PDA

View Full Version : I Didn't Realize This

Kathianne
06-10-2017, 03:15 PM
I thought that DACA was stopped, I don't know why I thought that. Seems we would be reading or hearing the White House get this news out, since it certainly adds some 'balance' to the stories on the immigrant ban, no?

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/448465/trump-continues-daca-amnesty

Amnesty DonaldBy Mark Krikorian — June 8, 2017
Shortly after inauguration, I wrote about the Trump administration’s decision to continue (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/444157/trump-going-cancel-daca-or-not) the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) amnesty. During the campaign, Trump (correctly) lambasted Obama’s unilateral amnesty program as illegal and pledged to stop it on day one. But not only did he not stop it, DHS has continued to process renewals and even new applications, for illegal aliens who did not already have this two-year renewable work permit.

Try as I might, I couldn’t get anyone at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to tell me how many illegal aliens Donald Trump has amnestied since taking office. You won’t be surprised to learn that they picked Comey-Palooza Day to release the data on the second quarter of FY 2017 (https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/Immigration%20Forms%20Data/All%20Form%20Types/DACA/daca_performancedata_fy2017_qtr2.pdf), meaning January through March.
It shows that during the first three months of this year, USCIS has approved 107,524 DACA renewals and 17,275 new applications. Of the 90 days in the January to March period, 70 of them have been on Trump’s watch, or about 78 percent. Assuming a constant rate of processing, that would mean Donald Trump has given access to work permits, Social Security numbers, driver’s licenses, EITC, and more to 13,436 illegal aliens who had not already been amnestied by Obama. That’s an average of 192 new illegals a day granted amnesty by Donald Trump.

It would also mean that Trump has renewed Obama’s lawless grant of amnesty for 83,630 illegals. But renewals, at least for a time, I can understand – the orgy of sob stories that would result from ending the work permits of some three-quarters of a million people would be a wonder to behold. Though I was initially skeptical, it might even make sense to try to trade a real, lawful amnesty for the DACAs in exchange for important immigration changes only Congress can pass – specifically, universal E-Verify and cuts in legal immigration. In that case, announcing that renewals would continue until, say, the end of the year could be a powerful motivator for congressional Democrats.

But issuing new work permits to illegals who don’t have them already makes no sense at all, either from a P.R. perspective or politically. My speculation is that the White House has no idea what to do about DACA and so is just letting it continue on autopilot – amnestying 192 new illegals a day.

NightTrain
06-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I'm not happy about DACA still operating. Boot them all out.

jimnyc
06-10-2017, 04:27 PM
I don't give a crap for the sob stories. Read a story earlier about people starting a petition, because a 17 year old was taken into custody to get deported. This was after he was ordered deported in November of last year. Too many people getting ordered deported, but then disappear before the process finishes - or you have even worse, many being back from their trips back home as quickly as they left. And many many of them being felons.

The numbers for incoming illegal immigration is going down, now it's time to start concentrating on the worst of the worst of the illegals that are already here.

Kathianne
06-14-2017, 01:58 PM
Some are keeping this out front of those that care. Williamson is not pro-Trump, some of his word choices are harsh, I've pretty much eliminated those:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448588/trump-executive-amnesty-continues-obama-executive-amnesty

Trump’s Executive Amnesty by KEVIN D. WILLIAMSON June 13, 2017 2:21 PM

Getting control of illegal immigration is at the top of Donald Trump’s to-do list, and, on the campaign trail, he vowed to end the Obama administration’s “unconstitutional executive amnesty” on his first day in office.

So why hasn’t he done it?

Candidate Trump was correct: DACA is unconstitutional, and it ought to be eliminated. If Congress wants to change the law and grant amnesty to those illegals who came to the United States as children, then Congress needs to act — and then face voters. So, how come the Trump administration is handing out new work permits — 17,000 of them in the early days of his administration — instead of making good on the president’s promise to nullify the program on day one?

Trump and his talk-radio cheerleaders speak darkly of a “deep state” resisting his policy agenda, such as it is, but one of the reasons that career bureaucrats are in a position to stall Trump administration initiatives is that the Trump administration has failed to install its own people in key leadership roles. And that is why President Trump is failing to deliver on his promise to end President Obama’s executive amnesty — and is instead sitting idly by as his administration hands out work permits to illegal immigrants. Beyond 17,000 new work permits handed out in the first quarter of 2017, more than 100,000 work permits for illegals have been renewed, according to the Washington Post.