PDA

View Full Version : Why DC is leaking like a sieve

gabosaurus
05-31-2017, 10:23 PM
Interesting analysis from CNN. (Not the Gateway Pundit, obviously, so read at your own risk).

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/31/opinions/why-washington-leaks-zelizer/

Then, of course, there are the classified documents leaked to another valued news source. :cool:

http://www.theonion.com/trumpdocuments

Gunny
06-01-2017, 08:34 AM
Interesting analysis from CNN. (Not the Gateway Pundit, obviously, so read at your own risk).

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/31/opinions/why-washington-leaks-zelizer/

Then, of course, there are the classified documents leaked to another valued news source. :cool:

http://www.theonion.com/trumpdocumentsOur government leaks like a sieve because the left believes the Constitution is a suicide pact. "I have a Constitutional RIGHT to this info no matter how much it damages the overall well-being and security of the very Nation that gives them those Rights.

Well, no you don't, and no you don't, respectively. No where in the Constitution does it state you have the right to endanger our Nation, our society and or my family just so you can point a finger and sling mud at a Republican. Those lives are (debatable at this point but my family's is anyway) more important than some cheesed*ck one-upping politicians.

gabosaurus
06-01-2017, 10:59 AM
Our government leaks like a sieve because the left believes the Constitution is a suicide pact.

Obviously you didn't bother to read the story. This has nothing to do with "the left."

Gunny
06-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Obviously you didn't bother to read the story. This has nothing to do with "the left."Just as obvious you don't read posts. Got an opinion? Put it out here. If I want to read an article as a post I can skip YOU and use google.

I commented on what actually did think up yourself -- the usual slanted thread title. I don't chase links. If I want to bore myself to tears I have a copy of Bram Stoker's Dracula.

gabosaurus
06-01-2017, 12:35 PM
My "slanted thread title" is the title placed on the article itself. Not like I thought it up myself. :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
06-01-2017, 12:37 PM
My "slanted thread title" is the title placed on the article itself. Not like I thought it up myself. :rolleyes:
You and CNN are both slanted so that fits.

jimnyc
06-01-2017, 12:39 PM
Simple - it's leaking because the democrats and Hillary lost what they thought they were entitled to. They quickly went into sabotage mode. Hell, there are emails from Podesta stating just that, to place crap like this Russia stuff out there.

Kathianne
06-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Simple - it's leaking because the democrats and Hillary lost what they thought they were entitled to. They quickly went into sabotage mode. Hell, there are emails from Podesta stating just that, to place crap like this Russia stuff out there.

There certainly are leaks, without a doubt. A bit of a problem with the specific explanation is that all administrations have leaks, Obama had a lot. Indeed, his going after the press may have come close to getting in some legal trouble.

Part of Trump's problem are three-fold. One, too many folks in higher positions within departments. A good number, maybe most, is because he hasn't replaced them with his own people or let them go. The problem here isn't with getting Senate approval, they haven't submitted the over 4k names.

Two, there are people who feel he is doing things to harm the country, the feel 'justified' in breaking the law.

Three, sort of related to #2, people that are loyal to him, but can't be 'heard' feel justified attempting to talk to him through the press.

jimnyc
06-01-2017, 04:01 PM
There certainly are leaks, without a doubt. A bit of a problem with the specific explanation is that all administrations have leaks, Obama had a lot. Indeed, his going after the press may have come close to getting in some legal trouble.

Part of Trump's problem are three-fold. One, too many folks in higher positions within departments. A good number, maybe most, is because he hasn't replaced them with his own people or let them go. The problem here isn't with getting Senate approval, they haven't submitted the over 4k names.

Two, there are people who feel he is doing things to harm the country, the feel 'justified' in breaking the law.

Three, sort of related to #2, people that are loyal to him, but can't be 'heard' feel justified attempting to talk to him through the press.

They all seem to lean towards this being one of Trump's own folks being behind this. I don't buy that at all. Maybe a little of the first one you mention, which of course is not replacing people or letting them go. That would almost seem obvious, but I'm clueless as to how all that works. Who would mainly be in charge of firing/hiring of those 4K Of course "the buck stops here". But I can't imagine the president sits back and looks at resumes and hires 4,000 people.

I don't know either how the leftovers work with the intel agencies. Do they keep certain terms like Comey had? Or is that just for the director? My serious belief is that it's coming from, or at least getting great help from, someone in the intel department somewhere. Maybe that person within the intel agency is helping someone else? I don't think that person is a Trump buddy in his administration though.

But even if it turns out to be someone like Kushner. First and obviously, he is out of a job. And secondly, even if it were him, I would prosecute with whatever laws possible. I'm not looking to cover for anyone on Trump's side either. This shit is serious and damaging.

Kathianne
06-01-2017, 04:32 PM
They all seem to lean towards this being one of Trump's own folks being behind this. I don't buy that at all. Maybe a little of the first one you mention, which of course is not replacing people or letting them go. That would almost seem obvious, but I'm clueless as to how all that works. Who would mainly be in charge of firing/hiring of those 4K Of course "the buck stops here". But I can't imagine the president sits back and looks at resumes and hires 4,000 people.

I don't know either how the leftovers work with the intel agencies. Do they keep certain terms like Comey had? Or is that just for the director? My serious belief is that it's coming from, or at least getting great help from, someone in the intel department somewhere. Maybe that person within the intel agency is helping someone else? I don't think that person is a Trump buddy in his administration though.

But even if it turns out to be someone like Kushner. First and obviously, he is out of a job. And secondly, even if it were him, I would prosecute with whatever laws possible. I'm not looking to cover for anyone on Trump's side either. This shit is serious and damaging.

Check out this about what Gingrich said, though he's not talking about the 4k, but approx 550 higher positions:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/31/gingrich-absurd-entering-june-obama-holdovers-still-key-positions-government/

Gingrich: It’s absurd that we’re entering June with Obama holdovers still in key positions in the government

POSTED AT 8:01 PM ON MAY 31, 2017 BY ALLAHPUNDIT

The process is bogged down as a result of micromanaging by the president and senior staff, turf wars between the West Wing and Cabinet secretaries and a largely inexperienced and overworked staff, say more than a dozen sources including administration insiders, lobbyists, lawyers and Republican strategists.

Trump personally oversees the hiring process for agency staff by insisting on combing through a binder full of names each week and likes to sign off on each one, according to two people with knowledge of the administration’s hiring process. Also weighing in on the names — and not always agreeing on final picks — are leaders of sometimes warring factions, including chief of staff Reince Priebus, senior strategist Steve Bannon, Cabinet secretaries and, sometimes, the White House’s top lawyer, Don McGahn.

jimnyc
06-01-2017, 05:21 PM
I'm sure there's some dumbassery from within hurting themselves. But a lot stems from the Dems, and their continued vowing to fight anything and everything Trump, specifically of course with any type of nominees. I don't know how much if any of these folks have to go that route.

But those that remain there, that the current administration has complete control over, and they can move on like they do with attorneys after the WH changes.... then the current WH administration would be guilty of malpractice to have allowed this to continue.

But the sad part, is the very fact that this even has to be discussed. Sure, of course there are always leaks. But these seem to be worse, more often, more concentrated. It shouldn't be this way.

I'd be curious, regardless of who is doing any leaking - just based on the content alone - IF someone were to be caught, outside of being fired, has anything illegal transpired, and to what level?

I ask, because someone has some bronzed basketball sized gonads to get access to the information they apparently get, and having no worries in releasing anything. Does someone not give a crap about being caught? Or someone feeling it next to impossible that they will in fact get caught?

Kathianne
06-01-2017, 05:37 PM
I'm sure there's some dumbassery from within hurting themselves. But a lot stems from the Dems, and their continued vowing to fight anything and everything Trump, specifically of course with any type of nominees. I don't know how much if any of these folks have to go that route.

But those that remain there, that the current administration has complete control over, and they can move on like they do with attorneys after the WH changes.... then the current WH administration would be guilty of malpractice to have allowed this to continue.

But the sad part, is the very fact that this even has to be discussed. Sure, of course there are always leaks. But these seem to be worse, more often, more concentrated. It shouldn't be this way.

I'd be curious, regardless of who is doing any leaking - just based on the content alone - IF someone were to be caught, outside of being fired, has anything illegal transpired, and to what level?

I ask, because someone has some bronzed basketball sized gonads to get access to the information they apparently get, and having no worries in releasing anything. Does someone not give a crap about being caught? Or someone feeling it next to impossible that they will in fact get caught?

My guess is they will catch individuals working within the administration, whether or not Obama loyalists. I hold out less hope for intel type leaks, it's the nature of the numbers.