PDA

View Full Version : A Lost Wallet

NightTrain
06-06-2017, 07:15 PM
So, at about 1am last Sunday morning, I arrived with my partners in Anchorage International from Kodiak. It had been hot on the plane, so I was carrying my jacket that had my wallet in the inside pocket.

We got to the baggage claim, and the guy I was riding with went to go get his truck and I collected all our bags.

Somehow, either I dropped my jacket or some dirtbag boosted it from me when I wasn't looking.

Cancelled all my credit cards, notified Social Security (because I was stupidly carrying my SS card in my wallet), notified Experian... all that stuff. Fortunately I had my ID in my back pocket for going through TSA, so there's that small comfort. The huge concern is my social security card in the hands of thieves... not good. Not good at all.

At least I'm finally rid of my Blockbuster Card. I've been meaning to throw that useless one away for a while now.

The Anchorage Airport cops are reviewing the video cams to see what happened, but as it turns out, they're in the middle of upgrading those so they're unsure as to if there was even any vid cams running in that section.

Kathianne
06-06-2017, 07:19 PM
So, at about 1am last Sunday morning, I arrived with my partners in Anchorage International from Kodiak. It had been hot on the plane, so I was carrying my jacket that had my wallet in the inside pocket.

We got to the baggage claim, and the guy I was riding with went to go get his truck and I collected all our bags.

Somehow, either I dropped my jacket or some dirtbag boosted it from me when I wasn't looking.

Cancelled all my credit cards, notified Social Security (because I was stupidly carrying my SS card in my wallet), notified Experian... all that stuff. Fortunately I had my ID in my back pocket for going through TSA, so there's that small comfort. The huge concern is my social security card in the hands of thieves... not good. Not good at all.

At least I'm finally rid of my Blockbuster Card. I've been meaning to throw that useless one away for a while now.

The Anchorage Airport cops are reviewing the video cams to see what happened, but as it turns out, they're in the middle of upgrading those so they're unsure as to if there was even any vid cams running in that section.

:(

Had my purse stolen once, what a pain in the behind.

Abbey Marie
06-06-2017, 07:38 PM

The bolded? Even after losing your wallet and important IDs?

THIS shows how you are one of the most optimistic people I know, and a pleasure to "know". Your folks should give parenting lessons.

Russ
06-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Sorry, Rick, that really stinks. :p

In case it helps, if I'm passing through Anchorage International next week and find a jacket with a wallet in it, I will definitely send you a private message before I try using any of the credit cards. :salute:

NightTrain
06-06-2017, 07:54 PM
Sorry, Rick, that really stinks. :p

In case it help, if I'm passing through Anchorage International next week and find a jacket with a wallet in it, I will definitely send you a private message before I try using any of the credit cards. :salute:

lol, I really wouldn't recommend doing that... there's a few people watching to see where those cards surface when they're attempted to be used.

My bet is attempts from faraway exotic locations like from those Fresh Princes of Nigeria! Maybe Russia? There's worldwide markets for credit card numbers along with handy SS numbers. I should start a pool.

NightTrain
06-08-2017, 12:54 PM
So, it turns out that my wallet & jacket are in Talkeetna... and I know just where that town is.

Some guy on his way through the airport in the middle of the night saw my jacket and took it with him.

Whew!!!!

gabosaurus
06-08-2017, 02:47 PM
So, it turns out that my wallet & jacket are in Talkeetna... and I know just where that town is.

Some guy on his way through the airport in the middle of the night saw my jacket and took it with him.

Whew!!!!

Proves that there are good people everywhere.
My husband was at the Minneapolis airport waiting for a flight when someone lifted his wallet. A kid saw the perpetrator walking away with it and alerted police. The perp was arrested and my husband had his wallet back before he ever knew it was stolen.