PDA

View Full Version : Payrolls are up...

jimnyc
06-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Private payrolls add 253K in May vs. 185K est.: ADP

Job creation surged in May thanks to a jump in construction positions and a boom in professional and business services, according to a report Thursday from ADP and Moody's Analytics.

Private payrolls increased by 253,000, well ahead of expectations. Economists surveyed by Reuters expected the report to show that private payrolls grew by 185,000 in May from 174,000 in April.

The growth "is three times the rate of the growth in the underlying labor force," Mark Zandi, the chief economist at Moody's Analytics, told CNBC. "So that means the unemployment rate, which is 4.4 percent, is quickly headed to 4 percent. This labor market is rip-roaring and getting really tight."

Services broadly led the way with 205,000 new jobs, with professional and business services contributing 88,000 — its best month in about three years — and education and health services adding 54,000.

Rest here - http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/01/adp-private-sector-payrolls-may-2017.html

Private sector job growth rebounds to ‘rip-roaring’ pace in May, ADP says

Private-sector hiring surged in May, according to a report released Thursday.

Employers added a seasonally adjusted 253,000 during the month, payroll processor ADP said. Mark Zandi, chief economist for Moody’s Analytics, which helps produce the report, called job growth “rip-roaring.”

That was a much stronger pace of hiring than the Econoday consensus, which had called for 170,000 jobs. Economists watch ADP’s report for clues about the government’s monthly payroll data, due out Friday, though ADP has an imperfect record of forecasting the Labor Department’s numbers. The MarketWatch consensus for the government data is for a gain of 185,000 jobs.

Small businesses added 83,000 jobs in May, medium-sized businesses added 113,000, and large firms hired 57,000 workers.

April’s job gains, originally reported as 177,000, were revised down to 174,000.

Rest here - http://www.marketwatch.com/story/private-sector-job-growth-rebounds-to-rip-roaring-pace-in-may-adp-says-2017-06-01

jimnyc
06-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Americans' Comfort Rises on Strongest View of Finances in Decade

Americans are the most upbeat about their finances in a decade, which will probably help consumer spending contribute more to the U.S. economy in the second quarter, Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index figures showed Thursday.

Key Takeaways

Stocks near a record high, sustained strength in the labor market and steadily rising wages are making Americans feel better about their financial well-being and the economy. Homeowners are also encouraged by rising property values as the housing market improves. Overall, the sunnier outlook bodes well for consumer spending, suggesting that the largest part of the economy could contribute more to second-quarter growth after outlays cooled in the first three months of the year.

Other Details

The confidence of Americans earning at least $100,000 is the second-highest in data going back to 2004
Sentiment in the West increased to a three-month high, and also rose in the Midwest and the South; it decreased in the Northeast from a 10-year high
Comfort continues to be divided along party lines, with measure of sentiment among Republicans outpacing that of Democrats and political independents
Sentiment among unemployed respondents was at its second-strongest since 2007

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-31/kushners-feud-as-rival-clan-members-use-white-house-trump-link

Black Diamond
06-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Fucking Trump.

jimnyc
06-01-2017, 01:16 PM
Fucking Trump.

He says dumb things on Twitter (literally). He doesn't kiss ass. But he's keeping almost all of his promises, and having successes in many areas.

Black Diamond
06-01-2017, 01:28 PM
He says dumb things on Twitter (literally). He doesn't kiss ass. But he's keeping almost all of his promises, and having successes in many areas.
In a half hour we will see whether he keeps a big one.

jimnyc
06-01-2017, 01:39 PM
In a half hour we will see whether he keeps a big one.

I know he stated he would cancel the agreement during the primaries, but I'm having trouble finding any specific articles on it.

From everything I'm reading, he plans on canceling it. Liberal heads are going to explode if that happens. :laugh: 20 more minutes until the splattering starts!

Black Diamond
06-01-2017, 01:44 PM
I know he stated he would cancel the agreement during the primaries, but I'm having trouble finding any specific articles on it.

From everything I'm reading, he plans on canceling it. Liberal heads are going to explode if that happens. :laugh: 20 more minutes until the splattering starts!
I am dreaming of a bloody mess.

NightTrain
06-01-2017, 02:00 PM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/5369642345001/?#sp=show-clips

Black Diamond
06-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Man that was beautiful.