PDA

View Full Version : Guiliani's daughter supporting Obama?

08-06-2007, 04:23 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070806/ap_on_el_pr/giuliani_daughter

Im actually rather surprised this is in the news. They are saying she supported obama because she joined a facebook group. There are lots of people, particularly political that are joining groups of candidates they dont support. Heck the Paulites are spamming just about every group. If joining the facebook group indicated support then Ron Paul's constituents support every single candidate out there.

Psychoblues
08-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Ain't it a HOOT!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Im actually rather surprised this is in the news. They are saying she supported obama because she joined a facebook group. There are lots of people, particularly political that are joining groups of candidates they dont support. Heck the Paulites are spamming just about every group. If joining the facebook group indicated support then Ron Paul's constituents support every single candidate out there.

The girl is following her education and heart. Her daddy ain't jack shit. I already knew that. Why didn't you?

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 12:44 AM

I'm not surprised. Giuliani isn't close with his kids at all, his ex-wife turned them against him. I watched a documentary on him.

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 01:57 AM
WASHINGTON (CNN) — Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani may not be able to count on support from his own daughter, Slate.com reported Monday.

On his daughter Caroline’s Facebook profile, the self-described liberal was a part of a group that supports Illinois Sen. Barack Obama’s presidential bid. After Slate.com emailed her about it, she immediately left the group, the web site reported.

But a spokeswoman for Caroline said her action didn’t mean that she is supporting Obama, or any other candidate in particular. “Before the presidential campaign got underway, Caroline added herself to a list on Facebook as an expression of interest in certain principles,” Joannie C. Danielides said in a statement. “It was not intended as an indication of support in a presidential campaign and she has removed it. Caroline is not commenting on the 2008 election.”

While many of the other candidates’ entire families have been visible on the campaign trail, Giuliani’s children have yet to make an appearance. His son, Andrew, said he will not help the campaign because he wants to concentrate on becoming a professional golfer, The New York Times reported in March.

Since his very public divorce from his second wife and his marriage to Judith Nathan, Giuliani’s relationship with his children has been strained. Giuliani stopped going to his children’s events, missing Andrew’s high school graduation and Caroline’s plays, the Times also reported.

Giuliani talked about his daughter at a campaign stop in Clear Lake, Iowa on Monday.

“My daughter I love very much,” Giuliani said. “I have great respect for her, and I’m really proud of her. And I don’t comment on children because I want to give them the maximum degree of privacy. I think children in situations like this deserve to have the maximum degree of privacy. And the best way to preserve that is, except to point out that you love them and care about them and you’re very, very proud of them, just don’t comment about it.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

JohnDoe
08-07-2007, 02:07 AM
I'm not surprised. Giuliani isn't close with his kids at all, his ex-wife turned them against him. I watched a documentary on him.His own wife turned his children against him? Gees, you would think that his OWN actions turned them against him, with his affair and moving his mistress in to the governor's mansion with them, telling his wife thru the media that he was kicking her out, divorcing her?

I think that Rudy has made HIS OWN BED!

tsk tsk tsk! (MEN!!!)

hahaha, I see the female in me is showing! lol ;)

red states rule
08-08-2007, 05:15 AM
His own wife turned his children against him? Gees, you would think that his OWN actions turned them against him, with his affair and moving his mistress in to the governor's mansion with them, telling his wife thru the media that he was kicking her out, divorcing her?

I think that Rudy has made HIS OWN BED!

tsk tsk tsk! (MEN!!!)

hahaha, I see the female in me is showing! lol ;)

Rudy is the only one who can make sure we do not have to endure another Clinton as President

08-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Rudy is the only one who can make sure we do not have to endure another Clinton as President

you keep saying that but there is absolutely no reason to believe that. Almost every Republican candidate is far superior to Hilary Clinton. She brings negative votes to the table. The idea that she is unbeatable is a myth. The second we have a candidate, it wont matter who it is agianst her. He is going to look far better.

red states rule
08-08-2007, 07:21 AM
you keep saying that but there is absolutely no reason to believe that. Almost every Republican candidate is far superior to Hilary Clinton. She brings negative votes to the table. The idea that she is unbeatable is a myth. The second we have a candidate, it wont matter who it is agianst her. He is going to look far better.

That is what I believe. The liberal media wil be the biggest doner to her campaign, and they will do whatever is needed to help her

I am not saying anything bad about the other candidates - they are all good ones

I believe Rudy has the best shot of beating her