PDA

View Full Version : Public Getting Weary that Trump Not Impeached Yet

jimnyc
05-29-2017, 01:12 PM
This woman is starting to be one of those, that when I see I literally feel disgust with them. Ok, I kid, I already felt that way! That's because this woman is a complete moronic idiot. She also ignores her job. She needs to be dismissed. Folks like HER are "abuse" of money and the system in Washington. And now she wants us to believe that the public is weary about impeachment?

---

Maxine Waters: Public Getting Weary that Trump Not Impeached Yet

Democrat mouthpiece Maxine Waters is having a hard time understanding why President Trump is still in office.

She doesn’t quite comprehend that you have to commit ‘treason, bribery, or other high crimes of misdemeanors.’ The fact that Democrats don’t like President Trump does not qualify as a high crime — no matter how much they complain.

Representative Waters told Joy Reid
Breitbart.com reported:

Sunday on MSNBC’s “AM Joy,” Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) said the public was “getting weary” that Democrats have not done enough to begin the process of impeaching President Donald Trump.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/05/maxine-waters-public-getting-weary-trump-not-impeached-yet-video/

Abbey Marie
05-29-2017, 01:22 PM
There are some people with whom I hate having to share the planet. See woman above.
I struggle not to look down on people like her. The sheer idiocy coupled with unwarranted smugness drives me batty.

pete311
05-29-2017, 01:27 PM
Let's be honest, the House is full of people not competent for the position.

jimnyc
05-29-2017, 01:28 PM

I agree with you. Just seems it tilts to the left a little. :)

Abbey Marie
05-29-2017, 01:31 PM

No doubt there are lots of people who shouldn't be there. It's the ones that constantly open their maw and leave us no doubt, that deserve the most criticism.

gabosaurus
05-29-2017, 01:37 PM
Californians have been weary of Maxine Waters being in office for many years now. We have as much chance of getting rid of her as Dems have of impeaching Trump.

pete311
05-29-2017, 01:37 PM
My favorite to hate is my local Dem Gwen Moore. How she keeps getting voted in is a mystery and embarrassment.

jimnyc
05-29-2017, 01:40 PM
Californians have been weary of Maxine Waters being in office for many years now. We have as much chance of getting rid of her as Dems have of impeaching Trump.

WHY does she remain? WTF is wrong with those in her district? What about her is it that they keep putting her back in office?

Abbey Marie
05-29-2017, 01:43 PM
WHY does she remain? WTF is wrong with those in her district? What about her is it that they keep putting her back in office?

Some possibilities:
People are morons.
She pays people to vote.
People are morons.

gabosaurus
05-29-2017, 01:54 PM
It's a very apathetic district (Ethnicity: 15.1% White; 23.6% Black; 12.6% Asian; 46.0% Hispanic; 2.7% other). Waters has a very effective Chicago type machine. Sort of like Sheila Jackson Lee, who I believe works in much the same manner.

Black Diamond
05-29-2017, 02:07 PM
much of the public is weary of Donald not being impeached, whether waters speaks of it or not. They will continue to get more and more weary because he won't thrown out of office.

jimnyc
05-29-2017, 02:33 PM
The funny thing... the congress critters should be much more informed about how our constitution, our laws and other related things work. The average everyday joe from Idaho are usually a little clueless when it comes to the fine print things.

But I'm betting that the majority of average folks in America kinda know what it takes to qualify for impeachment, what treason and crimes are.... but dippy doodle here can't seem to get a grasp. :rolleyes:

gabosaurus
05-29-2017, 03:11 PM
But I'm betting that the majority of average folks in America kinda know what it takes to qualify for impeachment, what treason and crimes are....

You would be surprised how little average folks know. I wished everyone was required to take a basic government class.
I know a lot of that because I was one of a group of high school students chosen to participate in a mock Congress. My best friend won election as Speaker of the House by baking cookies for everyone. :cool:

pete311
05-29-2017, 04:01 PM
You would be surprised how little average folks know. I wished everyone was required to take a basic government class.

It's actually pretty stunning it's not a high school requirement. Maybe congress likes it that way. I don't know. I read the news every day and stay on top of things and even I am aware of my insufficient understanding of how the gov works.

Kathianne
05-29-2017, 04:02 PM
It's actually pretty stunning it's not a high school requirement. Maybe congress likes it that way. I don't know. I read the news every day and stay on top of things and even I am aware of my insufficient understanding of how the gov works.

It used to be, in fact US History and Western Civ used to both be required in HS and nearly all universities.

jimnyc
05-29-2017, 04:05 PM
It used to be, in fact US History and Western Civ used to both be required in HS and nearly all universities.

It wasn't in my HS, but when I went to college it was the very first course I had to take!

Kathianne
05-29-2017, 04:18 PM
It wasn't in my HS, but when I went to college it was the very first course I had to take!

Illinois, at least when I was there 3 years ago, still required HS grads to pass the Constitution test of both US and IL. Pretty much that requires basic civics info, though not complete by any means.

jimnyc
05-29-2017, 04:27 PM
Illinois, at least when I was there 3 years ago, still required HS grads to pass the Constitution test of both US and IL. Pretty much that requires basic civics info, though not complete by any means.

Hell, maybe we did take some tests or something like that. I definitely remember it being the first course I took out of HS. If in HS, it's possible, but I just don't remember - would have been like '85 or '86? Ask me what I had for dinner last night and I may have to think about it!

Neo
05-29-2017, 05:52 PM

IF "we" were being "honest", "we'd" be admitting that the most incompetents of the incompetent, are Liberals.

This is ESPECIALLY true of the BCC, with such illiterate, language slaughtering stars such as the above noted Waters, & other luminaries of the Left such as Elijah Cummings, Keith Ellison, Barbara Lee Jackson, etc.

Yet Water's owns THREE homes, one of which is a mansion valued at over 3.5 MILLION! How is that POSSIBLE on a salary of just $174k (less in years past)?

She paid her daughter 700k+ to send out mailers! She's behind in tax owings, why isn't her shit leaned? WHY is she allowed to stay in Office? She's OBVIOUSLY corrupt!

Remember "Cold Cash Jefferson", black Dimwitrat Congressman from La.?

Our standards are pathetic, some of our guys/gals are almost as bad, true dat, but Libs have no standards whatsoever.

aboutime
05-29-2017, 06:02 PM
Couldn't find a BETTER EXAMPLE, POSTER CHILD, DUMMY to represent the Liberal Left/Progressives/Democrats/Whiners/Offended Snowflakes.

http://youtu.be/w-N3eaetwY8https://pics.me.me/maxine-waters-shes-sodumb-she-thought-taco-bell-was-a-16206659.pnghttps://i.imgflip.com/1jjjnl.jpg

Abbey Marie
05-29-2017, 06:10 PM
You're all racist!

aboutime
05-29-2017, 06:18 PM
You're all racist!

Thanks Abbey. I thought I lost that title/description when Obama left the W/H.

Either way. Proud to be recognized for demonstrating REALITY, and TRUTH.:laugh:

Gunny
05-29-2017, 07:01 PM
I know a lot of that because I was one of a group of high school students chosen to participate in a mock Congress. My best friend won election as Speaker of the House by baking cookies for everyone. :cool:

It's actually pretty stunning it's not a high school requirement. Maybe congress likes it that way. I don't know. I read the news every day and stay on top of things and even I am aware of my insufficient understanding of how the gov works.When did it NOT become a requirement? We were required to take US History in 10th grade; World History in 11th; and, US Government in 12th. We had to take some sort of history starting 3rd grade.

I don't get not at least teaching the basics.

aboutime
05-29-2017, 07:08 PM
When did it NOT become a requirement? We were required to take US History in 10th grade; World History in 11th; and, US Government in 12th. We had to take some sort of history starting 3rd grade.

I don't get not at least teaching the basics.

Gunny. Can't prove it here. But after asking my oldest grandson, and the next oldest. It seems they DO NOT RECEIVE ANY AMERICAN HISTORY classes these days.
They seem to believe the teachers have been told NOT to stray from the assigned teaching assignments, formulated by their local School Boards.

The problem..IMO comes from both the TEACHERS UNIONS, THE NEA, and DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION...formerly under DEMOCRAT RULES.
http://youtu.be/WJlY9C7YWzI

Gunny
05-29-2017, 07:12 PM
Gunny. Can't prove it here. But after asking my oldest grandson, and the next oldest. It seems they DO NOT RECEIVE ANY AMERICAN HISTORY classes these days.
They seem to believe the teachers have been told NOT to stray from the assigned teaching assignments, formulated by their local School Boards.

The problem..IMO comes from both the TEACHERS UNIONS, THE NEA, and DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION...formerly under DEMOCRAT RULES.I've often wondered how people can be some dumb about history and government. Those were guaranteed A's for ME.

Black Diamond
05-29-2017, 07:18 PM
I think aboutime is on to something when he mentions teachers unions.

Gunny
05-29-2017, 07:21 PM
I think aboutime is on to something when he mentions teachers unions.From talking to my daughter, ut the State Board of Education that determines curriculum. Came up in a different discussion with her.

I don't know how the union plays into that. They sure don't protect the teachers.

Black Diamond
05-29-2017, 07:24 PM
From talking to my daughter, ut the State Board of Education that determines curriculum. Came up in a different discussion with her.

I don't know how the union plays into that. They sure don't protect the teachers.
Why would board omit government and western civilization and history? Or why would anyone?

aboutime
05-29-2017, 07:25 PM
From talking to my daughter, ut the State Board of Education that determines curriculum. Came up in a different discussion with her.

Gunny. Just my opinion here, but if you think about that. The Teachers Union thinks more about their members than the Children they are supposed to teach. As for protecting the Teachers....gotta disagree with you there. They actually protect BAD teachers from being fired, and the GOOD teachers have to pay for the BAD teachers to stay.

Black Diamond
05-29-2017, 07:27 PM
Gunny. Just my opinion here, but if you think about that. The Teachers Union thinks more about their members than the Children they are supposed to teach. As for protecting the Teachers....gotta disagree with you there. They actually protect BAD teachers from being fired, and the GOOD teachers have to pay for the BAD teachers to stay.
School vouchers. It's what we need imo.

aboutime
05-29-2017, 07:35 PM
School vouchers. It's what we need imo.

Black Diamond. AGREED! Time to give THE PARENTS control over where their CHILDREN go to school. That would be the greatest threat to the NEA, and TEACHERS UNIONS.

http://youtu.be/_z580y_Z95s
It would force teachers, and school boards to DEMAND better teachers, and principals or...they would be GONE. Not hanging around in rooms (like in NYC) where the BAD teachers get to sleep, play cards, and watch tv...WHILE STILL BEING PAID.

http://youtu.be/dodWz2khMh8

Kathianne
05-29-2017, 07:45 PM

The state determines the standards for the state; local school boards determine their local schools curriculum which must adhere to state standards. If you read state standards, you'll find that there is leeway in most regarding when a certain standard must be addressed.

Civics has fallen due in large measure because of standardized testing. "Social studies" encompasses so many things, where you'll find an emphasis regarding standards is 'Communities,' which includes family, neighborhood, country, world. Emphasis is on 'co-existing.' Indeed you'll find crossover with science on topics such as symbiosis.

I let my membership in the National History Teachers Association lapse a few years ago, but they were trying to address the problems with not teaching American history, civics, and Western Civ. They were trying to address it through national standards when that looked inevitable, but it no longer is. Pretty difficult to deal with 50 states, then countless smaller school districts. You'll notice it's not the National Social Studies-blah, blah. There's one of those too, but no way for me. ;)

Gunny
05-30-2017, 11:09 AM
Gunny. Just my opinion here, but if you think about that. The Teachers Union thinks more about their members than the Children they are supposed to teach. As for protecting the Teachers....gotta disagree with you there. They actually protect BAD teachers from being fired, and the GOOD teachers have to pay for the BAD teachers to stay.The teachers unions think highly of the teachers' DUES. They do NOT protect teachers from the students. That may dovetail with your "bad teachers" comment. The bad ones don't piss off students by expecting them to participate in class, turm homework in on time, not disrupt the class, etc.

From what I gather, the standard is set really low on education so all the other kids don't make "Dumbass Johnny" feel bad about himself for being 12 years old in the 3rd grade still.