PDA

View Full Version : Kudlow: Market Shows It Loves Trump's Paris Decision

jimnyc
06-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Kudlow: Market Shows It Loves Trump's Paris Decision

The record highs in the stock market at the end of this week is America's seal of approval for President Donald Trump's pulling out out of the Paris climate accord, as wars on business and fossil fuels come to an end, former economic adviser Larry Kudlow said Sunday.

"Trump is saying, 'I'm here to defend America, and we are going to continue our explorations, technology; we going to try for a clean coal; we're going to keep natural gas fracking; we're going to keep oil,' etc. – and the market loves that, because the market wants growth," Kudlow told "The Cats Roundtable" on 970 AM-N.Y.

Kudlow said neither he nor Trump is anti-climate or against renewable energies, but the technology is not quite ready to power the U.S. and its economy, which needs to kick into higher growth.

"I'm for everything; I'm for all of the above," he told host John Catsimatidis. "I just don't want the government to subsidize any of them, and I don't want the government to regulate any of them out of business," said Kudlow, who was a key architect of Trump’s tax platform and an early supporter of the real-estate billionaire's campaign.

"And renewables are not sufficient in a growing economy. They're only going to supply 3, 4, 5 percent. That's it," said Kudlow, who worked as Ronald Reagan’s budget deputy between 1981 and 1985.

"Trump never said he wasn't concerned about climate change," Kudlow said, but "we're in a bad deal – we're going to have to subsidize these other countries" and our U.S. clean energy needs to be affordable and sustainable if we are to operate in a growing economy.

"The war on business is coming to an end," the Newsmax Finance Insider said. "The war on fossil fuels is coming to an end. The U.S. is not going to be a patsy.

http://www.newsmax.com/StreetTalk/renewable-energy-coal-Paris-Agreement/2017/06/04/id/794019/

gabosaurus
06-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Of course. The market is an indicator of business prospects, not of the American economy as a whole. A stock's price is determined by how profitable it is. If you run a chemical plant, you are more worried about your profit margin than whether your air pollution or chemical waste runoff affects the environment.