to see a R win. Didn't a republican win in Massachusetts sometime in the past 5 years? But I do get your point.

Maybe that's why he clocked him, he knew he could get away with it! https://i.imgur.com/lGeYkH0.gif

Kathianne
05-26-2017, 12:49 PM

Huh? http://www.montanademocrats.org/our-party/elected-officials

The Democrat governor and other officials might beg to differ.

jimnyc
05-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Huh? http://www.montanademocrats.org/our-party/elected-officials

The Democrat governor and other officials might beg to differ.

Oh man, I just assumed they were like NY, I took Pete's word for it. Why would I do that? :)

Take that, Pete! This is you -----> https://i.imgur.com/XyQ9XvQ.gif

Bilgerat
05-26-2017, 01:07 PM

Democrats DO this Pete, you have a short (or convenient) memory

And the "way back" machine turns on

Way back in June 2010, North Carolina Congressman Bob Etheridge, a seven-term elected Democrat, was asked by a student reporter if he supported the “Obama agenda.” Etheridge promptly attempted to grab the reporter’s cell phone camera, then grab the reporter’s wrist, demanding, “Who are you! Tell me who you are… I have a right to know who you are!” One of the student’s friends, who caught the incident on camera, said, “We’re just here for a project.” When the student in Etheridge’s grip asked to be released, Etheridge instead grabbed him by the neck.

Pics or it didn't happen:

http://www.dailywire.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_full/public/uploads/2017/05/1421911055113.jpg?itok=Kh1fpVdE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v60oNUoHBYM

Democrats rallied to Etheridge’s defense. Here’s Politico reporting at the time:

"Motives matter, and I think you can see who was behind this," said DNC spokesman Brad Woodhouse just now. "This was a Republican party tracking operation. If it wasn't a party tracker or intern, why is the face blurred and why is the source hidden? You know if it had been a right wing blog, they'd identify themselves and they'd be booking this person on TV all day. Republicans know if they admit their involvement in this game of gotcha it will undermine their credibility. One minute this guy is interviewing a member of Congress on camera and the next a video is released with his face blurred out? If that doesn’t tell you this is a Republican Party hatchet job nothing will." A national Democratic Party official e-mailed around a set of talking points about an hour ago, under the subject heading, "Etheridge Gotcha Video Background."

Etheridge apologized, and the media let it go.

Gunny
05-26-2017, 01:09 PM
Words do not justify physical force. End of story.NOTHING justifies you being in MY space and I WILL put you out of it, one way or the other and it is completely justified to most actual men.

Gunny
05-26-2017, 01:15 PM
A Dem does this and you guys would lose your minds. I don't know why you find such behavior funny. He apologized and you still champion him. Quite strange. Civility is dead. Bullies reign.Civility ended when idiot boy got in his face. There's nothing civil about harassing people and/or invading their privacy.

Turn it around. If a gradschool teach got in kid's face and harassed him/her, the teacher would be all over the media as some sort of Nazi heathen and bully. Apply your lefteing rules equally or not at all.

gabosaurus
05-26-2017, 03:17 PM
If you saw the report on Fox News and listened to the tape of the incident, you can see how the incident really went down. It made no difference in the outcome because two-thirds of the state's eligible voters had already cast absentee ballots.

Kathianne
05-26-2017, 03:39 PM
If you saw the report on Fox News and listened to the tape of the incident, you can see how the incident really went down. It made no difference in the outcome because two-thirds of the state's eligible voters had already cast absentee ballots.

Correct, which is why I think that the widespread use of early/absentee voting needs to be gone, with only restricted absentee voting allowed.

jimnyc
05-26-2017, 04:14 PM
if you saw the report on fox news and listened to the tape of the incident, you can see how the incident really went down. It made no difference in the outcome because two-thirds of the state's eligible voters had already cast absentee ballots.

w.g.a.s.

Gunny
05-26-2017, 04:52 PM
Correct, which is why I think that the widespread use of early/absentee voting needs to be gone, with only restricted absentee voting allowed.I disagree. I had to vote absentee the entire time I was a in the military.

What needs to happen is no one have access to the numbers until the appropriate date. It IS possible to do.

I don't like ANY advance poll reporting to include final results in East Coast states that could possibly affect the votes in the West. Everyone wants to talk lax security but this one to me is a no-brainer. Everyone should get the final results at the same time.

aboutime
05-26-2017, 06:29 PM

petey. In a way. You are correct. But...you left out the most important aspect of that.

The MSM, and Liberals everywhere would NEVER REPORT this as quickly. In fact. Like Obama, and the rest of the DNC. They would find a reason to BLAME somebody else.

Elessar
05-26-2017, 06:40 PM

Even when asked politely to back off and give space, much of the aggressive media keeps pushing.
What is left for the one being verbally assaulted or having mics and cams shoved in his face to do?
Walk away as if he is a push-over, thus over-inflating the aggressor's ego more?

Civility among the media aggressors is dead, but it is O.K. for them to be bullies? Strange bunch
of values the lefties wear. Riot, loot, destroy property, shout in people's faces, push into people
they disagree with? That is leftist civility? BUT...then start crying when someone turns the tables on them?

Kathianne
05-26-2017, 07:26 PM
I disagree. I had to vote absentee the entire time I was a in the military.

What needs to happen is no one have access to the numbers until the appropriate date. It IS possible to do.

I don't like ANY advance poll reporting to include final results in East Coast states that could possibly affect the votes in the West. Everyone wants to talk lax security but this one to me is a no-brainer. Everyone should get the final results at the same time.

Wrong, obviously military would be an automatic for absentee voting. Those serving don't have the ability to wait for the latest to happen in order to exercise the franchise. Neither does someone perhaps caring for a loved one whether at home or far away. Ditto someone with serious illness, etc.

Those though that just want to vote 'early' to perhaps gin up numbers or to vote in second location in another state? Take away those possibilities.

Then there are those that just got in the habit of early voting, too bad. Nearly everywhere the polls are open from 6am-7pm.

Gunny
05-26-2017, 07:57 PM
Wrong, obviously military would be an automatic for absentee voting. Those serving don't have the ability to wait for the latest to happen in order to exercise the franchise. Neither does someone perhaps caring for a loved one whether at home or far away. Ditto someone with serious illness, etc.

Those though that just want to vote 'early' to perhaps gin up numbers or to vote in second location in another state? Take away those possibilities.

Then there are those that just got in the habit of early voting, too bad. Nearly everywhere the polls are open from 6am-7pm.

There's no "wrong". Seems to me the problem is with the administrative and (lack of) punitive process for getting caught. Taking away absentee voting solved NEITHER.

It's like anything else. Was a bunch of time and money and cheaters will just figure out how to beat the latest greatest. Absentee voting is not the problem. It's not even a symptom of the problem.

Dishonest people are the problem. Nobody has EVER fixed THAT.

Kathianne
05-26-2017, 08:42 PM
There's no "wrong". Seems to me the problem is with the administrative and (lack of) punitive process for getting caught. Taking away absentee voting solved NEITHER.

It's like anything else. Was a bunch of time and money and cheaters will just figure out how to beat the latest greatest. Absentee voting is not the problem. It's not even a symptom of the problem.

Dishonest people are the problem. Nobody has EVER fixed THAT.

And simplifying, setting up barriers for the dishonest is the best thing to do. Get rid of motor-voter, restrict absentee voting, eliminate early voting (which is wrong in the first place, as theoretically we should have as current information as possible), require id for voters, bring back paper ballots.

Elessar
05-26-2017, 09:32 PM
Nearly everywhere the polls are open from 6am-7pm.

If I was on watch, I could not get a relief to go to my home precinct, even though it was
less than 2 miles away. So a mail-in ballot was much more practical for me.

Kathianne
05-26-2017, 09:49 PM
If I was on watch, I could not get a relief to go to my home precinct, even though it was
less than 2 miles away. So a mail-in ballot was much more practical for me.

and just like Gunny's observation, this is something easy enough to address by the traditional absentee program. What's not so traditional is 35-40% voting weeks before the election.

gabosaurus
05-26-2017, 11:46 PM
I quite often don't like politicians voting party line and their bank accounts instead of common sense. But I am sure if I went to a town hall meeting and punched a member of Congress in the face, I wouldn't be charged with a mere misdemeanor.
But since the media is now the enemy, perhaps a Dem can beat up Sean Hannity and get away with it. :cool: