PDA

View Full Version : First Catholic in WH since JFK

jimnyc
05-25-2017, 01:44 PM
Melania Trump Is First Catholic to Live in White House Since JFK

After Melania Trump met with Pope Francis in the Vatican Wednesday, her spokeswoman confirmed that the First Lady is indeed a Roman Catholic, the first to occupy her post since Jackie Kennedy.

The last time the United States had a Catholic as First Lady was during the presidency of John F. Kennedy, whose wife Jackie Kennedy—like him—was a Roman Catholic. When Melania moves into the White House together with their son Barron this summer, she will become the first Catholic occupant of the White House since the Kennedy era.

On meeting the Pope Wednesday, Melania asked him to bless her rosary and later visited the Bambin Gesù (Baby Jesus) pediatric hospital, where she met with young patients and their families, prayed in a chapel and laid flowers at the feet of a statue of the Virgin Mary.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/25/melania-trump-is-first-catholic-to-live-in-white-house-since-jfk/

Gunny
05-26-2017, 10:48 AM
Hmmm .... isn't there something inherently sinful about a Roman Catholic being married to a "Twitterite"? :dunno:

jimnyc
05-26-2017, 01:01 PM
Hmmm .... isn't there something inherently sinful about a Roman Catholic being married to a "Twitterite"? :dunno:

I think the reason they disclosed this was due to her wearing the veil. Of course the MSM as well as the blogospheres went crazy, that she somehow couldn't respect or be modest in Saudi Arabia, but was able to do so for the pope. Makes sense when you know she's catholic. Why in the world should she cover herself and look like a covered bag or someone with less rights than men? And of course it makes sense in front of the pope.

Gunny
05-26-2017, 01:07 PM
I think the reason they disclosed this was due to her wearing the veil. Of course the MSM as well as the blogospheres went crazy, that she somehow couldn't respect or be modest in Saudi Arabia, but was able to do so for the pope. Makes sense when you know she's catholic. Why in the world should she cover herself and look like a covered bag or someone with less rights than men? And of course it makes sense in front of the pope.I think y'all read WAY too much into some of this stuff sometimes. And of course the whatever-the-hell the "blogosphere" is is going crazy. They think they're important their opinion matters.

Where's all this tolerance on the left? Who freakin' cares if she wears a veil if it's the custom of her church? I don't care if Arabs wear burkhas. (easier to identify :) ) so long as it's their choice.

happyrepublican
06-08-2017, 02:33 AM
What a classy, beautiful First Lady she is. Such a huge upgrade over Michelle and Hillary.