PDA

View Full Version : Comey ‘Showed Clearly Why He Was Not Fit’ for Job

jimnyc
06-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Take note of who is commenting and what not, and not just the source as usual. It's not my fault or theirs that certain things don't get as much coverage elsewhere.

---

Former Assistant FBI Director: Comey ‘Showed Clearly Why He Was Not Fit’ for Job

Former FBI director James Comey’s testimony that provoked conflicting reactions on Capitol Hill similarly sparked diverse responses from two former high-ranking FBI agents contacted by Breitbart News.

“I don’t think Comey did much to help himself,” James Kallstrom, a former assistant director of the FBI, told Breitbart News. “He showed clearly why he was not fit to be the FBI director in my view.”

Comey’s admission that he surreptitiously took notes of a private meeting with the president and then leaked the contents to the press through a third party irked the FBI’s former assistant director.

“This nonsense about his conversations with the president and feeling necessary to write down notes,” Kallstrom pointed out. “He didn’t write a memo when the attorney general met with President Clinton on an airplane in Arizona. He didn’t write a memo when the FBI was told to not investigate (or on their own refrained from investigating) the IRS, which was violating the rights of Americans by the thousands…. What did Comey do when he was told to shut down the investigation of the Clinton Foundation? Did he write a memo then?”

Comey told the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday that he construed a conversation with President Donald Trump as pressure for him to drop his investigation into Lieutenant General Michael Flynn, who resigned just weeks into his tenure as national security advisor due to undisclosed communications with the Russian ambassador to the United States. He admitted to leaking notes on a private conversation with the president to the New York Times. He also noted that Obama administration attorney general Loretta Lynch prevailed upon him to call his “investigation” into Hillary Clinton a “matter.”

Retired FBI special agent Kenneth Maxwell described Comey as a “dedicated patriot.”

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/06/08/exclusive-former-assistant-fbi-director-comey-showed-clearly-not-fit-job/

Black Diamond
06-09-2017, 08:59 AM
One big takeaway from the committee hearing is that Comey has the spine of a jellyfish.

NightTrain
06-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Leaking the memo to the press was a very chickenshit move - and it sets a bad precedent. If the head of the FBI leaks to the press, what's to stop any of the thousands of Agents from doing the same when it suits their political beliefs?

I'm sure that most agents would reject such notions, but it's a certainty that the knowledge that Comey did so will sway at least a few of them considering it.

And it's going to come off more than a little hypocritical to them when management warns against doing such things - after all, the Director readily admitted it publicly.

Black Diamond
06-09-2017, 09:55 AM
Leaking the memo to the press was a very chickenshit move - and it sets a bad precedent. If the head of the FBI leaks to the press, what's to stop any of the thousands of Agents from doing the same when it suits their political beliefs?

I'm sure that most agents would reject such notions, but it's a certainty that the knowledge that Comey did so will sway at least a few of them considering it.

And it's going to come off more than a little hypocritical to them when management warns against doing such things - after all, the Director readily admitted it publicly.
Yeah the lesson Comey wants you to learn is never fire an FBI director. But if you do, you'd be nice about it.

NightTrain
06-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Yeah the lesson Comey wants you to learn is never fire an FBI director. But if you do, you'd be nice about it.

No question it was personal on Comey's part, he admitted that several times during his testimony.

The firing could have been handled much better and without the sting of the added tweets - but the fact that Comey leaked shows me that Trump was correct in not trusting him and removing him.

I didn't hear anyone ask Comey "How many other times have you used your backchannels to leak info to the press?". That's a question that should have been asked while he was under oath.

Kathianne
06-09-2017, 12:22 PM
No question it was personal on Comey's part, he admitted that several times during his testimony.

The firing could have been handled much better and without the sting of the added tweets - but the fact that Comey leaked shows me that Trump was correct in not trusting him and removing him.

I didn't hear anyone ask Comey "How many other times have you used your backchannels to leak info to the press?". That's a question that should have been asked while he was under oath.

Not disagreeing with any of the points made. I do think between Comey's actions and Trump's tweets, we've all learned just how petty rich geniuses can be. I don't trust either of them.