PDA

View Full Version : Batman is dead

jimnyc
06-10-2017, 02:28 PM
RIP

Adam West, TV’s ‘Batman,’ Dies at 88

Adam West — an actor defined and also constrained by his role in the 1960s series “Batman” — died Friday night in Los Angeles. He was 88. A rep said that he died after a short battle with leukemia.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/adam-west-dead-dies-batman-1202461532/

KarlMarx
06-10-2017, 07:54 PM
RIP

Adam West, TV’s ‘Batman,’ Dies at 88

Adam West — an actor defined and also constrained by his role in the 1960s series “Batman” — died Friday night in Los Angeles. He was 88. A rep said that he died after a short battle with leukemia.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/adam-west-dead-dies-batman-1202461532/

I remember when Batman first aired back in 1966. It became one of the most popular TV shows in history up until that time. It was on twice a week, which was very unusual for that time. I wanted to be like Batman because he had that utility belt and he always had a solution to any problem that life sent his way. I will miss Adam West, I really owe him a debt of gratitude. In some way he actually influenced what I became later in life, a programmer, i.e. a problem solver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neo
06-10-2017, 08:40 PM
Holy funereal procession!:crying2:

Has anyone notified Commissioner Gordon?

Seriously though, it was my favorite show as a kid. Sigh...yet another reminder that I'm getting older than dirt, LOL! :laugh2:

Black Diamond
06-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Holy funereal procession!:crying2:

Has anyone notified Commissioner Gordon?

Seriously though, it was my favorite show as a kid. Sigh...yet another reminder that I'm getting older than dirt, LOL! :laugh2:
It was on in syndication. I hated the fact you had to wait until the next day to see how it unfolded. I didn't always get to watch the next day.

Neo
06-10-2017, 10:16 PM
It was on in syndication. I hated the fact you had to wait until the next day to see how it unfolded. I didn't always get to watch the next day.

I think that I read a story today that said it was the 1st show ran twice a week. I don't remember that.....but...what else is new.:laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Sad but death is a part of life. My sympathy for his family and loved ones.
May he rest in peace...