PDA

View Full Version : Trump Tells 'Confidants' US Will Leave Paris Climate Deal

jimnyc
05-28-2017, 02:03 PM
Axios: Trump Tells 'Confidants' US Will Leave Paris Climate Deal

U.S. President Donald Trump has told "confidants," including the head of the Environmental Protection Agency Scott Pruitt, that he plans to leave a landmark international agreement on climate change, Axios news outlet reported on Saturday, citing three sources with direct knowledge.

On Saturday, Trump said in a Twitter post he would make a decision on whether to support the Paris climate deal next week.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

A source who has been in contact with people involved in the decision told Reuters a couple of meetings were planned with chief executives of energy companies and big corporations and others about the climate agreement ahead of Trump's expected announcement later in the week. It was unclear whether those meetings would still take place.

"I will make my final decision on the Paris Accord next week!" he tweeted on the final day of a Group of Seven (G7) summit in Italy at which he refused to bow to pressure from allies to back the landmark 2015 agreement.

Rest here - http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Trump-Paris-climate-deal/2017/05/27/id/792758/

Black Diamond
05-28-2017, 02:43 PM
See what happens. I have the audacity of hope.

pete311
05-28-2017, 04:22 PM
Weird how you aren't troubled by this leak or the fact of anonymous sources.

jimnyc
05-28-2017, 04:39 PM
Weird how you aren't troubled by this leak or the fact of anonymous sources.

I fail to see the comparison.

Black Diamond
05-31-2017, 10:29 PM
He is going to announce tomorrow? Anyone have the latest inside info?

Gunny
06-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Weird how you aren't troubled by this leak or the fact of anonymous sources.Uh ...? I see names. Looks like a plan to me rather than a "leak".

If for some magical theory it can be misconstrued as a "leak", I'd say looks like Trump doesn't have to guess who it came from, huh?

Some of this crap is TOO simple.:laugh:

pete311
06-01-2017, 09:05 AM
Uh ...? I see names. Looks like a plan to me rather than a "leak".

If for some magical theory it can be misconstrued as a "leak", I'd say looks like Trump doesn't have to guess who it came from, huh?

Some of this crap is TOO simple.:laugh:

I must have missed it, please name the "three sources with direct knowledge".

Gunny
06-01-2017, 09:29 AM
I must have missed it, please name the "three sources with direct knowledge".Try reading the article. Then you can show me where Trump has denied it. He's had plenty of time to shoot one off on his tweety bird account. :)

pete311
06-01-2017, 10:28 AM
Try reading the article. Then you can show me where Trump has denied it. He's had plenty of time to shoot one off on his tweety bird account. :)

He hasn't denied many allegations, that's not the point.

Gunny
06-01-2017, 10:56 AM
He hasn't denied many allegations, that's not the point.You're always trying to make a non-point. Whether or not Trump pulls out of the bottomless money pit means nothing, and it's not classified. That being the case, there can be no "leak". THAT is the point.

You don't seem to get the difference between classified and unclassified, and matters/doesn't matter. I could care less what the chatter is from a bunch of fools that have sold other fools on global climate change being man-made, and that Man can actually affect a cyclical climate change in the Earth.

They sure are making a lot of money to sit around and increase carbon dioxide in our atmosphere doing nothing but expending it with every long-winded, pointless speech.

I don't care if Trump pulls us out. I don't care if I know it beforehand or not. If he's going to save US dollars from a bottomless, pointless pit, I'm for it.

Black Diamond
06-01-2017, 11:52 AM
2 more hours.

Gunny
06-01-2017, 12:00 PM
2 more hours.Act surprised so they won't know Petey leaked the info to us. :)

Black Diamond
06-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Act surprised so they won't know Petey leaked the info to us. :)
Trump has everyone on the edge of their seat. He can't get the reality show out of his blood. :laugh: